Roosh V Forum
Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary (/thread-73688.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - WalterBlack - 07-16-2019 02:25 PM

Brand new documentary about incels. Mentions Elliot Rodger and Alek Minassian

Inside The Secret World Of Incels – The Men Who Want To Punish Women

Quote:First came Elliot Rodger, the 22-year-old who shot and stabbed six of his fellow students to death in a premeditated attack at the University of California in 2014. In a chilling final YouTube video, he explained his motive: furious that he was still a virgin, he wanted to punish women (an entire gender, no one in particular) for not being attracted to him and prove that he was "the true alpha male".

Rodger was a self-described 'incel' – short for 'involuntary celibate' – and his deadly attack brought attention to a hitherto under-explored global community of sexually frustrated men, irate at women who they believe deny them sex and relationships (although the term was originally coined more than two decades ago by a woman, who has since denounced its adoption by men). At least three mass killings in North America, which have mainly targeted women, have since been inspired by Rodger, including Alek Minassian, a 25-year-old with no criminal history, who murdered eight women and two men in April 2018 in north Toronto, citing Rodger as his inspiration. "The Incel Rebellion has already begun!... All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!" he posted on Facebook before his violent van rampage.

Despite existing largely online and often posting on public forums (some of which have up to 40,000 members), incels are a closed community who prefer to hide their true identities. Take a recent article on The Cut about the trend for extreme plastic surgery among incels vying to become conventionally attractive 'Chads', in which those interviewed insisted on anonymity and said things like: "I need a new social circle, a new identity, a new life. I’ve been thinking of leaving my country."

Somehow, the team behind a new BBC Three documentary, Inside The Secret World Of Incels, managed to convince three self-described incels to share their stories on camera – and the results are disturbing.

"Maybe if Elliott Rodger wasn’t bullied by females, none of that would have happened," says the first incel we meet, who goes by 'Catfishman' and admires Rodger because of his similar struggles on the dating scene. Catfishman, whose face remains covered throughout by a mask, describes himself as "a legend in the community" for the way he deceives women by posing as male models online and posting videos of the hostile IRL encounters. "If these females aren’t treating these guys with respect, they’re gonna kill them... That’s just life."

Humiliating women in this way, often after receiving sexually explicit photos and videos from them, Catfishman says, is 'retribution' for the more than 100 rejections he's received from women: "It makes me feel good." He experiences other forms of gratification too – admitting to masturbating to the women's sexual pictures and videos, and describing the praise he receives from fellow incels for his confrontation videos as "way better than sex".

We also meet Matt from New York City, who was drawn to the incel community after unsuccessful attempts at dating. Matt describes his community online, on forums like Incelistan (a self-proclaimed "non-violent, gender inclusive incel forum"), as a "source of comfort". "It’s beneficial to me in the sense that knowing that having dating problems" is "completely normal", he admits.

But Matt also talks us through the darker corners of the incel internet, where sanctioned rape and state-sponsored girlfriends are often discussed and memes and photoshopped images featuring Rodger are shared widely. From there, he believes, it’s a "very slippery slope towards acts of violence".

Dr Kaitlyn Regehr, an expert in digital culture from the University of Kent, who has been researching misogyny online for the past five years and Rodger’s actions for a year, says incels are a manifestation of the zeitgeist. "We live right now in the age of the hate crime", she explains, adding that Rodger's crime "flipped the switch" to turn the actions of a community that had previously operated mostly online to "a community that has the potential to carry out real acts of violence".

Unlike much existing coverage of the incel movement, Inside The Secret World Of Incels explains why so many men feel bitter and hateful enough towards women that they're willing to kill innocent people and even themselves (as in the case of Rodger) for their 'cause'. Many men feel alienated and isolated by mainstream society, Dr Regehr explains, while others are living difficulties like mental health issues ('mentalcels' are a subset of incels), autism or traumatic upbringings, all of which enhance their "risk of being sucked into the darker side, the more violent side" of the community.

"It’s really easy to look at the incel community and say those guys are totally obsessed with sex, those guys feel entitled to sex, but it’s not as simple as that. It’s not just that they feel isolated by women, they feel isolated by society in general," Dr Regehr says. "For some, the online forums are a haven to joke, vent and find support in a world where they are struggling to find an identity and where gender relations are changing dramatically," she says.

Take the section of the incel internet that's fixated on 'looksmaxing' – like the forum Looksmax.me, which is dedicated "to the art of improving your appearance to achieve your greatest aesthetic potential". We meet James, a "kissless, hugless, handholdless virgin" (or KHHV in incel parlance) from County Down, Northern Ireland, who says he’s an incel because his insecurities, anxiety, mental health problems and troubled upbringing stood in the way of his ability to form relationships with women.

It becomes more difficult to feel sympathy towards James, though, when he recites the song he wrote about Rodger during his "darkest point" a few years ago: "Elliot Rodger Meme Incel Trap Version 2", which is still available on Soundcloud. Smiling, he reads the lyrics: "Riding through the city like Elliot Rodger/ Can’t stop me now/ Bitch, you ain’t no bullet dodger..." He laughs: "Suck on my nuts as I blow out your guts."
Dr Regehr is worried that it's "very likely" we will see another attack in the name of involuntary celibacy soon. She cites a dearth of discussion around the mental health impact of digital culture as a key contributing factor. "The police should be looking at this in the same way they look at religious extremism online."

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Syberpunk - 07-16-2019 02:52 PM

I actually watch the Just James fella, he is a decent personable fella.

The bastards at the who so moral BBC make bits of him in the documentary.
They can not let this sentiment or empathy rise for men such as him, MGTOW, Incel or otherwise.

Expect a single man tax for the ones who get away.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Caduceus - 07-16-2019 03:14 PM

Most of the BBC content is decided & controlled by jews.
Not sure what you guys expect.

Only way to escape - stop watching and listening to jewish fairy tales.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - RedKurrant - 07-16-2019 03:30 PM

Fuck me, enough of this Jewish conspiracy bullshit on the forum. Let's actually stick to the topic before going on a ridiculous tangent.

Moving on...

Most of the guys in this doc seem alright (apart from the guy in the mask, he is literally insane and needs professional help). Just need to have the belief in themselves that they are better than they think they are, and work on their inner game. Easier said than done I guess.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - DannyAlberta - 07-16-2019 03:43 PM

Is it just me or is one of the biggest weaknesses of the "incel" community the utter inability to interpret social and culture cues and signals?

Were I an incel, I would never openly identify as one. It should be obvious to everyone that it is license for the media and girls to obliterate you. Naturally, that is exactly what BBC did.

There used to be a social contract that the media wouldn't seek to publicly humiliate weaker people in society, but it has largely evaporated under the cultural and political imperatives to make heterosexual males look as bad as possible. If you don't recognize the NPC agenda and the easy target you make as openly identifying as an "incel", some of getting dragged is also on you. Not all of it, since the BBC is also to blame.

Don't get me wrong. I feel sympathy for these guys. I just wished they were smarter. They seem to think they are going to get attention and assistance the way a modern special interest group would. That was never the BBC's plan and it ought to have been obvious.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Manbeline - 07-16-2019 03:59 PM

Incels is just the new word for nerds, after the mainstream took nerds beneath their wing. It's the same thing, just a different name and different time. I came from that environment and I can tell you that there is no way they will wake up from it. They're too inept and lack confidence. They use video games and fiction to live out their power fantasies, thus a lot of "incels" being good at video games or being obsessive in a MMO. What is very interesting is that there was a time when nerds were socially smarter. They were aware of the environment and society, and criticize it easily cause they were a lot more logical than today's nerds. Today's nerds are dumber. They don't read or learn as much while sticking their heads in easy entertainment. They're also way more feminized and are the modern definition of liberalism. The older crowd were true liberals, but they had a lot more leaning toward conservative/ libertarian values, which is why they were a lot more sociable. And still are.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - crystalcastle - 07-16-2019 04:04 PM

(07-16-2019 03:43 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  Is it just me or is one of the biggest weaknesses of the "incel" community the utter inability to interpret social and culture cues and signals?

Were I an incel, I would never openly identify as one. It should be obvious to everyone that it is license for the media and girls to obliterate you. Naturally, that is exactly what BBC did.

I'll watch this documentary tomorrow, but if it's anything like something I've seen about incels previously, an awful lot of these lads have genuine autism. Socially awkward/inept, weird personalities, etc. They have no idea how to talk to women without coming off as creepy, which explains why a lot of them aren't only virgins but kissless as well.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - The Catalyst - 07-16-2019 04:49 PM

(07-16-2019 03:43 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  Is it just me or is one of the biggest weaknesses of the "incel" community the utter inability to interpret social and culture cues and signals?

I would say if you define incel as haven't had (hetero)sexual relations in the past 3 months but want to, then at least 30% of single guys in the west, perhaps 50-60% are incel. Therefore, what you have is actually an overwhelming majority of incels who don't join the community. Of course you don't see the incels who aren't in the community etc etc.

I think the incel community is hilarious. They can get a little extreme though. However for the most part it's all in good fun- from my perspective anyway.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Captainstabbin - 07-16-2019 05:03 PM

It's not enough for women to just dislike or insult guys who can't get laid, now they have to accuse them of being a hate group.

One girl actually says, "I can get shot because someone thinks they're entitled to sleep with me." You can also get shot because someone thinks Allah demands it, I don't see any classes about the dangers of Islam. You can get your life ruined by a false rape accusation, I don't see any classes about how to identify and avoid evil women...that lecture would probably be considered hate speech.

Singling out incels seems like the definition of kicking a man while he's down.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Foolsgo1d - 07-16-2019 06:02 PM

Some IG chick had her neck cut wide and deep by some dude she used as an orbiter. Posted pictures to her IG and messaged her mother as well.

As the scales tip further more of these guys are going to start showing up and popping off. Its contagious.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - captain_shane - 07-16-2019 06:37 PM

Guy with the mask needs to get his ass beat. One of the biggest losers I've ever seen. Ironically I think he actually has good potential for game. He needs to get the shit beat out of him first.

Second guy with the dogs needs to work on his tonality, assertiveness, and hitting some weights. Seems like a good person.

I think the real issue with incels is that they've built their identity around being complete losers that can't ever get a woman. Constant reinforcement of this image via online forums is devastating for these men's psychological health.

These dudes need to get off the internet and start interacting with people as normal human beings.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Yatagan - 07-16-2019 07:05 PM

(07-16-2019 03:43 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  Were I an incel, I would never openly identify as one. It should be obvious to everyone that it is license for the media and girls to obliterate you. Naturally, that is exactly what BBC did.

No kidding, one us basically outing themselves as a social leper by openly identifying as one. You'd be better off identifying as a brony or a furry.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Vladimir Poontang - 07-16-2019 07:16 PM

They should say what women love to say : I'm celibate.......by choice.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Chiosboy90 - 07-16-2019 08:32 PM

Why no one is talking about that incels were raised by mothers and educated by female teachers (mostly) ?

How many of those incels had a strong father to look up to? Funny how those experts and PhD Psychology faggots never even cross the impact of being raised mostly female. What they even do in Universitys?

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Sword and Board - 07-16-2019 10:58 PM

Seems like they’re trying to shame men that aren’t buying into the modern sexual market place lest a huge number of men stop participating from propping up the system. They’re using the most ludicrous examples to hammer it home.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - N°6 - 07-16-2019 11:46 PM

Thanks to the BBC and other media outlets, there are no incels in Rotherham.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Kungfu - 07-17-2019 12:33 AM

Incels literally have nothing to live for. No friends, no family, no partners. If you want them to be productive members of society, don't make them into bigger outcasts then they already are.

And if society wants to reduce the damage done by the extreme fringe, they need to understand the root causes, not dish out more social stigma and shame.

It's disturbing how society handles male incels. They're treated like animals, yet they're society's invisible son or brother.

Some women, who for all intents and purposes SHOULD be incel, aren't because society accepts or even glorifies their incelish flaws.

Then they turn to the weakest group in society and bring out the pitchforks.

This piece of work should be an incel, but in clown world she's the covergirl of a sex magazine.

[Image: 38436.jpg]

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Rorogue - 07-17-2019 12:41 AM

They ain't missing out on anything, the way women are today.
I was sexless for a couple of years (moreso too timid to talk to the girls who were attracted to me) until a year or so ago.

Got some...ummm..hugs...in the last year, and now truly realise that these women today possess very little that would make me happy.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Barron - 07-17-2019 12:48 AM

The guy in the mask doesn't represent anyone. He is an actor playing the role of leftist self-projection. He encapsulates everything that leftists feel about themselves, and per their MO, men are the scapegoat.

It's the epitome of modern journalism - facts are inconvenient to the narrative.
That's why they're always quoting an "anonymous source". This allows them to say anything and that's the point. A narrative is not news, but if you use an anonymous source, or in this case the most extreme example that exists, you can represent your narrative as news. Doesn't anyone find it rather convenient that the guy in the mask is saying everything that a BBC exec (probably a pedo/misogynist) would want people to believe about men?

Yet another anti-male smear job by the MSM. Designed to keep men and women angry and afraid and divided. Nothing to see here.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - david.garrett84 - 07-17-2019 01:39 AM

(07-16-2019 05:03 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  It's not enough for women to just dislike or insult guys who can't get laid, now they have to accuse them of being a hate group.

Hilarious when we consider that virgins with keyboards have replaced the Third Reich as the boogeymen of 2019.

The Left treats men who’ve never been laid as seriously as my grandfather treated the German Wehrmacht trying to invade his country in the 1940s. What a comical turn of events.

My grandfather’s regiment was slaughtered by the Luftwaffe and then mopped up by the panzers and motorized Heer infantry but thank the Lord that new heroes from the BBC can throw back the pussy-less contemporary fascist menace!

We are so starved for existential white man bad threats in modern times that this documentary is what sends shivers down the spines of people.

God help us.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Sword and Board - 07-17-2019 05:55 AM

(07-17-2019 01:39 AM)david.garrett84 Wrote:  
(07-16-2019 05:03 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  It's not enough for women to just dislike or insult guys who can't get laid, now they have to accuse them of being a hate group.

Hilarious when we consider that virgins with keyboards have replaced the Third Reich as the boogeymen of 2019.

The Left treats men who’ve never been laid as seriously as my grandfather treated the German Wehrmacht trying to invade his country in the 1940s. What a comical turn of events.

My grandfather’s regiment was slaughtered by the Luftwaffe and then mopped up by the panzers and motorized Heer infantry but thank the Lord that new heroes from the BBC can throw back the pussy-less contemporary fascist menace!

We are so starved for existential white man bad threats in modern times that this documentary is what sends shivers down the spines of people.

God help us.

Assuming your story is real, the real sadness is the fact your alleged grandfather unknowingly died fighting for an elite that has worked tirelessly to bring about this modern state of affairs.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Days of Broken Arrows - 07-17-2019 09:30 AM

Here is how I see it:

Corporations took the wives men would have had and made them workers. Then corporations mocked the very men whose lives they upended.

This is the Big Brother version of the Alpha jock in high school stealing your girlfriend. Except this time around, you can't fight against the Alpha jock or devise some end-run (like being in a cool band) to get the girl.

Because now your would-be girl has been taken to a place far worse than the local pizza joint. She's a "sales executive" jetting off to Paris while the Alpha Corporation dangles bonuses in front of her that no would-be husband her own age could ever match.

Incels are what happens when you get multiple generations of what I just described.

I got into this a bit more on another thread, if anyone is interested. I see all this as corporate-driven and I see "incels" not as enemies but as unwitting victims of a larger system all of us support each time we buy something that has logo on it.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Manbeline - 07-17-2019 09:48 AM

(07-17-2019 09:30 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  Here is how I see it:

Corporations took the wives men would have had and made them workers. Then corporations mocked the very men whose lives they upended.

This is the Big Brother version of the Alpha jock in high school stealing your girlfriend. Except this time around, you can't fight against the Alpha jock or devise some end-run (like being in a cool band) to get the girl.

Because now your would-be girl has been taken to a place far worse than the local pizza joint. She's a "sales executive" jetting off to Paris while the Alpha Corporation dangles bonuses in front of her that no would-be husband her own age could ever match.

Incels are what happens when you get multiple generations of what I just described.

I got into this a bit more on another thread, if anyone is interested. I see all this as corporate-driven and I see "incels" not as enemies but as unwitting victims of a larger system all of us support each time we buy something that has logo on it.
And I can tell you now, biologically, it's impossible for a woman to feel submissive to a man if he's below her salary. Absolutely impossible. And the man biologically is emasculated just by being in a lower league than her, so neither can feel attraction for the other. It's just impossible. The man feels more like a slave or servant, at that point, he doesnt feel like a man at all.

They speak that we live in a patriarchy, but our society is majority matriarch right now. Our policies, our legal system, everything is a matriarch and it's no surprise it's destroying all order. For as many psychologists have said, women are chaos in nature, and men are the order that has to keep them in place. Our men are lacking. In a real ordered society, men would be encouraged to work and provide, women and children would be regulated to safer, more gender-quality roles, aka things that actually fits them mentally and physically, and we would have better values related to not fucking over your common man. And most of all, allowing a free market from the state in any way possible.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Rorogue - 07-17-2019 11:26 AM

Just watched the documentary.

The tall skinny dog guy- I knew a guy just like him in high school and college. Same look except he was blonde, same humor, same quirky and artistic way of talking.

The guy was a poon slayer without even trying. He had nice looking girlfriends at 17, and was cheating on them.

This makes me think that incel traits have a lot to do with attitudes and upbringing. If you only look at the guys that have it easier than you, or the women who wouldn't go for you, you will go crazy. Seems to be what a lot of these guys do.

RE: Inside The Secret World of Incels - New BBC Documentary - Johnnyvee - 07-17-2019 12:06 PM

Minnasian and Rodger did not lash out due to incel-dom, but rather due to a mismatch between their genetics and a novel environment. In other words, they suffered from the side effects of an industrial diet, which we all do to some extent if we consume it.

For some people the consequences are more acute however, which is the real cause of mental disease. Then you make it even worse with medications, which often is the factor that allows the affected person to lash out and forget all about the ramifications to himself and others. For every Minnasian, Rodger, Andreas Lubitz, (german wings pilot) and school shooter, there are much greater numbers of "lesser events," like suicides, killing your parents, crashing your car deliberately etc. Plus all the people that could be helped in general. Of course the stupid cunts of the BBC would never dream of doing any real research, or have the guts to go against industry and State interests.