I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Bangkok Thread
Saweeep Offline
Banned

RE: Bangkok Datasheet 2014.
Just rolled into BKK for a couple of days.

Amazing how it's changed in 3 years.

Holed up in the old Four Seasons, now Anantara Siam for some R&R.

Can't even be bothered to leave the hotel.
11-16-2015 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Soma Away
True Player
Gold Member

(11-16-2015 10:12 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  Amazing how it's changed in 3 years.

How so?

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?
11-16-2015 10:14 PM
Saweeep Offline
Banned

(11-16-2015 10:14 PM)Soma Wrote:  
(11-16-2015 10:12 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  Amazing how it's changed in 3 years.

How so?

Well, the things that struck me most were:

Modernisation seems to have taken a leap forward.

It doesn't seem as dirty and smelly.

Everyone has a smartphone now and that is responsible for, in my opinion:

Fashion homogenising with the Western World.

Better makeup and styling for the women, making them more attractive.

Standard of English markedly better.

There are loads of things actually. Same as in Phuket.
11-17-2015 11:31 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like Saweeep's post:
Soma, Bushido, Vice, travolta, Vacancier Permanent, nomadbrah, Enigma, bigbootyboy
hudsonhicks Offline
Male Feminist

(11-16-2015 03:33 AM)babyfaced Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 03:45 PM)hudsonhicks Wrote:  I've been to Thailand 9 times since 2011 so i'm quite a regular there

My advice is to stay away from Thailovelinks, Thai Friendly and Tinder.
It's a minefield of average lookers, money scroungers, prostitutes and serial farang cock hunters

I've developed a little niche that i would like to share.. I contact universities girls in Bangkok through Facebook with friendly unsolicited messages.

Target the high end universities like Chulalongkorn & Mahidol. All the rich families send their kids there so they're not short of money.

As most of you know, if you send a msg to a strange on Facebook, your message goes in ther "Other" folder and they get no notifications.. BUT if you have a mutual friend, they will get it in their inbox as normal. add a few girls from those universities on Facebook.. some will accept you and give u access to their friends list. Check out the hotties on their friends list that go to the same university and send them inbox messages. Keep it short and sweet.. "Hello, you look lovely". It's wise to do a little vetting of these profiles.. stay away from those with boyfriends, those that have 1000s of Facebook friends (too popular).

You will get ignored half the time, and you'll get the "do i know you" messages but you will get a fair share of positive welcoming girls who are fascinated that a farang has messaged them out of the blue. Don't harass people.. if they ignore you or you get a unpleasant message just block them and move on.

My recent trip i met up with a GORGEOUS 22 year old Veterinarian student at Chulalongkorn. She would come to my hotel room most nights and stay with me. At the weekend she'd drive me around the provinces in her Mercedes. She never asked me for anything and always offered to pay for dinner,

Awesome technique! What's the next step after you message them and they respond positively, let's say "thank you". Are you straight up asking em for a drink or do you build it up?

Hmm.. it's random every time.. Sometimes i say "fancy meeting for a drink".. or sometimes ill send them a photo of some random street food.. and say "could you tell me the Thai name of this food please?" Gets them all hooked in and asking where abouts i am.. they are wanting to play tour guide a lot of time.

I give myself a massive headstart by start doing this in the UK 2/3 days before departure to Bangkok.. I pretend i'm already there in the city using photos i've saved from my last trips..

A lot of these girls stay in dormataries with other girls.. so a comfy hotel room with en-suite facilities for the night is another bonus for them.. Even more so if you are staying near the target universities Big Grin
11-18-2015 03:52 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like hudsonhicks's post:
RatInTheWoods, Vacancier Permanent, Vice, Enigma
CodyB Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

That's crazy. Too bad I'm in a LTR and it's pretty obvious on FB or I would be creeping on that big time.

Ever tried day gaming the universities? Aka finding a random cafe and just talking to the people around?
11-18-2015 05:55 PM
RagnarLothbrok Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

(11-18-2015 05:55 PM)CodyB Wrote:  That's crazy. Too bad I'm in a LTR and it's pretty obvious on FB or I would be creeping on that big time.

Ever tried day gaming the universities? Aka finding a random cafe and just talking to the people around?

Chulalongkorn University practically have their own shopping mall on the campus. It's called Chamchuri Square and located right next to MRT station Sam Yan. It is mostly coffeeshops and restaurants and has plenty of Chula students.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2015 06:50 PM by RagnarLothbrok.)
11-18-2015 06:48 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like RagnarLothbrok's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Swell, Vice, Enigma
Adrenaline Offline
Chubby Chaser

Will finally be back Bangkok in a matter of hours. Wish me luck! What's good on a Thursday night these days?
11-18-2015 07:10 PM
CodyB Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

Route 66
11-18-2015 07:27 PM
CodyB Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

Thanks dipar.

Definitely need to branch out.

We have a line group and it seems like we all at least know who everyone is Fucking. The carousel is real in Bangkok.
11-18-2015 07:29 PM
hudsonhicks Offline
Male Feminist

(11-18-2015 05:55 PM)CodyB Wrote:  That's crazy. Too bad I'm in a LTR and it's pretty obvious on FB or I would be creeping on that big time.

Yeah i've done the day gaming thing before in the malls and stuff. To be honest it puts me out of my comfort zone, even in Thailand.. I prefer the FB thing. Make a fake fb account if you need to.

Another thing i like is Wechat! Fake GPS app on android phones is invaluable for wechat .. stick yourself ontop of the universities a few days before u fly to Bkk Big GrinBanana
11-18-2015 10:41 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes hudsonhicks's post:
Vice
JJH Offline
Male Feminist

(11-18-2015 07:10 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  Will finally be back Bangkok in a matter of hours. Wish me luck! What's good on a Thursday night these days?

There is Fedde Le Grand at Onyx tonight. That will attract fair share of hi-so Smile
11-19-2015 01:13 AM
MikeS Offline
Alpha Male

Anything special happening in Bangkok on Christmas Eve (December 24th where I'm from) or the Christmas days in general? Or do people, bars, clubs etc. just go about their business as usual?
I saw plenty of Christmas decorations in downtown Bangkok last December, but I left around the 20th. This year I'll be staying until the 26th.
11-20-2015 10:25 AM
the_ox Offline
Recovering Beta

Lads, I'm planning to do a 3-week trip to Asia, and the plays are like:L

5 days in BKK
Vietnam (Hanoi) and go to the Ha Long Bay for 6 days
back to BKK and fly to the islands, probably phi phi for like 5 days
back to BKK for a day or two and back home

I'm really thinking of going with AirBNB in BKK around RCA. Is it a good idea? Or is better to stick with a hotel?
11-20-2015 08:13 PM
El Chinito loco Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(11-20-2015 08:13 PM)the_ox Wrote:  I'm really thinking of going with AirBNB in BKK around RCA. Is it a good idea? Or is better to stick with a hotel?

Airbnb all the way. Lots of well priced options these days since every Thai and their mom lists a condo on there now. There's a huge glut of vacant condos out there for rent.

Bangkok hotels are generally still middling value for the money plus service is pitiful in many of the established chains. Thai hospitality service has been on the decline for a long time now.
11-20-2015 08:35 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like El Chinito loco's post:
the_ox, Vice, Enigma
Adrenaline Offline
Chubby Chaser

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Route 66. I did some pre drinks in my hotel room, got there around 10pm on a Friday night, and within an hour a group of 3 Thai girls and their gay male friend had adopted me. I ended up drinking at their table all night, but made the mistake of not setting my target. I gamed all three girls (and the guy lol) equally and come the end of the night hadn't escalated enough with any of them. Was great to have that social proof though as others have mentioned. Other girls around us were eyeing me off left, right and centre. The whole set up of the club is just not what I'm use to and makes high energy, dance floor game difficult, considering there is no dance floor in the 2 main rooms. Almost snagged a cute Swedish girl on the way out at the end but her male friends cock blocked me and took her away in a taxi. Now I'm laying in bed with a massive hangover on 3 hours sleep (club didn't close until 3.30 by the way!) and contemplating tonight.
11-20-2015 09:08 PM
v00n Offline
Male Feminist

Hi all

I'll be looking for a good hotel (i.e. clean, quiet, girl-friendly) for a couple of nights this January, can anyone recommend somewhere near Sukhamvit or somewhere else lively?

Money no object (within reason). Will be heading down to Kata Beach afterwards Smile

Thanks!

V
11-21-2015 03:15 AM
hudsonhicks Offline
Male Feminist

Having stayed all over Bangkok in all manner of Hotels from Budget to Luxury.. i keep coming back to this place - SPB Paradise
http://www.agoda.com/en-gb/spb-paradise-...ok-th.html

Not in the centre but thats the only trade off.. Short walk to MRT station though

£12 a night Exceptional value for money for what you get.. If it was in Sukhumvit you'd be paying 20-30 a night.
11-21-2015 03:18 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes hudsonhicks's post:
Vice
Adrenaline Offline
Chubby Chaser

This place has changed, even in the short period between November last year and November this year. There seems to be a lot more clued up young, western guys around leading to higher competition and being a good looking, young guy in the city doesen't seem as special anymore. I get the vibe that many of the local girls are getting sick of us lol, especially in shopping malls like Terminal 21 and MBK.

Went to Levels last night (I know, not the greatest venue choice but had a great night there on a Saturday this time last year, picking up 2 girls) but the thirst was fucking unreal for Thailand last night. So many aggressive, white guys who seemed to be into the game. Fess up, who was there last night? Ha. In comparison, last year there were definetely less than 5 western guys in the club. This year would have probably been 15-20. The other thing that surprised me was the influx of western girls and it makes me wonder, what the hell is their business in Bangkok? I swear they were trying to compete with the working girls for the western men's attention. Ahhh women.

After 2 nights of heavy drinking and striking out, I might just get a massage and watch premier league soccer at a bar tonight, unless there's anything not to be missed on a Sunday?
11-22-2015 12:50 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Adrenaline's post:
Vice
Unregistered

I was at levels last night. I actually thought the ratios were fairly decent compared to how it usually is ie reasonable percentage of cute non working girls.

It's always full of farang particularly at weekends it's the same as it was last year I was also here in november last year . It just depends if you hit a good night there or not.

It's essentially a well known hooker spot and probably the best known club in bangkok, along with route 66, for travellers passing though. I'm not a fan of the place but I wouldn't say it's changed significantly it's always been pretty wack.
11-22-2015 04:11 AM
Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 192's post:
Theory
Adrenaline Offline
Chubby Chaser

Maybe your right and it is just luck of the draw but the contrast between my 2 experiences were night and day. How could you tell the cute non-working girls from the working girls? Some are obvious of course, but I'm always hesitant going for any Thai girl in a club like that for fear that she's a hooker. Did you end up pulling?
11-22-2015 06:15 AM
WanderingSoul Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Definitely way more than 5 western males in Levels even one year ago. Probably more like 50.
11-23-2015 12:25 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like WanderingSoul's post:
Kamaki4, Vice
Robert Plant Offline
Chubby Chaser

Night game in Bangkok is like night game most places, just more productive. My formula there was go to a bar/club and approach, approach approach. If that bar/club isn't working go to the next one. Keep doing this until a woman or two come back to your place.

I pulled there every night except one. When I went out there it was sometimes really easy and sometimes I had to stay out till like 6 or 7 am. The difference between Bangkok and the west is that the women there want to sleep with you if they like you... simple. Getting them back to your place is not difficult. Anti-slut defense is very low and in my 10 days there, I was never cock-blocked. Actually women there will often wing each other with the goal of getting laid.

And if you go out to Levels or Mix most of the women are pros/ semi pros but if you are good looking and get them turned on, they will be happy to go home with you for free, especially if you are close to the venue.
11-23-2015 01:06 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Robert Plant's post:
Bushido, Vice, Dr Feelgood, Enigma
Worldhopper Offline
Game Denialist

(11-21-2015 03:15 AM)v00n Wrote:  Hi all

I'll be looking for a good hotel (i.e. clean, quiet, girl-friendly) for a couple of nights this January, can anyone recommend somewhere near Sukhamvit or somewhere else lively?

Money no object (within reason). Will be heading down to Kata Beach afterwards Smile

Thanks!

V

I was in a similar position to you - initially I stayed at the Marriott on Soi 55- geat room and lovely round bathtub overlooking the city -

liked the roof top bar but generally wasn't feeling the hotel - it didn't have much of a buzz for me.. Roof top had a much better vibe and could do a little gaming here but generally when I went up it was all mixed group expats...

The following weekend I moved to Sofitel Sukhumvit - absolutely loved this place. I had booked the cheapest room possible - when checking in casually mentioned to the check in girl that I liked her watch -( nothing special). Her face lit up and lo and behold I'm now on the 30th floor corner room with an absolutley amazing views on both sides of the room... helped me get 2 bangs but that's a story for another thread....

The roof top place here is got amazing views but it's a lot more chilled than the Marriott and smaller - difficult to meet a girl up here even though did get approached on second night ( I assumed she was a pro) .. This place is definitely a date place... Makes girls wet..

Walked in at all odd times with different girls ( all non Thai) and no one stopped or questioned me...

Only downside is the traffic in the area is fucking ridiculous -

Next weekend am moving to the So Sofitel and will report back in due course...

Was meant to meet up with some of the others on this forum at Route 66 but some pipelining beforehand I got busy having fun elsewhere on both Friday and sat night
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 10:39 AM by Worldhopper.)
11-23-2015 10:38 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Worldhopper's post:
travolta, Vacancier Permanent, Vice, Enigma
Kamaki4 Offline
Chubby Chaser

(11-21-2015 03:18 PM)hudsonhicks Wrote:  Having stayed all over Bangkok in all manner of Hotels from Budget to Luxury.. i keep coming back to this place - SPB Paradise
http://www.agoda.com/en-gb/spb-paradise-...ok-th.html

Not in the centre but thats the only trade off.. Short walk to MRT station though

£12 a night Exceptional value for money for what you get.. If it was in Sukhumvit you'd be paying 20-30 a night.

Good ideas for gaming BK uni girls, but we will have to agree to disagree on SPB Paradise. No doubt that it's cheap for BK, but for Ratchada, it's only average value in my opinion. Hard to swallow that you are staying in a hotel in Ratchada and are still a long hike from soi 4.
11-24-2015 05:57 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kamaki4's post:
Vice
vatuvei Offline
Male Feminist

Staying at the Marriot Thonglor for the next couple of weeks. Will be hitting RCA if there's any wings around? If not, will hit solo and report back!
11-29-2015 05:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bangkok in April, Thoughts from the Bangkok Vets? thegmanifesto 59 30,022 04-01-2012 11:24 PM
Last Post: AlphaTravel