I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Tinder App
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

RE: Tinder App
I have an infatuation-hate relationship with this app...

Infatuation: Tons of hot girls
Hate: They all live in a suburb of a locally bordering state (30 min drive) + I don't currently live in a logistically good situation where girls can come over on the reg. Guess I gotta improve on my Tinder-bang-in-the-car game
07-05-2014 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Mister X Offline
Chubby Chaser

(07-05-2014 08:12 PM)Renberg Wrote:  I have an infatuation-hate relationship with this app...

Infatuation: Tons of hot girls
Hate: They all live in a suburb of a locally bordering state (30 min drive) + I don't currently live in a logistically good situation where girls can come over on the reg. Guess I gotta improve on my Tinder-bang-in-the-car game

For me it's the same in terms of love/hate but for different reasons. Some weeks I kill it, some weeks I can't get matched with anybody. Some weeks the girls I'm shown are all knockouts in my eyes, some weeks I can swipe through literally 50-60 girls before I find one I'd consider my type. I love this app. Fuck this app.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 01:20 AM by Mister X.)
07-06-2014 01:13 AM
kavakid Offline
Banned

(07-05-2014 09:33 AM)Hans Dix Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 01:49 AM)DLuzhin Wrote:  You guys have some really long exchanges.

Just ask her out in the first message. If she says no or doesn't respond, just move on. She wasn't going to go out with you anyway.

This is the worst fucking tinder advice I have ever read and completely undermines the existence of game in the first place

The beauty of Tinder is that it seems to encourage a quick match to meet-up turnaround time. If you end up texting the girl for a week its just another OK cupid in my mind. My friend said it seems like sometimes girls actually expect the quick meet-up and won't respond if he waits too long.

I would imagine that 1-3 exchanges would be the ideal range before meeting. But I just started using the app.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 09:44 AM by kavakid.)
07-06-2014 09:41 AM
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

^One piece of advice that was hinted at on this forum before regards the immediacy of the bang. Since girls have unlimited options, only message her when it's convenient for you to go out the next day or two. I've lost out on many opportunities with beautiful Tinder chicks because they hold a 1-2 day attraction. It's naturally the flakiest app on the planet.

If you're free the upcoming Monday, and you match with a chick on the Wednesday before, wait until Saturday or Sunday to chat her up and schedule a date. Get something on the schedule ASAP because more times than not, she'll refresh her page and a hundred other dudes will have messaged her.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 10:48 AM by Renberg.)
07-06-2014 10:48 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Renberg's post:
coverdoc, Vacancier Permanent, STriple-R
Boot103 Offline
Male Feminist

Giving the app a try. I've seen a few people I know lol!

How do you guys go about it. Just like all of them and filter later or actually look at the profiles and then like ?
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 01:46 AM by Boot103.)
07-08-2014 01:46 AM
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

The former -- speed-swipe, filter later
07-08-2014 07:43 AM
coverdoc Offline
Banned

(07-06-2014 10:48 AM)Renberg Wrote:  ^One piece of advice that was hinted at on this forum before regards the immediacy of the bang. Since girls have unlimited options, only message her when it's convenient for you to go out the next day or two. I've lost out on many opportunities with beautiful Tinder chicks because they hold a 1-2 day attraction. It's naturally the flakiest app on the planet.

If you're free the upcoming Monday, and you match with a chick on the Wednesday before, wait until Saturday or Sunday to chat her up and schedule a date. Get something on the schedule ASAP because more times than not, she'll refresh her page and a hundred other dudes will have messaged her.

This is sooo damn true, I've matched with some real knockouts, just my type. Convo goes well but if you can't meet within 1-2 days these bishes loose interest really REALLY fast.

On another note how many message exchanges, on average, do you guys wait before getting the digits? 3 message exchanges, 10? It seems like a lot of chicks i'll have good tinder convos with then it will go cold abruptly.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 10:15 AM by coverdoc.)
07-08-2014 10:13 AM
HankRearden Offline
Chubby Chaser

I'm about to switch to the iPhone and get Tinder.

Since most of you are like, 1+ years ahead of me on this, do you have any suggestions for me?

At this stage, I'm going to be posting pictures of me traveling or dressed really suavely.

I have pretty good online game but I'm not sure how I'll do on here.

Any advice is appreciated.

Currently in: Hong Kong
07-08-2014 11:42 AM
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

HankRearden, the smartest thing you can do is read the most recent 20-30 pages of this thread. You'll breeze through them and they are packed with solid information and advice.

Some aspects of Tinder game discussed recently:
- Initiate the conversation in a unique/vaguely sexualized way. For instance:
"You look like trouble"

- But, it has also been noted that pointing out something about a girl's profile/pictures/moments gives you a higher percentage of getting a response, and it's the go-to opener method for some RVF members.

- Some people prefer to schedule the date on Tinder, while others prefer to get in and get out (get the number as soon as possible). Getting the # is my preferred method, as it helps to differentiate you and gives you an "in" in scheduling the date as soon as possible.

- As I mentioned above -- "If you're free the upcoming Monday, and you match with a chick on the Wednesday before, wait until Saturday or Sunday to chat her up and schedule a date. Get something on the schedule ASAP because more times than not, she'll refresh her page and a hundred other dudes will have messaged her." -- it's important to schedule the date as soon as possible, because the chick will most likely lose interest.

- There's a lot of self-entitlement and attention-whoring on Tinder (What's new?). Maintain your frame, control the conversation and best of luck on your voyage.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 12:42 PM by Renberg.)
07-08-2014 12:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Renberg's post:
HankRearden, Vacancier Permanent
game_ethic Offline
Wingman

Incoming wall of text.. Laugh

Tinder, at its core, is just simple text game: arouse attraction, plan the logistics of the "date," and it's child's play after that. Whether you decide to get the number or not makes no difference. Honestly, I'll ask for a girl's number only to confirm the date—I'll call her a few minutes before our appointed time to see if she's still down.

After I bang girls whom I met on Tinder, I have a tendency to ask them "what separated me from the bunch?" and they'll often say something along the lines of "you were intriguing" or "your opening message made me laugh." The trick to guarantee a reply from girls, especially the hot ones who you know are getting messages from thirsty guys, is to be creative with your openers. Of course, this is only half of the battle—there's still a chance that they will flake. The cold, harsh truth is this: if you're attractive or at least "out of her league," the flaking rate drops significantly; if you're not, no amount of cocky/funny/aloof game will tip the hat in your favor—the exception being the sluts who are DTF from the onset of the match.

It makes sense if you think about it. They'll think to themselves, "Why would I want to meet up with this guy when there are hundreds of other attractive guys in my proximity?" and then it becomes an availability problem—what she's doing at the moment or what her schedule looks like for the rest of the week, how many other guys have already asked her out, and if she finds you interesting enough to want to meet up with you.

There are things you can use to your advantage too. If you're really tall—and I'm talking 5'11" and above—stick it in your bio and you'll find that a lot more girls will message you first. I'm fortunate to be really tall and I use that as leverage because girls find really tall guys attractive. Some will even explicitly state in their profile that they're only interested in tall guys. If you're good at something, and I mean anything, just let it be known in your profile. If you're a musician(my friend who's a musician pulls like crazy on Tinder), put it in your profile. Even the most banal of hobbies will make you seem interesting, and that's the key.

As for pictures, upload a few pics of you doing something interesting: rock climbing, boxing, swimming, with other chicks, etc. As long as they're not "fruity"(kissy faces, selfies with pets, etc), you'll be fine. And contrary to popular belief, bitches do dig the whole "douchebag"-style pics, you know, the shirtless ones where you're putting your body on display. Just don't overdo it and make it too overt—I have one a pic of me in a tank top and shorts jogging with my friend.

As for restart texts, if a girl goes radio silent on you or loses interest and posts a moment a week or a few days later, like it and use it as a basis for your restart text.

...If you're a 10/10 then disregard everything I just said because your dick will already be on a pedestal.
07-08-2014 06:34 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like game_ethic's post:
Renberg, HankRearden, Vacancier Permanent, Earl Grey, JWLZG
Gorgiass Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

I used the pic formula mentioned elsewhere (maybe here too?) - first pic showing good face, preferably smiling (mine only slightly so), second showing sharply dressed, third showing body, optional from there.

My best results have come from pictures showing activities, obviously everyone here knows mirror selfies are online suicide, but for examples, my body shot is just me in a tight fitting sleeveless shirt, slightly flexed and looking out over a valley, sharply dressed pic is in conversation with two other well dressed guys, face pic has a sport helmet on. Demonstrating an interesting life through pics is key.

Gotta run, I'm meeting a DTF Tinder girl in 51 minutes!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 06:41 PM by Gorgiass.)
07-08-2014 06:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gorgiass's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

(07-08-2014 06:39 PM)Gorgiass Wrote:  I used the pic formula mentioned elsewhere (maybe here too?) - first pic showing good face, preferably smiling, second showing sharply dressed, third showing body, optional from there.

My best results have come from pictures showing activities, obviously everyone here knows mirror selfies are online suicide, but for examples, my body shot is just me in a tight fitting sleeveless shirt, slightly flexed and looking out over a valley, sharply dressed pic is in conversation with two other well dressed guys, face pic has a sport helmet on. Demonstrating an interesting life through pics is key.

Gotta run, I'm meeting a DTF Tinder girl in 51 minutes!

I'm meeting a cutie at the same time. Hopefully not the same girl!
07-08-2014 06:41 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Renberg's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Borealis Offline
Beta Orbiter

How should I respond to this wall of text? I was thinking of either texting back something even more ridiculous or make fun of her for telling me her life story.

[Image: Screenshot_2014-07-08-22-57-552.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2014-07-08-22-58-012.png]
07-09-2014 02:15 AM
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

I think you should say something amiable and invite her out for drinks to tell her about your trip or whatever interesting thing you've done. Keep it mysterious and close.

Maybe I'm too soft or don't know American women enough (so take the advice with a grain of salt), but making fun of her in this context doesn't seem like a good option.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 02:27 AM by Handsome Creepy Eel.)
07-09-2014 02:26 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
Borealis, JayJuanGee
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

I would be stuck here too, but have been using McQueen's line when asked what you're doing: "Just taking over the world."

However, in this scenario, I like Handsome Creepy Eel's response because it seems like this chick is attempting to be friendly. She just wrote a paragraph and seems pretty happy to be talking to you. Don't kill the vibe; be amiable.

SIDE NOTE: Beware of not only catfishing, but also of false advertising. Went out with a chica last night whose pictures must have been taken quite some time ago or at some damn good photographic angles. She looked different from what I saw on her profile. I was considering not making a move, but the more the date progressed, the more I realized nothing's going to stop me from getting with a girl who has nice boobs.
07-09-2014 07:12 AM
Vacancier Permanent, JWLZG
casio Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

@Renberg: true - i have checked girls on FB who's tinder pictures were posted in 2010.
The Wall Was Strong In Those Ones.
07-09-2014 08:33 AM
kaotic Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

I deleted tinder again, the unicorn mask and suit had its fun, I gotta use some different pics. My tagline is pretty money but I'm gonna keep experimenting and see what these tinderellas like.
07-09-2014 11:19 AM
Borealis Offline
Beta Orbiter

(07-09-2014 02:26 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  I think you should say something amiable and invite her out for drinks to tell her about your trip or whatever interesting thing you've done. Keep it mysterious and close.

Maybe I'm too soft or don't know American women enough (so take the advice with a grain of salt), but making fun of her in this context doesn't seem like a good option.

I was thinking of texting her back "Whoa there tiger, I think that last paragraph just broke my tinder" and then asking her for her # but I don't know if that would kill the vibe or not.
07-09-2014 11:39 AM
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

(07-09-2014 11:19 AM)kaotic Wrote:  I deleted tinder again, the unicorn mask and suit had its fun, I gotta use some different pics. My tagline is pretty money but I'm gonna keep experimenting and see what these tinderellas like.

Everytime I delete the app, I just match with the same chicks, but I get some new ones in there so it's not too bad.
07-09-2014 11:44 AM
kaotic Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-09-2014 11:44 AM)Renberg Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 11:19 AM)kaotic Wrote:  I deleted tinder again, the unicorn mask and suit had its fun, I gotta use some different pics. My tagline is pretty money but I'm gonna keep experimenting and see what these tinderellas like.

Everytime I delete the app, I just match with the same chicks, but I get some new ones in there so it's not too bad.

You know I do see some of the same chicks match when I create a new account. But most of the time its a new girl. I think I'm just getting bored of it right now, I'm sure I'll be back on in a few days.
07-09-2014 12:27 PM
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

Of course Tinder's going to create an influx of apps with similar concepts (GPS, Facebook-linking, etc.). But, I don't see how it's going to do it as well.

IMO, unless you're in a big city like NYC, LA or Chicago, you're just going to be seeing the same chicks (eventually) over and over again. Some would argue that online/app dating is the way of the future. But, I'd argue the opposite. I think it will weed out the non-confident men and non-alphas.

I'm not at the level where I can, without hesitation, approach any chica I find attractive. But the presence of online game is a confident-booster. Think about it this way:

Everything in the world is taking place online. It would be the outlier who steps out of bounds and makes the real life approach.
07-10-2014 07:57 PM
Mister X Offline
Chubby Chaser

(07-10-2014 07:57 PM)Renberg Wrote:  Some would argue that online/app dating is the way of the future. But, I'd argue the opposite. I think it will weed out the non-confident men and non-alphas.

I'm not at the level where I can, without hesitation, approach any chica I find attractive. But the presence of online game is a confident-booster. Think about it this way:

Everything in the world is taking place online. It would be the outlier who steps out of bounds and makes the real life approach.

That's what I use Tinder for. A booster to give myself confidence to approach. If I get some hookups through Tinder, awesome, but really, I'm playing with house money. It's a way for me to build my game from the comfort of my phone? Plus getting matched with women you find attractive gives you the knowledge that you can approach in real life and maybe even be more successful since all the intangibles that come with who a person is will be present. Which is always a plus for you.
07-10-2014 09:04 PM
kaotic Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-10-2014 09:04 PM)Mister X Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 07:57 PM)Renberg Wrote:  Some would argue that online/app dating is the way of the future. But, I'd argue the opposite. I think it will weed out the non-confident men and non-alphas.

That's what I use Tinder for. A booster to give myself confidence to approach. If I get some hookups through Tinder, awesome, but really, I'm playing with house money. It's a way for me to build my game from the comfort of my phone? Plus getting matched with women you find attractive gives you the knowledge that you can approach in real life and maybe even be more successful since all the intangibles that come with who a person is will be present. Which is always a plus for you.

I'll disagree with you on this, it's a false confident booster. Reason being, you get matched. You don't get rejected (maybe blocked or ignored), insulted, laughed at, etc - you NEED to experience that in real life in order to get better at game.

It's all possible that these girls you match with on Tinder would reject you in real life given the right and/or wrong set of circumstances. Dating Apps should be secondary passive pussy streams compared to approaching and gaming in person.
07-11-2014 11:59 AM
draguer Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

Twenty matches here in Iceland but none of the photos will load

Dodgy
07-11-2014 06:37 PM
Renberg Offline
Chubby Chaser

(07-11-2014 11:59 AM)kaotic Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:04 PM)Mister X Wrote:  

I'll disagree with you on this, it's a false confident booster. Reason being, you get matched. You don't get rejected (maybe blocked or ignored), insulted, laughed at, etc - you NEED to experience that in real life in order to get better at game.

It's all possible that these girls you match with on Tinder would reject you in real life given the right and/or wrong set of circumstances. Dating Apps should be secondary passive pussy streams compared to approaching and gaming in person.
K, I believe that's our point. We acknowledge that Tinder definitely should be a complementary thing to gaming in real life. Understanding that rejection happens and is possible is one of the first lessons of game, one that I'm still in the process of completely comprehending. Essentially, anyone (a 10 or a 4) can reject anyone.

Mister X said, "It's a way for me to build my game from the comfort of my phone" -- and I agree. As a newbie, I built my game up -- not from Tinder -- but from getting dates on Tinder. I got dates with some women who I thought were way out of my league and KILLED it. By this, I don't mean "This is great, I'm out with a hot girl." By kill it, I mean I got these gorgeous girls highly interested in me and what I had to offer in less than an hour, scoring with quality, gorgeous fillies.

Maybe to some, it's a false confident booster. But, personally, in my case, it's gotten me out of my shell. I used to have problems talking to girls. Now, I have them leaning over, asking me questions, telling me how I'm unlike other guys -- I'm "interesting" now. One of the biggest things experienced gamers on the forum say is that reading about game and actually implementing what you learn are two completely different things. And that's why secondary sources to game (RVF, Return of Kings, and even Tinder) are things that inspire actual first-hand, in-the-trenches day-game. And it's these same things that inspire me to keep going and improve my confidence, the way I talk to women, etc. And although I have approach anxiety, it's RVF which led me to Tinder which is in the process of leading me to day-game success.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 08:06 PM by Renberg.)
07-11-2014 08:03 PM
kaotic, Earl Grey