Roosh V Forum
Rights of Passage and Manhood - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://www.rooshvforum.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Rights of Passage and Manhood (/thread-74100.html)

Rights of Passage and Manhood - flyinghorse - 09-18-2019 09:27 AM

What were your rights of passage to feeling like a man?

I remember feeling like a teen until I was about 25. For me what made me feel like I was an actual adult male were:

- Financial independence
- Adding some muscle mass
- Dating with ease
- Living abroad
- Being able to drive
- Knowing I can handle myself in a fight

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - Leonard D Neubache - 09-18-2019 09:40 AM

First motorcycle. I would have said first car but I got the bike first.

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - BlastbeatCasanova - 09-18-2019 11:24 AM

I think you meant “rites.”

But I agree. I’m in my mid 20’s and while I’m independent and moving upward in life, sometimes I feel like a kid and that I haven’t been truly rested. Others have talked about how the lack of a rite of passage for boys to become men is what has caused the rise in extended adolescence, i.e. 30 y/o “men” playing video games and collecting Pop Funko dolls

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - debeguiled - 09-18-2019 12:04 PM

I remember when Kona made me wear a glove of bullet ants, whose stings resemble molten lead. I was hoping more for something along the lines of a hike up a mountain and a commemorative tee shirt, but he said it was the only way to become a man.

[Image: bullet-ant-glove.jpg]

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - Graft - 09-18-2019 12:16 PM

Your first heartbreak. Getting through it, then having a similar situation where you realize that you don’t care as much and a woman would never hurt you like that again.

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 09-18-2019 03:09 PM

Getting a good paying supervisor position at work and getting married when I was 23 pretty well made me feel like a man. Before that, I was just a college kid, including the first year or two after graduation.

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - flyinghorse - 09-18-2019 11:48 PM

(09-18-2019 11:24 AM)BlastbeatCasanova Wrote:  I think you meant “rites.”

But I agree. I’m in my mid 20’s and while I’m independent and moving upward in life, sometimes I feel like a kid and that I haven’t been truly rested. Others have talked about how the lack of a rite of passage for boys to become men is what has caused the rise in extended adolescence, i.e. 30 y/o “men” playing video games and collecting Pop Funko dolls

I totally meant rites. My mistake.

I used to love video games so much but I had to quit. I couldn't do the whole balanced thing of just doing an hour or two 3 nights a week. For me, if I was into a game, i'd want to play it 4 or 5 hours day and almost the whole weekend at the cost of all my hobbies and social life.

I quit around 23, but I do still miss those lay about days (especially the 8 weeks off in between school/college term) where I could just play all day and go out for the odd beer in the evening.

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - Sombro - 09-20-2019 12:42 AM

Travel.
Either solo or with friends.
Take a road trip across your country and try to get by on $5-$10 a day.
Or go abroad somewhere knowing very little of the language.
Let your survival skills kick in.

Take on extra responsibilities at your job, even if it's a shit job.
You never know -- someday you might outlast your boss.

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - 911 - 09-20-2019 04:23 PM

(09-18-2019 12:04 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  I remember when Kona made me wear a glove of bullet ants, whose stings resemble molten lead. I was hoping more for something along the lines of a hike up a mountain and a commemorative tee shirt, but he said it was the only way to become a man.

[Image: bullet-ant-glove.jpg]

Be grateful he didn't make you wear the bullet ants underwear.

Aloha!

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - JiggyLordJr - 09-21-2019 02:35 AM

Move abroad solo. Nothing turns you to a man quicker than having to learn the ropes on the fly.

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - CDRhodes - 10-01-2019 12:13 PM

Being given a platoon of soldiers to lead did it for me. It was a mental shock. I had people who expected me to have the answers and make some serious decisions. Luckily I didn’t get anyone killed and grew up into a man.

RE: Rights of Passage and Manhood - Donfitz007 - 10-01-2019 02:35 PM

Remember this? http://www.returnofkings.com/125018/5-initiation-rites-to-help-turn-weak-boys-into-masculine-men