I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The NBA Thread
Brosemite Offline
True Player
Gold Member

RE: The NBA Thread
(07-11-2014 10:38 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  it's looks like the latest events are god's way of punishing houston for being assholes to j-lin.

Now they have to match dallas on parsons, bosh re-signed with miami, and it does not look like carmelo is coming.

Karma is a bitch, darryl morey. They'll never get out of the west with the current roster.

I think Houston dodged a bullet with Bosh resigning in Miami.

They need the cap space to acquire more role players instead of handing out a max contract to an underwhelming "star" who isn't the physical athlete he once was in Toronto.

Think about it. Bosh has 2 rings, no legacy to protect, and can now collect his $$$ while passing go. If he went to Houston, there would've been a lot of pressure to "win now" in a much more difficult Western Conference. I don't even think Houston "with Bosh" could get past San Antonio let alone Portland again lol. Any fan with common sense could envision that...which was likely the same thought process Bosh had.

So he can coast along in Miami with fans that really don't give a shit allowing him to lead a comfortable life whereas the Houston fans/media would've been more critical in that professional sports fish bowl.

yb13
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 11:03 PM by Brosemite.)
07-11-2014 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Brosemite's post:
Joga Bonito, CRR, JoyStick, TravelerKai
Chewbacon Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 11:00 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 10:38 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  it's looks like the latest events are god's way of punishing houston for being assholes to j-lin.

Now they have to match dallas on parsons, bosh re-signed with miami, and it does not look like carmelo is coming.

Karma is a bitch, darryl morey. They'll never get out of the west with the current roster.

I think Houston dodged a bullet with Bosh resigning in Miami.

They need the cap space to acquire more role players instead of handing out a max contract to an underwhelming "star" who isn't the physical athlete he once was in Toronto.

Think about it. Bosh has 2 rings, no legacy to protect, and can now collect his $$$ while passing go. If he went to Houston, there would've been a lot of pressure to "win now" in a much more difficult Western Conference. I don't even think Houston "with Bosh" could get past San Antonio let alone Portland again lol. Any fan with common sense could envision that...which was likely the same thought process Bosh had.

So he can coast along in Miami with fans that really don't give a shit allowing him to lead a comfortable life whereas the Houston fans/media would've been more critical in that professional sports fish bowl.

Fair. But it just doesn't look like houston is getting a star this season. And does it look like they can make a run for a good one next? I don't see rondo wanting to play with ball-dominant harden, and I think Love gets traded to Cleveland or ends up signing with the lakers via a tacit behind the scenes agreement with another star.
07-11-2014 11:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chewbacon's post:
TravelerKai
Brosemite Offline
True Player
Gold Member

^^ Good pts...but do you see another so-called added "star" in Houston propelling the team past the Clippers, Blazers, OKC, or Spurs? One that is attainable for them?

In this situation..that would be more about "keeping up with the Jones-es" opposed to constructing a roster with greater substance

yb13
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 11:22 PM by Brosemite.)
07-11-2014 11:10 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brosemite's post:
TravelerKai
CRR Offline
Wingman

If the Cavs were to try to trade for Kevin Love, I'm not sure I'd do it if I had to include Wiggins.

Kevin Love is very good, but I'm always wary of someone who puts up big numbers for a bad team. Plus, the thought of Wiggins learning under Lebron, being the Pippen to his MJ, running the break with him. I'd almost rather give up Kyrie Irving, a horrible defender, who also has put up good numbers on a bad team. The Cavs apparently are also planning on running a motion offense, which would very much suit Wiggins on offense. Wiggins also has a very high upside as a defender.

So for next year, sure Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving would be better than Wiggins. Two years from now, I'm not so sure.
07-11-2014 11:49 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like CRR's post:
Rotisserie, Chewbacon, JoyStick
2Wycked Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Vince Carter to the Griz

Looks like the Grizzlies are assuming Mike Miller will jump ship and head off to Cleveland with LeBron.

What interests me is what will happen to Ray Allen. He decided to play another year and Cleveland had made some noises about bringing Ray Ray on board. If they sign Miller and keep Wiggins around, what happens to Ray? Allen would not seem to fit in that scenario. Who would he sign with?

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
07-12-2014 12:19 AM
Cr33pin Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

[Image: 10511366_782819438416607_1293447867511237017_n.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
07-12-2014 01:07 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like Cr33pin's post:
Alan Partridge, TravelerKai, JoyStick, samsamsam, Vacancier Permanent, SpiderKing, Deuce Anna Half, Goldin Boy
tomtud Offline
Alpha Male

Chris Bosh signing a max contract in Miami............ If he has similar numbers as he did in Toronto then ok, but he will be 35 by the 5th year of the contract,,,,will he be worth it then?
07-12-2014 01:37 AM
Excelsior Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

[Image: 10518084_1495520470682620_2036273461_n.jpg]

[Image: 10499319_696961343672745_519359218_n.jpg]

[Image: 10507813_730489980357165_1469566267_n.jpg]

[Image: 10540464_1437717926492336_1141625452_n.jpg]

[Image: 10513926_312931655538487_601009295_n.jpg]

[Image: 10520403_1506214906281892_875475233_n.jpg]

[Image: 10533588_1499196943649116_1209598155_n.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 02:20 AM by Excelsior.)
07-12-2014 02:07 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like Excelsior's post:
2Wycked, kosko, JayMillz, Moma, TravelerKai, JoyStick, Vacancier Permanent, Trip, SpiderKing, Akula, joshbar
Moma Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 08:48 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  Lin is better than nick young. So basically, he is an upgrade over their entire roster, minus kobe (even that is arguable at this point).

Shan, Lin ain't that nice..he got a lot of big hype cos he's Asian..but when you put him down against raw talent..he's aight..not sure if he better than Nick Young and DEFINITELY NOT Kobe.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
07-12-2014 07:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Moma Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-11-2014 09:25 PM)kosko Wrote:  Bosh did weird shit in Toronto too.

They need somebody to score. Whom the hell is going to drop 20-25 consistently for the Heat each night?

What weird shyt did Bosh do in Toronto? And what will he do now that Bron Bron is gone? Start to drop the '20-25' per game needed for them to win?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
07-12-2014 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Chewbacon Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(07-12-2014 07:56 AM)Moma Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 08:48 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  Lin is better than nick young. So basically, he is an upgrade over their entire roster, minus kobe (even that is arguable at this point).

Shan, Lin ain't that nice..he got a lot of big hype cos he's Asian..but when you put him down against raw talent..he's aight..not sure if he better than Nick Young and DEFINITELY NOT Kobe.

He's not an amazing player by any stretch, but he still hasn't been fully utilized the way he was during linsanity. But in Houston, he's had great - even amazing - games when allowed to be the ball dominant point guard. His defense is suspect, but he looked like the great wall of china compared to james harden. It's funny, because Morrey and McFail did everything they could this season to reduce his trade value when they knew they were trying to trade him. Smart moves by the moneyball exec.

Nick Young - until Kobe went down - was known was a poor man's JR Smith. A huge chucker who made boneheaded plays. He is a black hole. His usage has obviously skyrocketed since Kobe went down, so his points have gone up, but he's still a poor shooter (worse than lin). His only redeeming quality is a decent three point percentage.
07-12-2014 08:57 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Chewbacon's post:
Brosemite, TravelerKai
Brosemite Offline
True Player
Gold Member

^^^ Good pt Shanbangs.

I truly think Lin isn't ready yet for a "win now" situation. He'd be much better developing in the weaker Eastern Conference...especially if he had a mentor or coach like Jason Kidd. Lin had a chance to stay with the Knicks albeit with less money to be mentored by the newly acquired Kidd who was brought in Summer of 2012 to be the backup point guard...only for Lin to jump ship to Houston for the $$$. I don't blame Lin for signing that offer sheet...but for development purposes...he could've learned a bit from Kidd.

If Steve Nash is somehow affiliated with the Lakers for next season, Lin should definitely seek long-term mentoring from him. Even Nash after getting drafted learned a bit behind the likes of Kevin Johnson/Jason Kidd during his first stint with the Suns before leaving to Dallas.

Kidd on the other hand was a guy who got mentored by Gary Payton before his NBA career started through family connections.

yb13
07-12-2014 10:54 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Brosemite's post:
Chewbacon, SpiderKing
Chewbacon Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(07-12-2014 10:54 AM)Brosemite Wrote:  ^^^ Good pt Shanbangs.

I truly think Lin isn't ready yet for a "win now" situation. He'd be much better developing in the weaker Eastern Conference...especially if he had a mentor or coach like Jason Kidd. Lin had a chance to stay with the Knicks albeit with less money to be mentored by the newly acquired Kidd who was brought in Summer of 2012 to be the backup point guard...only for Lin to jump ship to Houston for the $$$. I don't blame Lin for signing that offer sheet...but for development purposes...he could've learned a bit from Kidd.

If Steve Nash is somehow affiliated with the Lakers for next season, Lin should definitely seek long-term mentoring from him. Even Nash after getting drafted learned a bit behind the likes of Kevin Johnson/Jason Kidd during his first stint with the Suns before leaving to Dallas.

Kidd on the other hand was a guy who got mentored by Gary Payton before his NBA career started through family connections.

I think the issue with the knicks at the time was Lin/Carmelo didn't work. And I'm not 100% sure woodson or carmelo really wanted lin around. Also, when he signed with houston, nobody had anticipated they would be getting harden. Without harden, lin probably would have had more usage to develop.
07-12-2014 11:45 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Chewbacon's post:
Brosemite, TravelerKai
TravelerKai Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-12-2014 11:45 AM)SHANbangs Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 10:54 AM)Brosemite Wrote:  ^^^ Good pt Shanbangs.

I think the issue with the knicks at the time was Lin/Carmelo didn't work. And I'm not 100% sure woodson or carmelo really wanted lin around. Also, when he signed with houston, nobody had anticipated they would be getting harden. Without harden, lin probably would have had more usage to develop.

Quote:He's not an amazing player by any stretch, but he still hasn't been fully utilized the way he was during linsanity. But in Houston, he's had great - even amazing - games when allowed to be the ball dominant point guard. His defense is suspect, but he looked like the great wall of china compared to james harden. It's funny, because Morrey and McFail did everything they could this season to reduce his trade value when they knew they were trying to trade him. Smart moves by the moneyball exec.

See that's why I am starting to get disenchanted with Morey. I heard some rumor that Lebron and some other stars think he is a cold-hearted man that treats players like trading cards. That's why no great free agents will come here. Look at Bosh for example. We had Kyle Lowry. They dogged him out and when good ole Morey comes groveling back to him, he says no thanks.

Kevin McHale is probably not the right coach for them. All of our players are raw and need development. Parsons developed well under Kevin because they are more similar as players. He was a 2nd round draft pick and he already shining. We are doing the opposite of the Spurs. We always let go of good players because we want everything immediately without working for it. I don't even want to get into the mess that was Dwight. At least they got him to stop eating 20 chocolate bars per day unlike the idiotic Lakers. All that chocolate was inflaming his body. Now he looks very healthy.

I dunno man. The Rockets front office is just fake as hell. They were one pick away from grabbing Shabazz Napier and failed to get him too. They evaluate talent well and have a decent farm system, but they let good players go too fast and too often. The NBA is a players league, it's not the NFL.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
07-12-2014 12:46 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like TravelerKai's post:
Chewbacon, Brosemite, SpiderKing
Vacancier Permanent Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

With Bron Bron (lol) gone, is that officially the demise of the Heat as a title contender team?
07-12-2014 03:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vacancier Permanent's post:
Brosemite
Rotisserie Offline
Banned

07-12-2014 04:30 PM
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Fuck looks like pau to the bulls. Would have been awesome if he went to the Spurs.

LeBron deal is 2 years for 42.1M, 2nd year player option to opt out.

It seems, the 2 year deal is due to the new collective bargaining and TV contracts.

Quote:With the Collective Bargaining Agreement likely coming up in 2017 and the league's TV contract coming up in 2016, analysts expect there to be a big increase in the pie being divided up between the players and the owners.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 05:10 PM by samsamsam.)
07-12-2014 05:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes samsamsam's post:
JoyStick
Goldin Boy Offline
Alpha Male

In less than a week Heat went from best team in the East to the worst

On the upside, now's the time to buy Lebron James jerseys and sell them in Ohio b/c everyone burned theirs 4 years ago lol

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  ...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.
07-12-2014 05:13 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Goldin Boy's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Chewbacon, Alan Partridge, Excelsior, Deuce Anna Half
JayMillz Offline
International Playboy

(07-12-2014 04:30 PM)Rotisserie Wrote:  Carmelo going back to the Knicks.
Guess Melo's all about the payday. Jackson's hands were kind of tied on this one.
07-12-2014 08:29 PM
JoyStick Offline
Alpha Male

The forum's favorite rapper Drake, the epitome of bandwagon fan.

"Of course, I’m gonna go watch games in Cleveland. If not for LeBron—who I said is a BROTHER to me, we’ve got three kids from Toronto on one team, plus Manziel who is part of our family and our brother. I definitely have to look into some real estate in Cleveland and spend some months of the year out there. Like I said, my teams will always forever be who they are but I will support the group who has shifted to Cleveland."

"For Cleveland, a place that I’ve been to time and time again when I’ve been to touring, it's gonna be great for them, I’d love to see them grow."
07-12-2014 09:35 PM
dads Offline
Wingman

delete
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 01:00 AM by dads.)
07-12-2014 11:01 PM
kosko Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(07-12-2014 09:35 PM)JoyStick Wrote:  The forum's favorite rapper Drake, the epitome of bandwagon fan.

"Of course, I’m gonna go watch games in Cleveland. If not for LeBron—who I said is a BROTHER to me, we’ve got three kids from Toronto on one team, plus Manziel who is part of our family and our brother. I definitely have to look into some real estate in Cleveland and spend some months of the year out there. Like I said, my teams will always forever be who they are but I will support the group who has shifted to Cleveland."

"For Cleveland, a place that I’ve been to time and time again when I’ve been to touring, it's gonna be great for them, I’d love to see them grow."

Its half bandwagon, and half trying to steal them Canadian kids away when they come up for contracts.

Even for Bron, as crazy as it sounds, once you factor out the big 3 market teams (Chicago, LA, Knicks) Toronto would of been right up there after Miami, Cleveland, and tax havens in Texas (Houston, Dallas, etc). Bron could of had a heavy business relationship with condos, restaurants, and nightclubs here in the city that Cleveland could not offer and only be a 45 mins flight away from downtown to his home in Akron. Toronto isn't on America's radar but for a business savvy guy he would of gotten more then just a contract from the Raptors. The MLSE Corp would extended much more in equity in different opportunities that other teams wouldn't think, or be open to offer (NFL team down the road... maybe, possible play at a EPL Soccer team, Condos, restaurants, a new nightclub in the Arena).

There was low key rumblings that Drake at least tried to sell that vision to Bron's team and they were listening. The time frames did not match up as Toronto isnt where it should be yet, and its cap isn't clearing up till NEXT year, but it wasn't that far of a stretch.
07-12-2014 11:47 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like kosko's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Chewbacon, SpiderKing
MidWest Offline
Banned

(07-12-2014 05:08 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  Fuck looks like pau to the bulls. Would have been awesome if he went to the Spurs.

LeBron deal is 2 years for 42.1M, 2nd year player option to opt out.

It seems, the 2 year deal is due to the new collective bargaining and TV contracts.

Quote:With the Collective Bargaining Agreement likely coming up in 2017 and the league's TV contract coming up in 2016, analysts expect there to be a big increase in the pie being divided up between the players and the owners.

I honestly don't see how the Bulls would use Pau Gasol. As a Bulls fan I'm scratching my head with this one. I'm not sure if he's much of an upgrade from Carlos Boozer. Stats wise Pau is just slightly better than Boozer. Also we have Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic who is coming over from Spain. I just don't see the need for 3 power forwards.
07-13-2014 12:12 AM
MidWest Offline
Banned

(07-12-2014 08:29 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 04:30 PM)Rotisserie Wrote:  Carmelo going back to the Knicks.
Guess Melo's all about the payday. Jackson's hands were kind of tied on this one.

I really wanted Melo to go to the Bulls. Remember that the Bulls were the 4th seed last year and went to the playoffs WITHOUT Rose and achieved it with strong coaching by thibs and defense. You add a healhty Rose and that team contends for the ECF. You add Carmelo Anthony to the already strong defense of Noah, Taj, and Jimmy Butler, along side Rose and they are favorites to win the East since there is no big 3 anymore. You also add the number 11th lotery pick this year in Doug McDermott who is a strong 3 point shooter along with the best player outside the U.S. coming over from Spain in Nikola Mirotic and the Bulls are favorites to win it all. I don't care what people say, that is a nasty team. But Melo chose the money.

At the same time I don't blame Melo, I'm not even mad at him. $50 million dollars is a lot of money to pass up. No one in their right mind would pass up on $50 million. What could have been.
07-13-2014 12:23 AM
2Wycked Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Paul Pierce...to the Wizards.

Not making that up.

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
07-13-2014 02:21 AM