I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The NBA Thread
MidWest Offline
Banned

RE: The NBA Thread
So disappointing to see the Bulls not close out Game 4. The Bulls have no killer instinct whatsoever. You're up 10 late in the 3rd quarter with Kyrie limping around, Shumpert hurt and Lebron with a twisted ankle. You had them on the rope, put the foot on the gas pedal and fucking finish them off and knock them out!!!

Seriously the Cavs were giving them the game and the Bulls couldn't capitalize on it and made Lebron look like a hero there at the end. Same kind of shit happened in the Bucks series where they let the Bucks get into the series when they were supposed to get swept!

Frustrating to be a Chicago fan sometimes.

The Bulls have no excuses. On paper Chicago should win this series. With Lebron playing hurt, Kyrie playing really hurt, Shumpert playing hurt and Love out, there is no excuses for this Bulls team. Its do or die now.
05-12-2015 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like MidWest's post:
Joga Bonito, Vacancier Permanent, Akula
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

^ You're ignoring Gasol being out though, which is a bigger deal than people are making it out to be. Paul is integral to floor spacing with his ability to shoot outside the paint, is an excellent passer, and an underrated defender.

Having said that I do agree with you that the Bulls just always look sluggish somehow - even when they win - and don't give the feeling that "something great is about to happen". The impending sense of greatness is missing, and I think only Derrick Rose can provide that.

Noah has to be better. He has to be more of a presence and neutralize Tristan Thompson on the glass.

You don't get there till you get there
05-12-2015 06:05 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Slim Shady's post:
MidWest, Vacancier Permanent, MY DETROIT PLAYAS, Giovonny, Akula
Blackwell Offline
Chubby Chaser

Mad respect to John Wall.

He has 5 non displaced fractures. If his hand gets hit, his fractures can displace and he will need lengthy surgery and rehab.

He is taking a huge risk and laying it all out on the line for his brothers.
05-13-2015 06:26 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Blackwell's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Giovonny, Akula
whoishe Offline
Chubby Chaser

The biggest problem for Bulls is that (unfortunately, as he's a good coach in general) Thibodeau is average with offensive schemes. Actually having Gasol with his experience and low post skills really helped to hide it, but without him they are just difficult to watch if looking past their high energy game.

And Wall really deserves respect, wondering though if he will be actually helping Wizards or bringing them down.

"Wynik jest jawnie niedemokratyczny. Wiadomo że demokratyczny wynik jest tylko wtedy, gdy popiera lewacką utopię. Każdy inny wynik to faszyzm i nazim. Rasizm i ksenofobia. I jeszcze homofobia i zacofanie. Oraz antysemityzm"
05-13-2015 06:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes whoishe's post:
Akula
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I think that it's criminal that Nate Robinson is not playing in the NBA right now. The Bulls could have really used him, instead of Aaron Brooks.

05-13-2015 06:55 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Slim Shady's post:
MidWest, Akula
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

Dubs looking like the one seed tonight!
05-14-2015 12:03 AM
MidWest Offline
Banned

Have the playoffs become pussified

05-14-2015 12:53 AM
CodyB Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

The Warriors are winning on the back of great defense even though their offense is far from perfect. That's a really good sign and a KPI of a championship team. They need more involve from Iggy though as his ability to get in transition and play defense is absolutely vital.
05-14-2015 07:27 AM
CodyB Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(05-14-2015 12:53 AM)MidWest Wrote:  Have the playoffs become pussified

Let's talk about this fucking muppet for a second.

Middle aged alcoholic who lives vicariously through other men (athletes) calling the NBA pussy.

This is the best playoffs in about 20 years.

A) No Spurs, Superteams, Kobe/Lakers (even though I'm a fan)
B) Multiple game winners, huge upsets
C) Clippers hitting their peak against former champs
D) Josh Harden getting exposed

The game is playing hard and like it should be. This motherfucker still thinks it's the 80s.
05-14-2015 07:31 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like CodyB's post:
Giovonny, Master Of My Own Kingdom
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(05-14-2015 07:31 AM)CodyB Wrote:  [quote='MidWest' pid='1020628' dateline='1431582808']
Have the playoffs become pussified

Let's talk about this fucking muppet for a second.

Middle aged alcoholic who lives vicariously through other men (athletes) calling the NBA pussy.

This is the best playoffs in about 20 years.

A) No Spurs, Superteams, Kobe/Lakers (even though I'm a fan)
B) Multiple game winners, huge upsets
C) Clippers hitting their peak against former champs
D) Josh Harden getting exposed

The game is playing hard and like it should be. This motherfucker still thinks it's the 80s.
[Image: 469076518_640.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
05-14-2015 09:34 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cr33pin's post:
d3traktion
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I do agree with him that the Taj Gibson thing was completely mishandled.

05-14-2015 01:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim Shady's post:
Pontifex Maximus
MY DETROIT PLAYAS Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Mathematically, the Bulls are still alive with a game 6 win tonight

But after flipping this puzzle upside down and sideways, I just don't see any way they win in Quicken Loans on Sunday

God, I hope I'm wrong

MDP
05-14-2015 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MY DETROIT PLAYAS's post:
Akula
realologist Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Anybody have any new predictions going forward?

Mine

WEST

Warriors over Memphis in 7.
That defense is stifling and the physicality gets in the Warriors head just not enough offensive firepower to win the series.

Clippers over Houston in 6.
Clippers are hitting their stride and end Houston tonight to get some extra much needed rest for CP3.

Clippers over Warriors in 6
Clippers just have been great this post season and have been on fire. Only team that can match Warriors for scoring but inside/rebounding presence is what gives them the edge.

EAST

Cleveland over Bulls in 6
Cleveland ends it tonight with Lebron having a great performance. Since the buzzer beater the Bulls have lost their fire and that shot didn't just lose them the game but the series.

Atlanta over Washington in 6
Atlanta does what they have done all season. Win with solid team play. They are a remix of the early/mid 2000s Pistons and have the same results of at least a conference finals.

Cleveland over Atlanta in 7
Love comes back which hurts the Cavs. Love can't guard Milsap and he goes off all series averaging 20 ppg. Atlanta almost ends the series a few times but can't because they don't have a good enough creat-your-own shot player.

FINALS
Clippers over Cleveland in 6
They are better at every position except small forward. Yes I said that. CP3 over Kyrie for a POINT GUARD. Kyrie gets exposed for bad defense on CP3. Lebron covers Blake most games and has to work defensively while his game suffers slightly on offense but just enough for the Clippers to be crowned champs in 6.
05-14-2015 07:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes realologist's post:
Aer
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

How could they eject Taj Gibson and not eject Mirotic right now?

The lack of consistency bothers me more than the excessive foul calls.

05-14-2015 08:00 PM
TheSlayer Offline
True Player

(05-14-2015 08:00 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  How could they eject Taj Gibson and not eject Mirotic right now?

The lack of consistency bothers me more than the excessive foul calls.

They downgraded Gibson's foul after the game though to a Flagrant 1. Refs can make mistakes. Neither Gibson nor Mirotic should have been ejected. The lack of consistency is annoying but it is what it is. It's an extremely hard sport to ref.
05-14-2015 08:09 PM
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

It is a hard game to ref, sure. But they were allowed to take a break and watch that play on video. Obviously the people who saw the play after the game had the good sense to downgrade it. I had the good sense after watching the replay for 3 seconds that it was not ejection worthy. When they can go to the monitor to review, there is no excuse for getting the call wrong.

What bloody use is downgrading the foul after the game? Gibson missed the vital part of the game where the Bulls were making a run. Gibson was the one guy playing hard against Tristan Thompson on the glass.

This all leads me to believe that the ejection call was made on Gibson as a "preemptive call". Essentially a call made assuming that some rough stuff might go down later. It was punishing him for a crime he might commit. That is not fair.

Either that or there is outright cheating by the league...

05-14-2015 08:33 PM
JoyStick, Akula
Vacancier Permanent Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

What's going on? Both teams can't even buy a basket! almost 6 minutes and only 2 points scored! Even guys at the local playground shoot better!
05-14-2015 08:38 PM
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Man, even I have to tip my hat to the Rockets

Both my predictions for tonight were wrong

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 12:38 AM by Slim Shady.)
05-15-2015 12:27 AM
jumbo tron, Vacancier Permanent
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

[Image: 5NidwUW.png?1]

Well then.
05-15-2015 12:42 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Professor Fox's post:
Giovonny, Vacancier Permanent
MidWest Offline
Banned

Bulls either ran out of gas, or flat out quit . Bulls had a terrible, terrible game. No effort whatsoever and looked like they wanted to go home and go on vacation. Just no excuse. Lebron playing shitty in the series, Kyrie playing limped in the series and not at all in game six, No Kevin Love, No Jr Smith for 2 games, Shumpert hurt. The Bulls faced a Cavs team that was decimated and not at full strength and they still lost.

I don't know if it was Thibs' philosophy of pushing them to death in practice to play hard and the team just gassed out and tuned out or they flat out just suck and were overrated throughout the season.

I don't even know where the Bulls go from here. They fire Thibadeau and then what? Rose is back, Jimmy might be back (I'm sure he'll stay), we have Pau coming back for a year. What about Noah? He isn't worth the 13 million a year he's getting paid, what is the Center position going to look like moving forward? Dunleavy is old and should get rid of him. Kirk Hinrich is old too. Nikola Mirotic is a nice piece to build around. Not sure if they are going to rebuild or signing mid-level free agents in the hopes of "seasoning the team up" and getting another run at it next year for more of the same?

This team is lost. If Thibs leaves then you will see an end of a thibs Chicago era, then I think they should bomb the whole project and start over from scratch. Get rid of Noah (or keep him in the bench), Kirk Hinrich and Mike Dunleavy, and build around Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler and Nikola Mirotic. Bring back Pau Gasol for another year and Taj Gibson too and get serious about finding a big time young center, either in FA or the draft.

Such a sad day for Bulls fans.

One thing I learned about the Cavs/Bulls series is that I never realized just how bad and weak the East was. If the Cavs still go on and go to the NBA finals with their injuries, the Warriors, Clippers and Memphis will destroy them. The West is taking the ship this year.
05-15-2015 12:51 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like MidWest's post:
d3traktion, Big Nilla, Akula, Vacancier Permanent
d3traktion Offline
Game Denialist

I agree MidWest. I've been so pissed seeing how poorly the Bulls have been playing. Lets face it, we shot 36-39% in the past four games. You can't win games shooting that poorly, no chance winning a series. Our offense gets so stagnant at times and just nothing seems to go our way. No one can make any baskets its unbelievably frustrating.

I love Thibs but I think he's probably gone. Something needs to shake this team up, we've pretty much been on the cusp of winning for a few years (aside from injuries and all that, we've had pretty good teams on paper). Gotta re-sign Jimmy, thats the number one priority. After that, you build around him and Rose and see where that goes.

Wondering who is going to replace Thibs though. It really is sad if we do get rid of him, he is a great coach but it just isn't working.

Either way, always gonna stay loyal to the bulls whichever direction they go.

BTW: Mirotic please learn how to play some defense! I know he's young but man, we got burned a lot because he wouldn't switch back to his man and they'd shoot a wide open 3.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 01:18 AM by d3traktion.)
05-15-2015 01:17 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes d3traktion's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Big Nilla Offline
Alpha Male

Obviously they quit. Lebron owns them. Rose and Noah will never get past him. Hopefully they can get something like a top 10 protected pick from Orlando for Thibodeaux instead of firing him and getting nothing.

They also need a 2nd athletic scoring wing to pair with Butler to even have a chance to get past Lebron. Noah needs to get traded... always a liability in the playoffs. Try and sucker Sacramento with a Rose/Noah for Cousins and garbage/$ filler. Would give Sacramento a temporary boost. They may bite. Who knows.

I'd keep Gasol and Gibson only because they're relatively cheap, but if you can flip them into something I'd make it happen. Plan for after the 2015-16 season when the salary cap explodes. That's why the Cousins trade above would be great for the Bulls. Team him up with Butler and Mirotic and then sign 2 max players after next season... or whatever. It's obvious the Bulls are going nowhere with Rose and Noah, though, unless you're happy with getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Hopefully they don't re-sign Dunleavy. Hinrich... convince him to opt-out and pay him to be in the Bulls management to free up his cap money.

Would've been interesting to see Paul Pierce on the Bulls this year. Could've happened moneywise if they traded Dunleavy and didn't sign Hinrich.

Side note: I knew the cheap ass Bulls were making a mistake not giving Butler a 4-year $50-55 million extension. Obviously nobody knew he'd be as great as he was this year, but they have to waste extra cap space to max him out at $90+ million.
05-15-2015 01:39 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Nilla's post:
MidWest, Master Of My Own Kingdom
jariel Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

[Image: sn_e_bullswiki_576x948.jpg]
05-15-2015 02:25 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like jariel's post:
Kamikaze, samsamsam, TravelerKai, Akula, Big Nilla, MY DETROIT PLAYAS
MidWest Offline
Banned

@Big Nilla

I would have no problem with a Rose trade. Taj also should have been traded a couple of years ago too when he had value. He's good but very inconsistent and it looks like he has digressed as well. This Bulls team how is constructed now is not good enough to beat a Lebron team. Lebron is to the Bulls like Jordan was to the Pacers, Knicks, and Cavs in the 90s. Bulls aren't getting past Lebron with this current team so might as well start from scratch. Trading Rose and Noah will give the team some good assets for 5 or 6 years to come when Lebron is like 36 or something and if a team does bite.

One thing about trading Rose though is that he's still young (I think only 25 or 26) and Jimmy Butler is young as well (25). Mirotic is also like 23 so that should be the core going forward to build around. I'll be good with getting rid of the rest of the older guys like Dunleavy, Noah, Taj Gibson, Hinrich, Nazr Muhhamad, let Gasol finish his contract. Keep Snell and maybe McDermott and build through the draft.

But if they can get something good out of a Rose trade now then I'd do it! We aren't winning shit anyway with Lebron there in the East.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 02:31 AM by MidWest.)
05-15-2015 02:27 AM
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(05-15-2015 12:51 AM)MidWest Wrote:  One thing I learned about the Cavs/Bulls series is that I never realized just how bad and weak the East was. If the Cavs still go on and go to the NBA finals with their injuries, the Warriors, Clippers and Memphis will destroy them. The West is taking the ship this year.
I bet you also said the Bulls were going to beat the Cavs and that the world was flat.
[Image: tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 12:08 PM by Cr33pin.)
05-15-2015 11:52 AM