I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The NBA Thread
MidWest Offline
Banned

RE: The NBA Thread
Derrick Rose injured again. Hope its not too serious.

11-14-2014 01:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
BallsDeep Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

[Image: eVEE6ARl.jpg]
11-14-2014 01:16 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BallsDeep's post:
TravelerKai
Freddy_1 Offline
Woodpecker

Rose will be fine might miss a game or 2...some great moves tonight..still got that amazing burst..love watching him play so much.
11-14-2014 02:04 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Freddy_1's post:
MidWest, Mentavious, kapitaw
Mentavious Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

Yeh he looked good last night

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock
11-14-2014 07:09 AM
boinerd Offline
Banned

The Big Fundamentals!

[Image: B2dEqvAIMAAbEoR.jpg]
11-15-2014 12:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like boinerd's post:
Vacancier Permanent, 2Wycked, TravelerKai, Sturmgeist, jariel, Giovonny, Pontifex Maximus
Travesty Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Rose is the next Brandon Roy unfortunately, if he's lucky have a Grant Hill type future.
11-15-2014 12:13 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Travesty's post:
boinerd, TravelerKai, Sturmgeist, jariel
JayStrong Offline
Pigeon

Knicks are 2-8....I'm still mad over that Bargnani trade...

And I don't get all the criticism Derrick Rose gets, is he injury prone? Yes, but who am I or anyone else to tell him how well his knee or ankle has healed, I'm sure he wants to get back on the floor more than anyone else does, the whole Derrick Rose is soft thing is ridiculous to me.
11-15-2014 12:34 AM
2Wycked Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Think the Celtics can make some noise in the East?

Old Chinese Man Wrote:  why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
11-15-2014 12:40 AM
Sonsowey Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(11-15-2014 12:34 AM)JayStrong Wrote:  Knicks are 2-8....I'm still mad over that Bargnani trade...

Well next year he and Amare are off the books so that's something to look forward to at least. You guys gotta get some kinda interior defense going on.

RVF Book Club February: Julius Evola - Revolt Against the Modern World
11-15-2014 07:30 PM
Sonsowey Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(11-15-2014 12:40 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  Think the Celtics can make some noise in the East?

Maybe an 8 seed if some teams get bad injury luck but there are definitely 8 teams better than them. Basically last year's playoffs teams are good again, plus the Cavs.

11-15-2014 07:32 PM
redbeard Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

DAME is a real baller. I like him more each day.

11-15-2014 08:31 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like redbeard's post:
jariel, Giovonny
boinerd Offline
Banned

I guess I would like Kobe to be traded for a 6th ring.
11-16-2014 01:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes boinerd's post:
Akula
redbeard Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

The other day a buddy from Malaysia asked me how to play good defense. Here's an example.

http://gfycat.com/FatSpryIberianlynx
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 01:59 PM by redbeard.)
11-16-2014 01:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes redbeard's post:
Giovonny
Merenguero Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(11-16-2014 01:58 PM)redbeard Wrote:  The other day a buddy from Malaysia asked me how to play good defense. Here's an example.

http://gfycat.com/FatSpryIberianlynx

Horrible shot selection, too. He had one of his teammates wide open next to him, right outside the three-point arc. Remember to ask the guy from Malaysia what a "pukimak" is.
11-16-2014 04:16 PM
Sturmgeist Offline
Banned

(11-15-2014 12:40 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  Think the Celtics can make some noise in the East?

Celtics fan here.

No.
11-16-2014 04:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sturmgeist's post:
Akula
jariel Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

No, Olynyk is tall, but he's not a legit 5, as it is they have no rim protection whatsoever.

This offseason they should definitely meet with guys like Omer Asik, Robin Lopez, if not, it wouldn't surprise me to see Kendrick Perkins re-sign there, especially if Rondo re-ups.

I also don't like their backcourt of non-shooters, Rondo's never been able to shoot, and Avery Bradley has improved, but he's still not a knockdown, lights-out type of guy, he's not really a point, so for now he's an undersized 2-guard.

They better hope James Young develops, good move sending him to the D-League, that's what it's for.
11-16-2014 06:33 PM
boinerd Offline
Banned

Too much houston attitude.
11-17-2014 01:26 AM
Giovonny
dads Offline
Kingfisher

"Rondo can't shoot" has always been overblown.

Quote:Out of 145 players who took at least 100 shots from the areas around the elbows during the 2012-13 regular season, Rondo ranked third in efficiency, trailing only Steve Nash and Jason Smith. The league shoots 39.6 percent around the elbows, but Rondo converted 50.4 percent of his attempts in that area. It looked like Rondo had finally slayed the he-can’t-shoot beast; Synergy Sports, the independent video tracking service, went as far as assigning him a “very good” rating for shots off the dribble, and an “excellent” rating for long 2-point jumpers.

Boston has moves to make. There's a lot of teams that haven't decided if they want to contend or not, and when reality starts setting in around the New Year, Boston can pounce on some guys, if they want to compete. I wouldn't mind, I love this team, except for our 5 spot.
11-17-2014 03:23 AM
jariel Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(11-17-2014 03:23 AM)dads Wrote:  "Rondo can't shoot" has always been overblown.

I watched the Cleveland game the other night, his inability to shoot with confidence was death, especially at the end when he turned the ball over trying to take LeBron to the basket, instead of pulling up, and on the final play when he couldn't even get a shot off before the buzzer.

Whatever his statistics were in 2012-13 are pretty irrelevant now, and even then, he was still never considered a guy who would beat you with his jumpshot, at least he's in a higher class than Rubio.
11-17-2014 03:57 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jariel's post:
Giovonny
TravelerKai Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(11-17-2014 01:26 AM)boinerd Wrote:  

Too much houston attitude.

That's all Pat Beverly 100%. He likes to talk alot of trash and get under people skin. Since he is smaller he takes battle to all levels. Physical, emotional, etc.

Besides, someone needs to be our Vernon Maxwell of this generation. Laugh

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
11-17-2014 08:00 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like TravelerKai's post:
Giovonny, Belize King, eradicator
Blackwell Offline
Woodpecker

Boston fans kill me. The Celtics are going nowhere fast. I mean maybe they will be a destination in a couple years when that salary cap jumps up cause of that history but as for noise this year? Not a chance in hell.

Rondo cannot shoot. His form is horrible, they are so many inconsistencies with his footwork, release point and body shape I doubt he'll ever figure it out. Can he hit a jumper? Sure. Can you trust Rajon Rondo to jumpshots down the stretch in a tight game when that's the only shot your gunna get and Jeff Green is clanking everything? No. Rondo is never going to be that guy, great player as he is.

I like Sullinger, he is a nice piece. If we are all honest about Jeff Green he has been a bit of a disappointment considering his draft position, sure he had the heart issue and I think he is a tough guy, but unfortunately he probably won't ever be much more than an average scoring wing in this league. Bradley is a nice piece, but I think he has more value as a trade chip than a long term piece on a contending Boston squad. Marcus Smart I love, but his jumpshot is all over the place. You won't make noise in this league as a PG if you can't shoot, unless you are a rare exception e.g the triple double machine that is Rondo. Rondo is the exception not the rule.

It kind of seemed like Boston weren't willing to go all in on the tank. I think you should flip Rondo and bottom out this year. I just struggle to see the moves your going to make that are going to make you anything better than a mid level outside contender (Hawks 06-12) or at best a very good team that is just a step behind the very best (Grizzlies 10-Present). I'm a Sixers guy and I love the fact we are making no excuses for what we are doing in order to try and put a true contender on the floor one day.

The East is trash. I watched the Hornets, a standard issue solid East playoff team, get absolutely dismantled by the Warriors the other night. The gap in class was glaring. The Western Conference is a gauntlet. You got about 12 teams that have a shot at making the playoffs with 50 wins. In the East you will be lucky if 3 teams post more than 50 wins this year.
11-17-2014 03:58 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Blackwell's post:
jariel, TravelerKai
boinerd Offline
Banned

Airness!!

[Image: B2sGjL3IQAAUGxe.jpg]
11-18-2014 12:59 AM
CRR
Akula Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

So the Cavs win 4 in a row and then tank against the Nuggets. Huh Even LeBron said this:

"I think we were a little bit too comfortable having a four-game winning streak and coming in against a team that hasn't been playing well," said LeBron James, one of four Cavs players -- along with Love, Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters -- to score 20 or more. "If today was against the Spurs, I feel like we could be a little more locked in. And that's just a learning experience for us that we have to realize every single night we have to play at the top of our game."

Interesting that the bench didn't contribute as all the big guys had reasonably ok games at least stat-wise.

The NBA is such a damn grind I can see these sorts of let downs, but the really good teams rarely have them. Still don't know where the Cavs will be by year end, but I assume vastly improved and focused and will have a good shot to make it to the Finals. But will the D be good enough to get them there? I have zero doubt the offense will improve a lot.

Anyway, Cavs - Spurs on Wednesday - should be good!!

2015 RVF fantasy football champion
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 01:57 AM by Akula.)
11-18-2014 01:53 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Akula's post:
CRR, boinerd
jariel Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(11-14-2014 01:06 AM)MidWest Wrote:  Derrick Rose injured again. Hope its not too serious.

[Image: glassman.jpg]

Bulls fans better wake up, Jimmy Butler is the franchise player.
11-18-2014 03:04 PM
Sonsowey Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

Wonder if they could trade Rose

11-18-2014 03:28 PM