Roosh V Forum
Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage (/thread-56076.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - WalterBlack - 05-28-2016 02:26 AM

Outrage erupts over 'racist' detergent ad

Quote:A black man and a young Chinese woman are flirting, as he leans in for a kiss she thrusts a detergent capsule in his mouth and bundles him into a laundry machine.

She sits atop the machine as the man spins and screams inside until, to her apparent delight, out pops a handsome Chinese man dressed in a clean, white t-shirt.

This staggeringly offensive advert is attracting outrage on both the Chinese and wider web, with users blasting it for being racist.

"My god," wrote one user on Weibo, China's version of Twitter. "Don't Chinese marketing people get any education about race?"

"If you don't understand why it's racist, congratulations, you're a racist," wrote another, after some commenters tried to defend the ad.

Stigma and stereotypes

The ad isn't even original. It seemingly rips off a similar, and also offensive, Italian advert, in which an slim Italian man is washed with "color" detergent and emerges a muscular black man with the slogan "Color is better."

The company behind the Chinese ad, Qiaobi, did not respond to requests for comment from CNN, and has not addressed the growing outrage on the Chinese web.

This wouldn't be the first time ads in China have been accused of racial insensitivity, there was considerable criticism online after the Chinese posters for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" seemed to downplay black actor -- and co-lead -- John Boyega.

While a large number of Africans live in China, particularly in southern Guangdong province, many have complained of facing discrimination and prejudice from locals due in part to a widespread stigma against dark skin.

That stigma also exists in other Asian countries, a Thai beauty company was forced to withdraw an ad and issue an apology after it released a commercial saying "just by being white, you will win."

Chinese ad:

Italian original:

What's your view on this?

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - GlobalMan - 05-28-2016 02:30 AM

(05-28-2016 02:26 AM)WalterBlack Wrote:  What's your view on this?

My view is that I'm glad that most Chinese don't take this kind of shit too seriously.

It's simply a silly detergent ad.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - CaptainChardonnay - 05-28-2016 02:49 AM

Pretty funny

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Centurion - 05-28-2016 02:54 AM

I just can't take the ads seriously when their hairstyle isn't even the same after the wash.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Paracelsus - 05-28-2016 03:04 AM

Race thread?

What could possibly go wrong?

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Space Cowboy - 05-28-2016 03:06 AM

What is this forum now, Jezebel? It's not racist, it's just a funny (not funny) ad. Thankfully (and ironically), the Chinese haven't had decades of cultural Marxist indoctrination to jump and scream at dog-whistle trigger words like the West has. Is it racist? "Yes, of course!". Why? "Because there's black person in the commercial." Okay...

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Mage - 05-28-2016 03:06 AM

Let me guess, the original italian ad was not called racist, altrough it is just as offenisve.

The chinise ad is perfect for use within china - it implies a local man is better then an immigrant foreigner - very patriotic. It's targeted to chinese women and works well it's not meant for foreign SJW's who called it racist.

The original italian add is pretty cuckish in it's nature trough, implying a native men is inferior to non native race for Italy.

This is a tipical example of asians taking an white idea and making it better.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Fast Eddie - 05-28-2016 03:09 AM

Where was the outrage over the original ad? Kinda missed it...unless.... there wasn't any!

Mindblown

Now I'm going to have to wrack my brain for weeks trying to figure out why only one of those ads caused outrage. Dodgy

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Space Cowboy - 05-28-2016 03:19 AM

(05-28-2016 03:09 AM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  Where was the outrage over the original ad? Kinda missed it...unless.... there wasn't any!

Italy is Eurofabulous and hasn't been globally relevant since the late 19th century...

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Phoenix - 05-28-2016 03:35 AM

Would bang the Chinese chick after she turned me Chinese with her racist washing machine.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - germanico - 05-28-2016 03:43 AM

Its funny. The politically correct crowd has no humour.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Conscious Pirate - 05-28-2016 03:48 AM

Its fucking hilarious.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Horus - 05-28-2016 03:57 AM

Well, after seeing that ad, I'm shocked and I will certainly never buy this product - I'd be pissed if a washing detergent turned all my clothes yellow.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - CleanSlate - 05-28-2016 04:52 AM

Found the ad funny. People need to chill the fuck out.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - redpillage - 05-28-2016 05:01 AM

Fuck how awesome, that ad made my day :-)

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - JohannesAusPrag - 05-28-2016 05:09 AM

This is most likely its inspiration.

Its an fake ad from old Czech satirical series "Česká soda" which is based on fictional situation that Germany won 2nd WW and we are now part of reich.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - porscheguy - 05-28-2016 05:10 AM

The original Italian ad wasn't denounced because it promoted the SJW narrative. As for the outraged Chinese people, I'll believe it when I see it. Odds are, those who are outraged are most likely western SJW plants who happened to take a few lessons in Mandarin so they could cry victim over there.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Saweeep - 05-28-2016 05:30 AM

It's odd that the product seems to have turned the black guy not only whiter but also gay.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - cubanlinx - 05-28-2016 05:35 AM

Well, everybody knew that the Chinese aren't the biggest fan of black and brown people. No surprise about the exchange.These SJWs should be happy that the black guy landed that part. The ad got a chuckle out of me as well.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - aSimpNamedBrokeback - 05-28-2016 05:55 AM

I wonder if it also shrunk his penis?

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Mentavious - 05-28-2016 06:01 AM

I am just shocked the Chinese would have a black dude in any commercial period.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - rawbeefcake - 05-28-2016 07:35 AM

(05-28-2016 05:55 AM)aSimpNamedBrokeback Wrote:  I wonder if it also shrunk his penis?
Na this black man was cold-washed, separately

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Fortis - 05-28-2016 07:51 AM

Something probably shrunk in the wash.

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - Sam Malone - 05-28-2016 07:56 AM

[Image: sworldcalgon4yu.jpg]

RE: Racist Chinese Detergent ad Causes Outrage - britchard - 05-28-2016 07:58 AM

I did laugh, but it is racist. It's saying that black people are dirty and that you can wash them to find a 'cleaner' (see better) person underneath.

However I don't care. China can do what it wants, none of my business.