Lady Is Here! I have written a book for feminine-minded women (and the men who want relationships with them). Click Here For Full Details.

The NBA Thread
Repo Offline
International Playboy

RE: The NBA Thread
(07-18-2018 08:09 AM)floridaboiii Wrote:  Opinions on Kawhi and Danny Green for Derozan Jakob Poetl and 1st round pick?

I'm excited to see the spurs next year. They won 48 games without Kawhi so adding another all-star will be huge for them. The west gets tougher.

Other forums are talking about loyalty (and how could they trade derozan like that) but being loyal doesn't make you a good GM. The raptors were stuck in that really good but not championship caliber team spot and it was either blow it up soon or go all in. Even if Kawhi leaves I think it's smart for the raptors to go all in this year, one more try.

They could also be using Kawhi as a trade piece. It's reported that he doesn't want to play for the raptors. Either way I think it's a win-win. If dude plays he needs to play well because he's sat out a year. He wants max money and needs to show that he's a max player.

I also hope Kawhi stops being a hoe.

Spurs know Raptors will never make the finals so they are the logical choice. Trading Kawhi to Boston would be almost as bad as to the Lakers. Good trade for Spurs, at least they get something for Kawhi. Raptors are already in desperation mode, dangerously close to needing to blow up the team. They'll have to convince Kawhi to stay or may as well blow up the team. Bold but reasonable move. It's not like their going to beat Boston without this trade.
07-19-2018 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
kosko Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-19-2018 03:44 PM)rungoodinc Wrote:  It’s laughable that Kosko still posts here and tries to act like I didn’t own him regarding our Boston Celtics bet that they would make the conference finals. Keep in mind this bet was made before Hayward or Kyrie went down and I called both Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum having breakout seasons.

At the very least I thought the guy would keep his word and pay up on our bet which was made in this thread around this time last year. The guy talks a big game but id be completely shocked if he ever played the game on any kind of meaningful level.

Also the notion that Lonzo Ball doesn’t play defense is a joke.. he was top 5 at PG according to all of the important defensive analytics such as real plus minus.

Lakers will easily win 48+ games and most likely finish in the top 4 of the conference this season. After that I am definitely expecting them to get a title or two under LeBron’s four years. Everyone talks about the lakers shooting problems but Ingram, kuzma KCP and josh hart are all serviceable shooters. Their draft picks, Mo Wagner and Svi Mikayluk, are great shooters as well and I expect them to be rotation players even as rookies.

Further, lonzo shot 41% from 3 in college and now that he will be able to catch and shoot more I’d expect him to shoot at least 35% from 3 this year. Anyone who has played the game knows it’s MUCH easier to shoot off the catch than off the dribble.

I honestly don't even remember what the terms were. ...

This seems to be important to you, so remind me what we even bet
07-20-2018 09:15 AM
rungoodinc Offline
Chubby Chaser

I called you out on it multiple times here so I figured you were dodging it. Boston made ECf.. it is back in this thread around this time last year... signature bet for 1 month if Boston made ECF
07-20-2018 05:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes rungoodinc's post:
Mentavious
godzilla Offline
Alpha Male

Nice trade for the Raptors. They were never gonna win with Demar, so they dumped a fat contract on San Antonio and get to try one year with Kawhi Leonard. If they lose Kawhi, they can just tank and start again. They were likely headed in that direction anyway.
07-20-2018 07:22 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like godzilla's post:
Thot Leader, the_legend, NoMoreTO
Repo Offline
International Playboy

Has anyone else watched some of the highlights of Lebron's son? Ultimately Lebron's goal is to play on the same team as his son when he gets old enough. . . if he even makes the NBA. He seems to be well on track though.

Here is he almost dunking it in a game in 7th grade:

Oh, and check out the size of this other 7th grade kid on Lebron JR's AAU team:

07-29-2018 11:53 AM
JimBobsCooters Offline
Chubby Chaser

(07-29-2018 11:53 AM)Repo Wrote:  Has anyone else watched some of the highlights of Lebron's son? Ultimately Lebron's goal is to play on the same team as his son when he gets old enough. . . if he even makes the NBA. He seems to be well on track though.

Here is he almost dunking it in a game in 7th grade:

Oh, and check out the size of this other 7th grade kid on Lebron JR's AAU team:

That's not one of Shaq's kids is it? Genuinely looks like him!
07-29-2018 12:43 PM
Built to Fade Away
Chubby Chaser

The new season is about to start soon & there will be 3 rule changes for the 2018-2019 season. https://www.nba.com/article/2018/09/21/n...ction=news

Quote:Shot clock reset among rule changes approved by Board of Governors

Official release
Sep 21, 2018 3:36 PM ET

NEW YORK – The NBA Board of Governors today unanimously approved rules changes in advance of the 2018-19 season.

Beginning with the 2018 NBA preseason, the shot clock will reset to 14 seconds in offensive rebounding situations, as opposed to 24; the clear path foul rule will be simplified; and the definition of a “hostile act” will be expanded for purposes of triggering instant replay review.

Details on each rule modification appear below:
  • Shot Clock Reset – The shot clock will reset to 14 seconds in three scenarios: after an offensive rebound of a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim; after a loose ball foul is called on the defensive team immediately following a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim; or after the offensive team gets possession of the ball after it goes out of bounds immediately following a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim.

The rule has been in effect in the NBA G League since the 2016-17 season, in the WNBA since 2016 and in FIBA play since 2014-15. The rule was also in place during 2018 NBA Summer Leagues.
  • Simplification of the Clear Path Foul Rule – The changes to the clear path foul rule establish “bright line” standards based on the position of players at the time of the foul while also narrowing required referee judgment and reducing the number of variables impacting the rule’s application.

A clear path foul is now defined as a personal foul against any offensive player during his team’s transition scoring opportunity in the following circumstances: the ball is ahead of the tip of the circle in the backcourt; no defender is ahead of the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity; the player with the transition scoring opportunity is in control of the ball (or a pass has been thrown to him); and if the foul deprives his team of an opportunity to score.

As part of the clear path foul rule simplification, referees will no longer need to make judgment calls as to whether or not a defender was between (or had the opportunity to be between) the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity and the basket. In addition, referees will no longer have to determine whether or not the defender was at any time ahead of the offensive player prior to committing the foul, nor will it be relevant whether or not a defender beat the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity into the frontcourt. Further, plays of this nature will no longer have to originate in the backcourt (since transition scoring opportunities can originate in the frontcourt).

Under the simplified rule, a clear path foul cannot occur if the fouled player is in the act of shooting or if the foul is caused by the defender’s attempt to intercept or deflect a pass intended for the player attempting to score in transition.

If a clear path foul is committed, the offended team will continue to be awarded two free throws and possession of the ball on the sideline nearest the spot where the foul occurred.

To view examples of the clear path foul rule simplification, click on the following link:

http://official.nba.com/example-of-clear...fications/
  • Expanded Definition of “Hostile Act” for Replay Purposes – For purposes of triggering instant replay review, the definition of a “hostile act” has been broadened to enable referees to determine the appropriate penalty for players or coaches if they are involved in hostile encounters with each other, referees or fans.

The NBA’s Competition Committee unanimously recommended these rules changes to the Board of Governors.

Quote:Example of Clear Path Rule Simplifications
September 21, 2018

The changes to the clear path foul rule establish “bright line” standards based on the position of players at the time of the foul while also narrowing required referee judgment and reducing the number of variables impacting the rule’s application.

A clear path foul is now defined as a personal foul against any offensive player during his team’s transition scoring opportunity in the following circumstances: the ball is ahead of the tip of the circle in the backcourt; no defender is ahead of the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity; the player with the transition scoring opportunity is in control of the ball (or a pass has been thrown to him); and if the foul deprives his team of an opportunity to score.

Link to video describing three scenarios

What do you think of these changes?

I think that the shot clock change makes sense since second chance possessions usually result in a quick shot attempt. This is based from my experiences of watching Australian NBL games live, which enforces FIBA rules.

The amendments to clear path fouls should reduce the length of referee reviews. At least the players will no longer be punished with a clear path foul if they stay in front of the ball handler, attempt to play at the pass, or a teammate is in front of the ball handler.

I'll wait and see in regards to the "hostile act" situation.

In the long term, it's looking like there's a converging of rules between the NBA & FIBA Basketball. I hope that FIBA extends the international men's 3-point line to NBA lengths, but that's just me dreaming.
09-22-2018 03:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Built to Fade's post:
NoMoreTO
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Rainbow RE: The NBA Thread

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
10-03-2018 10:12 AM
Repo Offline
International Playboy

People have been expecting for some time now that Durant would carry the torch of the no1 player in the NBA after Lebron. Here's for hoping Giannis carries the torch instead of that bitchass

10-13-2018 11:18 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Repo's post:
Built to Fade
NoMoreTO Online
Chubby Chaser

(07-19-2018 04:21 PM)Repo Wrote:  
(07-18-2018 08:09 AM)floridaboiii Wrote:  Opinions on Kawhi and Danny Green for Derozan Jakob Poetl and 1st round pick?

I'm excited to see the spurs next year. They won 48 games without Kawhi so adding another all-star will be huge for them. The west gets tougher.

Other forums are talking about loyalty (and how could they trade derozan like that) but being loyal doesn't make you a good GM. The raptors were stuck in that really good but not championship caliber team spot and it was either blow it up soon or go all in. Even if Kawhi leaves I think it's smart for the raptors to go all in this year, one more try.

They could also be using Kawhi as a trade piece. It's reported that he doesn't want to play for the raptors. Either way I think it's a win-win. If dude plays he needs to play well because he's sat out a year. He wants max money and needs to show that he's a max player.

I also hope Kawhi stops being a hoe.

Spurs know Raptors will never make the finals so they are the logical choice. Trading Kawhi to Boston would be almost as bad as to the Lakers. Good trade for Spurs, at least they get something for Kawhi. Raptors are already in desperation mode, dangerously close to needing to blow up the team. They'll have to convince Kawhi to stay or may as well blow up the team. Bold but reasonable move. It's not like their going to beat Boston without this trade.

Raps might be able to get to the finals with Kawhi. The problem was DeRozan couldn't deliver in the playoffs when the defense tightens up. Also he messed up the flow as he is just a pure scorer, who can't play the newer style NBA team game. Plus DeRozan is a defensive liability, and Kawhi is a dominant defender.

The east is weak, so getting to the finals is just a consolation prize. Whoever gets there from the east will lose in 5 games.

DeRozan will be a nice add to the spurs. In my mind he is not a serious franchise player, but a nice in a supporting role. Too many emotional / mental health problems to be a true leader in the playoffs.

I had raps seasons tickets for the last 4 years, Im out of it now. But there was just no point, no matter what they did they had no chance in the playoffs and we all knew it. I think they're goal is a finals appearance, then rebuild.

Everyone in Toronto seems sure Kawhi will only do 1 year, but I always say, - you never know. In that case they would have a real team for the next 5 years + which would be huge. Maybe he will like it somehow, but its a long shot. Big players don't want to be in Canada, Toronto gets 0 media coverage, and the league does not want Toronto in the finals - it'd be a ratings disaster.
10-13-2018 03:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoMoreTO's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Repo Offline
International Playboy

If the Raptors make the finals that will only be a testament to how bad the East is rather than how good the Raptors are. Unless they sign another big name superstar they have no chance winning the finals against the Warriors, Rockets, or even the Lakers.

**Edit** I take that back. There is no way the Raptors beat the Celtics. And assuming no injuries I think the Celtics could take the Warriors to 6 or even 7 games. The Warriors bench is weak as fuck right now. They will be less dominant than last year, and they only even made the finals because of the CP3 injury.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018 03:42 PM by Repo.)
10-13-2018 03:36 PM
NoMoreTO Online
Chubby Chaser

(10-13-2018 03:36 PM)Repo Wrote:  If the Raptors make the finals that will only be a testament to how bad the East is rather than how good the Raptors are. Unless they sign another big name superstar they have no chance winning the finals against the Warriors, Rockets, or even the Lakers.

**Edit** I take that back. There is no way the Raptors beat the Celtics. And assuming no injuries I think the Celtics could take the Warriors to 6 or even 7 games. The Warriors bench is weak as fuck right now. They will be less dominant than last year, and they only even made the finals because of the CP3 injury.

^^ Reality is if you get to the conference finals, anything can happen. Assuming no injuries is a big assumption. The raptors 'depth' definitely flopped in the playoffs last year, you don't win championships with 12 guys. But it works to get a good 1 or 2 seed, and it makes them less susceptible to injury - save Kawhi. If he gets hurt its over.

Id say 0 chance against former Lebron Teams, I'm not totally sure how good Boston is yet. But agree that the east is very weak.

** Edit : I also hope Kawhi stops being a hoe
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018 04:01 PM by NoMoreTO.)
10-13-2018 04:00 PM
Repo Offline
International Playboy

I think we have a good idea how good Boston is, they almost made the finals with 2 of their best players out. Tatum and Kyrie together will be dangerous, and they have a very deep bench. In fact, this may be Boston's best chance to win the finals in a while because their going to have a hard time paying everyone after this year.
10-13-2018 04:35 PM
jordypip23 Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

(10-13-2018 11:18 AM)Repo Wrote:  People have been expecting for some time now that Durant would carry the torch of the no1 player in the NBA after Lebron. Here's for hoping Giannis carries the torch instead of that bitchass

Giannis's athleticism is off the charts. He should have a very long future in the league.
10-14-2018 09:30 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jordypip23's post:
Built to Fade
Built to Fade Away
Chubby Chaser

Okay everyone, the 2018-2019 season is about to begin with the Boston Celtics at home against the Philadelphia 76ers at 8PM ET, followed by the defending champions, the Golden State Warriors at home against the Oklahoma City Thunder at 10:30 ET.

BOS V PHI GAME UPDATES:

First Quarter
  • The first shot of the season is an airball by Robert Covington. Laugh
  • I'm waiting for some plays from Gordon Hayward & Markelle Fultz.
  • Jayson Tatum & Jaylen Brown is off to a good start.
  • Both teams are shooting 31% FG with 3 mins left in the 1Q.
  • Boston is on a 15-3 run for the last 4 mins from 7:41 1Q.
  • 6 TOs already for PHI.
Second Quarter
  • 3PT FG% is quite low at the moment.
  • Dario Saric with 3 fouls.
  • Ben Simmons 1 rebound away from a double a double.
  • Kyrie scores last basket over Covington.
  • Last shot of the half is an airball.
"Let me tell you something, Erneh. - Charles Barkley" #127
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2018 08:02 PM by Built to Fade.)
10-16-2018 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
joshbar Offline
Game Denialist

Congratulations GOLDEN STATE 2019 NBA CHAMPS !!!

joshbar.net
10-16-2018 08:42 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like joshbar's post:
Cr33pin, NoMoreTO, BigTony, username
BigTony Offline
Recovering Beta

(10-16-2018 08:42 PM)joshbar Wrote:  Congratulations GOLDEN STATE 2019 NBA CHAMPS !!!

The only question for this season is who will Golden State play in the finals?

Other than that, wake me up once the playoffs start.
10-20-2018 08:49 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigTony's post:
joshbar
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
10-20-2018 10:57 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cr33pin's post:
Built to Fade
NoMoreTO Online
Chubby Chaser

(10-13-2018 04:00 PM)NoMoreTO Wrote:  [quote='Repo' pid='1868745' dateline='1539463019']
….

Hmm. No way ? I guess we can see the possibilities here. Did you forget how good Kawhi is? 31 & 10. Improved D, double block

10-20-2018 10:57 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like NoMoreTO's post:
debeguiled, Built to Fade, Vacancier Permanent, eradicator
Repo Offline
International Playboy

Still early, Celtics will need at least the first quarter of the season to build chemistry with all their pieces. Dont forget two of their main guys are just coming back after damn near a year off.
10-20-2018 11:30 AM
Built to Fade
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
10-21-2018 12:49 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Cr33pin's post:
Built to Fade, NoMoreTO, jordypip23
jordypip23 Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

(10-21-2018 12:49 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

LOL. Even millionaire ball players sometimes get caught up in their emotions at the end of the day. Rajon Rondo always struck me as a guy that still carries that street mentality. But in this fight it sorta looks like Brandon Ingram started it & Rondo is just retaliating? Heheh.
10-21-2018 01:50 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jordypip23's post:
Built to Fade
aeroektar Offline
Alpha Male

Tatum looks great so far.

10-21-2018 08:02 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like aeroektar's post:
Built to Fade, debeguiled
Repo Offline
International Playboy

(10-21-2018 01:50 AM)jordypip23 Wrote:  
(10-21-2018 12:49 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

LOL. Even millionaire ball players sometimes get caught up in their emotions at the end of the day. Rajon Rondo always struck me as a guy that still carries that street mentality. But in this fight it sorta looks like Brandon Ingram started it & Rondo is just retaliating? Heheh.

Supposedly Chris paul and Rondo have a history, and the Rockets are claiming that Rondo spit in Chris Paul's face.

This could be good for Lonzo as hell get more starting time with Rondo suspended. Looked like hes getting more comfortable with his shot, though hes still a bit inconsistent.
10-21-2018 09:53 AM
Built to Fade
Repo Offline
International Playboy

Ok I'm ready to admit I was wrong about the Raptors, they are looking really good with Kawhi
10-31-2018 11:19 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Repo's post:
Built to Fade, Vacancier Permanent, BigTony