Roosh V Forum
Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black (/thread-48240.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Basil Ransom - 06-13-2015 03:47 PM

(06-12-2015 07:22 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  [Image: 7rbEwnQ.jpg]

Great day game prop.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - aphelion - 06-13-2015 04:36 PM

(06-13-2015 11:55 AM)Deepdiver Wrote:  Really when you think about it fact is somewhere out there is an Alpha Brother to blame - brother banged her so hard he turned this beezie into a weezie - banged the lily white right out of her - she took the brother's banging beef injection and look at the results her skin even changed color (curious where she set the dial on the spray tan booth). She went black and 'aint coming back. Brothers either need to be steppin up and taking back control of the NAACP - or just stop these science experiments with horror movie outcomes. ???

Please post more often.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Grange - 06-13-2015 05:03 PM

http://mattbruenig.com/2015/06/12/transrace-and-transgender/

This post is pretty clever in using SJW-friendly language to poke holes.

Quote:When I am not reading economics-related material, one of the things I like to do is probe the strangest depths of Tumblr identity debates. Although I don’t write about it much (save one time before) and have no particular interest in their outcomes, I find these debates extremely fascinating on a purely argumentative level and so I continue to observe. Rachel Dolezal, the white woman who “faked” (in quotes because that’s what is in contention) being black for ten years, has finally thrust one of those obscure Tumblr debates into the mainstream.

The central question of the debate is this: if you can be transgender, then can you also be transrace? The overwhelming consensus in the Tumblr circles I have followed over the years is: no. But the justifications for the “no” answer have never been terribly crisp. To say transgender identity is valid but transracial identity is not, it’s necessary to identify relevant distinctions between the two. And though efforts at distinguishing the two are occasionally made, all the ones I’ve ever seen either begged the question or didn’t actually succeed.

Here is a list of points I’ve commonly seen and the problems with them:

1. Being transracial is cultural appropriation and akin to blackface.
The problem here is that some women argue that being transgender is gender appropriation and akin to whatever the woman version of blackface would be (womanface?). The latter charge has consistently been raised about drag shows.

The gender appropriation argument, in its most sophisticated form, even goes as far as to distinguish between transmen (which are seen as fine) and transwomen (which are seen as oppressive). The distinction between the two perfectly mirrors some of the arguments you see about cultural appropriation: it is wrong when dominant/oppressor groups do it to subordinate/oppressed groups. Thus, females appropriating the masculine gender is counted as acceptable while males appropriating the feminine gender is not.

2. Transracial people don’t have the lived experiences of other races.
According to this argument, the issue is that (for instance) a white person did not grow up as black or latino and therefore does not know what it’s like to be raised in that racial category and especially does not know what it’s like to navigate our racist society.

The problem here is that the same thing can be and is said about transwomen. Someone like Caitlyn Jenner has gone 65 years of life without knowing what it’s like to navigate the world as someone outwardly identified as a woman. The demeaning, the catcalls, the assumption of greater ignorance and lesser intelligence is as foreign to Jenner as stop-and-frisk is to a white person identifying as black or latino.

3. Transgender people, unlike transracial people, don’t lie about their identities.
This point, which I’ve seen occasionally, actually popped up in the Dolezall commentary:

Quote:Trans people don’t lie about their gender identities — they express their gender according to categories that reflect who they are.

The problem here is that this is entirely question-begging. It says that the difference between, say, a transwomen and a transblack person is that the former is a woman while the latter is pretending to be black. But whether one, both, or neither is pretending is precisely what the debate is about. To assume one is truly reflecting who they are and the other isn’t is to simply state your conclusion without ever providing a separate argument for it.

4. Transracial people retain their privilege.
This also got play in the recent Dolezall commentary:

Quote:As a white woman, Dolezal retains her privilege; she can take out the box braids and strip off the self-tanner and navigate the world without the stigma tied to actually being black. Her connection to racial oppression is something she has complete control over, a costume she can put on — and take off — as she pleases.

The problem here is that critics of transgender people would say that this is also true of transgender people. They would say a transwoman can reassume a cis man identity and navigate the world as a man with privilege. Now, you might retort that transgender people cannot do that because they are, unlike transracial people, actually the gender they identify as, but then this is just an indirect version of the question-begging identified in number 3.

There's more but this is the relevant part.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Hotwheels - 06-13-2015 07:34 PM

[Image: KR2Anw.gif]

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Aquiles_Baesta_Parada - 06-13-2015 08:56 PM

This woman really went black and never came back!

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - LeeEnfield303 - 06-13-2015 09:25 PM

The other part is that this is no "victimless" crime. Dolezal leveled numerous hate-crime and harrassment charges against 'oppressors' that resulted in real damage (and, not incidentally, raised her profile and 'cred' with the NAACP). Of course, all those accusations are 'under scrutiny' now also....but that's too late for the accused.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Collide - 06-13-2015 09:42 PM

http://www.mtv.com/news/2185488/you-must-not-compare-caitlyn-jenner-and-rachel-dolezal/
Quote:According to her parents, Rachel Dolezal was born a white woman. If this is true, she’ll always be a white woman, and therefore will never live the experience of a black American. Caitlyn Jenner, on the other hand, has always been a woman. Simply put: Rachel has (allegedly) been pretending to be a black woman for years — Caitlyn isn’t pretending to be a woman because she’s always been one.

The left has gone full-retard. They have no coherent argument for why you can pretend to be a different sex but you can't pretend to be a different race - even though the biological distinctions between sex are much more clear compared to race, which is more fluid. You can be 1/4 asian and 3/4 african. You cannot be 1/4 male and 3/4 female.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - RexImperator - 06-13-2015 10:06 PM

[Image: Full-retard-meme.jpg]

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - White Trash King - 06-13-2015 10:13 PM

she bought the whole 'Black by injection' line some brother in college fed her.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Sourcecode - 06-13-2015 11:22 PM

yes...
But.

Would You Bang?

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Collide - 06-13-2015 11:38 PM

This is glorious.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - bacan - 06-13-2015 11:44 PM

A funny comment on the Washington Post article about her:

Gorilla Hair
6/12/2015 4:56 PM EDT
Jonathan, do you see the hypocrisy? A man running around saying he is woman, dressed in satin corsets, pink nail polish and high heels while vamping for the camera no less, can indeed just as offensive as blackface. But you wrote not one but two articles how awesome Jenner was with his "transition".
But someone dressing up as an African American is an assault on your sensibilities? To you I say #transracial baby.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Quintus Curtius - 06-14-2015 01:14 AM

So I guess if I just masquerade as a Samoan dude for a long enough time, tell it to
enough people, become an expert on Polynesian culture, make up a few stories about how I was discriminated against, and wish it hard enough...

....then it will become true!

I really can make up my own alternate universe!
And what's best, if I'm a woman, I can blackmail and guilt-trip the world into agreeing with me!

[attachment=26781] (This is me as of today. Why? Because I said so!)

We really are through the Alice-In-Wonderland looking glass on this one, guys.

We really have now reached that point of singularity where the insane is now being forced on us as sane.

[attachment=26782]

The Cheshire Cat is looking down on all of us hapless fools, and laughing.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - LeeEnfield303 - 06-14-2015 01:20 AM

(06-13-2015 11:38 PM)Collide Wrote:  

This is glorious.

Dolezal's dreads are more righteous. Just sayin'.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Simeon_Strangelight - 06-14-2015 01:32 AM

I wonder what black forum members think about this? I mean she is not really racist, she just wanted to be black so badly for attention seeking gains that she faked it completely. On a less positive point is that she has filled the positions at college and later in government that would have been taken by a black person. So actually she made the black community poorer.

But I guess that they will take it up a notch and introduce trans-racism now officially. The madness is spreading.

Here a few pics of her you might not have seen:

Sporting a weave:

[attachment=26783]

As a child:

[Image: 298E485600000578-3121061-Rachel_Dolezal_...331741.jpg]

At her wedding in 2004 with one her adopted siblings that she later called her "son".:

[Image: Rachel-Dolezal-wedding-resize-720x443.jpg]

[Image: 8050625_G.jpg]

[Image: 8050623_G.jpg]

[Image: 8050627_G.jpg]

Also saw a pic of her in her teens/ early 20s when she visited a black indigenous tribe in central Africa. Her skin was was as white as can be and her hair long and blond.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Hotwheels - 06-14-2015 03:44 AM

She's a waste of blonde hair.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Galahad - 06-14-2015 03:50 AM

I remember the story of this indian guy that set up a sex date and get a fine of it after the women noticed that his hand was brown and not white. Maybe this was also a #transracial case lol

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - NO_LIMIT_CRACKA - 06-14-2015 04:19 AM

So basically what she's saying is that I can claim to be an african indian lesbian transgender jewish asian to claim some minority affirmitive action benefits while on the outside not changing anything about myself except for maybe getting a tan (or smearing orange fake tan every day like her)?

Man that's great news, and here I thought I'd actually have to make a bit more effort to scam some minority benefits!

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - kosko - 06-14-2015 05:46 AM

Her parents threw her under the bus it seems. They have been the confirmation of her being white to the media and all those old ass pics are not digital, but prints. You have to think she had a bad falling out with them because most pateents would not expose thier kid like that and would protect them.

A bridge was burned somewhere but its only speculation to know why the relationship turned so sour. She is likely on suicide watch because no woman can take her hamster being exposed like this. Women must be part of the herd and when the herd turns on them you see thier darkest most crazed states. So I have some sympathy in that regards because back in the day she would of tarred and feather'd locally in her city but that's about it. A few months pass she can move to Texas or something and reboot her life. Now though she is a meme and memes live forever online and she is always going to be a punch line, that is a raw deal you don't wish on anybody, she's fucked.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Days of Broken Arrows - 06-14-2015 06:51 AM

It looks like this woman did what no one in the manosphere or right wing could do. She completely destroyed the media's frame when it came to Bruce Jenner and transgender identity.

The left's concept of everything being a "construct" (a load of crap, by the way), is now coming back to slap them in the face.

The Huffington Post ran an article saying why comparisons between Rachel to Bruce were "incorrect." The commenters completely tore it apart. They said the writer was making up rules.

The top voted comment -- made by a younger black woman -- says the following:

"The way I see it you can't have your cake and eat it too. If one cannot identify as being another race (a social construct) then why would we allow someone to identify with another gender (a social construct). What makes you a man or woman? What makes you black, white asian, brown, native american, or hispanic? How do we know that she isn't comfortable being in her skin? What if she has known since birth that she was supposed to be black? Caitlyn Jenner was surviving for 60 years not being Caitlyn Jenner. Apparently it can be survived. So one person thinks they are black and they have mental illness but one person thinks they are a woman and they are celebrated. Okay man. Just trying to keep up with the rules."

[attachment=26785]

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Galahad - 06-14-2015 10:26 AM

I crack up. lol

Article

Quote:Rachel Dolezal once did not let a student participate in a class activity about race and culture because she did not appear Hispanic enough, the student told BuzzFeed News on Friday.

“Rachel said I didn’t look Hispanic,” she said, and that her instructor “doubted that I could share experiences of racial or ethnic discrimination because I didn’t have the appearance of looking Hispanic.”

When Moncy asked Dolezal about her ethnicity, she told her, “I identify as an African-American woman.”

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - kosko - 06-14-2015 10:47 AM

Its all happening. I said maybe 2 years ago now that trannies would be the death for this femenist wave.

This has to keep momentum. Watch a decoy get thrown out, likely one can preidct a celebrity be naked by Thursday to dsitrsct the masses, but likely the seed has been laid and it is too late.

Rachel might be a angel sent down from the clouds if she succeseds and comeplety tossing modern femenism/SJW wave crap into the abyss.

There is no Tumblr post or dodgy textbook to bail them out. It is a wave of articles trying to moan and lecture that the common person is stupid for using logic to see that Raechel and Bruce Jenner are the same thing. None of these articles make sense and use more twitter posts as sources to try and back up thier shoddy claims.

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - el mechanico - 06-14-2015 11:01 AM

Betcha she ends up with a reality show. Maybe moves in with Bruce or?

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - Quintus Curtius - 06-14-2015 11:14 AM

It's impossible not to be amused by all this. The feminists, SJWs, and leftist freaks are more frantic than a colony of bees whose protected hive has been attacked by a honey-badger.

They literally are freaking out.

They've let the cat out of the bag on this, and now they'll have to deal with the consequences. They opened the door to all this, and now the monster is in the living room.

We may see women's sports now become dominated by trannies...bodybuilders in dresses. Then we'll see how much they like that outcome.

And all the special, protected, anointed groups are going to see their territories invaded as well. If anyone can be anything, then anyone can declare himself to be anything.

The dorks have sown the seeds of their own downfall.

Laugh4

RE: Spokane NAACP leader under fire for falsely portraying herself as black - el mechanico - 06-14-2015 11:19 AM

^ I'd love to see a bunch of ex transgender hockey players do roller derby.