Tickets On Sale For Last 5 Cities Of Roosh's Tour! Early bird pricing ends soon for Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte. Click here for details.

The NBA Thread
eradicator Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

RE: The NBA Thread
(04-19-2015 06:07 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Ballsdeep,
Try rojadirect.me for watching live the play off games free.

Just found out that NBA pass is basically useless for the playoffs. Can't wait games live as it says I'm in a black out area. Was enjoying the pass so far for the regular season games but can only watch games after they're finished for the playoffs.

Anyone has any ideas to get around this BS?

proxy

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
04-21-2015 05:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
BoiBoi Offline
Wingman

(04-20-2015 03:57 PM)jariel Wrote:  Unless it's Game Seven, one game doesn't mean anything, especially in the playoffs.

It means a lot. If the home team wins the first game of a series, they have an 85% chance to win the series. If the away team wins the first game, it goes down to 72%, I think. Still tough to argue that it doesnt mean anything, though.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015 05:46 AM by BoiBoi.)
04-21-2015 05:42 AM
realologist Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(04-20-2015 04:41 PM)Blackwell Wrote:  jariel has it.

You expect the Clippers to win game 1 at home. Chris Paul has too much pride and fight for that.

Don't underestimate CP3. Anybody who knows basketball will recognise him as one of the greatest point guards in the history of the game despite his playoff struggles.

I picked the Spurs to win originally but I think this is going to go 7.

This will be a tough series and really could go either way. People always talk about CP3 having playoff struggles but that has really only been recently.
When he was on New Orleans he almost single handedly won multiple series and brought these Spurs to 7 games.

Plus you could hardly call 20 ppg. 8.5 assists per game, 2.6 steals per game and 4.6 rebounds per game with 47.4% field goal percentage and 83.7% free throw percentage he has had with the Clippers in the playoffs is struggling.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play...lch01.html

The reason why they call it struggling is because his team has the talent to advance much further than the 1st or 2nd round.
04-21-2015 08:11 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes realologist's post:
Giovonny
Nascimento Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I realize the rounds have started, but I'm still sticking to my original predictions:

Warriors/Pelicans: Warriors in 5
Blazers/Grizzlies: Grizzlies in 5
Clippers/Spurs: Clippers in 7
Rockets/Mavs: Rockets in 6

Hawks/Nets: Hawks in 5
Raptors/Wizards: Raptors in 7
Bulls/Bucks: Bulls in 5
Cavs/Celtics: Cavs in 4

Warriors/Grizzlies: Warriors in 5
Clippers/Rockets: Clippers in 6

Hawks/Raptors: Hawks in 5
Cavs/Bulls: Cavs in 5

Warriors/Clippers: Warriors in 7
Hawks/Cavs: Cavs in 6

Warriors/Cavs:

.. Let's see how things turn out first.
04-21-2015 10:10 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Nascimento's post:
Giovonny, Vaun
Joga Bonito Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

At this point in his career, the criticism against CP3 is valid. There's a few reasons why:
  • Despite having a rep as a pass-first guy, in the playoffs he avg's about 16 shots a game, while also having a usage rate around 26. When you combine this with the fact that he assists on a huge percentage on the buckets for the Clippers in general(around 47 percent), it's easy to see that he is monopolizing the ball and ultimately hurting the offense at times. In the playoffs, their offensive sets often stagnate against elite defenses because of this reason. Their offense becomes entirely too predictable since he kills seconds on the shot clock dribbling at the top of the key instead of moving the rock.
  • Blake actually tends to perform better when CP3 doesn't dominate the ball or even when he is out of the lineup. This was illustrated last year when Blake turned into a complete monster while Paul was out for a stretch during the middle of the season, avg'ing around 29 ppg on 60% shooting during that stretch. CP3 is an absolute assassin(especially from midrange) so running the offense through Blake would not be a bad idea since the squad features a few floor spacers in Crawford and Redick. Isolating Blake at the high post is essentially unguardable especially since he is a very adept passer.
  • Stats tend to overrate CP3's impact. Assists are a particularly overrated stat at face value, when a PG dominates the ball in the fashion that Paul does, putting up numbers is a given. A similar situation happened with Rondo in Boston and later in Dallas where their offense suffered, due to Rondo's inability to play without the ball and Dallas's emphasis on ball movement. The Clippers are one of the most talented teams in the league and have nothing to show for it.
  • Being a "traditional" PG doesn't have the value that it once did. Paul has gotten outplayed or in some cases completely outclassed by the likes PGs like Westbrook and Parker. They have also had infinitely more playoff success than CP3 despite not being "pure" PGs.
  • Despite often being named with the likes of a Magic, Stockton, or Robertson his resume in terms of winning rings or MVPs does not matchup.

He is a great regular season player and it will be interesting how far the Clippers can go this season. However, it is on him to raise his level and the collective level of his teammates since he dictates so much especially on O. If he wants to be known as a all-time elite PG since his resume simply does not matchup, he's got to start winning and fast.

"Only time, a woman made a man a millionaire, was when that man was a former billionaire" - Royce da 5'9
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015 11:14 AM by Joga Bonito.)
04-21-2015 11:02 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Joga Bonito's post:
MidWest, TravelerKai, Akula
realologist Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I agree that the criticism is valid in regards to him being considered one of the best point guards ever. I don't disagree with you on that. He does not have the individual or team accomplishments required.

What I disagree with is that he has struggled in the playoffs. The team has struggled in the playoffs and that is proven with all their early exits. It's hard for an offense to properly function when only 3 players on the team can create shots, the center can't make a shot other than a dunk and nobody wants to play defense. The team may be talented but lack the mental and physical toughness to win in the playoffs. CP3 was more successful in the postseason with a far less talented new Orleans Hornets team.

The only area in the playoffs CP3 struggles with is being the leader of that team and not leading/motivating them properly. That's it. His play is not lacking.

Although they have Doc Rivers, coaching should be looked at as well. They are having the same issues with the team before he came. So is it CP3 running his own offense without the coach's approval, is the coach having the same old game plan without adjusting to what would bring victory in the playoffs or is it the team just not executing?

It's most likely a combination of all 3 but CP3 is getting the most criticism.
04-21-2015 12:47 PM
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

Grantland Wrote:[Image: klaychart15_1152.jpg]

Thompson is willing and able to shoot from anywhere, but his accuracy from the corners is particularly great. This season, 36 NBA players attempted at least 100 corner 3s. Thompson ranked third in shooting efficiency in this group, hitting a whopping 51 percent of those shots, behind only Kyle Korver and Anthony Morrow. Thompson made 65 corner 3s during the regular season, and all 65 were assisted.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-ot...al-season/
04-21-2015 05:51 PM
Sonsowey Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

A lot of people doubt the Warriors for their lack of playoff experience. Despite having amazing offense and defense, a talented young (but not too young) roster, etc. some people believe that the Spurs, Lebron, etc. will have a better go in the playoffs.

It will be interesting to see once the first round is over. I would guess the Dubs win it but I wouldn't be surprised by any of the obvious candidates getting the trophy.

RVF Book Club February: Julius Evola - Revolt Against the Modern World
04-21-2015 06:30 PM
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I don't know exactly why, but I don't like James Harden. Myabe it is partially because he plays with Dwight Howard, whom no self respecting Lakers/Kobe fan can like. But even Kobe said he's a Harden fan...

You don't get there till you get there
04-21-2015 08:44 PM
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

The Rockets are on fire in the 4th... Josh Smith has at least 5 or 6 alley op assist with a few other assist for dunks thrown in there.

Its like NBA JAM

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
04-21-2015 11:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cr33pin's post:
TravelerKai
TravelerKai Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(04-21-2015 08:44 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  I don't know exactly why, but I don't like James Harden. Myabe it is partially because he plays with Dwight Howard, whom no self respecting Lakers/Kobe fan can like. But even Kobe said he's a Harden fan...

You might be jealous of that beard. Can you imagine what that looks like as the last image you see before falling on your ass on the ground? Like a fast samurai sword slice.. That or wish Kobe could cross over people like that.

(04-21-2015 11:03 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  The Rockets are on fire in the 4th... Josh Smith has at least 5 or 6 alley op assist with a few other assist for dunks thrown in there.

Its like NBA JAM

I'm shocked. Dwight is playing like he was when the trainers got him to stop eating 20 chocolate bars a day. The second half of the season he was terrible. He was clumsy and had cement blocks on his feet. Turned the ball over too much too. Now I am starting to wonder if he was in fact injured and playing hurt alot earlier than when they announced he was going to be out for surgery before the playoffs.

If he keeps this up, second round may not be too much of a match up nightmare after all.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
04-22-2015 09:00 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TravelerKai's post:
Cr33pin
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

This Clips-Spurs series is making up for all the other crappy games played so far, I hope it goes seven.
04-23-2015 12:43 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Professor Fox's post:
Slim Shady
jariel Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(04-20-2015 03:57 PM)jariel Wrote:  Unless it's Game Seven, one game doesn't mean anything, especially in the playoffs.

When you don't have home court advantage, all you really want out of the first two games is a split, it puts the pressure on the other team.

Tim Duncan is 200 years old and still putting up 20-10 performances in playoff victories, truly one of the greatest players the league has ever seen.

Clips are in trouble, role players don't typically play well on the road, especially come playoff time, so they will need their best players to be at their absolute best.

The other playoff match-ups are not interesting at this point.

The "We The North" fans were talking all kinds of shit early in the year, but you want to save your best basketball for March and April, not November and December.

They look like a treadmill team, Ujiri might want to stop wasting the owner's money with empty trash talk.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 12:59 AM by jariel.)
04-23-2015 12:58 AM
EuphoricWizard Offline
Chubby Chaser

Raptors base their offense around streaky shooters on the perimeter with no big man play. If they took Drummond instead of Ross it would probably be a completely different team though is isn't a real offensive option besides putbacks/dunks/transition. Too much isolation also for guys who aren't great scorers.

The role player thing is true but Crawford usually goes off vs the Spurs and Reddick is more consistent than most role players. The Spurs backcourt has shat the bed the first 2 games. Green/Parker/Ginobili/Marco can't score at all and they're not defending great either. If anyone of them can turn in a decent performance these guys wouldn't be close.
04-23-2015 01:24 AM
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I just want to see Manu go off in the clutch so that I can yell GINOBILIIIIII!

You don't get there till you get there
04-23-2015 01:50 AM
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

[Image: 3UZVuUB.png]

[Image: az26yN2.jpg]

04-23-2015 02:17 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Professor Fox's post:
Vacancier Permanent, TravelerKai
Vacancier Permanent Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Always been wondering what's up with Barkeley always dissing the Spurs? For as long as I can remember the guy always is negative about them even last year in the finals when they were destroying the Heat? He seems to hate them not sure why.

I love Charles, one of my fav players and great alpha analyst but his consistent dissing and discrediting the Spurs is getting tiring.

Kawahi just picked up the Defensive player of the year award. Not surprising at all as he is a beast. The guy can do it all, complete package.

Crucial win last night, now get the job done at home and finish it off asap in 5 or at most in 6.

Hoping that Parker gets back asap but I would give him a game off so that he fully recovers and give more playing time to Mills who has been slowly getting back to last year's terrific form.
04-23-2015 09:40 AM
MY DETROIT PLAYAS Offline
True Player
Gold Member

We are talking about a whole 'nother series if Blake Griffin doesn't lose his handle up by 2 in the waning seconds of regulation

MDP
04-23-2015 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MY DETROIT PLAYAS's post:
Giovonny
Vacancier Permanent Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Or if Duncan doesn't miss that easy lay up in the 4th Q when the Spurs had an 8 point lead. It would have been game over, no need for OT.

(04-23-2015 11:15 AM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  We are talking about a whole 'nother series if Blake Griffin doesn't lose his handle up by 2 in the waning seconds of regulation
04-23-2015 11:26 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vacancier Permanent's post:
Giovonny
TravelerKai Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(04-23-2015 02:17 AM)Professor Fox Wrote:  

He made that guy's face even hit the ground. I'm dead from laughter.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
04-23-2015 11:34 AM
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

ESPN Wrote:[Image: mag_stephcurry001_coulter_sw_1600x1000.jpg]

In the blink of an eye -- well, less, actually -- Curry planted, coiled, elevated and snapped his wrist. Splash. "That could be the greatest move I've ever seen live," blurted stunned ESPN analyst Jeff Van Gundy, who coached against Michael Jordan many times. When his colleagues giggled at the suggestion, though, Van Gundy growled back without hesitation, "No, I'm being serious."

The sequence had everything: court presence, ballhandling, flawless shooting fundamentals, creativity and, above all, major, major cojones. It left Kerr looking like a young Macaulay Culkin on the bench. And across the country, it had Grandma Duckie cheering from her favorite burgundy chair in front of the TV. "Each time Stephen does his thing, we all picture big Jack up in heaven, nudging all the angels, gathering 'em up," says Steph's aunt and Dell's sister, Jackie Curry. "And he's yelling and pointing, 'Look, look down there at what I did! Y'all know I started this, right? Started all this with just that one little hoop, right there.'"

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/...oint-guard
04-23-2015 02:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Professor Fox's post:
Giovonny
MY DETROIT PLAYAS Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Curry is unquestionably nice but Van Gundy is given to fits of hyperbole at times

I usually watch with the sound off when he's calling a game

MDP
04-23-2015 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Moma Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

I don't like the Spurs and I'll be glad when Tim Duncan retires so I can stop getting my tits bored off. If I wanted to watch fundamentally sound basketball sans athleticism, I'd watch old Vlade Divac highlights.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
04-23-2015 03:13 PM
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

Dubs offense has looked disjointed all three games. This kind of play can't continue if they're to make the Finals.
04-23-2015 10:49 PM
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

They can't possibly win this game, can they?

Edit: WHAT THE FUCK!
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 11:19 PM by Professor Fox.)
04-23-2015 11:05 PM