Roosh V Forum
[Style] Let's talk shoes - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: [Style] Let's talk shoes (/thread-26488.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Let's talk shoes - Professor Fox - 01-22-2014 08:40 PM

Speaking of shoes, here's a story from best of cl that I'm sure many of you will find humorous. I was reminded by it because everyone here is talking shoe shopping.

Quote:I went shopping for Fuck Me heels

Mind you, they were for my lover, friend, and confidant, all rolled into one gorgeous, feisty pixie of a woman who told me she could use a boost while standing at the dais, delivering an address to a full house. So, to all the amorous CL perverts out there, please refrain from emailing me with graphic descriptions of how you want to fuck me while I wear them, OK? Sheesh.

I was alone this Fourth of July, so I hopped on my bicycle and hit the Stanford Shopping Center, figuring there must be a special Fuck Me heels department in Needless Markup, or one of those other upscale dumps for people with more money than brains (that excludes me of course, as it’s patently obvious I have neither).

I hit the top of the escalator at NM and was met by a guy carefully eyeing whether I was NM material or not. Either that or he had ideas about how he’d dress me, because it appeared he was undressing me, until he addressed me, that is.

Granted, a guy wearing river sandals, ripped shorts and a t-shirt from a 1970 Grateful Dead concert doesn’t exactly look like the NM type, but when Grover T Salesman asked me if he could help me in a way that made the word help sound like it had at least 3 or 4 syllables, as in “May I he…ell…..lll....pppp you?”, I quickly went on the offensive.

“Sure, where are the auto parts?” I asked.

“Sir, we don’t carry auto parts”, Grover responded, again with way too many syllables for his own good.

“OK then, skip the auto parts. Where do you keep the Fuck Me heels?”

“Excuuuuuuse me? This is NM and we do not carry thooossse sorts of things here.”

“What? Is there something wrong with Fuck Me heels? I mean, hey, I’m a red-blooded male, and when I see a woman with well defined calves and great legs wearing Fuck Me heels I just want to drop to my knees, start at the bottom and work my way up. You get my drift, Grover?”

“Sir, I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave the store, the other customers are clearly uncomfortable with your rather lewd and crass behavior.”

“She’s not”, I said, nodding towards the very pretty woman browsing the apparel department, who was clearly grinning ear to ear and chortling.

“SIR!”

“OK. OK, I’m leaving. So Grover, is there a place in the mall that you could recommend for Fuck Me heels? Surely you must wear a pair every now and then if you work in a place like this. They must fuck you over pretty good here.”

“OUT!”

Down the escalator I went, with the chuckling woman not far behind me. She called to me once I was outside, and offered to help me find the perfect heels. While we walked across to Nerdsturds she quizzed me on my tastes, and my motives. By coincidence, she also had size 6-1/2 feet, the exact same size as my delightfully delicious lover.

Things went a little smoother at Nerds. My new best friend from NM modeled every pair I asked to see. She offered advice, and her opinions. I settled on a very sexy red pair, and as we walked out of the store she asked me what I was going to do with my friend after I presented them to her.

As I walked her back to her car I told her honestly, and in great detail, of every move, every touch, and every place my lips would visit. “Lucky girl”, she said, laughing and smiling.

“Yes, and lucky me. Thanks!” I said as she drove away.

I love it when a plan comes together, don’t you?

RE: Let's talk shoes - Laner - 01-22-2014 08:51 PM

When it comes to high end shoes, personality is the real only make or break for good vs. bad.

Some guys like English shoes, heavier, thicker, more "stability" etc.

Some guys like Italian. Softer, lighter, sleeker profiles, etc.

If I want to feel like a boss, I put on my Churchs. Stomp the fuck out of any stone surface, let alone a shitty wood floor.

If I want to float, Ferragamo. Glide along the marble, dance all night, shoes smells like a Piedmont Princess at the end of the night.

All these shoes mentioned are well made. Don't be kidding yourselves.

And.
Gucci leather is made from the inside of Japanese girls vagina.

RE: Let's talk shoes - samsamsam - 01-22-2014 09:05 PM

Laner, I will agree for some reason Ferragamos feel nice and tight in a good way. They measure a little small so I always size up a little.

Churchs +1. I got some off fleabay and they are old when quality was still really high. when they get shined up they impress.

I have been pining for Lobb, Vass or Edward Green lately. But it makes absolutely no sense to buy them. I would get to wear them 5 times a year tops. And I would avoid taking them to places where they would get stomped on like a club.

[Image: john-lobb-black-city-ii-leather-oxford-s..._flex.jpeg]

[Image: tumblr_m3a79wb6w21qb5a3zo1_500.jpg]

[Image: eg_chelsea_888_black_1.jpg]

RE: Let's talk shoes - Ubietza - 01-24-2014 06:21 AM

[Image: $_57.JPG]

I just got my Mauri alligator monk-straps and was really impressed with the quality and look. What do you guys think of these Mauri loafers made out of alligator? What would go with them? Outrageous as hell, I think, but something draws me to them.

RE: Let's talk shoes - Ubietza - 01-24-2014 06:26 AM

[Image: $_3.JPG]

I think these Caporicci plum alligator loafers look pimp as fuck, too. Dunno if I'd be able to pull them off, but I was thinking of getting a purple Boateng suit with some outrageous loafers like these Caporiccis and see what happens... lol I'm a tall, big fucker, so wondering how I'd look.

RE: Let's talk shoes - mbare - 01-24-2014 06:45 AM

(01-24-2014 06:21 AM)Ubietza Wrote:  [Image: $_57.JPG]

I just got my Mauri alligator monk-straps and was really impressed with the quality and look. What do you guys think of these Mauri loafers made out of alligator? What would go with them? Outrageous as hell, I think, but something draws me to them.

Seriously? Lol!

RE: Let's talk shoes - Rotisserie - 01-24-2014 06:49 AM

I get a lot of compliments on my Sorel Mad Boot Laces, on sale now for $95:

[Image: Screen-shot-2011-08-04-at-11.44.55.png]

RE: Let's talk shoes - Ubietza - 01-24-2014 07:44 AM

Well, yes, I was being serious actually, mbare. Your reaction is 100% okay. I know there must be some pea-cocking types here that wear outrageous bracelets, suits, shoes, boots, and the like that could chime-in.

RE: Let's talk shoes - Vicious - 01-24-2014 08:38 AM

I don't mind alligator shoes or those that stick out. But mixing alligator with some big cat pattern? I don't see the appeal beyond peacocking.

RE: Let's talk shoes - WanderingSoul - 01-24-2014 08:50 AM

People here mostly prefer to peacock by dressing well. No zebra print boots for the most part.

RE: Let's talk shoes - rudebwoy - 01-25-2014 12:09 PM

This thread was doing well until the pictures of Mauri shoes were posted.

They hurt my senses, not a bad look if you are going for the pimp or Colombian drug lord look.

RE: Let's talk shoes - Ubietza - 01-25-2014 01:20 PM

rudebwoy, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. The first pair I posted are in my possession: $1200 pair of shoes. I like them, but since I want to push the envelope more inquired what you guys thought of the tan/animal print alligator loafers. Those are $1500 shoes. Colombian drug lords and pimps generally know how to dress well, though, we must admit.

RE: Let's talk shoes - samsamsam - 01-25-2014 01:29 PM

(01-25-2014 01:20 PM)Ubietza Wrote:  rudebwoy, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. The first pair I posted are in my possession: $1200 pair of shoes. I like them, but since I want to push the envelope more inquired what you guys thought of the tan/animal print alligator loafers. Those are $1500 shoes. Colombian drug lords and pimps generally know how to dress well, though, we must admit.

Do they come with bodyguards or guns? Respectfully, it takes a certain person to wear them and I don't think I could.

I like to strike the balance of clearly well dressed, but understated. That does not mean a person who wears those shoes cannot also be well dressed, but the understated part might not apply.

RE: Let's talk shoes - CaliforniaSupreme - 01-25-2014 01:32 PM

(01-25-2014 01:20 PM)Ubietza Wrote:  rudebwoy, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. The first pair I posted are in my possession: $1200 pair of shoes. I like them, but since I want to push the envelope more inquired what you guys thought of the tan/animal print alligator loafers. Those are $1500 shoes. Colombian drug lords and pimps generally know how to dress well, though, we must admit.

Wear a zoot suit while you're at it.

RE: Let's talk shoes - rudebwoy - 01-25-2014 02:25 PM

With shoes like that you need matching clothes, car and lifestyle to pull it off. I would imagine a bad guy from Miami Vice would sport them.
Yes Pimps do dress well.
The plum gator shoes are nice, not feeling the colour.
For $1500 I could get three pairs of my favourite shoes. Jeffery West.

RE: Let's talk shoes - Ubietza - 01-25-2014 05:20 PM

I'll stick with Brioni/Canali/Etro, C.S.

RE: Let's talk shoes - Ubietza - 01-25-2014 05:24 PM

rudebwoy, I really like Jeffrey West's shoes, but I wear a size 15. Stellar shoes/boots from what I saw. Mark Nason had similar designs. I've gotten three pairs of Nasons recently off of eBay.

RE: Let's talk shoes - Saladin - 01-25-2014 05:32 PM

I like the Plum alligator loafers.

What do you guys think about these-

http://www.daedfyshe.com/products/marlin-marine

and these

http://www.daedfyshe.com/collections/sale/products/sebastian-ivory

RE: Let's talk shoes - Messer - 01-26-2014 11:39 AM

This is what I sport at the moment. I have been working on my wardrobe for a quite some time trying different styles and brands and I think those below cover all my needs. I'm more of traditional and minimalistic style guy.
Autumn/winter:
mid-brown chukka boots
[Image: cheaney-boughton-chukka-boots-dark-leaf.jpg]
dark brown suede chelsea boots
[Image: paul-smith-brown-suede-ankle-boot-produc..._flex.jpeg]
black jodhpur shoes
[Image: ESQ-ralph-lauren-jodhpur-boots-2012.jpg]
heavy duty Timberland boots
[Image: gqmilansept25.jpg]
Spring/summer:
tan brogues
[Image: grenson-stanley-brogue-shoe-tan-calf-486...472000.jpg]
burgundy double monk
[Image: Brown-John-Lobb-Double-Monk-Strap-in-Bla...-Suede.jpg]
black oxfords
[Image: gg-oxford_gg06.jpg]
black sneakers
[Image: 1000x1000.jpg]
sneakers
[Image: itsuka-Tiger-Ultimate-81-Yellow-Silver-P...02_LRG.jpg]

I may add dark brown suede or grey suede shoes to my s/s rotation but I can't see anything interesting at the moment...

RE: Let's talk shoes - rudebwoy - 01-26-2014 01:21 PM

@ Messer - some nice dress shoes you posted.

Who makes them? (Chukka boot and the tan Brogue)

RE: Let's talk shoes - Messer - 01-26-2014 01:47 PM

Thanks! Chukka boots are from Cheaney and Brogues are from Grenson.

If you are on the budget I'd recommend two European brands for cheap but decent quality shoes: Bexley and Gordon&Bros. I had a few pairs from Bexley and I think they have the best quality/price ratio.

RE: Let's talk shoes - rudebwoy - 01-26-2014 08:50 PM

Ah yes, Cheaney is great stuff. Grenson are well expensive, have you had a pair before?

Thanks for the tip.

I have a brogue that is similar, they are from Aldo's high end line Mr B's. Otherwise I don't normally buy Aldo shoes.

RE: Let's talk shoes - Professor Fox - 01-27-2014 08:10 PM

[Image: aac703eef9b8b3f6875102f740abbdc2fd7085ae.jpg]

I tried on the Neumoks this weekend, they run a size above my Nike runners. Once I went one full size down they fitted like gloves, really quite amazing and not like what I was expecting at all. They definitely don't photograph well, you really have to be in person and see them on yourself.

[Image: photo.jpg]

Also tried on the lighter brown version, the girl I was with vehemently rejected them and said they don't work well with my skin tone/wardrobe at all. I was planning on going with the navy anyway so it didn't change anything, but next time I may look to pick up the reddish brown version show in the first pic above. Or I could look at their Voyager walking shoes, looks comfy:

[Image: allenedmonds_shoes_voyager_navy_l.jpg]

[Image: allenedmonds_shoes_voyager_black_l.jpg]

RE: Let's talk shoes - mbare - 01-30-2014 08:59 PM

(01-24-2014 07:44 AM)Ubietza Wrote:  Well, yes, I was being serious actually, mbare. Your reaction is 100% okay. I know there must be some pea-cocking types here that wear outrageous bracelets, suits, shoes, boots, and the like that could chime-in.

Just had a chance to catch up with this thread.

I was just busting chops a bit. If you like them, then there's no amount of convincing on my part to change that. While I have an appreciation for nice and sometimes expensive things, especially Italian design, that style is just not for me. Dressing well with clothes that fit is my version of style that stands out.

I think you need the right personality for them, and other things that go along with that swag. Personally I think peacocking, in that way, is past its prime. Those types of shoes are one step away from a fur coat. I call it "goofing" up your game. Sure it'll get a few comments and inquiring girls, and may strike a cord with a SPECIFIC type of girl, but I believe most will stare and laugh inside. Just my thoughts and observations. If anyone has any "on the ground" evidence that peacocking got attention that translated into a bang, then let me know.

Regarding expensive shoes or anything for that matter, I can't see paying 1500 dollars for shoes. Unless it has Gucci symbols on it or something to that affect, the average girl wouldn't look at a pair of shoes (like yours) and think 1500 dollar shoes.

Although this is a shoe thread, I'll make an analogy with a suit photo. While a bit exaggerated, the photo of the suit on the left may be expensive, but who would know it..looks terrible. While the fitted suit, is perhaps some off-the-rack special that he had tailored.

Point being, you don't need 2000 dollar suit, or 1500 dollars shoes to stand out. Even with all that cash, you can end up looking like a clown. Women notice sharp dressed guys, especially in the States, where the average guy looks like slop. Except most on this forum Big Grin

RE: Let's talk shoes - rudebwoy - 01-30-2014 09:44 PM

http://jeffery-west.co.uk/jefferywest/product.asp?item=brilleaux-monk-strap-29-1062

Thoughts gents?

I should learn how to post pics.