I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Tinder App
RandalGraves Offline
Chubby Chaser

RE: Tinder App
Just started using... anyone concerned with height? On okcupid you can filter out the girls who are taller than you. I'm 5'8 and I don't want to end up with a 6' tall girl showing up for a date.
08-19-2013 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Nolecbo Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

(08-19-2013 08:47 AM)RandalGraves Wrote:  Just started using... anyone concerned with height? On okcupid you can filter out the girls who are taller than you. I'm 5'8 and I don't want to end up with a 6' tall girl showing up for a date.

If you post your height in your tagline, the girls will filter themselves.
08-19-2013 09:19 AM
PrettyBoy Offline
Beta Orbiter

I find myself swiping left pretty often
08-19-2013 09:58 AM
reaper23 Offline
Banned

(08-19-2013 08:47 AM)RandalGraves Wrote:  Just started using... anyone concerned with height? On okcupid you can filter out the girls who are taller than you. I'm 5'8 and I don't want to end up with a 6' tall girl showing up for a date.

I always just ask them when we are chatting.
08-19-2013 10:17 AM
Vaun Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(08-19-2013 10:17 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

anyone particularly talented at closing tall girls? I am around 5'9". I get the question about how tall I am all the time. Exploring how I can make the height thing irrelevant in the initial contacts.
08-19-2013 11:25 AM
Therapsid Offline
Alpha Male

(08-19-2013 11:25 AM)puckman Wrote:  
(08-19-2013 10:17 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

anyone particularly talented at closing tall girls? I am around 5'9". I get the question about how tall I am all the time. Exploring how I can make the height thing irrelevant in the initial contacts.

I'm the same height as you. I just boost it up to 5'10''. I've never once been challenged on it. As a matter of fact, most girls if they're even slightly shorter than you may overestimate your height anyway.

5'10''s a good height because it's a kind of cutoff. It's at the point where a man is unambiguously not short.
08-19-2013 12:28 PM
soup Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Tinder is completely dark for now. I think I've exhausted the app and haven't a had new match or any thing in almost a week.

The name Tinder is appropriate. Burned fast and bright and is over quickly. Next.
08-19-2013 01:41 PM
PrettyBoy Offline
Beta Orbiter

Yeah I mean I just found out about it today... not one match yet man lol , I mean not 1 fucking match! I do better on POF and I'm a picky motherfucker. Maybe i'm a few months too late. I'll keep messing with it for a week or 2 and hopefully I'll yield some results.
08-19-2013 01:48 PM
Sleek Offline
Recovering Beta

The problem with this app is it can get boring quick (for guys and girls).

Like others have suggested, I think this was a summer fad. There were moments on Tinder where I would get 10 matches in an hour. My fault for not executing on these leads.

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan
08-19-2013 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sleek's post:
soup
BlurredSevens Away
Wingman
Gold Member

(08-19-2013 11:25 AM)puckman Wrote:  I get the question about how tall I am all the time. Exploring how I can make the height thing irrelevant in the initial contacts.

Whenever an online girl asks me how tall I am, and tells me she only dates tall guys, then I know the interaction is about to die. If she needs to know that information before she will keep talking with me, then she isn't serious about casual sex. Roosh touches on this subject in Bang.

It would be like a guy saying "I only date girls with DD tits." You'd know he was a retard. So when a girl says "I only date tall guys" then you know she's a retard.

Whatever you do, don't answer her directly. Tell her "we're all the same height lying down" and see what she says. Or maybe just ask her how big her tits are.

exception: if you've number closed her, and then she asks, it's likely she wants to know your height so she can plan to wear heels or not when you meet up.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 06:35 PM by BlurredSevens.)
08-19-2013 06:33 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like BlurredSevens's post:
Vaun, jimmypa
RandalGraves Offline
Chubby Chaser

This is kind of disappointing. After 4 days and probably almost 80 likes, I've only gotten one match that didn't respond. I'm getting the impression that this is the "online dating" of online dating--it takes the unequal slant of OKCupid and makes it even more extreme. Imagine if someone came up to you with 10 photos of different girls and asked "Which of these girls are you going to take on a date this week?"

It's kind of funny how lazy the girls are, even in making the SIMPLEST possible online profile. I can't count how many times I've seen girls:

- Post the same photo multiple times
- Post 5 group shots in a row... I have no clue who you are, girl
- Put up their first photo of them with an ugly/fat friend, so if I didn't go into her other pics, I would have skipped her just to be safe.
08-21-2013 09:39 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes RandalGraves's post:
IpsaScientiaPotestasEst
Cattle Rustler Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(08-21-2013 09:39 AM)RandalGraves Wrote:  This is kind of disappointing. After 4 days and probably almost 80 likes, I've only gotten one match that didn't respond.

Same here, I just swipe everything to the right...about 250 swipes and only got 3 results.

Beware of nigerian princess living "1600-2000 miles" away.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.
08-21-2013 09:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cattle Rustler's post:
michelin
Nolecbo Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

I am still new to RVF, so I am not sure - would it be OK to write-up a Tinder datasheet? Basically culling this thread for the best tips plus adding my own learnings, openings, etc with some screenshots.

questions:

1) Would I need to add it to this thread or start a new thread?

2) I am guessing it goes on the Game board, but I noticed that every single datasheet is on the Travel board. Is there a rule against Game board datasheets?
08-21-2013 10:57 AM
reaper23 Offline
Banned

(08-19-2013 06:33 PM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  
(08-19-2013 11:25 AM)puckman Wrote:  I get the question about how tall I am all the time. Exploring how I can make the height thing irrelevant in the initial contacts.

Whenever an online girl asks me how tall I am, and tells me she only dates tall guys, then I know the interaction is about to die. If she needs to know that information before she will keep talking with me, then she isn't serious about casual sex. Roosh touches on this subject in Bang.

It would be like a guy saying "I only date girls with DD tits." You'd know he was a retard. So when a girl says "I only date tall guys" then you know she's a retard.

Whatever you do, don't answer her directly. Tell her "we're all the same height lying down" and see what she says. Or maybe just ask her how big her tits are.

exception: if you've number closed her, and then she asks, it's likely she wants to know your height so she can plan to wear heels or not when you meet up.

i'm a tall guy 6'4" so take this with a grain of salt. but i think there are legit reasons why a girl would literally rule out guys under say 6'0.

sexual dimorphism is an important part of attraction, if a girl is 5'10, for her to date a guy the same size or shorter is probably really hard. especially if she likes to wear heels. a girl is 5'8 can be 6'0 in a flash and towering over a 5'9 dude.

i think its far more reasonable for a girl to ask your height and rule out shorter guys than for a guy to ask about DD breasts.

plenty of girls ask me how tall i am and then continue to express interest in casual sex.

but, since i know its an asset, i usually just ask them how tall they are first
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 11:03 AM by reaper23.)
08-21-2013 11:02 AM
reaper23 Offline
Banned

i swipe right on everything and get about three-five matches per day

most of those i block right away

i've one 25 year old that i am meeting tomorrow for a morning date (my latest go to, I love it)

she works in retail and has a flexible schedule. perfect.

i had an 18 year old, not a bot a real one, hit me up the other day but i just cant bring myself to go that young. she even opened me and kept the convo going. i'm more than twice her age. luckily she is a freshman at a local uni, and not still in high school haha.

got another 22 year old in waiting.

i continue to be surprised at how many 18-25 year old are reaching out to this old man with a beard. its a thing these days.

i like tinder because i'm good with text game, move them off of tinder into text quickly, then gchat and what not right after that. and then just flirt for a while until i'm ready to make a date. much easier than okcupid in not having to write emails and get their attention from the inbox.

i'm having slightly more success with tinder than okcupid id say, and i dont even get to broadcast my height and shit on here either. its purely an instant attraction based on photos.

i like it
08-21-2013 11:07 AM
Nolecbo Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

(08-19-2013 01:41 PM)soup Wrote:  Tinder is completely dark for now. I think I've exhausted the app and haven't a had new match or any thing in almost a week.

The name Tinder is appropriate. Burned fast and bright and is over quickly. Next.

Soup, I am curious - the iOS version of Tinder only has 'block', but the Android version has 'Block' and 'Report':

Is it possible you got reported by some thin-skinned Android girl? If you have time, it would be interesting - set up a new FB profile, and put the pictures on that you want (I would use your first name and a new last name, the girls will never know). Then start over with Tinder.

I have noticed that Tinder is an interactive process (with the algorithms, not just the girls). If I let my matches build up without chatting the new matches dry up. When I send a few texts to clear my box, the matches start rolling again.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 02:21 PM by Nolecbo.)
08-23-2013 02:21 PM
Valhalla Offline
Wingman

is anyone else have issues with this app working?

tinder is buggy. Sad

valhalla
08-23-2013 04:49 PM
AneroidOcean Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(08-23-2013 04:49 PM)Valhalla Wrote:  is anyone else have issues with this app working?

tinder is buggy. Sad

I had issues initially, but the last update fixed them. I've been really shitty about following up on this, but have had some decent matches, I just need to capitalize. I'm definitely impressed with how many reasonably attractive girls there are in the 18-27 year age category that I'm trying to get matched in. We'll see if I can convert any to dates or more.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"
08-23-2013 04:56 PM
BlurredLines Offline
Recovering Beta
Gold Member

This app is a goldmine, at least in the UK. I've introduced 3 of my best guys to it and in their first week every one of them has met up with a girl off Tinder who they rate as 7+ and with minimal effort, and more in the pipeline.
I've got 4 Tinder dates lined up in 5 days next week, all 7+ and one of them is mutual friends with an ex of mine and models. She's a genuine 9.. and the opening few texts i sent her (and all the other girls) are ripped off variants of 'stupid' lines from the site i posted earlier in the thread: http://tinderlines.com/

I'm a newb, who has some decent natural game and text game just from being a bit cheeky and laid back. But this forum is really helping me learn game proper, and i'm starting to see where i have huge holes to fix. That said Tinder is literally made for my natural game, but i am concerned it's going to become a crutch that prevents me pushing myself to get out and approach. It just seems too easy...

(Got a good story from a girl last week: she's just sat down in a pub in London with her friend at a table opposite a couple of guys they don't know who are on their phones. 1 minute later one of them just blurts out "HOLY FUCK!"... and after a few seconds of embarrassment says to the girl.. sorry, but i looked up to see you opposite me about 5 seconds after swiping you right on Tinder..
Of course she swiped left.)
08-24-2013 04:24 AM
Jestx Offline
Beta Orbiter

Anyone else getting absolutely flooded with bot matches lately? I was in NYC and literally 100 bots matched with me in a matter of days. This could really be the end of the app if this isn't taken care of my the devs.
08-24-2013 05:17 PM
michelin Offline
Alpha Male

reading these posts it looks like most guys dont get laid not a single time using this app.

better uninstall, guys?

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)
08-24-2013 06:20 PM
reaper23 Offline
Banned

i have.

and no bots.
08-24-2013 06:28 PM
Cattle Rustler Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(08-24-2013 05:17 PM)Jestx Wrote:  Anyone else getting absolutely flooded with bot matches lately? I was in NYC and literally 100 bots matched with me in a matter of days. This could really be the end of the app if this isn't taken care of my the devs.

That happened to me a few weeks ago, I think they might be scammers from Nigeria or something. Some replied with broken scammer english (use of the word "cos") and some didn't reply at all.

(08-24-2013 06:20 PM)michelin Wrote:  reading these posts it looks like most guys dont get laid not a single time using this app.

better uninstall, guys?

It depends, swipping right all the time won't take more than 5 minutes....it's pretty easy compared to other types of game.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.
08-24-2013 06:36 PM
pheonix500000 Offline
Alpha Male

(08-21-2013 11:02 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  
(08-19-2013 06:33 PM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

i'm a tall guy 6'4" so take this with a grain of salt. but i think there are legit reasons why a girl would literally rule out guys under say 6'0.

sexual dimorphism is an important part of attraction, if a girl is 5'10, for her to date a guy the same size or shorter is probably really hard. especially if she likes to wear heels. a girl is 5'8 can be 6'0 in a flash and towering over a 5'9 dude.

i think its far more reasonable for a girl to ask your height and rule out shorter guys than for a guy to ask about DD breasts.

plenty of girls ask me how tall i am and then continue to express interest in casual sex.

but, since i know its an asset, i usually just ask them how tall they are first

i'm 6'2 and i laughed when saw how girls are. The i dont like short guys because i like to wear heels is nonesense what they are actually saying is i'm embarrased at what other people would think if they saw them in public with a short guy.
08-24-2013 06:38 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like pheonix500000's post:
Cattle Rustler, username
BecomingMachine Offline
Banned

I've been fishing on this app for a few days now and I get TONS of matches (I use it in a new location every few days) but nothing ever comes of them. I will apply the advice in this thread and feel out for myself what does and doesn't work. I think this venue is dominated by girls who are attention whoring and not really looking to bang.
08-24-2013 11:16 PM