Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Lessons learned from past relationships
lunchmoney Offline
Woodpecker

Lessons learned from past relationships
Over the weekend, I broke things off with a girl I was dating (see my thread on the foodie girl if you like), and reflecting this week I learned a few things about myself. First, I absolutely ignored a few red flags that were present as early as 2-3 weeks after meeting her. Second, I did not vet her social circle/family close enough. As time wore on, I realized the people she was closest too did not have the same values/belief system I did.

What was the lesson(s) you learned from your last relationship?
04-29-2020 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
LoveBug Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Lessons learned from past relationships
The early red flags are key.

If they are there then, they will be magnified later. And they don’t go away.

If the relationship is meant to be, you guys will just be in sync. There won’t be any red flags
04-29-2020 03:20 PM
Emperor Constantine Offline
Robin

Some things I learned from my last relationship:
- If a girl won't come to church with you when you just start dating, she probably never will.
- "I do whatever my parents tell me to" is just as much of a red flag in an adult woman as "I have no relationship with my parents."
- Be wary of dating outside your social class.

Datasheet: Financial Habits for Single Guys: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-74481.html
04-30-2020 03:46 PM
lunchmoney Offline
Woodpecker

Great lessons in here. Curious to hear more about dating outside your social class.
04-30-2020 05:27 PM
Mikeyd03 Offline
Sparrow

-Never pedestalize the woman you are seeing. When you are constantly doing favors, buying gifts/meals she will grow to believe that she is truly above you. This killed attraction from a woman I once dated.

-Don't lose sight of your own goals/aspirations. It is easy to fall into infatuation for some guys.....so much so that you lose track of the other important aspects of your life (health, family, job, etc)

-Always be qualifying. The longer you are with someone the more they reveal their true self to you. If you keep that rational mind turned on it is easy to spot red flags and possibly save you years of heartache or marriage to the wrong person....both of which can have lasting negative consequences.

On a side note....don't enter a relationship with women on dating apps like tinder or bumble. I truly believe this is a disqualifier and that these apps attracts a certain type of woman (not the kind to be in a relationship with).

Good luck guys
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 07:12 PM by Mikeyd03.)
04-30-2020 07:12 PM
Rob Banks Offline
Kingfisher

Don't do anything sexual unless you're married and trying to get your wife pregnant (i.e. follow Biblical sexual morality).

That is not something I learned from a specific relationship, but rather from life in general.

And yes, it is way easier said than done.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020 01:48 AM by Rob Banks.)
05-01-2020 01:47 AM