RE: Game on
I. It's those douche bags from pick up podcast.
I can't stand AJ "I talk more than my guests" Harbinger.
- guest - "Well I had a pet...."
- AJ *breaks* in - Yeah dude, I totally use a puppy in my pick ups. "
- guest - "weill i had a petrol problem with my car
You can get some solid info, but AJ is annoying as all get out. If I ever see that dude on the street, he's getting socked in the face just for breathing. *full disclosure, I still get their free podcast.
I'm willing to bet they clean it up even more for Maxim.
II. And speaking of podcasts, I don't mean to get off on a rant here but....
- I don't like Super Girly Mouth Thundercat - pick up community gossip? What kinda beta crap is this? Who's suing who? Who told you this and that? That's some schoolyard bs.
- The Sarah Silverman racist stylings of Barry Kirkey (extramask from the game) either. - He's not remotely funny, and he's more about giving out pick up gossip than giving up pick up advice.
- Player Supreme - Dumb Ass. Just stupid.
- Wygant - (playboy from The Game) - Corny, Corny, Corny.
- K-Flex - I like Flex, he's definitely old school though. And if you're not black, you might not really feel him at all.
In 2008, there are a whole bunch of gurus trying to cash in on pick up.
They come in 3 flavors
- Be the Super Alpha James Bond/John Wayne, and the girls pannies drop when you enter the saloon. They're totally paying to the male fantasy of effortless pick ups. Real pick ups aren't effortless, nor are they particularly text book.
- Be a zen master in terms of inner game, and you can open a mixed set a porn star girlfriend of some MMA fighter. Lemme sell you a hypnosis product and get you to think about your reptillian brain, and transcend consciousness or some crap.
- Reformed Betas now turning to "natural direct game". As if that wasn't default method for most men anyway. "you need to expand your social circle...." Why not make more money, dress better, and work out as well? Same advice Cosmo would give you. Basically fit more into her paradigm of the guy she wants.
Lotta commercial pick up guys are cleaning up some of the community mantra, cause it's not politically correct, and in a lot of cases misogynist. This helps them get 4 minute interludes on 20/20 and the like.
But an honest understanding of what women are really like is VITAL to picking women up.
Ex. My boy was @ a sports bar. he started chatting with a chick. Chick offer her #. He says see me here next week. She says yeah......but he doesn't call chick until the day before the meet.
Typical bitter dude (AFC) would think that he had a solid #, or that the chick is just a bitch.
If you're dealing with women, especially young hot ones, you know
- #'s don't mean much
- a lot of future "plans" aren't really plans you can count on. It's basically a start for negotiation.
I won't even speak on the new inclusion of non-lesbian female instructors and gurus.
There are good pick up guys out there
- Roosh - game stripped down to the essence
- Gunwitch - see Roosh
- Paul Janka - NYC dude that has a lot to say about day game/public transit game
- Gambler - A Brit that's good with street game/amogging
- Will H (strippers)
- Franco (and mASF generally)
- Brad P (fashion, how clubs actually work)
- Those guys that came out of Mystery Method/Love Systems (as complicated as their system is) (Sinn, Cajun, et cetera)
But a lot of these other guys aren't adding much to the program, cause they don't really get the systems they try to trash - and no one is thinking of a universal pick up concept.
A lot of good pick up is body language (dancing, the walk up, standing et cetera) and learning how to detect how she reacts to you (micro facial expressions).
Sorry for the book, but I really hate those pick up pod cast guys. And I really don't like the noise coming into the community basically reverting people to the Hollywood advice on bagging chicks.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2008 05:33 PM by broken.)