Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Bachelor taxes
squiggly Offline
Pigeon

Bachelor taxes
What do historical bachelor taxes tell us about the purpose of marriage and the desirability of it for men?
04-29-2020 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
STG Offline
Sparrow

RE: Bachelor taxes
When exactly are you referring to?

Bachelor taxes occurred during the decline of Rome, when feminism started to cause the collapse.

A man and a woman together creating a family is the most natural thing in human life. The problem comes with liberalism, Marxism, and all the other unnatural man-made ideas that go against nature.
04-30-2020 01:35 PM
squiggly Offline
Pigeon

Well not quite:

"In 1921, the state of Montana applied a $3 tax on all bachelors in the state."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_tax

> The problem comes with liberalism, Marxism, and all the other unnatural man-made ideas that go against nature.

The problem with that is bachelors taxes were in places well before Marxism and the post-WW2 liberal disease. Why did men need to be forced into marriage even then?
04-30-2020 03:56 PM
whitewashedblackguy Offline
Woodpecker

I believe it’s because if given the option to sleep around or get married, men would rather the former. But marriage is better for society I’m general. Hence the bachelor tax.

After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
04-30-2020 05:20 PM
squiggly Offline
Pigeon

So you seem to be suggesting marriage is a kind of sacrifice men make for society, a social responsibility if you will. Hence the tax to punish those who irk their responsibilities.

As a tangential question, in a post-feminist world, should men have any sense of social responsibility at all, particularly around marrying women to provide for them to have children (both in terms of impregnation as well as financial support)?

I ask because I grew up in a world where women and girls were told they could "do anything, including not having children if she so desired!", but I have never heard anything similar said to men and boys. And I sense a degree of hostility towards MGTOW for example, which seems strange because aren't they just exercising that same freedom we encourage girls to aspire to?
04-30-2020 05:40 PM
whitewashedblackguy Offline
Woodpecker

Quote:As a tangential question, in a post-feminist world, should men have any sense of social responsibility at all, particularly around marrying women to provide for them to have children (both in terms of impregnation as well as financial support)?

Not in the U.S. We should have kids in a country that doesn’t think we’re disposable. The USA doesn’t deserve our kids talents or tax dollars (which means renouncing your citizenship...). You should find a country that treats you (men) better and have kids there.

Quote:I ask because I grew up in a world where women and girls were told they could "do anything, including not having children if she so desired!", but I have never heard anything similar said to men and boys. And I sense a degree of hostility towards MGTOW for example, which seems strange because aren't they just exercising that same freedom we encourage girls to aspire to?

While going MGTOW is usually coming from a place of scarcity instead of abundance (Neckbeard vs Roosh), you can’t really blame them. They see women’s hypocrisies and the governments support of them and call them out on it, and normies don’t like that. But normies have been programmed to dislike a lot of things. It’s kinda not their fault, but still: fuck ‘em.

After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 07:49 PM by whitewashedblackguy.)
04-30-2020 07:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes whitewashedblackguy's post:
kel