Roosh V Forum
Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? (/thread-74032.html)

Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Freebird Flying - 09-08-2019 11:17 AM

I can't smoke here in the Phils is there anything detrimental about having a 6 pack of beer once a week after working hard for the other 6 days ?

I'm like 40sh age range....A bit out of shape as is but hitting the gym hard lately...

Maybe I can use this to incentivize my self to work harder during the week, as a reward if I hit my targets / goals or whatever

Cheers!

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - sterlingarcher - 09-08-2019 12:05 PM

I know the UK paratroopers (elite forces) don't drink during the week and then binge at the weekend, so if it works for them...

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - JiggyLordJr - 09-08-2019 12:23 PM

If you're even asking this question, you subconsciously know it's not. Is chugging back a 6 pack ever good for you? If getting drunk while staying in shape is your primary goal, I'd recommend some low-carb spirits instead. Knocking back any 6 pack (even of lite beer) feed will add to your waistline and render you a wreck if you carry the habit into old age. If you like to drink, it's best to stick with wine/whisky/spirits; they'll keep off the visceral torso fat.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Swordfish1010 - 09-08-2019 12:25 PM

Alcohol metabolizes as a poison (acetaldehyde). No amount is good for you, but a 6 pack a week isn’t that much.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Chad's Day Off - 09-08-2019 04:12 PM

I would echo Jiggy. Spirits are way healthier in terms of calories, and carbs. Of course wine is technically the healthiest but a 1.5 oz shot of spirits is only about 90 calories. So I would say 6 shots with some Diet coke, or even regular coke is just a bit better than a beer, all things considered.

I gave up beer because has Jiggy said it played chaos on my waistline. Now I don't have any more issues with it, because I stick to spirits when I seldom drink. For me, it's usually vodka and soda water or a whiskey and soda.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - CaptainChardonnay - 09-08-2019 05:34 PM

No

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - DJ-Matt - 09-08-2019 05:43 PM

Hard seltzer would be better for you, beer just makes you fat.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - tomzestatlu - 09-08-2019 05:49 PM

It´s some kind of myth, that after drinking beer you get "beer belly".
But is there someone, who can confirm, that stopping drinking beer made him lose fat?

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Chad's Day Off - 09-08-2019 06:54 PM

Cut out beer little over a year ago, I was about a 36 waist, and now I'm a 32. Also made tons of lifestyle changes.

As a rule now I only drink vodka or whiskey.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Freebird Flying - 09-08-2019 11:36 PM

(09-08-2019 12:25 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:  Alcohol metabolizes as a poison (acetaldehyde). No amount is good for you, but a 6 pack a week isn’t that much.

Yeah but if it's one or 2 glass of red wine a few days a week it can good for you is that not correct?

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Swordfish1010 - 09-09-2019 12:19 AM

(09-08-2019 11:36 PM)Freebird Flying Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 12:25 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:  Alcohol metabolizes as a poison (acetaldehyde). No amount is good for you, but a 6 pack a week isn’t that much.

Yeah but if it's one or 2 glass of red wine a few days a week it can good for you is that not correct?

Wine has some antioxidants in it, but you can just eat grapes or drink grape juice without the need for alcohol. This being said I love the occasional glass of red wine, but no alcohol is “good” for you.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Simeon_Strangelight - 09-09-2019 04:52 AM

Not every beer is the same beer.

Buy the most independent, traditionally brewn beer you can afford. In Europe that means local German or Czech beer - or even some craft beer.

Most beer brands are highly toxic. There are even assessments of pesticides found of certain brands online.

Though it's true that no alcohol is good for you.

I am personally very sensitive to alcohol because I drink so little. I sometimes had a three day toxic hangover over some that I drank while solid German beer was like lemonade.

My recommendation is high-quality scotch, then some wines and lastly high-quality beer if you want to drink something. The best non-toxic clear buzz I got was from expensive scotch, good German beer was a second, but I would have to import those brands myself.

If you are in the US, then you can research some local craft beers - you would be surprised about the difference in quality.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - whitewashedblackguy - 09-09-2019 05:28 AM

I agree with the spirits and wines, but if you go for wines make sure it's something super dry, not like a sangria. Merlot and Chardonnay is a good start for reds and whites.

I would also add dry ciders to the mix. It's not as terrible as beer and you can check the label so you know how many carbs you're getting. Look for Samuel Smiths organic cider, only 2.9 carbs and easy to find. BevMo has a great selection of ciders in all sorts of interesting flavors and strengths.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Chad's Day Off - 09-09-2019 05:33 AM

It's funny you should mention cider I prefer it over beer. Especially dry ones that aren't horribly sweet. I was never able to find out, via some quick research, whether it has the estrogen like stuff that beer has... That's another reason why I don't drink beer.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Simeon_Strangelight - 09-09-2019 05:48 AM

Yes - ciders are a better choice, but even there - the globohomo ones have sometimes Aspartame and other goodies added.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Chad's Day Off - 09-09-2019 06:39 AM

+1 SS for your niche knowledge of alcohols, including cider. Big Grin

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - ksbms - 09-09-2019 07:02 AM

Depends on your goal - if you are, as you say, 40 and want to cut some shape in the gym, 6 beers a week is a self-sabotage. It will be around 1200kcal extra to your diet (unless you cut down severely on food on that day). All alcohols are simple carb calories, wine has more than beer, what many find surprising.

All alcohol, by definition, is toxic - ethanol is, as another poster mentioned, metabolised to acetaldehyde, and this thing ruins your organism - what you'll be doing to yourself is an internal inflammation your body will keep fighting off for the whole weekend every week.

Best to stop any alcohol consumption. Reward yourself with a healthy smoothie, your body will thank you for that. Beer consumption is to a high degree a cultural habituation and indoctrination by advertising by the companies.

I'm not saying no to an occasional glass here or there, once or twice a month. But a 6 pack every weekend will have detrimental effects long-term.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - ksbms - 09-09-2019 07:09 AM

(09-08-2019 11:36 PM)Freebird Flying Wrote:  

There's been that hype that red wine has resveratrol in it and it has cardio-protective benefits. However, the research is inconclusive. Regardless, to get enough resveratrol, you'd need to drink daily. Moreover, you can buy concentrated capsules of resveratrol over the counter, so no need for wine consumption at all.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - JiggyLordJr - 09-09-2019 07:15 AM

(09-08-2019 05:49 PM)tomzestatlu Wrote:  It´s some kind of myth, that after drinking beer you get "beer belly".
But is there someone, who can confirm, that stopping drinking beer made him lose fat?

It's not a myth, it's reality. Drinking beer = drinking carbs, and for all males, carbs ingested go straight to the belly in the form of visceral body fat. This is the type of fat that kills you in the long run. Aside from rare genetic outliers, men cannot drink beer regularly and maintain low body fat simultaneously. Fasting and/or caloric restriction could possibly minimize the damage to your physique, but for the most part, beer consumption and flat belly maintenance are mutually incompatible.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Kona - 09-09-2019 04:08 PM

I drank a six pack today and I feel great. Youre gonna be ok

Aloha!

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Johnnyvee - 09-09-2019 04:40 PM

(09-08-2019 11:17 AM)Freebird Flying Wrote:  I can't smoke here in the Phils is there anything detrimental about having a 6 pack of beer once a week after working hard for the other 6 days ?

I'm like 40sh age range....A bit out of shape as is but hitting the gym hard lately...

Maybe I can use this to incentivize my self to work harder during the week, as a reward if I hit my targets / goals or whatever

Cheers!

Depends on your race (ancestry) and age in fact. If you`re of Eurasian origin and past 40, it`s time to leave grains, legumes, dairy (agricultural foods) behind for good. Not to mention the industrial food stuffs like HFCS, white flour, seed oils etc. So beer would be worse at your age than for a 25 yo of the same origin. And it would be even worse for a native American, Samoan, Maori etc, than for a say a Persian or Lebanese, even at younger ages. (less exposure to agriculture)

Ethanol is not good for anyone in an isolated sense. But since the adaptation to agricultural foods and drinks (beer goes back quite far in civilizational history) dissepates gradually at post reproductive ages, it`s time to go full on paleo at post 40. A slightly better alternative would be 3-4 glasses if dry red wine a week. In combination with a general paleo diet, I think you would do pretty well with that.

RE: Drink a 6 Pack Once a Week OK? - Chad's Day Off - 09-09-2019 09:57 PM

(09-09-2019 04:08 PM)Kona Wrote:  I drank a six pack today and I feel great. Youre gonna be ok

Aloha!

Lol probably swiped it at the store as a form of reparations.