I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Russia Thread
DaveR Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

RE: The Russia Thread
(06-15-2015 03:31 PM)Easy E Wrote:  Edit: As for the complaining about the nascent pickup culture in Moscow, the pickup culture was bound to continue heading East. Just remember it is orders of magnitude worse in the West.

There is no doubt that pickup culture is worse in the West, but there are plenty of sluts who respond favourably to it in those countries. In Russia the majority of girls are simply closing themselves to interactions with strange men. That, I believe, is the difference that Slubu has observed over the span of two years.

So as a new arrival without a social circle, how do you think you'll get the attention of those girls? Dating websites have been saturated, night clubs are full of clowns, and the girls aren't responding to direct approaches any more. The remaining options are to use an indirect approach, which takes a lot of time, or to develop a social circle, which also takes a lot of time.
Keep in mind that dating here was slow to begin with - it isn't unusual to have to wait a long time, maybe even a couple of weeks, to get a girl into bed. In most cases there is little one can do to change her mind until she's ready. Plenty have complained about how slow Russian dating is.

In other words, there isn't much point in coming to Russia unless you're planning on spending a long time here. There are easier places like Sweden, Finland, Poland, etc. Maybe also Western Ukraine, where being a foreigner is still a strong advantage.
06-15-2015 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Travesty Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(06-15-2015 04:29 AM)slubu Wrote:  ...

Damn that sucks, get to Belarus then Uzbekistan. Hurry up you only have until July of 2016 though before they go down hill. Then it is all Africa. By 2020 we will have sexbots so then competition will lighten... hakuna matada.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

(05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!

WestIndianArchie Wrote:Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 05:16 PM by Travesty.)
06-15-2015 05:16 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Travesty's post:
Courage Reborn, Vice
TripleG Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

I would disagree with Slubu and DaveR a bit. I am not a ONS kind of guy and usually don't mind the slow dating culture (though I was disappointed when I got an HB back to my place on 3rd & 4th date and still couldn't win) so take my words with a "grain of salt". I was in Moscow in mid-May and to be honest I found it great (other than the slow nightlife scene on weekdays). Since I am so exhausted by East Coast USA and lack of opportunities as soon as I touched down, checked in to the apt, grabbed a bite to eat, calibrated my SIM card and unlocked phone, called up a fellow Rooshv member and headed out. Went to sushi place, grabbed a drink, and 10 minutes later was talking to a cute 2 set of university girls who were very interested. My approach was as simple as "you girls look nice tonight and if you want to socialize my friend and I will be chillin' over there".

The first night I went out to night clubs and made approaches I did not get blown out even once. Shoot, I went to Club Garage in Moscow during their Tuesday hip-hop night and immediately approached a 3-set of barely 20 year old college chicks. I am 15+ years older than they are and still got the digits. Later that evening near hooked up with 2 cougars and on and on it went. Every night was decent (compared to back home).

On the streets around Gorky park I saw single girls sitting on benches with beautiful flowery dresses, bored as heck and no guys approaching them. In my 1.5 weeks in Moscow I saw exactly 2 streets approaches (from non-local guys) and they both happened in the fountain area near Kremlin. These guys got shot down but to say that the PuA culture is pervasive would not be correct. If one looks local and talks local there is nothing to worry about. Moscow is huge, filled with millions of single women and as soon as you go 10km+ outside city center to some of the "suburban" parks and cafe's chance of encountering rude girls who have been exposed to PUA culture is slim.

Just go give you another example I went to Kalina bar on top of Lotte Plaza skyscaper by Novy Arbat for a date. You'd think this place would be gold-digger central, full of Oligarch/banker types, and rich ex-pat PUA's but I arrived around 2am at this fancy place and immediately went to the outdoor rooftop with my date for sightseeing and make-outs. I was surrounded in all directions by sets of girls. Very few foreign guys. Most of the girls were 8+ while the dudes were absent. I saw local guys a few notches lower approaching and having luck. Some approaches were as simple as a guy asking a girl for a cigarette. At that point I regretted being with my date (who was acting boring to me) and was fantasizing of chillin' with a wingman and running "rooftop-game". This trend repeated itself in most places I visited. To me honestly the main requirement for a good night is a good ratio. Doesn't matter if there are PUA's or sex-tourists around, as long as there are more girls than guys I know I will have a fun night out.

Finally, I hit up an Internations event (which has been covered in-depth on these forums) on a saturday and spent the whole day sightseeing a palace with the group. It was 70% girls, they were not that good looking but very friendly and down to party in the evening. Grabbed a couple digits and potential business contacts (if i ever make it out to Russia more permanently).

Honestly, this is not NYC, Moscow is 2x bigger and if one is worried about PUA's overrunning it then they must really not know what they are talking about. I believe the problem with too many guys is that they refuse to leave the first inner-circle and thus get stuck partying in Tverskaya area, Arbat or by Red October Island. I have a few Russian girl friends on my FB page, rarely do I ever see them partying in these places and as always some of the nicest girls don't even go out. I think that next time I hit Moscow i'll live by the 2nd circle and just hit up local parks for day-game and cafe's/restaurants for evening game.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 05:29 PM by TripleG.)
06-15-2015 05:23 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like TripleG's post:
Easy E, DaveR, PeruLover12, WashedUPVet, Lord Tito, , Vice
DaveR Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

(06-15-2015 05:23 PM)TripleG Wrote:  I would disagree with Slubu and DaveR a bit. I am not a ONS kind of guy and usually don't mind the slow dating culture (though I was disappointed when I got an HB back to my place on 3rd & 4th date and still couldn't win) so take my words with a "grain of salt".

Not trying to be combative here, but I do take it with a grain of salt. Didn't you write in an earlier thread that you found the trip disappointing and that you left without closing? In my experience, one never knows if a Russian girl is a sure thing until after the fact. She could be waiting for an offer, practicing her English, delaying on purpose because she was suspicious, etc.
I haven't been in Moscow this year, but based on what I see in St. Petersburg, things have definitely changed. Slubu is no chump either, and given that he spent a reasonable amount of time there, I tend to trust his judgement.

Maybe we're targeting different age brackets? I tend not to discount because of age gaps as 15 years is entirely normal here. Younger guys should expect less success with young girls, as strange as that may sound.

In any case, it's a good sign that you left with a positive impression.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 06:38 PM by DaveR.)
06-15-2015 06:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaveR's post:
GlobalMan
Constitution45 Offline
Alpha Male

I live in Moscow and I have never personally seen that PUA culture. Foreigners aside from Chinese tourists, the odd TEFL degenerate and multinational career package expats are all I see. Clowns like that Vitaly wouldn't get on well with his nutella ass licking, or whatever passes off as praiseworthy comedy nowadays. In regards to one night stands etc, if you think about it the competition among women in this city is huge. Because there are higher expectations and standards placed on them. Meaning in this territory they won't be receptive to having one night stands, or sleeping with foreigners in a short space of time. This may be different if they move country or go abroad but then there are the traditional types who are a product of their culture and won't really budge because of that.
06-15-2015 06:50 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Constitution45's post:
DaveR, samsamsam, Easy E
Deepdiver Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Vitaly has a huge following on his Pranks channel and his schtick works for him in LA - his mother is still a hot Russian lady - go figure...

So he does have a large Russian original Villians prankster following - so naturally he works his audience to his advantage sort of like an early Howie Mandell blowing up surgical gloves like a Rooster on his head through his nose.

Now what I would like to do is have a hidden camera follow around a Suited Up american businessman attending high end Moscow Trade shows, i.e. travel, investment, Ultimate Moscow Consumer shows and then work biz game biz card exchanges with proper cards in English and Russian on either side - asking the ladies if they are single to screen out the married ones - and see what kind of quality can be pulled versus crazy prankster game that freaks the ladies out thinking a gypsy in jeans and a tee shirt is trying to rob them etc...

I bet with power suit style and real business game you could pull some mega talent instead of startling college aged girls...
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 07:03 PM by Deepdiver.)
06-15-2015 07:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deepdiver's post:
turkishcandy
Easy E Offline
Wingman

(06-15-2015 07:02 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  Vitaly has a huge following on his Pranks channel and his schtick works for him in LA - his mother is still a hot Russian lady - go figure...

So he does have a large Russian original Villians prankster following - so naturally he works his audience to his advantage sort of like an early Howie Mandell blowing up surgical gloves like a Rooster on his head through his nose.

Now what I would like to do is have a hidden camera follow around a Suited Up american businessman attending high end Moscow Trade shows, i.e. travel, investment, Ultimate Moscow Consumer shows and then work biz game biz card exchanges with proper cards in English and Russian on either side - asking the ladies if they are single to screen out the married ones - and see what kind of quality can be pulled versus crazy prankster game that freaks the ladies out thinking a gypsy in jeans and a tee shirt is trying to rob them etc...

I bet with power suit style and real business game you could pull some mega talent instead of startling college aged girls...

Only problem I see with the suited up approach is that you will attract a lot of gold-digger types who will expect the oligarch treatment.

I personally am fine with college-aged Russian girls. In fact, I would prefer to meet girls in this age bracket.
06-15-2015 07:06 PM
slubu Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(06-15-2015 11:32 AM)jimukr104 Wrote:  So let me get this straight Slubu:

Kiev sucks because people have to prove they aren't sex tourists!

Now Moscow sucks because one has to prove they aren't a PUA!

Hey, I never said Moscow sucks Big Grin Far from it. But it's not as easy as one may think, given various things that have been mentioned before and I will talk about too. Also, DaveR is hitting a lot of it on the head.

Alright have to pack and catch a flight, I'll see what I can write up today and post it here or in my old Hello Russia thread.
06-15-2015 11:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes slubu's post:
WashedUPVet
warder Offline
Beta Orbiter

Yea def not EASY, but if you have game you can still slay it. Slubu and I were there together for his first leg of the trip for 10 days and thought we both banged some hotties.

I felt like I had a harem waiting to be created from some absolute stunners but perhaps many would have flaked. One (not a stunner) asked for tuition help already haha...

I don't remember seeing much PUA culture, but perhaps that's because it was still cold (April).

(06-15-2015 11:42 PM)slubu Wrote:  
(06-15-2015 11:32 AM)jimukr104 Wrote:  So let me get this straight Slubu:

Kiev sucks because people have to prove they aren't sex tourists!

Now Moscow sucks because one has to prove they aren't a PUA!

Hey, I never said Moscow sucks Big Grin Far from it. But it's not as easy as one may think, given various things that have been mentioned before and I will talk about too. Also, DaveR is hitting a lot of it on the head.

Alright have to pack and catch a flight, I'll see what I can write up today and post it here or in my old Hello Russia thread.
06-16-2015 06:25 PM
TripleG Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

Yea def not EASY, but if you have game you can still slay it. Slubu and I were there together for his first leg of the trip for 10 days and thought we both banged some hotties.

I felt like I had a harem waiting to be created from some absolute stunners but perhaps many would have flaked. One (not a stunner) asked for tuition help already haha...

I don't remember seeing much PUA culture, but perhaps that's because it was still cold (April).

@Warder: Did you and Slubu go for only ONS's or try the long, dating game? What was your mix of night/day/online game?
For dating 8+ Moscow is easier than all large US cities just due to the sheer quantity of approachable targets, good ratios and the general lack of effort by many Russian guys. My issue is always the lack of time. Someone on this forum mentioned that Moscow is good if you are spending a month+ there and to be honest that piece of information is a golden nugget.

Now, I am back in USA and following "Whatsapp" game. I frequently get woken up in the middle of the night with my phone beeping and a girl I met in Moscow sending crafty lines or sexy pics. I smile, and go to sleep...sometimes I jerk off. I wake up in the morning depressed more often now than I did before my trip. Traveling is like a drug and when you stop the crash can be hard to bare.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2015 08:39 PM by TripleG.)
06-16-2015 08:39 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like TripleG's post:
PeruLover12, DaveR, Chaos, solo, Vice, GlobalMan, Kaizen
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

^^ For me it is knowing what truly is out there rather than imagining what it would be like that makes me a bit depressed. If you never go, you don't truly know what you are missing. But now that I know, it bugs me more. Need to be traveling again! grrrrr...

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
06-16-2015 08:51 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like samsamsam's post:
TripleG, solo
warder Offline
Beta Orbiter

Got two pretty hot ones from night game. Mainly clubs. Two ok ones from Tinder. Lots of hot girls on Tinder but didn't match with many of them and if I did very tough to get them out.

Also had a few flakes from night game but felt like I was doing pretty well with it and given more time would have had pretty insane success. I live in NY and do pretty well here, but the quality I had access to in Moscow was what set it apart. I can't really get into the nicest places in NY, but in Moscow, it was very easy, and my status was much higher being an American with "money". It was actually the girls who had some trouble getting in and would often ask to come with us. Pretty interesting difference in dynamics.

Who knows though perhaps I was just riding a hot streak.

(06-16-2015 08:39 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

@Warder: Did you and Slubu go for only ONS's or try the long, dating game? What was your mix of night/day/online game?
For dating 8+ Moscow is easier than all large US cities just due to the sheer quantity of approachable targets, good ratios and the general lack of effort by many Russian guys. My issue is always the lack of time. Someone on this forum mentioned that Moscow is good if you are spending a month+ there and to be honest that piece of information is a golden nugget.

Now, I am back in USA and following "Whatsapp" game. I frequently get woken up in the middle of the night with my phone beeping and a girl I met in Moscow sending crafty lines or sexy pics. I smile, and go to sleep...sometimes I jerk off. I wake up in the morning depressed more often now than I did before my trip. Traveling is like a drug and when you stop the crash can be hard to bare.
06-17-2015 08:31 AM
rishboy77 Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(06-17-2015 08:31 AM)warder Wrote:  Two ok ones from Tinder. Lots of hot girls on Tinder but didn't match with many of them and if I did very tough to get them out.
[/quote]

Seems like Tinder is doing more damage to Moscow and the rest of the world then Vitaly ever could.
6 & 7's thinking they least notch or 2 higher. True 8 & 9' s could spend all day long answering to their like's. Unlike traditional dating sites which are more relationship based, these Tinder girls are getting as superficial as girls in the West.

I guess these girls are looking for 8's and 9's too ? Blush

https://twitter.com/pyellow
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 09:41 AM by rishboy77.)
06-17-2015 09:15 AM
WashedUPVet Offline
Recovering Beta
Silver Member

Didn't see any PUA in action when I was in Moscow in April and I walked about 10 miles a day for a week. Maybe it was the weather as it was cooler then.

My resume/application was accepted for business school at a University in MSC last week. Pending a couple of simple reading/math tests, I'll be there for a year beginning in September. Also have a couple Russian girls I met there coming to see me this month in California (their dime).

More to follow...
06-17-2015 12:12 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes WashedUPVet's post:
samsamsam
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

^^^MSC a place? Or a degree description? Congrats! Based on the reading comment I assume maybe you got into a Russian university? Once again congrats.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
06-17-2015 12:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes samsamsam's post:
WashedUPVet
MrRoundtree Offline
Wingman

What should I do, 3 hot girls from St-Petersbutrg want to couchsurf with me in Paris and my place is only good for one person, 2 max... what should I do haha
06-17-2015 12:56 PM
Travesty Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

^ Honestly I would pass unless you want to travel to St. Petersburg within the next 6 months to try and bang one of the chicks there.

I have hosted that many before the logistics just kill a chance of banging. Two can work if one is really into you and the other is cool with her girl getting some action (especially if she just got off a break up).

You really want to aim for one alone, or two then bring a very good wingman buddy.

Even if you brought out 2 wingmen that were solid, the chance of everyone coupling up and the girls being comfortably isolated from each other is almost zero.

Here is where hosting 3+ girls can work... you have a large house with as many bedrooms as girls, throw a little party to get them relaxed. Lots of effort though in a short time span as you can see.

Lately I have tried hosting 2 girls and not bringing a wing to go for the threesome. Both times lately one girl was into me, the other was not. If the one girl that liked me was alone I believe I would have gotten the bang. I would saying having a bigger nicer pad + having them stay more than one night would be a key to snagging 1 girl out of a group. If they have to travel the next day sometimes they are less apt to really let loose and go all night.

Source: I have hosted many groups of girls on CS.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

(05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!

WestIndianArchie Wrote:Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 01:09 PM by Travesty.)
06-17-2015 01:02 PM
MrRoundtree Offline
Wingman

Yeah I only have a small one room studio so this is near impossible to pull..but man the 3 chicks are 10 it saddens me to pass this XD
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 01:18 PM by MrRoundtree.)
06-17-2015 01:18 PM
WashedUPVet Offline
Recovering Beta
Silver Member

(06-17-2015 12:20 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  ^^^MSC a place? Or a degree description? Congrats! Based on the reading comment I assume maybe you got into a Russian university? Once again congrats.

Everyone I talk to in RF (Russia) abbreviates MSC (Moscow) and St. Peter (SPb) using these acronyms during text messages.

Yes, I did get into one of the 2 largest Universities in Moscow for a one year business graduate program. Pending any visa issues I should be good to go. I have structured things in California to make it happen. All my stuff went into a storage unit last week and I'm reconsolidating to be gone for a year.
06-17-2015 02:11 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes WashedUPVet's post:
samsamsam
DaveR Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

(06-16-2015 08:39 PM)TripleG Wrote:  My issue is always the lack of time. Someone on this forum mentioned that Moscow is good if you are spending a month+ there

That was basically the point I was trying to put forward. Dating is not very difficult in Russia, but it is extremely slow. It isn't unusual for a girl to need three or four dates before giving up the flag, and she may only have time for one date per week. Especially college girls as their courses can be quite intensive. Many study six days per week, so they have only Sunday free.

All of these short-term dating technologies (pickup, apps, etc.) are making girls more suspicious.

(06-17-2015 02:11 PM)WashedUPVet Wrote:  Everyone I talk to in RF (Russia) abbreviates MSC (Moscow) and St. Peter (SPb) using these acronyms during text messages.
It's recommended not to use text message abbreviations while posting here - there are threads about it.

In any case, MSC doesn't make any sense in English. You've likely picked it up from non-native speakers. They use МСК in Russian because that is the city's official three-letter abbreviation in Russia and Russians generally know the abbreviations for larger cities.
06-17-2015 04:36 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like DaveR's post:
rishboy77, Menace, Vice
readysetgo Offline
Beta Orbiter

Been reading on this thread for days, great info on here.

Would you say it's a good idea relocating to Moscow for a 24yo fella, speaking no Russian at all, with 2,300usd per month? Aiming for the 18-25yo crowd.
There are around 1million Russians/Semi-Russians here in Israel, most models got either Russian or EE genes in them. Most of my girls here are either Russians or Slavs, but they became westernized, nothing like the Russian tourists who come here for holidays.

Russia doesn't require a visa from Israeli citizens, so it makes things easier and less expensive.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 09:43 AM by readysetgo.)
06-19-2015 09:31 AM
Virtus Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Dude just go. Youre young. But go through Odessa if going in the summer. Moscow has terrible summer. Asphalt and sun.

"Virtus"
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 10:56 AM by Virtus.)
06-19-2015 10:55 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Virtus's post:
LeeEnfield303, solid
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econo...risis.html

Oil and gas crunch pushes Russia closer to fiscal crisis
'Russia is going to be in a very difficult fiscal situation by 2017. By the end of next year there won’t be any money left in the oil reserve fund,' says Unicredit

Quote:Russia has fallen into full-blown depression and faces a mounting fiscal crisis as oil and gas revenues plummet.

Output from country’s state-owned gas giant Gazprom has collapsed by 19pc over the past year as demand shrivels in Europe, falling to levels not seen since the creation of the company at the end of the Cold War.

A report by Sberbank warned that Gazprom’s revenues are likely to drop by almost a third to $106bn this year from $146bn in 2014, seriously eroding Russia’s economic base.

Gazprom alone generates a tenth of Russian GDP and a fifth of all budget revenues. It will be several years at best before the country benefits from a new pipeline deal with China.

[Image: gazprom_exports_3385753a.PNG]

Russia is already in dire straits. The economy has contracted by 4.9pc over the past year and the downturn is certain to drag on as oil prices crumble after a tentative rally. Half of Russia’s tax income comes from oil and gas.

Core inflation is running at 16.7pc and real incomes have fallen by 8.4pc over the past year, a far deeper cut to living standards than occurred following the Lehman crisis. This time there is no recovery in sight as Western sanctions remain in place and US shale production limits any rebound in global oil prices.
“We’ve seen the full impact of the crisis in the second quarter. It is now hitting light industry and manufacturing,” said Dmitri Petrov from Nomura.

“Russia is going to be in a very difficult fiscal situation by 2017,” said Lubomir Mitov from Unicredit. “By the end of next year there won’t be any money left in the oil reserve fund and there is a humongous deficit in the pension fund. They are running a budget deficit of 3.7pc of GDP but without developed capital markets Russia can't really afford to run a deficit at all.”

A report by the Higher School of Economics in Moscow warned that a quarter of Russia’s 83 regions are effectively in default as they struggle to cope with salary increases and welfare costs dumped on them by President Vladimir Putin before his election in 2012. “The regions in the far east are basically bankrupt,” said Mr Mitov.

Russian companies have to refinance $86bn in foreign currency debt in the second half of this year. They cannot easily roll this over since the country is still cut off from global capital markets, so they must rely on swap funding from the central bank.
[Image: russia_debt_redemp_3385745a.PNG]

The authorities can cover part of this from the country’s current account surplus, but a “financing gap” of $10bn to $15bn a quarter remains. This implies a slow depletion of the central bank’s foreign reserves.

The official reserves have dropped from $524bn to $361bn since the Ukraine crisis first erupted in late 2014. Unicredit said the true figure is nearer $340bn once other commitments are stripped out.

Companies and banks have already slashed their hard currency debt by $170bn in a drastic deleveraging over the past 18 months. This whittles away the dollar debt burden, but at a terrible long-term cost for Russia’s productive economy.
“Frankly, I don’t think they can weather this crisis. There has been almost no investment in new oil production except in Western Siberia. They are still relying on old Soviet wells,” said Mr Mitov. The depletion rates in the traditional fields of Western Siberia are running at 8pc-11pc a year.

“They can’t keep up production without access to foreign imports and technology, so we think there could be a fall in output of 5pc to 10pc by 2018,” he said.

Lukoil’s vice-president, Leonid Fedun, said in March that Russia’s oil output could fall 8pc by the end of next year, taking 800,000 barrels a day (b/d) out of global markets, with major implications for the balance of supply and demand.

Any such loss would be corrosive for Russia. It has not happened yet. Russian producers have taken advantage of a new tax regime to raise output this year to 10.7m b/d, close to the post-Soviet peak. But they are relying on legacy investments and imported machinery that must be replaced sooner or later.
[Image: russia_crude_outpu_3385739c.jpg]

Mr Putin’s long-term strategy depends on opening up the Arctic and the vast shale reserves of the Bazhenov basin and the Volga-Urals. Drilling in these regions is covered by sanctions, forcing Western firms to freeze joint ventures.
Russia lacks the technology to make these projects viable. Average fracking costs in Russia are three times higher than those of cutting-edge drillers in the US.

The oil slump is, in one key sense, worse than in January, when markets thought it was a short-term shock triggered by Saudi policy. This time futures contracts are factoring in no real recovery in prices for two to three years.
The Russian authorities have the crisis under control for now. They have allowed the rouble to fall rather than burning up reserves, providing a cushion for the budget and for oil and gas producers. But this policy is inflationary, and politically toxic.

The underlying strain remains. Russia bet its future on oil, gas and the commodity boom, letting its manufacturing base atrophy in the glory days of the strong rouble.
[Image: russia_non-oil_exp_3385756a.PNG]

It has now been left high and dry by the commodity slump, a textbook case of the Resource Curse. Western sanctions have tightened the vice. “The real problem is that Russia’s economy is going nowhere,” said Mr Mitov.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2015 08:48 PM by samsamsam.)
07-24-2015 08:48 PM
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Shoplifting in Russia is soaring as the economy crumbles
More than £10m-worth of goods were stolen from Russian stores last year, a 44pc increase from the previous year, as real wages plunge

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econo...mbles.html

Quote:Shoplifting in Russia surged last year as the economic fallout from crippling sanctions and plunging oil prices increased the number of people living in poverty.

Some 930m rubles (£10.4m) of goods were stolen from Russian stories in 2014, an increase of 44pc on the 648m rubles-worth swiped the previous year.
Expensive goods such as premium alcohol, sausage and fish delicacies, coffee, eggs, perfume and cosmetics were among the most shoplifted items, but cheaper items from checkouts are also susceptible to theft, according to Izvestia, the Russian newspaper, which cited data from the Federal Tax Service.

The paper quoted experts saying that the official figures are "just the tip of the iceberg" as they only include cases of shoplifting that were reported to the police, and shops might choose not to admit the full scale of their losses.
The actual level of theft could be as high as 2 trillion rubles (£22.3bn).
More than half, 55pc, of the shoplifting took place in Moscow, Izvestia said.

Russian living standards have declined in recent years as ongoing political warfare with Ukraine, Western sanctions and tumbling oil prices weighed on the ruble, which has fallen 41pc against the dollar and 34pc against the euro.
The weaker currency drove up inflation, which leapt 15pc by the end of 2014, roughly double the rate a year earlier. Living standards are slumping, with real wages falling by 14pc in the year to May.

The number of Russians under the poverty line, living on 9,662 rubles (£107.56) a month, jumped by an annual 15pc to 23m at the end of March, meaning that 15pc of the population is considered poor.
Although Russian officials have insisted the worst is over, the former finance minister, Alexei Kudrin, said recently that Russia would not start to recover from this economic slump for another year.

07-24-2015 08:50 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes samsamsam's post:
Vice
LeeEnfield303 Offline
Alpha Male

(06-19-2015 10:55 AM)Virtus Wrote:  Dude just go. Youre young. But go through Odessa if going in the summer. Moscow has terrible summer. Asphalt and sun.

Spent five years there. No truer words spoken.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

Those that see...will prepare.
07-24-2015 09:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Central Russia vs Southern Russia avantgarde 1 4,626 12-04-2017 04:07 PM
Last Post: JeanJaq
  Russia or Ukraine(spec. Lviv or southern Russia) avantgarde 4 6,005 01-01-2013 12:21 PM
Last Post: jimukr104