I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread
Independent1 Offline
Sparrow

RE: The Bitcoin thread
(07-24-2016 04:05 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  Woops, I went back to my above post, and I was going to edit a few ideas. I typed out my edit, and then shit, I had gone a few minutes passed the hour limit (so I was not allowed to edit).

So, let me just add a few more points to supplement my above post.

1) regarding exchanges and fees, I had meant to agree with you and say that either you want to ensure that you are doing exchanges that are profitable or at least to minimize or to eliminate fees, as you asserted, and some exchanges have very low fees or no fees. Sometimes by shopping around and having more exchange options, you may find that any particular moment one exchange is better than another, and coinbase might not be as competitive as others, it just depends upon the price movements at the time that you are attempting to do the transaction.

2) Regarding your having access to Chinese exchanges, you may recall that in late May 2016 when BTC prices initially broke out of the $400s, it was a quite interesting dynamic, at least for a while around that time that several of the Chinese exchanges were quite out of wack with the remainder of the exchanges. In this regard, most Chinese exchanges were frequently showing 10% or more higher prices, as compared with other exchanges. Some folks attributed those exchange price differences to the then dynamics within the Chinese economy and concerns about both devaluation of the Chinese currency and apparent increased capital controls in terms of moving money out of the country.

Other theories was that there may have also been some attempted BTC pumping going on in China to attempt to move BTC prices upwards while other exchanges were quite reluctant to follow the Chinese exchanges, but in any event there were arbitrage opportunities based on these various large price differentials for some folks who may have had money in both systems at that time, and especially for those who may have been able to cash out in the Chinese exchanges during that time.

All within about less than a week, there was some correcting going on during that time, and then prices of the various exchanges got more in line, and they have been more consistent in the past month or so, yet in bitcoin, there frequently can come about considerable differences in prices between exchanges for short periods of time, and it is not always easy to read the longer term meaning of such differences, yet if you have money in place in more than one location, you will be able to take advantage of such price differences and lock in immediate profits, which could even be 10% or higher, at times.

3) Regarding my assertion that you seem to be newer to using and monitoring bitcoin, I would be interested in you maybe clarifying that point a little bit, so I do not need to assume so much.. hahahahaha.
I was attempting to assert that folks that are newer to bitcoin sometimes get caught up in looking at short term BTC price movements without seeing a broader bitcoin context. Accordingly, when folks who are newer to bitcoin get into bitcoin, their default view tends to be to attempt to compare bitcoin to some other assets that they know or sometimes kind of assume that bitcoin is a more mature asset than it is, which causes the outlook of these folks to become much more bearish about bitcoin than warranted. I am not really trying to criticize that perspective, but sometimes it is an erroneous perspective because they are failing to recognize the upside potential of bitcoin and its paradigm shifting attributes (which is permissionless decentralized immutability of value that has not been achieved by any other system with such powerful computing backing it). Yes, no matter what, each of us is entitled to our opinion and to come to our conclusions, so I would not want to presume that I have any kind of deeper knowledge about bitcoin beside merely monitoring it for nearly 3 years.

4) Regarding my current bitcoin holdings, they are currently around 95% bitcoin and 5% fiat, and that is mostly the reason that I make more money if bitcoin prices go up. Yet, if I perceive some kind of technical issue with bitcoin or some clear sign that BTC prices are going to go down, I don’t mind changing my allocation to be much higher in fiat.

5) I want to just mention that over the past year or so, my girlfriend has kind of dabbled in bitcoin, and her perspective is quite a bit more bearish than mine, so she tends to be a lot more eager to sell, as compared with me. She does not completely hold off buying, because she already made that mistake before, so she seems to kind of have corrected some of the error of her ways by being inclined to sell more as price goes up and to lock in her profits in fiat.. Though when the price goes up, she does not have as many BTC, but she will tend to have fiat available when the price goes down, and she does not attempt to wait so long in order to buy and in and she just buys in stages in order to have some stake in the game when the price goes back up, which it has been doing for nearly a year now, and we cannot really assert in any kind of convincing way that bitcoin is either out of the bull market or that the bull trend has reversed.

6) I personally believe that BTC prices need to go back into the $400s and to be sustained in those lower prices in order for some kind of declaration that the bull trend has reversed. Having said that, even though I continue to believe that BTC is currently in a bull market, there is no guarantee that BTC prices will continue to go up from here, but it is much too early to assert that either the price trend has reversed or that the fuel behind the current bull market has been used up.

I can confirm I am not so experienced, the method I posted it pretty much all I've done. I managed to avoid fees so I'll probably just stuck to those two exchanges for that, although as you mentioned I'm sure there are others that work too when the timing is right.

I understand your view about the long term investment, it's just nobody know's how "long" the investment is when purchasing, even if you have a set price you're prepared to dump them at. I already regret not keeping a certain number of bitcoins in for the long run though, that's something I'll do the next time the price goes down and I enter the investment.
07-24-2016 08:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Satoshi Offline
Banned

(07-24-2016 07:43 AM)Independent1 Wrote:  I sold my coins at around 730-750 USD each last month. I'm not too sure on when to reinvest, maybe if they go below 550.

Nice trading! Congratulations.
07-25-2016 05:53 AM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Interesting ruling in favor of bitcoin, when guy was charged as a money lauderer for merely selling $1,500 in bitcoins.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/cr...82102.html

Quote:
But Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Teresa Mary Pooler ruled that Bitcoin was not backed by any government or bank, and was not “tangible wealth” and “cannot be hidden under a mattress like cash and gold bars.”

Quote:“The court is not an expert in economics, however, it is very clear, even to someone with limited knowledge in the area, the Bitcoin has a long way to go before it the equivalent of money,” Pooler wrote in an eight-page order.
07-25-2016 12:29 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-24-2016 08:43 PM)Independent1 Wrote:  
(07-24-2016 04:05 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  [edited out]

I can confirm I am not so experienced, the method I posted it pretty much all I've done. I managed to avoid fees so I'll probably just stuck to those two exchanges for that, although as you mentioned I'm sure there are others that work too when the timing is right.

It took me a long time to add bitcoin exchanges and services to my life, and I still consider that I have several more than I would like to add, so little by little, and I have a long way to go.

In other words, probably, you can add more as you may begin to recognize use cases for them regarding what you are willing and capable of doing.

(07-24-2016 08:43 PM)Independent1 Wrote:  I understand your view about the long term investment, it's just nobody know's how "long" the investment is when purchasing, even if you have a set price you're prepared to dump them at. I already regret not keeping a certain number of bitcoins in for the long run though, that's something I'll do the next time the price goes down and I enter the investment.

I think that I am suggesting something a little bit different from your current considerations.

Let's say for example you are really bearish about bitcoin, and you believe that it has a 80% chance of going below $550, then you would save something like 80% of the funds that you are willing to invest into bitcoin for that price point. You should have a bit of an idea about the various price points that you are considering and how much you are willing to allocate at those various price points.

The fact that you are mentioning that you wished that you would have hung on to some of your bitcoin suggests to me that you are not that bearish, and you may want to consider investing 10%, 20% or some other reasonable amount of your BTC funds at some higher price point, maybe even at the current price to invest a little bit just in case the price goes up and does not come down and at least you have a small amount in the game in order that you could sell again, if you want...

In the end, the price points and the amounts are totally in your discretion, and you should not invest any into BTC if you believe that the odds are zero or very close to zero that BTC prices are going up from here (which seems quite unrealistic or uninformed to me - but there are certainly some people who believe with confidence that BTC prices are going down before they go up, if they ever go up).

Actually, I wouldn't mind if some RVF guys had some arguments for the case why they believe BTC prices are going down from here, especially if they have some kind of evidence and/or logic to back up their speculations. I personally have been saying in recent days that I think that the odds are pretty good that we are going to experience a bit of a downward correction of 5% or more before we get an upward movement of prices of 5% or more, but I become more and more skeptical about any claims to larger corrections, even though larger corrections are certainly more probable, but I would think that it is less than 40% odds that we are going to experience prices below $550 - and even lower odds that such prices would be sustained more than some kind of flash crash, absent some significant event(s).
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2016 12:50 PM by JayJuanGee.)
07-25-2016 12:43 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Negative interest rates in the UK could help to pave the way for more bitcoin adoption (or at least trying to figure out a place to store your money and to retain some value)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/201...rest-rates
07-25-2016 07:27 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-25-2016 12:29 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  Interesting ruling in favor of bitcoin, when guy was charged as a money lauderer for merely selling $1,500 in bitcoins.

Quote:
But Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Teresa Mary Pooler ruled that Bitcoin was not backed by any government or bank, and was not “tangible wealth” and “cannot be hidden under a mattress like cash and gold bars.”

Quote:“The court is not an expert in economics, however, it is very clear, even to someone with limited knowledge in the area, the Bitcoin has a long way to go before it the equivalent of money,” Pooler wrote in an eight-page order.

Below is another article that kind of supplements my earlier link.

Apparently part of the sentence of the guy was that he needs to teach police about bitcoin, and I would be interested in seeing what kind of session he develops that would be acceptable to the court.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments...ust_teach/
07-25-2016 11:34 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

It almost seems like we gotta be due for some kind of BTC price action.

Either an upsurge or a downsurge.

We have been floating in this price arena for several weeks, at minimum, and really fairly low trade volume levels that are nothing to write home about... so I say, either direction could come about at some point soon.. but then we may be "tortured" with continuing flat for a few more weeks... haahahahahahaha- which in the end is not really a bad thing, either.

The only action in recent weeks is the ETH / ETC hard forking, and maybe some considerations about whether Bitcoin is going to be able to learn anything from that clusterfuck situation.... surely, it would not likely play out exactly the same way in bitcoin.. but could still illustrate some dangers and uncertainties, which certainly not the kind of thing that inspires investment.
07-27-2016 03:51 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-27-2016 03:51 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  It almost seems like we gotta be due for some kind of BTC price action.

Either an upsurge or a downsurge.

We have been floating in this price arena for several weeks, at minimum, and really fairly low trade volume levels that are nothing to write home about... so I say, either direction could come about at some point soon.. but then we may be "tortured" with continuing flat for a few more weeks... haahahahahahaha- which in the end is not really a bad thing, either.

The only action in recent weeks is the ETH / ETC hard forking, and maybe some considerations about whether Bitcoin is going to be able to learn anything from that clusterfuck situation.... surely, it would not likely play out exactly the same way in bitcoin.. but could still illustrate some dangers and uncertainties, which certainly not the kind of thing that inspires investment.

Here's a linked article that kind of adds to my earlier points regarding possibilities to learn what NOT to do, from ETH's seemingly stupid-ass "consensus" to contentiously hardfork.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments...ppreciate/

Whether these kind of issues denigrate the whole crypto space or not is still to be determined. My sense is that in the longer term bitcoin will be more recognized as valuable because of these kinds of crazy-ass ETH shenanigans.
07-27-2016 05:23 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

The latest estimations seem to be that either one or the another ETF will be approved for Bitcoin by the beginning of 2017, actually, possibly even late 2016.

The below article kind of sums up the situation.

http://www.wealthprofessional.ca/news/et...11198.aspx
07-28-2016 12:07 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-20-2016 03:46 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  
(07-20-2016 03:37 PM)Isaac Jordan Wrote:  I watched a 2015 documentary last night called "Bitcoin: The End of Money As We Know It".

It was short (~1 hour) and definitely biased in a positive way towards bitcoin, but still very informative, even to someone like myself who's pretty familiar with the technology.

It doesn't delve too much into the technical details, but explains things at a high, easily-understandable level. The beginning twenty minutes or so provide an abridged history of money itself, and I especially enjoyed the explanation of the modern day financial system and how fractional reserve banking works.

Definitely a great way to introduce friends or family to bitcoin, if they're unwilling to read a book like Digital Gold.

You can rent or buy the movie on Amazon, but it's easy enough to find a free version floating around online if you're so inclined.

Here's the trailer:

Thanks for pointing those out, they both seem to be really good bitcoin related resources.

Funny that no one had posted either of them previously.

Actually, I was able to come across a free and available link to the above movie that, so far, guys can watch the full movie (which is one hour) for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdU4E8a3wVQ
07-28-2016 12:36 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JayJuanGee's post:
Isaac Jordan, Independent1
BBinger Offline
Kingfisher

So after the ethereum hard fork mess, I guess we can cross off the possibility of anyone sane wanting to hardfork Bitcoin.
07-28-2016 09:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBinger's post:
JayJuanGee
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-28-2016 09:15 PM)BBinger Wrote:  So after the ethereum hard fork mess, I guess we can cross off the possibility of anyone sane wanting to hardfork Bitcoin.

I recall last fall that you were suggesting that chances for a Bitcoin hardfork were becoming greater and greater, and us bitcoin HODLers needed to prepare ourselves for such increasing likelihood of a hardfork. hahahaha.. times have changed a bit, no?

Yes, I agree that this Ethereum hardfork fiasco definitely lends evidence to some gambling that bitcoin should not want to employ -

I believe that I read somewhere that before the hardfork, Ethereum had achieve something close to 80% consensus that a hardfork would be the best direction...

In that regard, they kind of disregarded the 20% that were not in agreement, which causes even more momentum for defectors and really justifies that consensus needs to be a hell-of-a-lot higher than 80%-ish in order that dissension is way too small to gain any kind of meaningful momentum..

In this case, ETC, has a fairly reasonable position to at least hold its own for a while and maybe even to continue to gain support, and may successfully receive more and more material and important defections in the coming months.

Even though there are considerable material differences between Ethereum and bitcoin, this ETH hardfork and the ETC dissension is kind of playing out in similar ways as was projected that Bitcoin Core folks were arguing that Bitcoin did not want to experience.. now we see it and we study it and hopefully we learn some lessons.
07-28-2016 10:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JayJuanGee's post:
Isaac Jordan
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Sure there are ongoing concerns in bitcoin about mining and whether miners can pool together and disrupt bitcoin, and surely if there is colluding from miners, then bitcoin becomes more vulnerable.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/research...51-attack/
07-29-2016 11:38 AM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

It looks like I got about 10 months of decent BTC/USD free trading on Uphold, but now they are changing their fees.. actually increasing their BTC/USD trading fees from 0% to .45%, beginning August 1... in a couple of days.

https://uphold.com/en/blog/posts/uphold/...-structure

All good things must come to an end?

Take advantage of what you can while you can, because it may not be in the future?
07-29-2016 09:34 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-29-2016 09:34 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  It looks like I got about 10 months of decent BTC/USD free trading on Uphold, but now they are changing their fees.. actually increasing their BTC/USD trading fees from 0% to .45%, beginning August 1... in a couple of days.

https://uphold.com/en/blog/posts/uphold/...-structure

All good things must come to an end?

Take advantage of what you can while you can, because it may not be in the future?

I have had some back and forth e-mailing with Uphold support regarding the above described matter, and it appears everything that I said above is true, so this prompts me in a couple of ways.

1) look around at what I am doing with various exchanges that I already use and to figure out if there are going to be better ways to use those services that I already use in order to account for my using Uphold less.. the fees kind of vary between .1% and .25% on other services, but on GDAX, can get 0% on maker fees (that is presetting or stacking the orders)

2) look around to see if there are some other exchanges or services similar to Uphold in which I can get 0% fees for trading or something close to that (of course there is always the consideration regarding security of bitcoin, so I would not want to go with a service that has 0% fees, but it is so rinky dink in size that there are questions regarding whether they are going to run off with my coins - which is also a risk with non-rinky dink services.
07-30-2016 01:34 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-25-2016 11:34 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  
(07-25-2016 12:29 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  Interesting ruling in favor of bitcoin, when guy was charged as a money lauderer for merely selling $1,500 in bitcoins.

Quote:

Below is another article that kind of supplements my earlier link.

Apparently part of the sentence of the guy was that he needs to teach police about bitcoin, and I would be interested in seeing what kind of session he develops that would be acceptable to the court.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments...ust_teach/

Here's another article on the Judge Pooler matter in Florida, in which there is additional highlighting of the spurned discussions regarding whether bitcoin should be considered as a currency, commodity and/or an asset - as seems to be disagreement and potential contradiction between various governmental agencies regarding what is bitcoin, exactly and in what context.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/07/30/judge-...ns-status/
07-30-2016 03:36 PM
Satoshi Offline
Banned

Did you consider starting your own bitcoin thread JJG? Where you can post all interesting links you find. Guys might hesitate to post/discuss in here, when you spam like this.
07-31-2016 12:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Satoshi's post:
Ray Carlton
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-31-2016 12:22 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  Did you consider starting your own bitcoin thread JJG? Where you can post all interesting links you find. Guys might hesitate to post/discuss in here, when you spam like this.

Seems like this remains the most appropriate RVF thread for my bitcoin related posts, whether my posts are about bitcoin news or other bitcoin related content. I don't see any real preference to start another thread for such posts.. in fact creating another thread seems to make little sense. In this regard, you may want to look up the meaning of spam.

It's up to the opinion of RVF guys whether they feel disinclined to post in this thread regarding any bitcoin related topic, whether that is responding to a topic that I raise or any bitcoin related topic that they want to present.

Did you have something that you wanted to write about bitcoin here in this thread? Anyone certainly could look at your recent posts in this thread (especially subsequently around the time that you seemed to have become more butt hurt by selling all your bitcoins nearly a year ago in the mid $200 price territory and preaching bitcoin's doom and gloom at that time). Accordingly from your posts in this thread, we could verify that a large number of your especially recent post in this thread are questionably topical nor substantive about bitcoin.

Even though I continue to suggest that you are butt hurt about bitcoin, your continuing whiney actions also seem to support the arrival at such a conclusion that you remain in a state of bitcoin butt hurt.

Is your bitcoin butthurtedness a bitcoin topic? Could be that some folks are in fact bitcoin butthurt, just like you, so it probably is not a real problem is they were to raise such a topic in this thread, so long as they can kind of stay on the topic of bitcoin...

If you would like to point out any of my posts in this thread that you believe are either dissuading guys from posting in this thread or that you believe are not related to bitcoin, then feel free; however the topic of my posts in this thread that you raise (which seems to be more about frequency of my posts in this thread rather than substance) seems a bit off topic and potentially could dissuade guys from engaging in bitcoin related discussions in this thread. Accordingly, maybe we should limit those self-analysis kinds of discussions - or - you may prefer to report those kinds of supposedly existing posts and/or make arguments about such butthurtness of yours to RVF admin, no?
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 01:48 PM by JayJuanGee.)
07-31-2016 01:17 PM
BBinger
Satoshi Offline
Banned

(07-31-2016 01:17 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  Did you have something that you wanted to write about bitcoin, here in this thread? Anyone certainly could look at your recent posts in this thread (especially subsequently around the time that you seemed to have become more butt hurt by getting out of bitcoin in the mid $200 price territory) and verify that a large number of your especially recent post in this thread are questionably topical nor substantive about bitcoin. Even though I continue to suggest that you are butt hurt about bitcoin, your continuing whiney actions also seem to support the arrival at such a conclusion that you remain bitcoin butt hurt.

Is that a bitcoin topic? Could be that some folks are in fact bitcoin butthurt, just like you.

You should stop writing this. I sold a few coins at $270, which I'd bought a few weeks or perhaps months earlier at $220. The rest of my bitcoins I've traded for another coin, which has since then increased between three to fifteen times in value, (compared to bitcoin, dollar profit is even better) depending on how you look at it. Hence I'm not butt hurt at all. I've made good profit, much more than if I were to stay in bitcoin.

Why don't you tell the story about you buying your first BTC at $1000+ instead? And since then been buying more to lower your average buy in price. Perhaps getting a bit over invested, involving both your mother and girlfriend.

Laugh6
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 01:46 PM by Satoshi.)
07-31-2016 01:44 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-31-2016 01:44 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  You should stop writing this. I sold a few coins at $270, which I'd bought a few weeks or perhaps months earlier at $220. The rest of my bitcoins I've traded for another coin, which has since then increased between three to fifteen times in value, (compared to bitcoin, dollar profit is even better) depending on how you look at it. Hence I'm not butt hurt at all. I've made good profit, much more than if I were to stay in bitcoin.

Your actions seem to speak louder than any details in support of your being bitcoin butthurt. There are a lot of interesting things going on in the bitcoin space, but you frequently seem to come into this thread and raise other topics or engage in some other nonsubstantive comments that come off as whining for the sake of whining. So if you are not butt hurt, maybe you could figure out some better ways to stay on topic without seeming to bring in so much negative emotions. In the end, that is your choice though regarding how you act, but guys such as me, can come to whatever conclusions we deem reasonable about such ongoing whiney behaviors of yours.

(07-31-2016 01:44 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  Why don't you tell the story about you buying your first BTC at $1000+ instead?

I've told this story plenty of times in this thread, so why repeat it? I bought my first 1.24 BTC at $1,200, and I devised a dollar cost averaging practice from there. Initially my investment time horizon was considered 1-2 years and my allocated budget for investing was for the first 6 months. I have been investing in bitcoin, tweaking and revising my strategies ever since, and on an ongoing basis, including in this thread, posting about such ongoing strategies.

What is it about my $1,200 purchase that makes you so exited? think about that.

(07-31-2016 01:44 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  And since then been buying more to lower your average buy in price.

It is called having a plan that is quite common in investing circles, and I have been a sort of advocate here in this thread of such dollar cost averaging and the employment of whatever hybrid version of such strategy that works for guys. I believe that DCA strategy is preferable to investing balls to the walls and other strategies that seem more like gambling, but sure over the years there have been quite a few guys that advocate the balls to the walls type strategies or some strategy that is between DCA and balls to the walls. In the end, the strategy likely does not matter as much as the fact that the guy attempts to tailor a strategy for himself that he believes will work for his circumstances.

(07-31-2016 01:44 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  Perhaps getting a bit over invested,

Yes, perhaps you are presuming too much... because I always invested quite a large portion of my investment related funds into bitcoin (once I devised strategies and over a timeline since November 2013), but I also did not invest any money that I needed in the short term for living expenses or otherwise. Accordingly, I would not describe that as "over invested"

(07-31-2016 01:44 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  involving both your mother and girlfriend.

Over the years, I have involved in bitcoin whoever I believe may be interested. Actually, I did not really say too much to folks until BTC prices had gone down into the $500s in late 2014, and then I began to advocate a bit more about bitcoin with folks that I knew when BTC prices went into the upper $300s I will admit that in late 2014 when prices had gone into the upper $300s and stayed there for a while, around the time of one of the US Marshall auctions, I was pretty confident that the bottom was in (but I was wrong).

Anyhow, many of us should know by now, that when people make investments, they make such investments on their own risk, so in the end their choice to invest in BTC is their choice, and who gives a fuck if I informed them about such. These are not kids, they are adults who can make decisions for themselves regarding their investment choices.

(07-31-2016 01:44 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  Laugh6

Yes, you do seem to believe that you are pointing out some funny and damning facts, but really, I don't consider this as some kind of competition regarding one person being right and another person being wrong.. but this is a bitcoin related thread, no?
07-31-2016 02:18 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Currently a very negative article regarding Coinbase, and questions regarding its solvency.

https://bitflikz.com/blogs/news/critical...-insolvent
07-31-2016 02:28 PM
Isaac Jordan
Satoshi Offline
Banned

I suggested that you open your own thread, perhaps a blog, where you can post whatever interesting links you find and you're respond to that is calling me butt hurt. Let me get this clear; I'm overall very happy with the crypto currencies trades I've done. I got some money to fall back on and I've had lots of fun for the coins I've already earned.

If you think my advice is bad and you want to keep this thread to post links about discussions which barley changed at all in the last four years the well, go ahead.
You who've spent so much time reading and writing about bitcoin should know that it doesn't matter what the government thinks about bitcoin.

Funny thing is, it might be my coins you bought in 2013. Must admit though, I regret I didn't sell more back then before the bubble popped.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 02:39 PM by Satoshi.)
07-31-2016 02:38 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-31-2016 02:38 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  I suggested that you open your own thread, perhaps a blog, where you can post whatever interesting links you find and you're respond to that is calling me butt hurt. Let me get this clear; I'm overall very happy with the crypto currencies trades I've done. I got some money to fall back on and I've had lots of fun for the coins I've already earned.

Yeah... A thread about whether Satoshi butt hurt may be a decent idea, except nobody really gives a ratt's ass about such topic except sensitive Satoshi. So probably, just good enough to include that subtopic in this thread rather than creating a whole new thread.

(07-31-2016 02:38 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  If you think my advice is bad and you want to keep this thread to post links about discussions which barley changed at all in the last four years the well, go ahead.

I've been involved in Bitcoin for a little less than 3 years and sure some aspects are the same, but at the same time, quite a bit has changed, too. There are constant ongoing developments in the bitcoin space, and surely sometimes some of those developments in bitcoinlandia are related to developments in other crypto areas.

If you continue to believe that nothing is happening in bitcoin, then you are free to have your own perspective, and maybe some folks might agree with you? I don't.

(07-31-2016 02:38 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  You who've spent so much time reading and writing about bitcoin should know that it doesn't matter what the government thinks about bitcoin.

I agree that I have spent a lot of time reading and writing about bitcoin, but I certainly don't know everything, and sometimes, I believe that I don't know too much.

Regarding the government, there are a lot of governments, and there are mixed views that are continuing to evolve regarding governmental agencies perspectives.

And, even if bitcoin is immutable and decentralized and censorship resistant, bitcoin does not exist in a vacuum. There are interfaces with other systems, and what various governments think is relevant to the space... and even more so on the interface with fiat systems level.

(07-31-2016 02:38 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  Funny thing is, it might be my coins you bought in 2013. Must admit though, I regret I didn't sell more back then before the bubble popped.

Look at you attempting to retroactively act as if you have been some kind of wise man in respect to bitcoin trading. I have been quite charitable to your various lack of knowledge in a large number of areas, including bitcoin and including some of your stupid ass posts in terms of some of your relationship ideas, but hey, now you are the wise one in respect to bitcoin. right. go figure.

You know that you can have whatever perspective that you want in regards to the forum and whether you feel like you need to compete with guys here, including myself, but in the end, I have no problem finding knowledge with others, even when they are frequently digressing into stupid and emotional zone, as seems to be some of your recent motivations in this thread.

In the end, it should be that guys here can attempt to find some value, to brainstorm and to figure out a path that is personally good for ourselves in respect to our bitcoin investing, or not.
07-31-2016 03:04 PM
Satoshi Offline
Banned

(07-31-2016 03:04 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  Yeah... A thread about whether Satoshi butt hurt may be a decent idea, except nobody really gives a ratt's ass about such topic except sensitive Satoshi. So probably, just good enough to include that subtopic in this thread rather than creating a whole new thread.
Childish you are.

(07-31-2016 03:04 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  I agree that I have spent a lot of time reading and writing about bitcoin, but I certainly don't know everything, and sometimes, I believe that I don't know too much.

(07-31-2016 03:04 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  In the end, it should be that guys here can attempt to find some value, to brainstorm and to figure out a path that is personally good for ourselves in respect to our bitcoin investing, or not.

Except you're brainstorming with yourself. When 80% of the post is from you, and when your post on average consists of five times as many words as any other poster it's no longer a discussion. Hence I suggest that you open your own thread, or even better a blog, where you could rant along all day and perhaps bitcoin discussion would increase in here, when one single poster isn't taking up an extrem amount of space.

Reading all your post including links in this thread requires a few hours a week, at least. I think not many (any) guys would dedicate the time for that since your post or the links included in your post is usually quite low in quality.
07-31-2016 04:36 PM
JayJuanGee Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(07-31-2016 04:36 PM)Satoshi Wrote:  
(07-31-2016 03:04 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  Yeah... A thread about whether Satoshi butt hurt may be a decent idea, except nobody really gives a ratt's ass about such topic except sensitive Satoshi. So probably, just good enough to include that subtopic in this thread rather than creating a whole new thread.
Childish you are.

(07-31-2016 03:04 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  I agree that I have spent a lot of time reading and writing about bitcoin, but I certainly don't know everything, and sometimes, I believe that I don't know too much.

(07-31-2016 03:04 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  In the end, it should be that guys here can attempt to find some value, to brainstorm and to figure out a path that is personally good for ourselves in respect to our bitcoin investing, or not.

Except you're brainstorming with yourself. When 80% of the post is from you, and when your post on average consists of five times as many words as any other poster it's no longer a discussion. Hence I suggest that you open your own thread, or even better a blog, where you could rant along all day and perhaps bitcoin discussion would increase in here, when one single poster isn't taking up an extrem amount of space.

Reading all your post including links in this thread requires a few hours a week, at least. I think not many (any) guys would dedicate the time for that since your post or the links included in your post is usually quite low in quality.

You are repeating yourself. The resolution that you have proposed has already been addressed several times and rejected... and your continuing on and on about this new attack angle of yours does not seem to be adding anything whatsoever, except for maybe just an additional form of trolling and distraction... about some personal topic.. which you should feel free to PM me regarding your ongoing desire to discuss with me personal rather than topics related to this thread.

So, when exactly are you going to post something substantive about bitcoin, rather than continuing to post about your mere dislike of my posting in this thread?

Do you have anything at all to say about bitcoin or a bitcoin related topic that may be helpful for the consideration of guys here?
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 04:52 PM by JayJuanGee.)
07-31-2016 04:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IRS: Bitcoin is not currency assman 23 7,799 07-06-2019 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deepdiver
  Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Profit & Loss Trackers & Capital Gains Calculators jamaicabound 2 4,795 06-01-2019 09:03 AM
Last Post: Dr. Howard
  DACing for Cryptodummies: Hassle-Free and Easy Bitcoin Investing SamuelBRoberts 108 33,460 12-26-2018 08:27 PM
Last Post: redbeard