Roosh V Forum
How did you choose your username - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: How did you choose your username (/thread-13332.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How did you choose your username - alphaspiraton - 06-01-2012 08:10 AM

Hey guys, this is a just-for-kicks thread and has nothing to do with game. I was wondering how everyone chose their username and whether there is any meaning behind your username. Some in particular I'm curious about:

El Mechanico- I remember in a very old thread you or someone else mentioned that you were a mechanic, is that true?

Tuthmosis- King Tut I assume? And where does the love for mummies come from. Your display picts are always mummy-related. Did you major in archaeology Tongue

Roosh- Is this your real name or just the name you use for your books/forum?

In my case, I tried to combine "alpha" and "aspiration" together but made a typo and forgot the "i" in aspiration. 

Feel free to share your own. 

RE: How did you choose your username - WanderingSoul - 06-01-2012 08:13 AM

I want to go to Rio De Janeiro because I train Jiu Jitsu, and I want to be a financially independent nomad. I'm semi there but not financially independent enough to go to Rio, so Bangkok it is!

RE: How did you choose your username - el mechanico - 06-01-2012 08:23 AM

Found the forum drunk and thought it was about Colombian women. I thought I could go there and bring girls back to help me at my house. We all know American girls are not good for this. So I went with a spanish themed handle. I couldn't find the forum again after the first time I kept thinking it was called Boosh and had to search around for a while.

RE: How did you choose your username - teh_skeeze - 06-01-2012 08:44 AM

teh_skeeze

I'm as dirty as my name sounds.

RE: How did you choose your username - Nonpareil - 06-01-2012 08:48 AM

Nonpareil is a French word that means 'without equal'.

RE: How did you choose your username - UrbanNerd - 06-01-2012 08:58 AM

The "urban" is for me liking to be in or near cities and urban culture.

The "nerd" relates more to my academic degrees: applied mathematics/computer science (undergrad)....engineering (grad school)

RE: How did you choose your username - goodfella - 06-01-2012 08:59 AM

goodfella, came from the movie Goodfellas. The guys in that movie had a don't give a shit attitude thats serves as a good model sometimes. The Copa scene w/ Henry Hill is pure baller. Also even tough im 1/2 Italian it has nothing with being any kind of guido.

RE: How did you choose your username - Excelsior - 06-01-2012 09:18 AM

I have multiple middle names-you see two of them. They've been in the family for a while.

RE: How did you choose your username - HeyPete - 06-01-2012 09:21 AM

My uncle, cousin and I have the same name. My uncle started calling me Pete, because it isn't our name.

RE: How did you choose your username - alphaspiraton - 06-01-2012 09:25 AM

(06-01-2012 08:23 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  Found the forum drunk and thought it was about Colombian women. I thought I could go there and bring girls back to help me at my house. We all know American girls are not good for this. So I went with a spanish themed handle. I couldn't find the forum again after the first time I kept thinking it was called Boosh and had to search around for a while.
Ha I knew there was some deep story behind it.

RE: How did you choose your username - Praetor - 06-01-2012 09:34 AM

Praetor because the Roman Empire was legion, Shakespeare's Julius Caesar was incredible and Spartacus was a baddass show.

RE: How did you choose your username - el mechanico - 06-01-2012 09:35 AM

(06-01-2012 09:25 AM)alphaspiraton Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 08:23 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  Found the forum drunk and thought it was about Colombian women. I thought I could go there and bring girls back to help me at my house. We all know American girls are not good for this. So I went with a spanish themed handle. I couldn't find the forum again after the first time I kept thinking it was called Boosh and had to search around for a while.
Who's in your avatar? Regis?

RE: How did you choose your username - at350zguyy - 06-01-2012 09:47 AM

the at part in my handle are my initials.

350z was my old car.

RE: How did you choose your username - alphaspiraton - 06-01-2012 10:05 AM

(06-01-2012 09:35 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 09:25 AM)alphaspiraton Wrote:  
Who's in your avatar? Regis?

Gordon Gekko. Fictional character in the movie 'Wall Street.'

RE: How did you choose your username - Kickb - 06-01-2012 10:30 AM

I had just watched one of the Kickboxer movies and it was the only thing I could think of.

RE: How did you choose your username - Roosh - 06-01-2012 10:32 AM

In high school one of my friends started calling me Roosh. Soon all my friends started calling me that.

RE: How did you choose your username - R Smoov - 06-01-2012 10:49 AM

Some dude who talked to me while we were on a train.

RE: How did you choose your username - BoiBoi - 06-01-2012 10:50 AM

I was listening to some rap song and they were saying boiboi something in the beginning. Very creative...

RE: How did you choose your username - Timoteo - 06-01-2012 11:04 AM

Timoteo is Timothy in Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. All the cute Puerto Rican girls called me by that in school, and I always liked it...

RE: How did you choose your username - Tuthmosis - 06-01-2012 11:11 AM

This is actual footage of how I got my name:

RE: How did you choose your username - Tuthmosis - 06-01-2012 11:54 AM

I studied the ancient world in college, including Egypt, but also Greece and Rome ("the Classical civilizations"). Hence, my occasional references to and jokes about ancient figures and events. Several pharaohs of eighteenth-dynasty Egypt were named Tuthmosis. Tuthmosis III, the most famous among them, was a major ass-kicker and conqueror.

RE: How did you choose your username - Luvianka - 06-01-2012 12:08 PM

Luvianka is the name of the building of the former KGB headquarters in Moscow. I am a junkie of Russian and Soviet History since I read the book 'The Campaign of 1812 in Russia' after reading the book 'On War' both of them written by Carl von Clausewitz: http://goo.gl/z6XSt

RE: How did you choose your username - NuMbEr7 - 06-01-2012 12:14 PM

edit

RE: How did you choose your username - speakeasy - 06-01-2012 12:27 PM

I have no fucking idea.

RE: How did you choose your username - Captain Ahab - 06-01-2012 12:28 PM

I majored in English. My favorite character in literature is a mad man found in Moby Dick, hence the name.