I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The NBA Thread
TheSlayer Offline
True Player

RE: The NBA Thread
(01-29-2014 05:26 PM)Justinian Wrote:  
(01-27-2014 02:11 AM)Justinian Wrote:  
(01-26-2014 01:55 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  @Justinian: Fully disagree.

If LeBron resigns with Miami, they will be a dynasty. Put him on any team and they are going to be a contender for at least the next 3-4 seasons and maybe beyond depending on how he ages. Pat Riley is one of the best GMs in the league and you can bet anything he will make the right moves to put the right teams around LeBron unlike Cleveland.

Re Pacers: Actually Miami is the slight favorite to me. With the addition of Beasley and Oden, Miami is deeper. If Oden works out, Indiana's biggest advantage over Miami is moot.

Re GSW and Clips sweeping Miami: Laugh

Re Miami being lucky: You can always point out one or two things in every championship run that could have gone either way.

PS. Both the MJ Bulls and Shaq-Kobe Lakers experienced stagnation or decline in the RS going for the 3 peat. Miami was supposed to experience that last year, this is another run on top of that. They are going for 4 straight Finals. Something last accomplished in the 80s. This Heat team is coasting and is conserving energy for the playoffs.

Good analytics Slayer, we'll wait and see. Remember the very weak East when we look at 3 straight finals. They basically just had to get by 1 competent team each year to get to the finals where they arrive relatively fresh compared to what the West finalist has gone through. Yeah, it's still fake to me but it wont be if they take the Pacers and the final this year.

Heat romp and build up esteem over a over a totally depleted Spurs team, WOW. The story of the Heat, fate serves up the most snake-bitten opponents and the easiest path to success in the history of this game. Up your fuckin b-ball IQ if you think this is real, it isn't, it's absurd. Pacers will destroy this team this year despite Beazley and Oden...

Huh? Dude, you alright? You replied to yourself and now you are telling me "up your fuckin b-ball IQ". What? tard
01-29-2014 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
WestCoast Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

All star line up is out!

Who got snubbed the hardest? Kyle Lowry IMHO.
01-31-2014 10:19 AM
Seth_Rose Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

Went to the Wizards game last night. Why can't they do this every night? They beat the Heat by 17 not too long ago, and then the Thunder by 15 yesterday. smh

Blog - Twitter
02-02-2014 04:40 PM
Belize King Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

Cousins and Stevenson are my biggest snubs. Kings suck but numbers don't lie. I would take Dirk out. For Stevenson of course it would be Johnson. What were the coaches thinking.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.
02-02-2014 04:48 PM
Vacancier Permanent Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Anyone has a reliable link to watch the all star show tonight online? I'm on the road and there's no tv where I am right now.

Thanks guys!
02-15-2014 08:40 PM
Mentavious Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

It's on TNT.

Do they live stream it on their website?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock
02-15-2014 08:48 PM
Joga Bonito Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(02-15-2014 08:40 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Anyone has a reliable link to watch the all star show tonight online? I'm on the road and there's no tv where I am right now.

Thanks guys!

Try http://www.vipboxus.co/sports/basketball.html or http://gofirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html. Look for 2014 All Star Saturday Night.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 09:29 PM by Joga Bonito.)
02-15-2014 09:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joga Bonito's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Vacancier Permanent Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Thanks iwin but the link doesn't open when I click on t.
02-15-2014 10:22 PM
TheSlayer Offline
True Player

(02-15-2014 10:22 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Thanks iwin but the link doesn't open when I click on t.

Fellas, use this link for all sports streaming:

http://www.gofirstrow.eu/

NBA All-Star stream:

http://www.gofirstrow.eu/watch/240300/3/...night.html

Use Link 3
02-15-2014 10:32 PM
Joga Bonito Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(02-15-2014 10:22 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Thanks iwin but the link doesn't open when I click on t.
For either link when you see 2014 All Star Saturday Night, click on the title then a bunch of numbered links should show up.(e.g. Link 1, Link2 etc). Just clicked on one of the numbered links. Probably should've warned you that you need an addon like Ad Block Plus for your browser due to popups.

http://gofirstrowus.eu/watch/240300/4/wa...night.html or see TheSlayers post.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 10:42 PM by Joga Bonito.)
02-15-2014 10:40 PM
kapitaw Offline
Game Denialist

Best site i've found for streaming is:

http://www.wiziwig.tv/

The quality is rarely great, but usually watchable. You get what you pay for...

Just watched some of the All Star Saturday night by the way. It gets cornier every year, can't tell if that's a reflection of the league, society, or me getting older.

They need to revive ASW by having a 1 on 1 contest. Fans vote players in, winner gets charity donation money.
02-15-2014 11:36 PM
Rotisserie Offline
Banned

(02-15-2014 11:36 PM)kapitaw Wrote:  Just watched some of the All Star Saturday night by the way. It gets cornier every year, can't tell if that's a reflection of the league, society, or me getting older.

It's the pervasiveness of the internet. Back before the internet, the only dunkers the general public saw were the elite athletes of the NBA. Now you can youtube Team Flight Brothers and that's that, you've seen the most amazing dunks ever.

Apart from all the amazing dunks you can find online, there's the pressure of fulfilling the expectations of one guy in particular… Vinsanity. His 2000 dunk contest will never, ever be replicated. That dude has the top 3 dunks in slam dunk contest history in just one contest. Lebron is smart in not doing it. He will never outdo Vince… no one will.
02-15-2014 11:51 PM
kapitaw Offline
Game Denialist

Well put. The dunk contest is outdated and the whole All Star Weekend on the whole has become overproduced and boring. It's really just a needed break in the long ass regular season that the NBA monetizes as much as they can. Most games are boring and real basketball doesn't start until the playoffs. Hopefully our lord and savior Adam Silver will shorten the regular season by at least 10 games and revamp ASW. While he's at it, centralize instant replay like the NHL, prohibit hacking bad free throwers, don't allow teams to intentionally foul when up 3, and reward improving teams over tanking teams in the draft. Then we got us a fucking basketball league.
02-16-2014 12:34 AM
kosko Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(02-15-2014 11:51 PM)Rotisserie Wrote:  
(02-15-2014 11:36 PM)kapitaw Wrote:  Just watched some of the All Star Saturday night by the way. It gets cornier every year, can't tell if that's a reflection of the league, society, or me getting older.

It's the pervasiveness of the internet. Back before the internet, the only dunkers the general public saw were the elite athletes of the NBA. Now you can youtube Team Flight Brothers and that's that, you've seen the most amazing dunks ever.

Apart from all the amazing dunks you can find online, there's the pressure of fulfilling the expectations of one guy in particular… Vinsanity. His 2000 dunk contest will never, ever be replicated. That dude has the top 3 dunks in slam dunk contest history in just one contest. Lebron is smart in not doing it. He will never outdo Vince… no one will.

Underrated Jason Ridchardson came close

After Vince J-Rich was the only guy trying to keep the old school style alive. The old school style that even before Vince with dudes like Dominique was that you did shit on your first attempt. Vince fucked things up because he preety much nailed all his dunks on his first try and didn't leave any tease or bullsihit with it. J-Rich was good for this also, but lately these guys take a million chances, you loose the excitement quick and i just becomes annoying. Then the whole gimmick trend came with cupcakes and shit and its basically become a joke.

Lebron is trolling everybody. He isn't "young" anymore but he will get a knock for not competing, especially when he trolls us with this a week before the competition:

02-16-2014 03:38 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kosko's post:
kapitaw
2Wycked Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
02-16-2014 04:28 AM
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

[Image: ibfdapmsnd4hc3.gif?w=696&h=391]
02-17-2014 02:35 AM
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

That all star game was the worst...and they've been pretty bad of late anyways. Atleast we had Kobe playing last minute defense of Lebron, not letting him score. Like he said in the interview, when the top players are out there you've got to have that drive to want to show them up atleast. That was a 1 point game for many minutes of the 4th quarter, and we saw still, no effort, with Reggie Miller trying to hype it up with "oh Lebron's going to come back on Durant after that 3". Fuck that bullshit. A real contest need no hype.

Also fuck those bright ass uniforms, and fuck those sleeves. These ain't the UEFA cup. Lastly fuck that female ref with her fake looking rock hard tits and short ass hair. I didn't see any women PLAYING the game.

The Paul George and John Wall dunks were pretty good though in the dunk cuntest.

You don't get there till you get there
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 10:09 PM by Slim Shady.)
02-17-2014 10:07 PM
Excelsior Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money.
02-18-2014 04:18 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Excelsior's post:
2Wycked, Giovonny
JayMillz Offline
International Playboy

02-18-2014 07:49 PM
TheSlayer Offline
True Player

This thread bumping last year. Fellas the playoffs start in a couple of months. Where are Gio, Timoteo, WC, VP, and 2Wycked? I am itching to discuss some hoops. It is an interesting year so far. LeBron has stopped coasting and is making a run at the MVP. I initially thought Miami would be out this season because of fatigue but their recent play has been encouraging.

I still think Indiana is the favorite in the East. I predict the Finals will be OKC vs. Indy/Miami.
02-21-2014 03:53 AM
Professor Fox Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

[Image: oneal.gif]
02-21-2014 07:06 AM
hoops330 Offline
Chubby Chaser

Lots of movement w the trade deadline. Philly has a solid young core and tons of draft picks. It will be interesting to see what they do in te next five years.
Indy picks up Evan Turner... Scary!
02-21-2014 03:01 PM
Joga Bonito Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

Stats Leaders 2013-2014

Code:
Points Per Game
1.    Kevin Durant-OKC    31.4
2.    Carmelo Anthony-NYK    27.5
3.    LeBron James-MIA    26.9
4.    Kevin Love-MIN    26.2
5.    Stephen Curry-GSW    24.4
6.    Blake Griffin-LAC    24.4
7.    James Harden-HOU    24.3
8.    LaMarcus Aldridge-POR    23.9
9.    DeMarcus Cousins-SAC    22.5
10.    Paul George-IND    22.5

Code:
Assists Per Game
1.    Chris Paul-LAC    11.1
2.    Stephen Curry-GSW    8.9
3.    Ty Lawson-DEN    8.8
4.    John Wall-WAS    8.6
5.    Ricky Rubio-MIN    8.5
6.    Brandon Jennings-DET    8.0
7.    Kyle Lowry-TOR    7.6
8.    Jeff Teague-ATL    7.1
9.    Jameer Nelson-ORL    6.7
10.    LeBron James-MIA    6.5

Code:
Rebounds Per Game
1.    DeAndre Jordan-LAC    14.1
2.    Kevin Love-MIN    13.3
3.    Andre Drummond-DET    13.0
4.    Dwight Howard-HOU    12.7
5.    LaMarcus Aldridge-POR    11.4
6.    Joakim Noah-CHI    11.4
7.    Andrew Bogut-GSW    10.7
8.    Zach Randolph-MEM    10.3
9.    Anderson Varejao-CLE    10.2
10.    Tim Duncan-SAS    10.1

Code:
Steals Per Game
1.    Chris Paul-LAC    2.5
2.    Ricky Rubio-MIN    2.5
3.    Michael Carter-Williams-PHI    2.1
4.    Thaddeus Young-PHI    2.1
5.    John Wall-WAS    2.0
6.    Trevor Ariza-WAS    1.9
7.    Paul Millsap-ATL    1.9
8.    Paul George-IND    1.8
9.    Monta Ellis-DAL    1.8
10.    Stephen Curry-GSW    1.7

Code:
Blocks Per Game
1.    Anthony Davis-NOP    3.1
2.    Serge Ibaka-OKC    2.5
3.    Roy Hibbert-IND    2.5
4.    DeAndre Jordan-LAC    2.4
5.    John Henson-MIL    2.1
6.    Tim Duncan-SAS    2.0
7.    Andrew Bogut-GSW    1.9
8.    Dwight Howard-HOU    1.9
9.    Andre Drummond-DET    1.8
10.    Robin Lopez-POR    1.5
02-21-2014 04:59 PM
Joga Bonito Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

Notable Trades of 2013-2014 Trade Deadline

-Acquired F Antawn Jamison from the Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to G Cenk Akyol.

-Traded F Earl Clark, C Henry Sims and two second-round draft picks to Philadelphia for C Spencer Hawes.

-Traded G Roger Mason Jr. to Sacramento for a conditional 2015 second-round draft pick.

-Traded Gs Gary Neal and Luke Ridnour to Charlotte for G Ramon Sessions and F Jeff Adrien.

-Traded F Evan Turner and F-C Lavoy Allen to Indiana for F Danny Granger and a 2015 second-round draft pick. Acquired C Byron Mullens and a 2018 second-round draft pick from the L.A. Clippers for a 2014 second-round draft pick.

-Traded G Nando De Colo to the Toronto Raptors for G Austin Daye.

-Traded G Eric Maynor and a 2015 second-round draft pick to Philadelphia and F Jan Vesely to Denver, who sent G Andre Miller to Washington and a 2016 second-round draft pick to Philadelphia. Philadelphia sent a protected 2014 second-round draft pick to Washington.

(02-21-2014 03:01 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  Lots of movement w the trade deadline. Philly has a solid young core and tons of draft picks. It will be interesting to see what they do in te next five years.

Indy picks up Evan Turner... Scary!

As long as ET limits the jumpshots particularly 3-pointers, the move can really help the Pacers. Laugh
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 05:54 PM by Joga Bonito.)
02-21-2014 05:05 PM
WestCoast Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

As it stands still looking at San Antonio vs. the Heat.

I think Westbrook is an overrated point guard (i know let the critics chime in) I just can't see how that guy can be the number two piece in the clutch. He is not a very good decision maker, even looking at today he pulls up for a wild three because he wants to be "the star". I think OKC would be better off trading him for chris paul (you guys get the idea)

I feel more comfortable with SA than i do with the heat but i'll tell you this, D Wade looks 100%. I hope they simply sit him for more games though, no reason for him to play the full season and they should just let him go all out against Indiana the last couple games. Also Greg oden is slowly getting more playing time, he seems to be a good fit if he can play some D against Hibbert.

Also LBJ still looks like he is the best player in the game, he's just too efficient. Although KD or LBJ getting the MVP wouldn't be a big deal its clear there is a wide margin between those two and anyone else. Pretty much a cliff drop.
02-23-2014 10:25 PM