Roosh V Forum
The Russia Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Russia Thread (/thread-35879.html)

RE: The Russia Thread - Going strong - 04-30-2016 09:35 AM

(04-25-2016 01:55 PM)Vinny Wrote:  
(04-25-2016 01:20 PM)Rocha Wrote:  
(04-24-2016 04:14 PM)Vinny Wrote:  
(04-24-2016 10:34 AM)Rocha Wrote:  
(04-23-2016 05:16 PM)Vinny Wrote:  Funny that in Last page of Russian thread most discussed places are Thailand and Cyprus.
BTW had anyone been to Russian Crimea? Or Ukrainian Crimea before? Any differences? Is it worth it? It is high on my list because as of now it is warmest part of Russia, but I have heard it is expensive.

Tricky question, would you consider Crimean Flag Russian flag or Ukrainian?

I have been to Crimea, while it was Ukraine, a week spent mainky in Yalta, but also visited Simferopol. Beautiful place, possibly the worst to game in all FSU. I would say 90% of the chicks are with boyfriends,
sponsors or in family vacations, the other 10% are in there searching for suckers to sponsor a little bit of their vacations, commonly I ran over to the same girls in any given different night with different male company...I was their company in other previous night, so it was negatively amazing to see this phenomenom.

Simferopol had potential, it is on the interior side of the Peninsula, so not a touristic spot, but did not stayed longer to figure it out, I just wanted to get out of Crimea really fast.

Go there to see the nature or for cultural/historical reaons. No point in taking girls there because it is expensive, and you can find cheaper places also in the black sea, or even in W. Europe. Service is the worst I have seen anywhere I have been, and I think service in Ukraine is not bad at all, opposite to many here.

Thanks for info Rocha. Crimea just went 5 positions down in my "to visit" list.

I would have done things differently if it was today. Instead of spending the majority of the time in Yalta, I would have rented a car and explore the maximum of places I could in there one day in each, trying zero date or maximum first date bang and then move on to other place. Maybe this could have worked out for better results.

Car rent in Russia is expensive. More expensive, than in western Europe and US. Comparing to Spain 3 times more expensive.

What you say is true, about high prices of rental cars. But, once you do have a car, a little bit of money, and speak quite good Russian, you'd be the king of the world during some glorious Summer in Crimea... just saying... But you need the 3 golden keys to Crimea: a car, some money (not tons of it), good Russian language (plus some game of course). Also, don't go to the few and expensive hotels, of course, rent from the locals.

RE: The Russia Thread - RandomGuy1 - 04-30-2016 03:55 PM

I recently met a new russian girl here at my uni and the way she speaks to me is really diligent. You can really feel how deep there soul and how far-reaching their character traits are. Before she answers she always takes her time and thinks about what she is going to tell me and this fact makes the conversations always enthralling so to speak. If I compare this with the average UK or Aussie exchange student I can just shake my head. Man...

It has been said multiple times, when you want to 'game' a russian girl you have to completly forget all this nonsense you have to apply in the west.

I once was interested in a russian girl who lifes near me and I invited her multiple times to go for a walk. Rule number one - russian girls lile doing this, and it was easy to set this up. I had no intentions in banging her I just wanted to speak in russian and exchange information about uni and work. I don't know exactly but I think we went on three walks and than she writes me out of the blue that we have to meet to discuss something. Yeah okay I thought. Then we met and she asked me 'What do you think about me as your girlfriend?' & 'Why don't you ask me to go on a date with you?'. Hah!

She could just not understand why I just wanted to hang out with here with no intentions of banging or 'wifing her up'. Frankly, up to this day I don't know a proper answer. After that she didn't ghosted but I could smell that her radar was calibrated to a different frequence (read: go to next potential man).

Funny, the other day I met her and of course she has a new boyfriend. They know each other only a couple of months but she already moved into his flat. You really see how she is going through her agenda, wifing up, popping kids, etc. The whole program. It goes really quick and I would not be suprised if she is pregnant at the end of this year.

They are really professional in this regard, they make it really comfortable for you so that you think you have full control about everything but in the background runs her agenda up to 99% all the time. However, if you are a 'seasoned player' you must pay attention infernally otherwise you are captuared in her ropes. But I think this is the price you have to pay for the amenities you get in exchange.

I really envy all the guys who can live in Kiev and Moscow and St. Petersburg from the west. I also want to discover how live is over there and how it feels like to play on that playground.

I thought long about the fact of why I want to go there and came to the conclusion that it might just fit more to my personality. I don't need to be 'cocky and funny' and 'entertaining'. You can be just yourself with your own plans and ambitions and thats it. If only the economy would not be that bad.

However, happy weekend guys!

RE: The Russia Thread - Jpizz - 05-01-2016 02:51 PM

I'm heading to Russia for the first time in June and am looking to book lodging. Usually when I travel I rent airbnb, but hotels seem like way better value right now (at least in Moscow). Does anyone have an opinion whether women in Russia are more likely to go to your place if you're staying at an apartment vs. hotel? In some parts of the world I've noticed there's a stigma attached and others it doesn't seem to matter. Any advice would be much appreciated, and if anyone wants to meet up in Moscow or SPB, first drink's on me! Thanks

RE: The Russia Thread - TripleG - 05-01-2016 04:11 PM

(05-01-2016 02:51 PM)Jpizz Wrote:  I'm heading to Russia for the first time in June and am looking to book lodging. Usually when I travel I rent airbnb, but hotels seem like way better value right now (at least in Moscow). Does anyone have an opinion whether women in Russia are more likely to go to your place if you're staying at an apartment vs. hotel? In some parts of the world I've noticed there's a stigma attached and others it doesn't seem to matter. Any advice would be much appreciated, and if anyone wants to meet up in Moscow or SPB, first drink's on me! Thanks

Airbnb should be your preferred option, then "business apartments", and last a hotel. There is a stigma with some girls in going back to a hotel because of the hassle of registration (perhaps you can bribe the front desk attendant and let you sneak guests in but i haven't tried). Also, there will always be some girls who will jump at the chance to check out an expensive hotel with a great view but are you willing to spend $200+/night for such a hotel?
My recommendation is to stay in a business apartment, that way you get to stay in a normal house but still get the benefits of a hotel room such as cleaning service and a concierge on call. Here's something similar to what I got last year:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298484-d2015514-Reviews-Moscow_Suites_Serviced_Apartments-Moscow_Central_Russia.html

RE: The Russia Thread - WashedUPVet - 05-02-2016 04:13 PM

Thought I would give you guys an update as a lot has happened to me in the past month here in Moscow. I was given a strong walkup call early on a Saturday morning at the Crazy Daisy bar. I recommend that no one go there. I went out alone as I often do and I'm rarely concerned for my safety. This past year I have drank and walked the streets very late at night in cities such as St. Petersburg, Kiev, Chisinau, Novosibirsk and Barcelona. I'm 250/115 and not a soft target. I was enjoying myself and talking to girls when a bouncer came up to me and pointed to the door. With limited Russian, I just went with it and didn't understand why he was asking me to leave, but I got my coat and left the bar.

I got about 3 steps from the front door when I was brutally attacked without warning. All the blows were directly to my face. The attack was initiated with a stomp on the foot before two men were hitting me. Bloody and semi conscious I went to the fetal position on the pavement. Rain water flowed over me as I curled my body in the gutter. After the beating stopped, I ran to a taxi and jumped in. Davai!!! One man ran after me and began choking me from the back of the taxi. I flung the door open and ran. He tackled me. I could barley see as my face was swollen over my eyes. He put me in another taxi and drove me to a bankomat. I entered bad pin codes and claimed my card wasn't working. SERE. Survive, evade, resist, escape. I was buying time to think. In the distance was a large 8 foot high wright iron fence with spikes. I saw freedom. My captor put me back in the car. I closed the door and he got in. I immediately jumped out and ran for the fence. In some supercharged adrenaline boost I jumped like Mario on super mushrooms over the fence.

I ran for 20 minutes and never looked back. I leaned up against a building and called an uber, who returned me to my room where I laid bleeding until my LTR got me to a doctor. I needed stitches, but didn't get them because I had infections from the dirt in my wounds. I have spent the last two weeks recovering and I went running for the first time today. My face has completely healed and the deep laceration on my foot is closed. The doctor told me that this is common at this place and he has seen this before. I was likely targeted because I was a foreigner.

I'm not sure what the learning point is here, for myself or for you the member/lurker. Don't go out and drink? Don't go without a wing? Don't be a foreigner? I'm not sure what I could have done differently. I think its only a matter of time before you encounter an issue in Eastern Europe. If you roll the dice enough, at some point you get snake eyes.

RE: The Russia Thread - John Michael Kane - 05-02-2016 04:19 PM

Horrible story WashedUp. Hope you are healing well.

My advice to everyone:

+ Learn to be situationally aware, look out for trouble. I have a concealed carry permit. If you can't get a gun, try for a knife, club or pepper spray. Always carry something if possible.
+ Avoid risk factors (You were alone, you were out late, you were at a place serving alcohol)
+ If you don't completely avoid risk factors, minimize them: (Going out to drink? Bring buddies. Go home earlier. Call a cab/Uber before leaving the club, wait inside the bar next time, show the bouncer you've called someone.)

RE: The Russia Thread - Vinny - 05-02-2016 04:37 PM

(05-02-2016 04:13 PM)WashedUPVet Wrote:  Thought I would give you guys an update as a lot has happened to me in the past month here in Moscow. I was given a strong walkup call early on a Saturday morning at the Crazy Daisy bar. I recommend that no one go there. I went out alone as I often do and I'm rarely concerned for my safety. This past year I have drank and walked the streets very late at night in cities such as St. Petersburg, Kiev, Chisinau, Novosibirsk and Barcelona. I'm 250/115 and not a soft target. I was enjoying myself and talking to girls when a bouncer came up to me and pointed to the door. With limited Russian, I just went with it and didn't understand why he was asking me to leave, but I got my coat and left the bar.

I got about 3 steps from the front door when I was brutally attacked without warning. All the blows were directly to my face. The attack was initiated with a stomp on the foot before two men were hitting me. Bloody and semi conscious I went to the fetal position on the pavement. Rain water flowed over me as I curled my body in the gutter. After the beating stopped, I ran to a taxi and jumped in. Davai!!! One man ran after me and began choking me from the back of the taxi. I flung the door open and ran. He tackled me. I could barley see as my face was swollen over my eyes. He put me in another taxi and drove me to a bankomat. I entered bad pin codes and claimed my card wasn't working. SERE. Survive, evade, resist, escape. I was buying time to think. In the distance was a large 8 foot high wright iron fence with spikes. I saw freedom. My captor put me back in the car. I closed the door and he got in. I immediately jumped out and ran for the fence. In some supercharged adrenaline boost I jumped like Mario on super mushrooms over the fence.

I ran for 20 minutes and never looked back. I leaned up against a building and called an uber, who returned me to my room where I laid bleeding until my LTR got me to a doctor. I needed stitches, but didn't get them because I had infections from the dirt in my wounds. I have spent the last two weeks recovering and I went running for the first time today. My face has completely healed and the deep laceration on my foot is closed. The doctor told me that this is common at this place and he has seen this before. I was likely targeted because I was a foreigner.

I'm not sure what the learning point is here, for myself or for you the member/lurker. Don't go out and drink? Don't go without a wing? Don't be a foreigner? I'm not sure what I could have done differently. I think its only a matter of time before you encounter an issue in Eastern Europe. If you roll the dice enough, at some point you get snake eyes.

Respect for telling the story and for escaping.

Few questions if you don't mind.
How drunk were you?
Were attackers Slavic or Caucasians? Were you speaking English or Russian?
Did you report that?

I guess it is always the risk. The more you leave your house the higher are chances of something happening.
Not only in eastern Europe, everywhere you go.
The only thing I see possible is to drink very little, or not to drink at all.

@John Michael Kane: If you resist with a knife the chances are they will kill you with a gun. Even in your own country it is not the smartest thing to do.
If you shoot them with a gun, you go to prison. If you fight back and kill someone you go to prison. Always give them what the ask unless you can just run away.
If you are forced to use your pin to withdraw money at the cash machine, do it.
What I do to minimise risks. (also works well in case of theft). I have one debit card with me and a bit of cash. I keep around 200$ on a debit card, rest of the money is on account without the card. When I need more money I use internet bank to transfer some.

RE: The Russia Thread - rishboy77 - 05-02-2016 04:42 PM

Thanks for a wake call Vet.

Too many guys think always think nothing will happen and 95% of the time it won't but it's the other 5% you got to worry about.

Hard to ever know if that this type of incident could easily happen in your own country compared to being targeted somewhere .
Better to safe then sorry.

RE: The Russia Thread - samsamsam - 05-02-2016 04:42 PM

Just glad you are doing better. Sorry to hear that BS went down.

RE: The Russia Thread - Disco_Volante - 05-02-2016 04:45 PM

can you carry tasers in Russia? or is pepper spray the best you're allowed?

Edit: is crazy daisy an upscale bar?

RE: The Russia Thread - Beirut - 05-02-2016 04:52 PM

Wow thats crazy that the bouncer would be so openly in on it. As in totsl disregard of being identified or face any consquences

RE: The Russia Thread - WashedUPVet - 05-02-2016 04:52 PM

@Vinny they were slavic.

There is an investigation. Once I get some resolution I might do an update to the story. One positive in all this was that it ended up being a bonding experience with my young LTR. She really did a lot to take care of me at a time that I really needed her.

RE: The Russia Thread - John Michael Kane - 05-02-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:John Michael Kane: If you resist with a knife the chances are they will kill you with a gun. Even in your own country it is not the smartest thing to do.
If you shoot them with a gun, you go to prison. If you fight back and kill someone you go to prison. Always give them what the ask unless you can just run away.
What I do to minimise risks. (also works well in case of theft). I have one debit card with me and a bit of cash. I keep around 200$ on a debit card, rest of the money is on account without the card. When I need more money I use internet bank to transfer some.

It depends upon the laws of your jurisdiction. I'm speaking in general terms. Here, in the United States, there's a fair amount of protection for a legally authorized gun owner to shoot an attacker, and most district attorneys aren't going to press charges against a law-abiding citizen who shoots a criminal with a long rap sheet.

I can't speak from experience as to what the laws are in Russia regarding concealed carry or knives, something that should not be taken lightly, as you said. Everyone should investigate the legal options in their jurisdiction before making a choice to arm themselves. Also, if you are armed in any way, shape or form, you better sure as hell know how to use the weapon you're carrying.

If you are caught up in a 3 on 1, your very best option may be to just give them the cash, as you said. Escalating isn't always the best option, especially in a group attack, if you aren't armed and proficient in how to fight back. That's why it is most important to minimize risks, as you said. The best fight in your life is the one you've never been in.

RE: The Russia Thread - Going strong - 05-02-2016 05:08 PM

(05-02-2016 04:52 PM)WashedUPVet Wrote:  @Vinny they were slavic.

There is an investigation. Once I get some resolution I might do an update to the story. One positive in all this was that it ended up being a bonding experience with my young LTR. She really did a lot to take care of me at a time that I really needed her.

Assuming she wasn't the one to set you up for this. Partly for the money, partly to punish you for "perceived infidelity"? Just saying, it's a possibility...

RE: The Russia Thread - Vinny - 05-02-2016 05:09 PM

(05-02-2016 05:02 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  
Quote:John Michael Kane: If you resist with a knife the chances are they will kill you with a gun. Even in your own country it is not the smartest thing to do.

It depends upon the laws of your jurisdiction. I'm speaking in general terms. Here, in the United States, there's a fair amount of protection for a legally authorized gun owner to shoot an attacker, and most district attorneys aren't going to press charges against a law-abiding citizen who shoots a criminal with a long rap sheet.

I can't speak from experience as to what the laws are in Russia regarding concealed carry or knives, something that should not be taken lightly, as you said. Everyone should investigate the legal options in their jurisdiction before making a choice to arm themselves. Also, if you are armed in any way, shape or form, you better sure as hell know how to use the weapon you're carrying.

If you are caught up in a 3 on 1, your very best option may be to just give them the cash, as you said. Escalating isn't always the best option, especially in a group attack, if you aren't armed and proficient in how to fight back. That's why it is most important to minimize risks, as you said. The best fight in your life is the one you've never been in.

I don't know much about US, but in most countries of Europe and in Russia you have very high chance to go to prison for protecting yourself.
There was a story recently on Russian news, of guy protecting his family and killing an attacker and he went to jail. I think he did not even use the gun.
In European union if you have a gun you fill suffer less if you shoot yourself than if you shoot a guy. Laws are really strict for carrying guns, and to have a concealed gun you have to have veeeery good reasons and a super clean record. Still if you shoot a guy, you will most likely go to prison.
Laws may vary a bit within EU, but generally having a gun is nearly useless.

RE: The Russia Thread - Going strong - 05-02-2016 05:14 PM

(05-02-2016 04:45 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  can you carry tasers in Russia? or is pepper spray the best you're allowed?

Edit: is crazy daisy an upscale bar?

If you're going to draw something in FSU, please don't draw a pepper spray can or a taser. Draw a (real) gun, or nothing (or fight, or run, depending). Just don't make a fool of yourself by pulling a small pepper spray, when in trouble with some locals. Run, or heck: even apologize, or pay up - or draw a real gun.

RE: The Russia Thread - WashedUPVet - 05-02-2016 05:20 PM

(05-02-2016 05:08 PM)Going strong Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 04:52 PM)WashedUPVet Wrote:  @Vinny they were slavic.

Assuming she wasn't the one to set you up for this. Partly for the money, partly to punish you for "perceived infidelity"? Just saying, it's a possibility...

It is not a possibility.

RE: The Russia Thread - Disco_Volante - 05-02-2016 05:21 PM

burning their eyes with pepper spray buys you time to run away....

RE: The Russia Thread - Rocha - 05-02-2016 05:32 PM

Another perspective here, is if any of the girls WashedupVet was talking to at the bar did not tiped the thugs.

I am checking pics of this crazy daisy, and this is not upscale at all, not saying it seems low class, but it is just another hi-energy testostherone fueled place, like e.g Forsage in Kiev, Plazma in Kharkov, or any other club in Arkadia except Ibiza, Ithaka or Aurea.

Shit can happen anywhere, but the chances in this kind of places are higher, and foreigners tend to venture in them, I have seen some stuff in Ukraine, for example two american kids badly beaten up at infamous Shooters, or two spanish kids I met last trip with free ray-ban sunglasses when I met them in the same flight to Madrid. I am very sensitive to my surroundings even when drunk, thats why I do not like and avoid these kind of places.

WashedupVet, good to know you are healing well. Do not let this incident slow you down. We are always glad and anxious to hear more of your stories and adventures. Just try to be more careful with the venues you choose.

RE: The Russia Thread - Kissinger2014 - 05-02-2016 05:39 PM

@WashedUPVet - incredible but unfortunate story. Hoping you have a quick and full recovery.

When you do feel like it, please share more details, esp. if there was any resolution to this case. I will likely be moving to that area of the world in the not too distant future, and I want to prepare myself as much as possible.

RE: The Russia Thread - WashedUPVet - 05-02-2016 06:07 PM

(05-02-2016 05:32 PM)Rocha Wrote:  Another perspective here, is if any of the girls WashedupVet was talking to at the bar did not tiped the thugs.

I am checking pics of this crazy daisy, and this is not upscale at all, not saying it seems low class, but it is just another hi-energy testostherone fueled place, like e.g Forsage in Kiev, Plazma in Kharkov, or any other club in Arkadia except Ibiza, Ithaka or Aurea.

Shit can happen anywhere, but the chances in this kind of places are higher, and foreigners tend to venture in them, I have seen some stuff in Ukraine, for example two american kids badly beaten up at infamous Shooters, or two spanish kids I met last trip with free ray-ban sunglasses when I met them in the same flight to Madrid. I am very sensitive to my surroundings even when drunk, thats why I do not like and avoid these kind of places.

WashedupVet, good to know you are healing well. Do not let this incident slow you down. We are always glad and anxious to hear more of your stories and adventures. Just try to be more careful with the venues you choose.

@Rocha I have been 3-4 nights at Forsage but haven't visited the others. This is likely of the same establishment class and yes, is a testosterone fueled place.

I can run several scenarios that do include a girl at the bar selling me out. I could have talked to someone's girlfriend who got pissed and had connections to the security. I also showed my passport on entry, exposing myself as American. They could be America haters. They might have just wanted my money. They might just be sick and deranged people. I will probably never have the answer.

There is a part 2 to this story. Once the dust settles and I have further clarity, I'll do an update @kissinger

We all like to think that we are in control of our surroundings, situationally aware and can repel an attack. I too was one of these people. I'm trained in small unit tactics / ground fighting and small arms. I've been in scary circumstances in the sandbox. For me this evening none of these things mattered, it was only determination to survive and escape. It took me 3 times but I found a way.

RE: The Russia Thread - CaptainChardonnay - 05-02-2016 06:07 PM

Glad you are ok Washedupvet. Please feel free to share anymore details you deem relevant. I'm sure many members will be able to learn something from your terrible experience.

RE: The Russia Thread - Disco_Volante - 05-02-2016 06:32 PM

That's scary, he's 250 lbs with tactical training yet barely got away. I probably would've been fucked in that situation. You would think, as a mugger they'd only go for smaller guys but damn.

So the cab driver was in on it too? After your card 'didn't work', what would they have hoped to gain by throwing you back in the taxi?

RE: The Russia Thread - Going strong - 05-02-2016 08:18 PM

(05-02-2016 05:21 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  burning their eyes with pepper spray buys you time to run away....

More than anything, it buys you a free, courtesy beating, once they catch up with you. Wink

Anyway, the violent men who did that to WUVeteran seem quite... amateurish, having had their victim at their mercy, only to let said victim escape... They probably were the friends or cousins of some bar girl, but no "professional" gang men, I'd guess! Surely, "full-time" mafia men would have been more efficient in their shake down?

RE: The Russia Thread - eL-JJ - 05-02-2016 08:25 PM

That was an express kidnapping (secuestro exprés)...

That bouncer is key, they should investigate him, obvious set up, things like that often happen in México, especially if it's a bar run by cartel/gangster dudes, hope it wasn't because of anti-american reasons.