Roosh V Forum
The Russia Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Russia Thread (/thread-35879.html)

RE: The Russia Thread - Dantes - 05-18-2017 07:45 PM

I ran into more of these types of girls in St. Pete than in Moscow. Most in St. Pete are obvious, trying to pull tourists into strip clubs on Nevsky. I only met 1 during my trips to Moscow.

Always choose the bar, even if it isn't a perfect date spot...at least you know it is legitimate.

When something seems off, it probably is. Follow your gut.

Reminds me of a few years ago when I met a cute blonde in the mall early evening in St. Pete. I instadated her for coffee in the same mall. There was nothing unusual about her or the approach. All seemed natural.

Her friend showed up about ten minutes later, although she mentioned that she was meeting her friend at the mall. Both girls are attractive and seemed normal. I texted another Forum member to join us.

From the mall, the four of us bounced to a local bar that we all were familiar with. We started doing vodka shots by suggestion of the girls (warning sign number 1). Almost all of the women I have dated in Russian stay clear of vodka, preferring to drink wine or cocktails. After two shots, my wing and I were each making out with our girl (warning sign number 2). It was too easy to escalate.

The girls suggested going to a Karaoke bar (warning sign number 3). While I have met sweet, nice FSU girls who like Karaoke, they usually don't suggest this on the first meeting. This was a clear warning sign and something I would have seen more clearly if I was sober.

The alcohol and their beauty persuaded us to bounce to a Karaoke bar. It was about one block from my pad, which ended up factoring into the decision as I was thinking after the venue change I would be in good logistical position to close. We paid a small cover to enter the bar. The four of us ordered drinks (normal prices). After a few minutes, one girl asked the bartender for champagne and I immediately stood up and told the bartender "no" and closed the tab. Both girls started drama, to which I ignored and didn't engage. I motioned to my friend that we were leaving.

I don't remember the exact damage, but it wasn't too bad.

I am well traveled and experienced with women, but I also make mistakes. It was a humbling experience for me and one I learned from even though the damage was minimal.

RE: The Russia Thread - Beirut - 05-19-2017 04:46 AM

Dantes do you think they were in on it with the staff in this case?

A lot of times the girls wanna milk it for a fun time and they still put out at the end.

RE: The Russia Thread - Dantes - 05-19-2017 05:12 AM

(05-19-2017 04:46 AM)Beirut Wrote:  Dantes do you think they were in on it with the staff in this case?

A lot of times the girls wanna milk it for a fun time and they still put out at the end.

My sense is that that they were in on it with the staff.

RE: The Russia Thread - AkiKinnunen - 05-19-2017 08:19 AM

Not the first time I hear a scam like that. Unfortunately.
Last time I went to Peter I spend the whole weekend with a local, never ever she asked me to bring her to a karaoke bar.
On the contrary, she helped me to avoid senseless spending.
We had a nice time. On a Saturday we went to Peterhof during the day by rivertram. There foreigners must pay more then locals there for the ticket...I saw some guys playing Russian, it was ridiculous.

RE: The Russia Thread - Beijong - 05-19-2017 09:05 AM

(05-18-2017 04:53 PM)churros Wrote:  Holy shit! I just got fucked out of $100 by one of these Russian vixens. I’m writing this up for the sake of my brothers here on RVF, in case this happens to you. I’m an experienced traveller and can usually spot this a mile away. But crucially, I speak no Russian, so am helpless if something goes wrong.

First week in Piter. Tinder is blowing up, two bangs already this week. Several more on the slow burn. I was gonna chill tonight, but I get a match last minute. She’s a 7.5 in the photos (maybe 6.5 in reality). She’s down to meet now, so I head out. Strange she’s so spontaneous for a Russian.

I don’t have my bars on lock down here, so I usually let the girls choose. She brought me to a bar on Nevsky, “Secret Services”. We’re looking at the menu, and she only drinks wine. I’m looking at the beers, but nah. She points at the bottles. Not cheap, but when the waiter comes, I aim for the cheaper end.

Oh, well surprise surprise, they don’t have that one. Nor that one. Actually they only have the 5000 ruble one. I’m still wondering whether it’s by the bottle, or glass… It’s the bottle. The wine is shitty. I comment the tables are too big, so she comes and sits beside me. Very forward for a Russian. Something is off.

She’s gets a call. Do I mind if her friend comes along? At this point alarm bells are tingling. I say actually I prefer not. The friend comes right in, doesn’t look at me, and they both rush out to talk.

But she comes back. Weirdly cool with ditching her friend, but alright. Now I’m escalating, but her temperament shifts. She’s not pulling away, but clearly uncomfortable. Obviously the guys she takes in here don't escalate so quickly.

Waiter comes in. Do I want cheeses, food… She’s constantly refilling the glasses, making sure they’re full. Extremely attentive for a Russian waiter. So much so, I wave them away rudely.

Chick starts yawning, she needs to leave. I’m like fuck this, we’re splitting the bill this time. Maybe I’ll even bail. Head to bathroom, but it’s right by the table, no cover to make an exit… But I still haven't gathered my thoughts enough to be decisive. I blow my chance.

So I head back, and the check arrives. I say we’re splitting. Then begins the drama. Chick starts fake crying. The waitresses both arrive and start pressuring me. I keep my cool. They are talking only to me. I am insisting we split the bill. They “can’t split”, they say.

So the waiters go and we sit there. The chick has “no money” is “poor student”. Open your wallet, I say. I’m happy to grab whatever for token value. She refuses. Making comments about how much the “dollar” is worth. She'll "pay me back", yeh fuckin right... In Russia, the men always pay, she says... Usually I do but not this time.

I’m like, we can wait for the police. But no we fucking can’t. I’ve heard about Russian police, and I’m fresh meat. Maybe she even has friends outside. I need to cut my losses and get out of here.

After 15 mins, I get up and pay. Waiter makes sure I sign twice, checks my signature. The chick is now behind me whining and pretending to be sorry, creating a distraction. I wave her off and sign the bills. I drop the pen aggressively, and the waiter starts giving me shit. I give it back to them, and walk out.

Only now do I piece this all together. When it played out shit wasn’t that clear. But holy shit! I can’t believe this happened.

Actually just cancelled the card to be safe, and reported the charge a fraud. Let's see if I get my money back.

I’m taking it in good humour, but it’s true what they say, you don’t get girls like this in the west!

Ohshit

You handled that well man. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. I probably would have avoided the whole thing. I remember one time I met a russian girl in Moscow by a fountain. There was a starbucks on the right and a fancy fuggin restaurant on the left. I was like great, lets go to starbucks. She was like "look at me! There is NO WAY I'm going into a starbucks dressed this nicely" - she was wearing a decent dress, nothing special, but I guess she's poor or something and considers it her best. I said there's no way I wanna go to that restaurant because I know in Russia women expect men to pay for dates and I wasn't interested in paying for her expensive meal. She wasn't happy. Anyway, we had a fight about it and it turned into making out, she tried to pull away "you don't deserve my kisses" but I pulled her in and that was the end of her resistance. and then I took her to the restaurant, where she ordered cheap wine and I got a coffee, and it wasn't that bad. She offered to pay her half, I'm sure it was just a token gesture. I bought her cheap wine.

I liked reading your experience, please keep us posted. I'll be back in Russia in just over 3 weeks.

RE: The Russia Thread - sportbilly - 05-19-2017 03:22 PM

I was planning to go to Irkutsk soon to see Lake Baikal..take an exam in Russia and of course chase girls...however, due to the number of leads i have being far greater in Moscow thinking of changing my plan.

Anybody on here been in Irkutsk?

RE: The Russia Thread - edlefou - 05-20-2017 03:16 AM

(05-19-2017 03:22 PM)sportbilly Wrote:  I was planning to go to Irkutsk soon to see Lake Baikal..take an exam in Russia and of course chase girls...however, due to the number of leads i have being far greater in Moscow thinking of changing my plan.

Anybody on here been in Irkutsk?
Moscow is much better for girls, but Lake Baikal is beautiful.

I did it in the winter, when there are no people, but I can imagine in the summer it would be even more gorgeous, though much more busy.

You can do camping, fishing, etc. in the summer and there's a train that goes along the shore of the lake on a route that used to be part of the Trans Siberian railroad.

I'd recommend it, but not if chasing girls is your main priority.

RE: The Russia Thread - churros - 05-20-2017 03:21 AM

Glad you liked the story guys. Appreciate the kinds words.

The charge has been taken off my account for now. Thank God for international credit cards.

Should I post a picture of this bitch, for the safety of the forum? I promised I would make her famous...

For some reason the forum is stuck in mobile mode for me, so I can't like or post images. Anyone else experiencing this?

RE: The Russia Thread - edlefou - 05-20-2017 03:39 AM

(05-18-2017 04:53 PM)churros Wrote:  I’m taking it in good humour, but it’s true what they say, you don’t get girls like this in the west!
Dantes' advice is spot-on: always choose the venue and lead.

Last summer in Piter during the White Nights I met two girls, early-mid-twenties, on the street and we went to the pub for beers. They were a 5 and a 6, but I'm always up for socializing in Russian and after a few beers they started looking a lot better.

I bought them a couple shots, but we each paid for our own beers, then decided to go somewhere else. We walked down Nevsky, moving closer to my place.

We did more shots on the way at one of the places on Nevsky.

Then they wanted to dance, so we went to a place they knew nearby, not far from the train station. We get to this place and it's completely empty and the hostess is bringing the menu and the girls want to get a table and order shisha and drinks.

Now if the place were full of hotties I'd have been up for it, but there's no way I'm hanging out in a completely empty place so I told them we're leaving.

I don't know if they just chose a shitty place, or whether they had a kickback arrangement with the owners.

At that point I was drunk and didn't trust them so when we got outside I made an excuse and bailed.

The next day I looked at some photos we took and they returned to being a 5 and a 6 to my sober brain.

RE: The Russia Thread - reciproke - 05-20-2017 07:01 AM

When girls are offering to split the bill guys will complain how westernized they are. If they expect to be treated, well then it's a scam. There's no need to be paranoid. I highly suspect that what some of you experienced is still within cultural norms. But most girls are naive and have mythological notions about your affluence, especially if you are American and lead with the fact that you are a foreigner and looking for drinks or partying.

One time this girl showed me a lot of different bars, where we had a lot drinks, and at the end we met her friends in a shisha bar. The bill was "only" about 5000 Rubel. But what was the real difference? It was a one time event. We still smashed and hooked up. She cooked for me on the next days and showed me a lot of cool places. I met some new people through her. I was thinking about getting a bit pissed the moment when I had to pay and she said we were meeting her friends. But the the real problem was not her, it was me not leading. Girls are scatterbrained and tend to do what they feel like, especially if they feel like they can let loose. So I firmly but politely called it a day, let her call a cab und just bounced with her to my place.

Most girls are living at the brink of poverty and see you as a welcomed opportunity to get out of the daily rut of studying, working and worrying about money. Your job as a man is to channel that and put a lid on it. In general I like Russian girls because they subtlety "teach" how to step up as a man by responding well to masculine behaviour and "running amok" when you are slacking off. Of course there's the legimitate threath of being scammed, it just comes with the turf, and sometimes you have to make a bad experience to get immunized. Try not to get carried away by it.

RE: The Russia Thread - AkiKinnunen - 05-20-2017 07:29 AM

(05-20-2017 03:21 AM)churros Wrote:  Should I post a picture of this bitch, for the safety of the forum?

Yep, I think this would be good, and at least it can save the next forum member of being scammed.
And for those who already have been scammed, they might recognize her))

RE: The Russia Thread - churros - 05-28-2017 06:35 AM

I’m back from two weeks in piter. Some of this might be redundant, but it’s data. I’m 5’ 10” white, atheletic but not big, and probably average looks. I got three bangs here in total; many other leads which I couldn’t close in time.

I speak no Russian so my dates were all from online. Even though my tinder was blowing up, this was severely frustrating, because when I spoke to girls on the street, they were open and friendly. And obviously the quality was better. But I gave up daygame altogether because nobody spoke English.

One hard 7 banged on second date, but flaked thereafter due to guilt. Other two were actually first date bangs, solid 6s, but had travelled in India etc. I can confirm that Russian girls suck a good dick, or not at all.

The girls in Russia are among the hottest I’ve seen. They are receptive to daygame, and indicate interest more frequently than in the West. Or should I say, they actually indicate interest. I was reminded again and again how profoundly unfair it is that we are stuck with such warpigs.

I did not get into any dangerous situations. Contrary to my expectations, it was quite safe here. However, the Russians will try to fuck you out of money any chance they get. Obviously, speaking the language helps here.

My earlier post discussed one occassion. Shortly afterwards, I got into another encounter with a hard 8, who tried to lead me somewhere unknown. And many times I was overcharged for basic things like chargers etc. Despite the wealth, a real survivor's mentality remains culturally embedded.

The women are intelligent, sophisticated, feminine. They would make great wives. The weather and food is shit, but the culture is second to none, and the history astonishing. I say this to compare with South America (and North America too for that matter), which is inferior in all these respects.

I arrived here not explicitly for the girls, but was pleasantly surprised. To visit Russia you probably want to spend several months, learn the language, and be well paid. For me, it’s not worth the investment to achieve this, but maybe in another lifetime.

RE: The Russia Thread - Traktor - 05-28-2017 03:25 PM

(05-28-2017 06:35 AM)churros Wrote:  I’m back from two weeks in piter. Some of this might be redundant, but it’s data. I’m 5’ 10” white, atheletic but not big, and probably average looks. I got three bangs here in total; many other leads which I couldn’t close in time.

I speak no Russian so my dates were all from online. Even though my tinder was blowing up, this was severely frustrating, because when I spoke to girls on the street, they were open and friendly. And obviously the quality was better. But I gave up daygame altogether because nobody spoke English.

One hard 7 banged on second date, but flaked thereafter due to guilt. Other two were actually first date bangs, solid 6s, but had travelled in India etc. I can confirm that Russian girls suck a good dick, or not at all.

The girls in Russia are among the hottest I’ve seen. They are receptive to daygame, and indicate interest more frequently than in the West. Or should I say, they actually indicate interest. I was reminded again and again how profoundly unfair it is that we are stuck with such warpigs.

I did not get into any dangerous situations. Contrary to my expectations, it was quite safe here. However, the Russians will try to fuck you out of money any chance they get. Obviously, speaking the language helps here.

My earlier post discussed one occassion. Shortly afterwards, I got into another encounter with a hard 8, who tried to lead me somewhere unknown. And many times I was overcharged for basic things like chargers etc. Despite the wealth, a real survivor's mentality remains culturally embedded.

The women are intelligent, sophisticated, feminine. They would make great wives. The weather and food is shit, but the culture is second to none, and the history astonishing. I say this to compare with South America (and North America too for that matter), which is inferior in all these respects.

I arrived here not explicitly for the girls, but was pleasantly surprised. To visit Russia you probably want to spend several months, learn the language, and be well paid. For me, it’s not worth the investment to achieve this, but maybe in another lifetime.

A Tinder slut would not a good wife make.

Get off Tinder. There is nothing more soul destroying than the moral hangover, the outcome of empty, passionless sex from 5s and 6s. Polish your language, social skills and appearance and get out there and meet some real girls.

RE: The Russia Thread - churros - 05-28-2017 03:37 PM

Dude you are preaching to the choir. In a country for two weeks, where I don't speak the language (and don't have the intention of learning), yeah I'm going to fire up tinder. And if you read my post, you'd see I daygamed pretty heavily.

RE: The Russia Thread - Rocha - 05-28-2017 08:29 PM

(05-18-2017 04:53 PM)churros Wrote:  Holy shit! I just got fucked out of $100 by one of these Russian vixens. I’m writing this up for the sake of my brothers here on RVF, in case this happens to you. I’m an experienced traveller and can usually spot this a mile away. But crucially, I speak no Russian, so am helpless if something goes wrong.

First week in Piter. Tinder is blowing up, two bangs already this week. Several more on the slow burn. I was gonna chill tonight, but I get a match last minute. She’s a 7.5 in the photos (maybe 6.5 in reality). She’s down to meet now, so I head out. Strange she’s so spontaneous for a Russian.

I don’t have my bars on lock down here, so I usually let the girls choose. She brought me to a bar on Nevsky, “Secret Services”. We’re looking at the menu, and she only drinks wine. I’m looking at the beers, but nah. She points at the bottles. Not cheap, but when the waiter comes, I aim for the cheaper end.

Oh, well surprise surprise, they don’t have that one. Nor that one. Actually they only have the 5000 ruble one. I’m still wondering whether it’s by the bottle, or glass… It’s the bottle. The wine is shitty. I comment the tables are too big, so she comes and sits beside me. Very forward for a Russian. Something is off.

She’s gets a call. Do I mind if her friend comes along? At this point alarm bells are tingling. I say actually I prefer not. The friend comes right in, doesn’t look at me, and they both rush out to talk.

But she comes back. Weirdly cool with ditching her friend, but alright. Now I’m escalating, but her temperament shifts. She’s not pulling away, but clearly uncomfortable. Obviously the guys she takes in here don't escalate so quickly.

Waiter comes in. Do I want cheeses, food… She’s constantly refilling the glasses, making sure they’re full. Extremely attentive for a Russian waiter. So much so, I wave them away rudely.

Chick starts yawning, she needs to leave. I’m like fuck this, we’re splitting the bill this time. Maybe I’ll even bail. Head to bathroom, but it’s right by the table, no cover to make an exit… But I still haven't gathered my thoughts enough to be decisive. I blow my chance.

So I head back, and the check arrives. I say we’re splitting. Then begins the drama. Chick starts fake crying. The waitresses both arrive and start pressuring me. I keep my cool. They are talking only to me. I am insisting we split the bill. They “can’t split”, they say.

So the waiters go and we sit there. The chick has “no money” is “poor student”. Open your wallet, I say. I’m happy to grab whatever for token value. She refuses. Making comments about how much the “dollar” is worth. She'll "pay me back", yeh fuckin right... In Russia, the men always pay, she says... Usually I do but not this time.

I’m like, we can wait for the police. But no we fucking can’t. I’ve heard about Russian police, and I’m fresh meat. Maybe she even has friends outside. I need to cut my losses and get out of here.

After 15 mins, I get up and pay. Waiter makes sure I sign twice, checks my signature. The chick is now behind me whining and pretending to be sorry, creating a distraction. I wave her off and sign the bills. I drop the pen aggressively, and the waiter starts giving me shit. I give it back to them, and walk out.

Only now do I piece this all together. When it played out shit wasn’t that clear. But holy shit! I can’t believe this happened.

Actually just cancelled the card to be safe, and reported the charge a fraud. Let's see if I get my money back.

I’m taking it in good humour, but it’s true what they say, you don’t get girls like this in the west!

It is a good story and you handled it down very well, but I do not think it was a scam. a 100$ bill is nothing compared to the 700$ scams of the bars in Riga. And the waitresses where on the side of the girl probably out of prejudice for you being a foreigner, at least that is my take.

Morale of the story is to never order wine in Russia.

RE: The Russia Thread - Rocha - 05-28-2017 08:51 PM

(05-28-2017 03:25 PM)Traktor Wrote:  
(05-28-2017 06:35 AM)churros Wrote:  I’m back from two weeks in piter. Some of this might be redundant, but it’s data. I’m 5’ 10” white, atheletic but not big, and probably average looks. I got three bangs here in total; many other leads which I couldn’t close in time.

A Tinder slut would not a good wife make.

Get off Tinder. There is nothing more soul destroying than the moral hangover, the outcome of empty, passionless sex from 5s and 6s. Polish your language, social skills and appearance and get out there and meet some real girls.

Not everyone is looking for a wife. And most if not all the girls in Russia (and Ukraine or Belarus for the matter) are into online dating. I could bet no other country has higher percentages of women online than Russia, in fact online dating started in Russia/FSU with the mail order brides thing, and anastasiadate.com etc.

While myself not an enthusiast of online dating, your sentence below is ridiculous, or you bang "passionately" 8s and 9s on a regular basis.

"There is nothing more soul destroying than the moral hangover, the outcome of empty, passionless sex from 5s and 6s."

RE: The Russia Thread - PuaRonin - 05-28-2017 11:50 PM

Going mid june to St.P and Moscow for a week. Don't speak the language. Any tips on where to go? Should I get airbnb in st.p and moscow? How do you guys get around as well, uber/taxi?

I will be with a girl from there most of the time but i still want to be the one leading. Want to stay away from risky situations since I don't know the language.

RE: The Russia Thread - AkiKinnunen - 05-29-2017 12:07 AM

St. Peter is my favorite city in Russia. If you come in June, you will still get to enjoy the white nights. I suggest a trip to Peterhof, a true must for any tourist interested in art and history. The normal taxi is relatively expensive, better to use uber (but since yandex cancel their maps partnership with them, their GPS is shitty, so be prepared to "go look for the driver" in some cases).

RE: The Russia Thread - Jpizz - 05-29-2017 11:57 AM

Has anyone here returned to Russia on a multi-entry visa? I'm likely heading back this July and wondering if you need to show a host letter, health insurance etc.. at customs or the visa alone is sufficient for reentry. Thanks

RE: The Russia Thread - edlefou - 05-29-2017 12:53 PM

(05-29-2017 11:57 AM)Jpizz Wrote:  Has anyone here returned to Russia on a multi-entry visa? I'm likely heading back this July and wondering if you need to show a host letter, health insurance etc.. at customs or the visa alone is sufficient for reentry. Thanks

Last year I went three times on a one year multi-entry visa. As long as you're not breaking the 90 out of 180 day rule you should be fine.

When you applied for the visa, the invitation letter and insurance would have been for a year, so you shouldn't have to show that again.

Having said that, they can reject you if they feel like it and ask you for whatever they want: you're never guaranteed entry (to Russia or any country, for that matter). However, that probably rarely happens.

RE: The Russia Thread - Tail Gunner - 05-30-2017 12:21 AM

(05-28-2017 08:29 PM)Rocha Wrote:  a 100$ bill is nothing compared to the 700$ scams of the bars in Riga.

Yes, the Riga bar scam stories are legendary. They are perpetrated mostly by the ethnic Russians in Latvia, not the Latvians. I read an incredible man-bites-dog story years ago. Some Russian goons in Riga tried to enforce one of these bar scams by violence and intimidation. It turns out that the victim was a police officer from the UK with some serious fighting skills -- and he messed up the Russian goons something fierce. It literally created an international incident and embarrassed the Latvian government.

If you want to read some stories about how these scams work, read the comments section of this article:

https://www.inyourpocket.com/riga/Scams:-tales-from-the-trenches_70957f

RE: The Russia Thread - churros - 05-30-2017 01:12 AM

(05-28-2017 08:29 PM)Rocha Wrote:  It is a good story and you handled it down very well, but I do not think it was a scam. a 100$ bill is nothing compared to the 700$ scams of the bars in Riga. And the waitresses where on the side of the girl probably out of prejudice for you being a foreigner, at least that is my take.

Morale of the story is to never order wine in Russia.

Rocha there is not a shadow of doubt in my mind. The total means nothing – you don't think they wanted me to buy more, like food and sheesha? I put a stop to it. That's why the chick bailed so quickly.

But if you still don't believe me, why don't you take the girl's number and run a repeat experiment? In fact, anyone is welcome too.

RE: The Russia Thread - AkiKinnunen - 05-30-2017 04:08 AM

For me it looks like a scam. I know a guy who went the same MO while in St. Pete. But to be fair, this happens in some other countries as well.

(05-29-2017 11:57 AM)Jpizz Wrote:  Has anyone here returned to Russia on a multi-entry visa? I'm likely heading back this July and wondering if you need to show a host letter, health insurance etc.. at customs or the visa alone is sufficient for reentry. Thanks

As long as you respect the 3 months rule (meaning, to stay for at least 3 months out of Russia before returning here), they will not refuse your arrival.

RE: The Russia Thread - Beirut - 05-30-2017 04:20 AM

Churros its not really a scam per se. The girl may have been just out to use you, yes probably. But you knowingly ordered a clearly priced bottle on the menu.

The usual scams are much more sneaky, in that for example the girl orders a simple beer and at the end they show u a menu where that beer is 100 dollars.

Or she just orders in her language without asking you and they stick you with it.

Sometimes they switch menus.

Also its not like she insisted on a place, you asked her to choose.

And she went cold in middle of the date while smarter wouldve been to be friendly and make you order more.

She may have been a sneaky bitch but i would never call what happened a scam.

RE: The Russia Thread - churros - 05-30-2017 04:44 AM

Look dude, the girl only went cold when I stopped ordering. From the behavior of the staff, to her forced theatrics, there is no ambiguity about this. This was routine for them.

I am unsure what your investment is in denying this. As I said, take the girl out. I bet she will be eager.