I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The NBA Thread
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

RE: The NBA Thread
Anyone know the terms of the contract? I haven't heard anything.

I wonder if he does a team friendly deal to give them cap space.

EDIT: LOL ESPN just ran that old Sportscenter commercial where some dude steals LeBron's throne. Lebron is wearing his old Cavs jersey.

Found it

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 01:43 PM by samsamsam.)
07-11-2014 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like samsamsam's post:
CRR, JoyStick
kosko Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 12:17 PM)Moma Wrote:  Lebron dictates his career, he doesn't let the fan or the league decide! Power moves, baby!!

The irony is that Dallas forced Bron to move into action. Bron was chilling out and was using the hype machine to give his people in hi circle work and airtime. Dallas wasn't liking Bron slowing down free agency so they signed Parsons to a offer-sheet which forces Houston to make moves on Bosh. All of this forced Bron to make a move before the end of today.

Houston just traded away Lin to make more room so expect Bosh to sign with them today or tomorrow and them try to get back Parsons by Sunday.
07-11-2014 02:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kosko's post:
Brosemite
JayMillz Offline
International Playboy

Well that didn't take long. Let the games begin!!

07-11-2014 03:04 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like JayMillz's post:
JoyStick, Alan Partridge, samsamsam
Alan Partridge Offline
Banned

Where you guys think Melo's ending up? I think he stays in NY.
07-11-2014 03:07 PM
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

I hope the spurs repeat.
07-11-2014 03:18 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoyStick's post:
samsamsam
tomtud Offline
Alpha Male

Moma is right,,,,lebron dictates...... We all know how the NBA loves to have big market teams in the finals etc (can't blame them) having Cleveland as opposed to miami again won't bring in the same numbers of viewers.

Lebron will attract top talent. If they get Love for a steal, they will come out of the East and contend for a championship next season. I don't see the spurs repeating. Although they dominated the Heat, I say injuries to Parker or Duncan will doom them of repeating. Plus, if Houston gets rolling, it's gonna be a challenge.
07-11-2014 03:25 PM
Travesty Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Anyone else feel Kevin Durant could end up the next Dirk?

One surprise championship year 5-7 years down the road and done? I feel like he will stick to OKC like Dirk has to Dallas for good or bad.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

(05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!

WestIndianArchie Wrote:Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems
07-11-2014 03:28 PM
ddjembe mutombo Offline
Chubby Chaser

I liked LeBron's essay. It is good that putting Cleveland back on the map is more important than contending again next year.

(07-11-2014 03:18 PM)JoyStick Wrote:  I hope the spurs repeat.

I hope so too, but they always have some late season injury that sends them out of contention. That team would have dominated last decade (like the bulls did in the 90's) if they didn't have bad injury luck.
07-11-2014 03:42 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like ddjembe mutombo's post:
CRR, samsamsam, JoyStick
MidWest Offline
Banned

(07-11-2014 03:07 PM)Alan Partridge Wrote:  Where you guys think Melo's ending up? I think he stays in NY.

I think Chicago. If it was about the money, Melo would have left already, why is he dragging this so long?

I think he was waiting for LeBron to make his decision. If Lebron was staying in Miami, he would have signed a 1 year deal to join forces with Melo in NY next year. But now that Lebron went to Cleveland I think Melo goes to Chicago.
07-11-2014 04:06 PM
Barron Offline
True Player
Gold Member

The hypocrisy of the Cleveland fans is exceeded only by their ability to hamster celebrating LBJ'S return. Why would you want a quitter on your team? I don't care what his achievements are, that type of attitude is toxic in any organization, especially for younger guys.

You don't see the Spurs' players abandoning ship when they don't win the trophy. They dig in and stick it out.
Cleveland fans possess the mentality of a battered wife just aching for another beating

Spurs to repeat in 2014-15.

two scoops
two genders
two terms
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 04:54 PM by Barron.)
07-11-2014 04:53 PM
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

The Chicago Bulls are interested in discussing a deal with free-agent guard Dwyane Wade, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--b...01221.html

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
07-11-2014 04:58 PM
Tuthmosis Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter
07-11-2014 05:30 PM
JayMillz Offline
International Playboy

(07-11-2014 05:30 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin

Wtf

Means no Melo; Melo hates Lin. Bosh resigned with Miami so Houston needs to make other moves
07-11-2014 05:47 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JayMillz's post:
JoyStick, TravelerKai
Rotisserie Offline
Banned

(07-11-2014 05:47 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Wtf

Means no Melo; Melo hates Lin. Bosh resigned with Miami so Houston needs to make other moves

Bosh is an idiot... I can't believe he's staying in Miami. At least we'll know how truly good Lebron's supporting cast was... yet another measuring stick to see how much help he had compared to other superstars.

But can someone please explain to me why Carmelo doesn't go to Houston, other than market? That would be an extremely scary team. They can also give him the max.

Houston still did well in getting rid of Lin, that's a toxic contract.

But LA wasn't that dumb in taking him on. Lin's huge contract expires after this year, so that comes off for LA, leaving cap space for free agents next year, like Kevin Love, who I hear is dying to play with Kobe.

Laugh5
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 06:53 PM by Rotisserie.)
07-11-2014 06:51 PM
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

(07-11-2014 03:28 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  Anyone else feel Kevin Durant could end up the next Dirk?

One surprise championship year 5-7 years down the road and done? I feel like he will stick to OKC like Dirk has to Dallas for good or bad.

if he's lucky. He could be the next Karl Malone. 0 rings.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 07:46 PM by JoyStick.)
07-11-2014 07:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoyStick's post:
TravelerKai
Chewbacon Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 06:51 PM)Rotisserie Wrote:  

Wtf

Bosh is an idiot... I can't believe he's staying in Miami. At least we'll know how truly good Lebron's supporting cast was... yet another measuring stick to see how much help he had compared to other superstars.

But can someone please explain to me why Carmelo doesn't go to Houston, other than market? That would be an extremely scary team. They can also give him the max.

Houston still did well in getting rid of Lin, that's a toxic contract.

But LA wasn't that dumb in taking him on. Lin's huge contract expires after this year, so that comes off for LA, leaving cap space for free agents next year, like Kevin Love, who I hear is dying to play with Kobe.

Laugh5

Lin is better than nick young. So basically, he is an upgrade over their entire roster, minus kobe (even that is arguable at this point).
07-11-2014 08:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chewbacon's post:
TravelerKai
Slim Shady Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Arguable at this point? You got jokes.

You don't get there till you get there
07-11-2014 09:03 PM
Chewbacon Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 09:03 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  Arguable at this point? You got jokes.

nobody knows how kobe will be coming back from this second injury. He's 35.
07-11-2014 09:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chewbacon's post:
TravelerKai
Chewbacon Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

oh wait, i forgot they still have pau. I think even the lakers forgot they still had pau, because jim buss has done everything he can to disrespect pau for the past 2 years.
07-11-2014 09:23 PM
MidWest Offline
Banned

(07-11-2014 06:51 PM)Rotisserie Wrote:  

Wtf

Because the Rockets don't need more scoring. They need defense. Why have a team that isn't going to play defense? Harden is abysmal on defense and so is Melo. Why add Melo and have Harden and Melo divide the touches? Also with Melo there it doesn't give him a chance to win especially in a stacked Western conference. The East is there for the taking now. There is no longer a big 3 in Miami.

So that's why melo left the whole Houston thing a long time ago. He doesn't want to go to the West. He'll be staying in the East and it will come down to Chicago or New York.
07-11-2014 09:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MidWest's post:
Rotisserie
kosko Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Bosh did weird shit in Toronto too. He's got a home and his wife and kid in South Florida so maybe he is thinking long term and wants to set up his base there. Plus realistically if him and Wade squeeze out some more playoff runs and make one more ECF (not out of the question in the weak east) he will surpass Bron in the Heat all time Mount Rushmore. It's funny because the Heat runied Bosh's game. He went from a beast threat with size, quick first step, great hands, and a crappy but usable distance game. Now he's got his distance shot down but his frail ass can't knock around inside anymore. He's a poor mans dirk right now and he can't thank Spolstera and Riley for pigeon hole'n him into that slot.

They need somebody to score. Whom the hell is going to drop 20-25 consistently for the Heat each night?
07-11-2014 09:25 PM
MidWest Offline
Banned

^^^^ Going by what you said, I think the Heat players got lazy, especially Wade. Now that Lebron left, the big 3 will no longer have privileges to sit out and rest some games like they did a lot during their reign. Remember that Wade would not hesitate to come back because Lebron would carry the load for him.

The big 3 relied heavily on LeBron and he felt like he had to carry this team just like he did when he was in Cleveland. So in that sense I think LeBron felt that if he was going to carry the Heat on his shoulders going forward, he might as well do it in his hometown in Cleveland.
07-11-2014 09:40 PM
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

(07-11-2014 09:23 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  oh wait, i forgot they still have pau. I think even the lakers forgot they still had pau, because jim buss has done everything he can to disrespect pau for the past 2 years.

The Spurs are going after Gasol. Imagine a Duncan/Gasol frontcourt. Nuts
07-11-2014 09:49 PM
Chewbacon Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

it's looks like the latest events are god's way of punishing houston for being assholes to j-lin.

Now they have to match dallas on parsons, bosh re-signed with miami, and it does not look like carmelo is coming.

Karma is a bitch, darryl morey. They'll never get out of the west with the current roster.
07-11-2014 10:38 PM
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 09:49 PM)JoyStick Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 09:23 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  oh wait, i forgot they still have pau. I think even the lakers forgot they still had pau, because jim buss has done everything he can to disrespect pau for the past 2 years.

The Spurs are going after Gasol. Imagine a Duncan/Gasol frontcourt. Nuts

I hope he goes there. Might add a couple extra years to Duncan's career and Pau's if Pop can manage the minutes right.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
07-11-2014 10:43 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like samsamsam's post:
Chewbacon, JoyStick