I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The NBA Thread
Moma Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: The NBA Thread
TheSlayer - I agree with you 100 percent. I don't fault Lebron for the decision. I felt the organisation of the Cavs disrespected him by allowing Delonte West to have sex with his mother and not at least give him the heads up.

Although that's something the NBA will cover up, the streets have spoken and that is the ultimate disrespect to a black American..to openly fcuk his mum like that.

Lebron wanted no more to do with Cleveland. Imagine going back and hearing the snickering whispers in the barbershop as they work with his hairline, talking about Delonte hit that well?

No, I support him getting the fcuk out and making 'the Decision'.

Lebron is the MJ of the social media era and he's working with the tools that are out there.

I'm not a Lebron fan per se..his basketball style is clunky and brutal..but I ALWAYS respect hard work and physical talent.

For Pete's sake, the guy is a LEFTY that dominates the league with his off hand! He shoots on and dunks on twits, left, right and centre with his off hand!

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
07-04-2014 07:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Moma's post:
Belize King, Brosemite
TheSlayer Offline
Pelican

(07-04-2014 07:15 AM)Moma Wrote:  I felt the organisation of the Cavs disrespected him by allowing Delonte West to have sex with his mother and not at least give him the heads up.

Was that rumor ever substantiated? I remember it was a big deal during the 10 Celtics series when LeBron had that game 5.

Yeah, he had full right to leave that shit organization. He was in a lose-lose situation there.
07-04-2014 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Cr33pin Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

A little bird (Q TIP) told me Lebron is headed back to the Cavs.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
07-08-2014 10:24 AM
MY DETROIT PLAYAS Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

IMO LBJ definitely leaves town if Bosh takes the Rockets offer - 22M PER

Otherwise, he stays and trys to snag "you know who" or someone who fits into their team philosophy (acquired Grainger & S.Napier)

Bulls looks to be on the outside looking in (again) D Rose says he "won't recruit" fair enough; however, coming off 50 games in the last 28 months looks like he better throw his salesman tie on fast. Listening to talk radio yesterday, seems like Bulls fans feel like they only need a few tweeks plus the old "we got Coach Tibbs speil". Don't think it will be enough, because of their past successes it's championship or die as it should be. This isn't Toronto we're talking about...

LA Lakers are on the clock...who wants to play with a broken down, offensively aggressive, vocal/complainy Hall of Famer? Line em' up boys

Rockets will be tough to deal with if they get Bosh, his shooting (when on) will help clear the line for more DHoward one on one and spread the floor. They seemed to be 1.5 players away from doing some damage

I say all that to say - the fucking Spurs are STILL the squad to beat...dammit

MDP
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 02:02 PM by MY DETROIT PLAYAS.)
07-08-2014 02:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MY DETROIT PLAYAS's post:
JoyStick
samsamsam Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(07-08-2014 02:01 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  I say all that to say - the fucking Spurs are STILL the squad to beat...dammit

Big Grin

I like the Spurs because of how they play and what seems like a team first approach in everything. Pop might seem gruff but he seems like a very caring guy who loves his players.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
07-08-2014 03:21 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like samsamsam's post:
Giovonny, Professor Fox, JoyStick
JayMillz Offline
Hummingbird

Please take a moment to admire the great LeBron for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at the King's history. So many accomplishments Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan will never achieve:

1. Bronze 2006
2. Bronze 2004
3. NBA finals sweep 2007
4. Go entire Finals scoring 20 pts only one time
5. Quit on his team the year after he promises a championship
6. Dunked on by a highschool kid and then confiscate tape
7. Bail on the dunk contest 9 times
8. Only able to win a ring with 2 superstars
9. 7th best player in NBA finals series.
10. Average 1.8 pts in the 4th quarter of NBA finals.
11. Lose not 1, not 2, but 3 times in the Finals.
12. Host a national televised TV show to leave his team
13. Play on the same team as his moms boyfriend
14. Go 2 for 18 in an NBA playoff game.
15. Get stuffed by a player under 6 feet (Nate Robinson)
16. Flop every single game in the playoffs
17. Choke 4 out of 5 finals games by dropping FG% by 18
18. Vow revenge for 2007 sweep, then proceed to choke again

Source: Yahoo
07-10-2014 09:25 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like JayMillz's post:
JoyStick, jmourinho, kosko, Tuthmosis, the chef, Brosemite, JayNull, Giovonny, Mentavious, joshbar
jmourinho Offline
Sparrow

(07-10-2014 09:25 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  Please take a moment to admire the great LeBron for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at the King's history. So many accomplishments Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan will never achieve:

1. Bronze 2006
2. Bronze 2004
3. NBA finals sweep 2007
4. Go entire Finals scoring 20 pts only one time
5. Quit on his team the year after he promises a championship
6. Dunked on by a highschool kid and then confiscate tape
7. Bail on the dunk contest 9 times
8. Only able to win a ring with 2 superstars
9. 7th best player in NBA finals series.
10. Average 1.8 pts in the 4th quarter of NBA finals.
11. Lose not 1, not 2, but 3 times in the Finals.
12. Host a national televised TV show to leave his team
13. Play on the same team as his moms boyfriend
14. Go 2 for 18 in an NBA playoff game.
15. Get stuffed by a player under 6 feet (Nate Robinson)
16. Flop every single game in the playoffs
17. Choke 4 out of 5 finals games by dropping FG% by 18
18. Vow revenge for 2007 sweep, then proceed to choke again

Source: Yahoo

Ohshit2
07-10-2014 11:14 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like jmourinho's post:
kosko, JayMillz, Giovonny
Blackwell Offline
Woodpecker

Does anybody here actually think Lebron will return to Cleveland?

I have officially got my hopes up. I think it would be great from a legacy standpoint and it would really shake the league up.
07-10-2014 02:01 PM
JayNull Offline
Sparrow

^^ Anything is possible. He better hope they don't bring Delonte West back in the league.
It would be interesting to have Wiggins and Lebron on the same team though
07-10-2014 03:08 PM
Professor Fox Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

[Image: BMQ35_rCUAEkX5g.jpg:large]
07-10-2014 10:49 PM
Rotisserie Offline
Banned

Lebron: I'm Coming Home

[Image: BsRqt56CEAAsFBk.png]

Quote:Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Miami, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Miami because of D-Wade and CB. We made sacrifices to keep UD. I loved becoming a big bro to Rio. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life. I also want to thank Micky Arison and Pat Riley for giving me an amazing four years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn’t get along. … He and Riles didn’t get along. … The Heat couldn’t put the right team together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.
07-11-2014 11:30 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Rotisserie's post:
TravelerKai, MidWest
TravelerKai Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Very classy Lebron. I am glad he has matured and grown up. He handled this very well.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
07-11-2014 11:33 AM
Tuthmosis Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 11:33 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  Very classy Lebron. I am glad he has matured and grown up. He handled this very well.

I wonder if this has anything to do with all of the #1 draft picks that have suddenly converged into Cleveland's starting lineup.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter
07-11-2014 11:39 AM
TravelerKai Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 11:39 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 11:33 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  Very classy Lebron. I am glad he has matured and grown up. He handled this very well.

I wonder if this has anything to do with all of the #1 draft picks that have suddenly converged into Cleveland's starting lineup.

No doubt! If they find a way to get Kevin Love too, that will be a wrap! The East was easy to begin with. The West is hard mode and stacked. Even if my Rockets get Bosh, it may not be enough to beat the Spurs, Blazers, Clippers, or Golden State. The Mavs possibly as well if they get Chandler Parsons since we cannot resign him and Bosh at the same time.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 11:43 AM by TravelerKai.)
07-11-2014 11:43 AM
kosko Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

I have no good or bad feelings on this. The Heat are a mess and him going back home just writes the next chapter of the book everybody assumed would happen (most people thought he would go back at some point in his career).

How does he not mention Wiggins? Whom is a first pick just like him? That is easy text to stuff into a phony PR rag. Something tells me he has had this piece on ice for a long time now (prior to the draft and thus for a long time, since the very end of the finals, knew he wanted to bounce) because why wouldn't you mention Wiggins? That is a glaring omission which shows the dated nature of this release.
07-11-2014 11:49 AM
MY DETROIT PLAYAS Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RIP Miami Heat fanbase 2010-2014

MDP
07-11-2014 11:52 AM
[-] The following 14 users Like MY DETROIT PLAYAS's post:
Alan Partridge, Moma, Tigre, Giovonny, Mentavious, Brosemite, ___, tpiddy, JoyStick, Professor Fox, Belize King, jmourinho, TravelerKai, Excelsior
Rotisserie Offline
Banned

(07-11-2014 11:49 AM)kosko Wrote:  How does he not mention Wiggins? Whom is a first pick just like him? That is easy text to stuff into a phony PR rag. Something tells me he has had this piece on ice for a long time now (prior to the draft and thus for a long time, since the very end of the finals, knew he wanted to bounce) because why wouldn't you mention Wiggins? That is a glaring omission which shows the dated nature of this release.

I thought the exact same thing. He doesn't mention Wiggins, probably because Wiggins could be a piece in a deal for Kevin Love, who has apparently said (through a 'source') that he'd be willing to play in Cleveland, if Lebron was there.

Kevin Love is a real stud and meshes extremely well with Lebron, IMO... but giving up Wiggins would be tough. I think he has a huge ceiling.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 11:55 AM by Rotisserie.)
07-11-2014 11:55 AM
samsamsam Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Wow.

Edit: Let me get this straight, ESPN is also saying Cavs have the Heat 2015 1st pick? Ouch, a Heat pick during a rebuilding year...

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 12:02 PM by samsamsam.)
07-11-2014 11:56 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes samsamsam's post:
Brosemite
Alan Partridge Offline
Banned

(07-11-2014 11:52 AM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  RIP Miami Heat fanbase 2010-2014

Hee hee. I love this move by LeBron.

This Eastern Conference shake-up will actually make me interested in watching the NBA again.
07-11-2014 12:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alan Partridge's post:
Moma
Moma Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Lebron dictates his career, he doesn't let the fan or the league decide! Power moves, baby!!

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
07-11-2014 12:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moma's post:
Rotisserie
samsamsam Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

I wonder if he negotiated to own a piece of the team or say over personnel.

With that much negotiating power and him leaving the first time because it seemed like he wasn't getting the talent to help him, I just wonder if he put in some hooks.

07-11-2014 12:20 PM
Chewbacon Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

As a lebron critic, I like this move. This is the kind of team that strikes the healthy balance between the Dleague-2002-2007 cavs and the "stacked" 2010 heat. It has enough talent in kyrie and wiggins/love to help lebron win, without being overpowering.
07-11-2014 12:32 PM
Brosemite Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

D. Wade sacrificed 42 million guaranteed by opting out only for LBJ to go home..........really?

yb13
07-11-2014 12:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brosemite's post:
JoyStick
Rotisserie Offline
Banned

I was just thinking that the first game in Cleveland would be an extremely emotional game. Then I wondered when would be the first Cavs game. Looked it up, Cleveland plays Miami their first preseason game in Rio.

Also read it's a possibility Cleveland only gives up Bennet, Waiters, and a 1st round pick for Love. That would make a Varejao, Love, Lebron, Wiggins, and Kyrie lineup. That Cavs bandwagon is getting mighty crowded.

Love coming over to the Cavs is dependent on Lebron's willingness to commit to the Cavs. 'Sources' say Lebron is interested in a 2 yr deal. That won't fly with other free agents. We'll see what he really signs for.

I'm also glad to see Melo came to his senses and isn't choosing LA. Although I actually would have liked to see that shit show. But Melo on the Bulls? That makes the East mighty interesting, with the Cavs, Pacers, and Bulls very evenly matched...
07-11-2014 01:17 PM
Freddy_1 Offline
Woodpecker

Cavs are not getting Love without getting giving up Wiggins..pretty simple.....Bosh will end up in Houston most likely...have no idea what Wade will do..maybe Chicago?..Either way will will still get 40 or 50 mill over 4/5 years so opting out wasnt that of a big deal...Cant wait to watch Irving and Bron!!!
07-11-2014 01:26 PM