Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Is US a good country to become rich?
Beyond Borders Away
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Is US a good country to become rich?
Anyone have good links to articles about foreigners who are paving a path to their fortunes in the developing world?

Preferably real talk and not just hyped-up InternationalLiving.com articles?

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling
05-04-2014 04:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
iknowexactly Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Is US a good country to become rich?
(07-22-2012 04:49 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  After spending time in Asia (third world countries), you also can't over estimate how much you can do in America just saving most of your cash.

If you earn about 100K a year and:

1. Save most of it by living like a pauper.

2. Don't marry/have kids or marry a chick who earns decent coin and also believes in saving most of your income.

3. Take most of your money and invest it properly.

You have a pretty good shot at a pretty high net worth even pretty early on.

It's amazing how much money you could save/blow on a bunch on all sorts of little things.

People are amazed I retired on an amount most here would think is too little, in my 50s after fucking off all through my 20s.

They ask me how and I say "No house, no kids, no car"

I live where I can bicycle to the food store and the bike shop lol and the train station and Hertz.

If I have a contract working for a few months I rent a car for about 150 per week ONLY while I'm working and then it's gone and insurance and repairs are someone else's problem.

"The goal of {amoral} capitalism is to reduce all human interaction to the cash nexus." L. D.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2014 04:47 AM by iknowexactly.)
05-04-2014 04:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes iknowexactly's post:
Giovonny

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | RooshV.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication