Roosh V Forum
How should I have played this? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Newbie Forum (/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: How should I have played this? (/thread-73648.html)

How should I have played this? - Stonk - 07-11-2019 05:26 AM

So I was pinging this girl I approached in a cab. We really hit it off. She was laughing at my mediocre jokes and even reminded me to take her number upon disembarking the cab.

We begin chatting on WhatsApp and I accidentally spill that I'm not really a romance kinda guy. She gets upset and says she can't be with me.

I felt it was a shit-test so I made fun of the whole romance thing (I made sure I included emojis so she'd know I was pulling her legs). Should I have backed off the topic? Agreed with her? I felt either would cede the frame to her. Your thoughts?

RE: How should I have played this? - The Catalyst - 07-11-2019 08:00 AM

You probably shouldn't have said that for that girl but it might've been unknowable before that happened.

RE: How should I have played this? - Obermarschall - 07-11-2019 09:19 AM

In Germany people say: 'Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold'.
In English it translates into silence is golden. Don't overtalk, especially about things you were not asked to.

RE: How should I have played this? - dirty_old - 07-12-2019 12:53 AM

just radio silence then try again in a few days to a week with a whole new topic. if she is interested she will reply. You have no need to get caught up in some back and forth so early in an interaction.

Looking back at your text exchange, I bet you might be able to pinpoint a place where you could have ignored what she said, changed the topic, or something like that. You fell into her frame too easily.

In the future: Try to cut out the fluff, lead towards meeting up, follow roosh's text guide in game if you have to.. focus on getting her out / meeting up. avoid humor if there is any language differences until you get a better feel for it..

a (mild) joke about how you want to plan something romantic or saw something "romantic" and thought of her or whatever would be my personal approach but I have no idea if that's something that would be congruent in your situation