Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Opinions on Jeff Berwick (The Dollar Vigilante)
Bury Zenek Offline
Kingfisher

Opinions on Jeff Berwick (The Dollar Vigilante)
I never knew about Jeff before, I see he has a ton of woke videos, watched some of those and the guy is on point on so many aspects. Have some of you followed him for a longer time and can share your opinion on the guy? He seems sincere.

[MEDIA=youtube]kfYfGwkX_hY[/MEDIA]

George Carlin - You are all diseased! (1999)
05-03-2020 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
joost Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Opinions on Jeff Berwick (The Dollar Vigilante)
Guy created a company and due to luck, received millions from the sale. Invested in a bunch of endeavors (including Bitcoin) and now is just another guy selling information (how to become rich).

I used to like the guy but realized he's just another case of survival bias.
05-03-2020 04:56 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like joost's post:
Bury Zenek, redbeard, Sankt Michael, Paracelsus
username Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I like his coronavirus videos and been watching them daily. However when he talking about the bible or Christianity it doesn't feel completely authentic.

His past is also troubling. I don't know all the details but there are accusations he was selling passports for several countries and then failing to deliver.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020 09:55 PM by username.)
05-03-2020 09:55 PM
Garuda Offline
Woodpecker

This guy is still around? I thought he fled to Mars after the Galt's Gulch disaster.

Six years ago, Berwick teamed with two guys named John Cobin and Ken Johnson and some Chileans to build a libertarian paradise in Chile. People bought small plots from them expecting a futuristic self contained community. Instead they found out that the water rights were never purchased, the land was never rezoned for small residential plots and some needed environmental permits were never completed. I'm not even sure that a single house was ever constructed. It quickly devolved into everyone accusing each other of being a fraud and lawsuits were thrown about.

Then there was his TDV Passports business. Basically, people were told that if they forked over thousands of dollars, they could get an extradited passport to a Latin American country of their choice or whatever. This scam was revealed when his Paraguayan agent was found running a fake passport workshop in her basement. I really don't know much more about his escapades more than that.
05-04-2020 12:23 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Garuda's post:
gework, Sankt Michael, Paracelsus, TooFineAPoint, Davidovich, 911
TooFineAPoint Offline
Pelican

Listen to his viewpoints for an alternative perspective. His general anti-state outlook is helpful.

Don't do business with him.
05-04-2020 05:45 AM
911 Offline
Crow

The guy's pitch seems OK enough, but there are more serious pundits out there like James Corbett or Whitney Webb, who are pretty thorough and beyond reproach.

λ ό γ ο ς
05-04-2020 08:03 AM