Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The NBA Thread
YoungDominican Offline
Woodpecker

RE: The NBA Thread
Stevenson is just on some all-star shit in this game.

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.
05-20-2014 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes YoungDominican's post:
Giovonny
TheBulldozer Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

That's an awesome job by James in the 4th tonight. Answered the bell.
05-20-2014 10:04 PM
Professor Fox Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I feel like even though the Pacers play the Heat better than possibly any other team in the league, Miami will eventually prevail in 6-7 games.
05-20-2014 10:12 PM
Chewbacon Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

(05-20-2014 12:16 PM)kosko Wrote:  As much as part of me just wants to see the Hear get smoked off by Indy. The re-match up of last year is to good to ignore.

Also real talk. If KD looses this series don't be surprised if next year is his last year in OKC. OKC is still a charity case and they won't push luxury tax status to keep all of their core around which they have squeezed all they can out of. KD will realize he might make the finals twice in his prime staying in the West. He's burned all his blanks so far and only has two shots left before they have to nuke the roster. He will move to the East where he can compete more easily if he can't get a ring in OKC.

Toronto has been courting him low key. His next contract setting lines up with Toronto having room on its books. They will aggressively go after him. The Raptors were his favorite team growing up, and this market is quiet enough for him to sty low key like he likes to by not being stuck in some small sleep town like OKC. It's either the Raptors, his hometown Wizards, or he stays in OKC.

wow i would LOVE this. But it's quite hard to believe any big star ever signing with TO (have we ever had a star not from the draft?)
05-20-2014 10:52 PM
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Surprised there are no comments about tonight's game!
The Spurs are demolishing, destroying, murdering, toying with OKC! The way the 2 teams are playing, this has the making a clean and fast sweep by the Spurs!!
05-21-2014 10:08 PM
Slim Shady Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Kevin Durant say: Serge Ibaka, you the real MVP

What a beatdown

You don't get there till you get there
05-21-2014 10:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim Shady's post:
JoyStick
Mentavious Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(05-21-2014 10:08 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Surprised there are no comments about tonight's game!
The Spurs are demolishing, destroying, murdering, toying with OKC! The way the 2 teams are playing, this has the making a clean and fast sweep by the Spurs!!

Nothing left to be said. Spurs are doing the talking for us.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock
05-21-2014 10:26 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mentavious's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Professor Fox Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I thought the Spurs looked like a paper tiger in their series with Dallas. Turns out they were just getting warmed up!
05-21-2014 11:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Professor Fox's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Professor Fox Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

[Image: 8XwtBVV.gif]
05-21-2014 11:25 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like Professor Fox's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Slim Shady, kosko, Giovonny, Mentavious, JoyStick, Cr33pin, signoria, Belize King
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

An incredible stat:
112th post season win for the trio Duncan-Parker-Ginobili making them the winningest trio in history of the NBA ahead of Kareem Abdul Jabari, Magic and Cooper!
Following article goes over this historic feat:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/05/22...bahpsplit1

A beautiful video tribute made about the Spurs' beautiful way to play:
http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2014/05/21/...iful-game/
05-22-2014 01:49 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vacancier Permanent's post:
JoyStick
JoyStick Offline
Pelican

(05-21-2014 10:26 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  
(05-21-2014 10:08 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Surprised there are no comments about tonight's game!

Nothing left to be said. Spurs are doing the talking for us.

It's wierd. Even Sportcenter pretty much ignored the game and chose to focus on Mark Cuban's attention whoring ass instead.
05-22-2014 08:50 PM
PrimeTime32 Offline
Woodpecker

Heat are slapping the Pacers. The Heat will beat the Spurs again in the finals whether you guys like it or not.
05-24-2014 10:22 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like PrimeTime32's post:
Cr33pin, Giovonny
kapitaw Offline
Sparrow

Are you watching the games or looking at boxscores? The Heat are getting outplayed by the Pacers for at least half the game. Then the 4th quarter comes around and the Pacers don't know how to close games out. They have defensive lapses, turn the ball over, and can't figure out how to exploit matchups on offense. Both Games 2 and 3 were winnable for the Pacers, and if they were a more experienced team accustomed to championship level basketball they would be up 3-0. If they win Game 4 I say there's still a chance that the Pacers win in 7.

If the Heat prevail, I don't see them beating the Spurs. San Antonio simply doesn't make those late-game mistakes that have plagued Indiana. They're a confident, consistent offensive team, they have great bench scoring, and team defense to stop the Heat. By far the Spurs look like the most dominant team in the playoffs, I think they'll beat Miami in 5 or 6.
05-25-2014 05:51 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kapitaw's post:
Vacancier Permanent
JoyStick Offline
Pelican

Ibaka!
05-25-2014 02:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoyStick's post:
Giovonny
PrimeTime32 Offline
Woodpecker

I said it once and I'll say it again. The Spurs can't beat a healthy Thunder team. Ibaka changes everything with his combination of size and athleticism.
05-25-2014 09:53 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes PrimeTime32's post:
Giovonny
JoyStick Offline
Pelican

(05-25-2014 09:53 PM)PrimeTime32 Wrote:  I said it once and I'll say it again. The Spurs can't beat a healthy Thunder team. Ibaka changes everything with his combination of size and athleticism.

Don't get ahead of yourself. That's probably going to be their only win in the series.
05-25-2014 09:58 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like JoyStick's post:
Vacancier Permanent, 2Wycked, Mentavious
Professor Fox Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

05-26-2014 02:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Professor Fox's post:
Vacancier Permanent
JayMillz Offline
Hummingbird

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2014 05:20 PM by JayMillz.)
05-26-2014 05:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JayMillz's post:
Vacancier Permanent
JayMillz Offline
Hummingbird

Lance Stevenson is a JOKE!!
05-26-2014 10:37 PM
2Wycked Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

^ I loved Ray Allen's comments on ESPN about Lance...the Heat are clowning the Pacers right now.

What's funny is this Heat team is basically an older, creakier version of last years team, but now they have the Pacers on the ropes this year, when the Pacers took the Heat to game 7 last year.

Conference Finals (and playoffs in the 1st round) have been bizarre this year. Got Ibaka out for the season coming back after 2 games, Ray Allen jumping into a time machine to drop treys like he did in his prime, Roy Hibbert only able to play at an All-Star level or bench fodder in a game and Rashard fucking Lewis starting at PF for the defending champs and move to 3-1 with that line-up. What the fuck!

I will say this: Please, oh please, NBA Gods...give us unrepentant sexist assholes on RVF a Game 7 Spurs v. Heat in the Finals, please!!!

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
05-27-2014 04:45 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like 2Wycked's post:
Slim Shady, Vacancier Permanent
kapitaw Offline
Sparrow

(05-27-2014 04:45 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  ^ I loved Ray Allen's comments on ESPN about Lance...the Heat are clowning the Pacers right now.

What's funny is this Heat team is basically an older, creakier version of last years team, but now they have the Pacers on the ropes this year, when the Pacers took the Heat to game 7 last year.

Conference Finals (and playoffs in the 1st round) have been bizarre this year. Got Ibaka out for the season coming back after 2 games, Ray Allen jumping into a time machine to drop treys like he did in his prime, Roy Hibbert only able to play at an All-Star level or bench fodder in a game and Rashard fucking Lewis starting at PF for the defending champs and move to 3-1 with that line-up. What the fuck!

I will say this: Please, oh please, NBA Gods...give us unrepentant sexist assholes on RVF a Game 7 Spurs v. Heat in the Finals, please!!!

It has been a strange Conference Finals this year. I think the Pacers-Heat series is just about wrapped up, but I'll be interested in seeing the Spurs-Thunder Game 4. Thunder won Game 3 pretty decidedly but the Spurs had one of their worst offensive games in the year, and still were down single digits for most of the game.

The Pacers inexplicably suck. There's either gotta be something going on in the locker room of the players just don't have the mentality to win. Hibbert reminds me of Ilgauskas without a jumper, George isn't a star, Stephenson is either really good or really bad, and they can't get West the ball. Don't get me wrong, the Heat are playing great defense, but the Pacers just aren't showing the effort or execution needed to win a Conference Finals series.

I expected a Spurs Heat rematch at the beginning of the playoffs and it's looking that way. I think it'll go 7 games too. A lot of people seem bored at the prospect of a finals rematch, but I'm pretty excited for it. Any real basketball fan should love watching the Spurs play, and it'll be 7 games of the two best teams in the league playing the highest quality of basketball on the planet. Also a team vs. superstars narrative going on. I'm picking Spurs in 7 (assuming they beat the Thunder in game 4).

By the way, I found a really great torrent site for downloading NBA games. It cost some money to be a member ($30 for a season, $80 for lifetime pass) but it's a great investment for me. I'm living in Japan now so the times aren't really good for me to watch, and if I do it's a shitty quality stream. With this site the games are available like 15 minutes after they're over, and it takes me around 20 minutes to download them in 720p quality. They also have NHL Playoff games and a bunch of other sports videos. Pretty sure they upload regular season NBA games too. If you're overseas or want to have these games on your computer it's a great deal. Let me know if any of you guys are interested and I'll PM you the link.
05-27-2014 06:08 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kapitaw's post:
Vacancier Permanent
Slim Shady Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

I love the Thunder comeback storyline, but....GINOBLIIIII!

In the end Manu had a totally off end of playoffs last year. That doesn't look like it will happen this time. He's gonna carry the Spurs against the Thunder is they win.

He is also the biggest X factor against the Heat, because Parker can dominate Chalmers, but has a tougher time obviously against Westbrook/Jackson, etc.

You don't get there till you get there
05-27-2014 08:37 AM
TheRookie Offline
Woodpecker

Skip Bayless is a guy that loves Dwyane Wade and thinks LeBron James is supremely talented but flawed. Although I think Bayless is too hard on LeBron, he does have a point. Wade is mentally tougher and a better leader. He is always in control of his emotions. You don't see Wade preen in front of the cameras or feel the need to give a royal edict on every issue under the sun on ESPN like LeBron does.

For example LeBron has his own silly LeBron App:

Today Skip Bayless tweeted this:

[Image: c5OeF1g.jpg]

When I read this tweet I got a hunch that Wade grew up with his father. I already knew that LeBron never had a father.

Sure enough, Wade grew up with his father, who was a hardass on him and contributed to his mental toughness.

Link:

Quote:Many elements fused fruitfully to allow Wade to blossom into one of the NBA's most marketable stars. But there is no question about the platform from which Wade's career was launched. Ask Wade about his toughest critic. Ask him about his most challenging opponent. Ask him who has given him the most physical abuse on the court. The answer to all of those questions is the same.

The answer is Dwyane Wade Sr., a longtime rec league star who used to show up at his son's high-school practices hoping for some minutes -- for himself -- and always vowed he would be able to dunk on his 50th birthday. He's now 48.

You think Wade took a hard hit from the Indiana Pacers' Ron Artest back in May, when Artest was called for a flagrant foul and Miami fans howled?

You should have seen his father muscle him around the driveway.

"He taught me the game, what I needed to know to win games," Wade said after a recent practice. "My toughness on the court came from him knocking me down and not picking me up. . . . He was one of the biggest influences on me. He put the ball in my hands.

"He played all day and all night, and I wanted to, too."

Quote:Wade Sr. proved an enforcer in other matters, ensuring that his son would not only play the game well, but behave himself off the court. Wade's father was divorced from his mother not long after his son was born. Wade lived with his mother and three sisters on the South Side of Chicago until he was 8, then moved in with his father and his second wife and her three sons. He remained there until his junior year of high school, when he moved in with his eventual mother-in-law. That was a bad time. Wade's father and stepmother were having marital problems and Wade became frustrated by the fighting.

Quote:Though Wade moved out, he never really left his father behind. Careful to remove a wad of gum from his mouth before facing a circle of television cameras for a recent interview, Wade doesn't sport a single tattoo, a rarity in the NBA. He doesn't drink. He seems thoughtful about his conduct. "I always wanted to keep my parents happy, let them know they were raising a good child," he said.

When he lived with his father he was given certain choices to make. And then there were the hard-core rules. No tattoos. No earrings. No baseball caps or hats. At Marquette, Wade decided he finally would get that tattoo his father forbade, envisioning a basketball hoop on his arm somewhere.

"I walked in [to a tattoo shop] and walked right back out," he said. "It just didn't feel like me."
05-27-2014 12:12 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like TheRookie's post:
Giovonny, kdolo, Professor Fox, Vacancier Permanent
JoyStick Offline
Pelican

What did Ray Allen say about Lance Stephenson? I missed it.
05-27-2014 01:02 PM
Professor Fox Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

San Antonio Spurs - ON THE COURT

M. Belinelli
C. Joseph
M. Bonner
A. Baynes
J. Ayres