Tickets On Sale For Last 5 Cities Of Roosh's Tour! Early bird pricing ends soon for Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte. Click here for details.

The NBA Thread
JayMillz Offline
International Playboy

RE: The NBA Thread
Tuff loss for the Spurs, but I like the team's demeanor. Miami gets credit for winning a close game at home. Miami has the home court advantage, but the Spurs still have a punchers chance. I know the LDR are happy this morning.
06-19-2013 05:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JayMillz's post:
Hencredible Casanova
Hallasan Offline
Recovering Beta

Lebron is so erratic. There were moments where he was clearly trying to take over the game in the fourth quarter and he was just overdoing it, taking poor shots / making bad decisions. Regardless of how talented he is, can he ever be one of the GOAT players? Especially if they lose Game 7 at home.

Quote:Funny thing is when Miami was down 5 with 28 seconds to go before LeBron hit the 3, I was on the phone with my friend and we were saying how LeBron's legacy was going to take a hit and the epic comeback had fallen short. LeBron not only saved his season but he saved his legacy again by playing this well in the 4th and OT after playing garbage in the first 3 quarters. As the best player in the league he has to stop putting his legacy on the line. On the other hand if he wins this series I think the legacy questions will truly subside and he can just play without being questioned after every bad game.

Not that his strength is shooting 3s, but didn't he miss 2 of his critical last 3 attempts before overtime? Not very clutch. Allen's 3 with a few seconds left to tie it was impressive.

Quote:And the biggest mistake of all, incredibly by the most tactically astute and experienced coach in the league, Pop, to leave his leader, TD out in the most crucial moments of the game, when they needed his physical presence in the paint to get those vital rebounds. With him on the field, he would have got at least 1 of those crucial rebounds and the Spurs would have been popping champagne right now.

Agreed. It was tough to watch after they seemingly had it in the bag and the Heat came back at the end off 2 offensive rebounds. Game 7 will hopefully be competitive and even more intense.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 06:20 AM by Hallasan.)
06-19-2013 06:18 AM
Mentavious Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

I can't blame it on the refs. Why? Because Pop lost this game.

1.Leaving Duncan out on the last two defensive sets in the 4th. That led to two offensive rebounds
2. Continually playing Ginobli in the 4th and OT. He was so ineffective AND had 10 TOS. -21 when he was on the floor.
3. Where was the timeout when they had the last shot in OT with 10 seconds left? Instead you let Ginobli drive 3/4 of the court?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock
06-19-2013 06:29 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Mentavious's post:
Hencredible Casanova, JayMillz, Vacancier Permanent, Professor Fox
Mentavious Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

They let Spoelstra get away with a shitty end of the game coaching job. He put in Wade when they Heat were rolling. Guess what happened? That was an awful move on his part. Now, no one will talk about that because of Pops even bigger mistake of Taking out your best player by far...

06-19-2013 06:32 AM
WestCoast Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

So if the heat win the finals, do they retire Ray Allens' jersey as "Jesus Shuttlesworth"?

Throw back series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Got_Game
06-19-2013 08:44 AM
scotian Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

NBA players are such pussies

[img][Image: broke_leg.jpg][/img]

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
06-19-2013 10:25 AM
TheSlayer Offline
True Player

@Scotian: What that meme doesn't tell you is that LeBron played 44 minutes that game and came back after being carried off and hit a 3.
06-19-2013 01:49 PM
TheSlayer Offline
True Player

(06-19-2013 06:18 AM)Hallasan Wrote:  Lebron is so erratic. There were moments where he was clearly trying to take over the game in the fourth quarter and he was just overdoing it, taking poor shots / making bad decisions. Regardless of how talented he is, can he ever be one of the GOAT players? Especially if they lose Game 7 at home.

Not that his strength is shooting 3s, but didn't he miss 2 of his critical last 3 attempts before overtime? Not very clutch. Allen's 3 with a few seconds left to tie it was impressive.

You can't say LeBron was erratic after the 4th he had yesterday. Yeah, he made a couple of terrible plays down the stretch but the dude was absolutely gassed by the end of the game. He played the entire second half and was guarding Tony Parker in the 4th. Running around chasing Tony is no joke. A point that often gets missed in the NBA is that LeBron often guards the best player or the second best player on the other team. For example, in this series only, Tony is not expending that much energy on defense guarding Cole or Chalmers or Miami's spot-up shooters.

The point isn't that he missed 2 of the critical 3s but it is that he wanted to take them. Even when Allen got the ball he was yelling and flailing to get the ball. That's the biggest difference from 2011. In the 4th he was yelling at his teammates to get the ball in the post and angry especially on that one possession when he wanted an alley-oop with Tony on him but they couldn't get the ball to him.

Any "clutch" guy you wanna include on your list has missed a lot more shots than he has made with the game on the line and yesterday LeBron wanted to take every shot down the stretch. Without his 3 pointer Miami doesn't get to 2 and Allen doesn't get the chance to hit the 3 to send it to overtime.

I don't know if he will go down as the GOAT of all time. Right now it doesn't matter, he's only 28. I just want to watch him fulfill his potential and the comparisons can be made once he is done with his career.
06-19-2013 01:58 PM
JayMillz Offline
International Playboy

06-19-2013 01:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JayMillz's post:
2Wycked
WestCoast Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Any Lebron James hating comment about his play is pure misunderstanding of basketball.

What's he supposed to do go 7/11 every quarter? Triple doubles aren't enough? He needs to average a quadruple? He even admits to f'ing up with turnovers in the 4q during post game interviews.

The problem is he's almost too good. So the expectations are beyond repair.

Hell even look at the top shooting percentages in the league... The guy shoots threes on the regular and he is top 5 in the ENTIRE league. Those slots are reserved for centers who get dunks all game.

The problem with lebron is he is so great people expect perfection.

Results/expectations = happiness, expectations for James are beyond any player in the league.
06-19-2013 02:10 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes WestCoast's post:
Joga Bonito
JayMillz Offline
International Playboy

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 09:14 AM by JayMillz.)
06-20-2013 08:49 AM
Moma Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(06-20-2013 08:49 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  LDR don't come back for game 7: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-d...54369.html

Miami got a lot of bandwagon fans. Check these fakers out:

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
06-20-2013 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Moma's post:
2Wycked, Vacancier Permanent
InternationPlayboy Offline
International Playboy

Dude, miamis fans are the biggest band wagon fans I've ever met.

Tonight's game is gonna pretty much make or break lebron up to this point. It's the difference between 1/4 or 2/4 in the finals. 1/4 isn't looking so good.
06-20-2013 02:29 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like InternationPlayboy's post:
Vacancier Permanent, 2Wycked
2Wycked Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Making salami sandwiches & rotini pasta for the game. Maybe pick up some cole slaw.

As for Game 7's, I remember that Lakers/Celtics game 7 in 2010. I am a Celtics fan & that had to the best game I had ever watched. I literally did not look away for one second.

Of course, the ending was tough to stomach. I remember getting absolutely shit-faced that night.

Tonight, it won't be as charged but it will be a game for the ages. I fucking love game 7's!

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 06:17 PM by 2Wycked.)
06-20-2013 05:30 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like 2Wycked's post:
Cr33pin, Vacancier Permanent
Cr33pin Online
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

The NBA Finals have reached a game 6 situation 42 times. In only 7 of them, has the team heading into game 6 trailing in the finals went on to win the series and the NBA title, giving the Heat a 16.7% chance of doing it.

We shall see.......lets go HEAT!!!!!!!!

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
06-20-2013 06:10 PM
Freddy_1 Offline
Chubby Chaser

This game will mark Lebrons legacy..He will go down as one of/if not the greatest. However losing 3 finals is too much and what he will most likely be remembered for..GREAT players don't let that happen. Its what separates MJ from the rest.
06-20-2013 06:30 PM
Timoteo Offline
International Playboy

Jerry West was 1-8 for his career in the NBA Finals. He was also the only player in league history to win the Finals MVP on the losing team. All this talk of LeBron's legacy is annoying. The Hall of Fame is full of players that barely sniffed the playoffs in their careers, let alone the Finals. The Cavs team in '07 was probably the weakest Finals team ever. He carried them there. This Heat team has gotten to 3 straight Finals, and they're highly flawed. I'll agree that LeBron needs to really play well in this game, win or lose. This is his 5th career Game 7, and he's averaging over 30 in the previous 4, which I think is the highest in NBA history. Michael Jordan played on better TEAMS than LeBron did, and before they finally put the right pieces around him, the Bulls were quick outs in the playoffs, with Jordan scoring a ton of points. LeBron has taken mediocre teams further than Jordan ever did.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 06:44 PM by Timoteo.)
06-20-2013 06:40 PM
JayMillz Offline
International Playboy

(06-20-2013 06:40 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  LeBron has taken mediocre teams further than Jordan ever did.
In a much weaker eastern division. The Nets also made it to championships with weak teams in a weak division.

I don't think its even close. Jordan was always the man, and guys would have come to cold ass Chicago to play with him. The guy didn't disappear in games or look do defer during crunch time.

No one can deny that Lebron is very talented, hall of fame player.
06-20-2013 07:31 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JayMillz's post:
2Wycked, Vacancier Permanent
Vacancier Permanent Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

I just have one thing to say:
I hope the Spurs and Pop have learned from their mistakes from game 6 and not let it slip away again!
COME ON SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Let's do it in style tonight!!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 08:34 PM by Vacancier Permanent.)
06-20-2013 08:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vacancier Permanent's post:
JoyStick
Giovonny Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Enjoy boys. See you 3 hours!
06-20-2013 08:34 PM
Mentavious Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Why Splitter over Blair? Is he that far in the dog house?

06-20-2013 08:43 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mentavious's post:
JoyStick
2Wycked Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Low-scoring game so far. Fairly sloppy play by both teams.

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
06-20-2013 09:09 PM
LoveBug Offline
Chubby Chaser

Heat have this
06-20-2013 09:53 PM
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

I wish these two teams could play 15 games.
06-20-2013 09:56 PM
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

He didn't call bank, they are waiving it off...

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
06-20-2013 10:04 PM