I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Russia Thread
Going strong Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

RE: The Russia Thread
(05-02-2016 08:25 PM)eL-JJ Wrote:  That was an express kidnapping (secuestro exprés)...

No, that was a botched secuestro exprés, given that the "outlaws" didn't get any money, in the end. Strange... I can't understand why only one assailant entered the taxi with the victim, especially as the victim describes himself as very big and powerful. His assailants do seem, I don't know, amateurish, inefficient in any case.
05-02-2016 08:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Going strong's post:
eL-JJ
eL-JJ Away
Beta Orbiter

(05-02-2016 08:47 PM)Going strong Wrote:  No, that was a botched secuestro exprés, given that the "outlaws" didn't get any money, in the end. Strange... I can't understand why only one assailant entered the taxi with the victim, especially as the victim describes himself as very big and powerful. His assailants do seem, I don't know, amateurish, inefficient in any case.

They were probably amateurs, after seeing the big guy running he probably saw it as too much work to manhandle him, especially if he didn't have any weapons, not worth it, and let him go, who knows...

About the taxis, if they were already outside the club, they are probably connected to that place, why would a cab driver wait after seeing that shit go down on the back of his car?

Only thing for sure here is to stay away from that place.
05-02-2016 10:16 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like eL-JJ's post:
Going strong, samsamsam, Enigma
PeruLover12 Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

Awesome story!

I use the word awesome carefully because with time when the shock has gone you will look back on this attempted mugging as a stepping stone to a higher level of understanding of Russia and in a perverse way be glad it happened. As you said it brought you closer to your GF.

I was mugged twice on my last two Russian trips, one of those was a violent mugging like yours. The aftermath of the event what with police involvement, friendships formed, language and cultural acquisition acquired would not have been gained so quickly without the events. I also dine out on those two mugging stories when people ask me about my travels more than any other events from my Russian trips since they gave me the most understanding of what Russia is. A violent fucked up place but with ridiculously friendly people who go out their way to help a guy out who is in trouble.

I get to Moscow on Thursday night with a buddy. If you want to go back to the club for shits and giggles I'll happily come with you for the crack. Show the bouncer prick you won't be cowed.
05-03-2016 08:23 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like PeruLover12's post:
Rocha, samsamsam, Balkan, WashedUPVet, crudeloyalist, rudebwoy, Windom Earle, Enigma
WashedUPVet Offline
Recovering Beta
Silver Member

Yo @ligurian I don't know that I have the balls to go back, especially as the situation is under investigation but I will PM you contact info. We must meet.

Russia has a way of drawing you back in. As my girl is at dacha I reached out to a girl who I have been chatting with for over a year. I Instagram followed her before I ever thought of coming to Russia. She actually painted one of my photographs and posted it to Instagram about 16 months ago. What an amazing experience when she met me on the red square today with the same painting as a gift. I will keep it on the wall of my room. It's a great story. Her English is passable and I really worked on my Russian today. It's really refreshing to spend time with an authentic girl with no exposure to the west. She has never left Russia and the farthest she has traveled is Kiev and St Petersburg. We had a great time laughing and having fun. I felt like a 16 year old on a date. We all love the bang, but to me equally if not more pleasurable is the build up with an authentic feminine girl. She is probably an 8 minus one due to a brown tooth. However, she felt really thin, small and solid in my arms. It was our first meeting but it felt like we had been friends for a while as she was laughing and smiling the whole time. I love it when a Slavic girl does this it's so much fun. She came from the oblast and traveled about two hours just to see me. I traveled back to her station to see her on her way as she had to get back to take care of her daughter. To a kind, fun, feminine girl this is not beta, it's being a man to a woman who deserves it. I may still love Russia after all.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 10:54 AM by WashedUPVet.)
05-03-2016 10:34 AM
[-] The following 13 users Like WashedUPVet's post:
samsamsam, Going strong, Drizzle, DaveR, TheBMan, njimko22, Kaizen, Sgt, crudeloyalist, rudebwoy, Enigma, WanderingSoul, reciproke
DaveR Offline
Alpha Male
Gold Member

(05-02-2016 04:13 PM)WashedUPVet Wrote:  I'm not sure what the learning point is here, for myself or for you the member/lurker. Don't go out and drink? Don't go without a wing? Don't be a foreigner? I'm not sure what I could have done differently. I think its only a matter of time before you encounter an issue in Eastern Europe. If you roll the dice enough, at some point you get snake eyes.

Sorry to hear it. I'm 90% sure that you would have been targeted for being American. Anti-foreign sentiment is very strong at the moment and Americans usually experience the worst of it. The only thing you can do to avoid it is to integrate as quickly as possible.

(05-02-2016 04:42 PM)rishboy77 Wrote:  Thanks for a wake call Vet.

Too many guys think always think nothing will happen and 95% of the time it won't but it's the other 5% you got to worry about.

Hard to ever know if that this type of incident could easily happen in your own country compared to being targeted somewhere .
Better to safe then sorry.

Well said.
05-03-2016 03:58 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like DaveR's post:
rishboy77, WashedUPVet
William Windsor Offline
Recovering Beta

I think most ATMs have cameras or are under video surveillance. Hopefully there is some footage of the attacker who took you to the ATM.
05-03-2016 04:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like William Windsor's post:
WashedUPVet, samsamsam
WashedUPVet Offline
Recovering Beta
Silver Member

@windsor

Part 2 had more on this subject. Stay tuned. The ATM has been seen by yours truly and the police.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 05:59 PM by WashedUPVet.)
05-03-2016 05:56 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like WashedUPVet's post:
William Windsor, Rocha, Drizzle, samsamsam
Phil619sd Away
Male Feminist

(05-02-2016 04:13 PM)WashedUPVet Wrote:  I got about 3 steps from the front door when I was brutally attacked without warning. All the blows were directly to my face. The attack was initiated with a stomp on the foot before two men were hitting me. Bloody and semi conscious I went to the fetal position on the pavement. Rain water flowed over me as I curled my body in the gutter. After the beating stopped, I ran to a taxi and jumped in. Davai!!! One man ran after me and began choking me from the back of the taxi. I flung the door open and ran. He tackled me. I could barley see as my face was swollen over my eyes. He put me in another taxi and drove me to a bankomat. I entered bad pin codes and claimed my card wasn't working. SERE. Survive, evade, resist, escape. I was buying time to think. In the distance was a large 8 foot high wright iron fence with spikes. I saw freedom. My captor put me back in the car. I closed the door and he got in. I immediately jumped out and ran for the fence. In some supercharged adrenaline boost I jumped like Mario on super mushrooms over the fence.

First thing to do when they stomped you would be to do an orthodox stance (used in boxing) to guard your face and to make you harder to tackle down. When they started hitting you in the face freely it was already game-over, especially if you are not clenching your teeth as that can break your jaw. you can read more in:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/05/06...ple-steps/
05-03-2016 10:45 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Phil619sd's post:
Going strong, Davidovich
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Phil,

WashedUPVet is a former vet with lots of experience it sounds like. Not sure why you are telling him that unless you have been in that situation yourself. I honestly wouldn't value any info from a site called the art of manliness. I skimmed through it and it seemed great in theory. But possibly written by someone like me who has never stepped into a street fight.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 10:56 PM by samsamsam.)
05-03-2016 10:49 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like samsamsam's post:
PeruLover12, Dantes, WashedUPVet, rudebwoy, Enigma
Phil619sd Away
Male Feminist

(05-03-2016 10:49 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  Phil,

WashedUPVet is a former vet with lots of experience it sounds like. Not sure why you are telling him that unless you have been in that situation yourself. I honestly wouldn't value any info from a site called the art of manliness. I skimmed through it and it seemed great in theory. But possibly written by someone like me who has never stepped into a street fight.

To be honest I am not trying to tell him specifically but more to me and to the forum in general what could have been done in retrospective. From my experience teaching boxing and seeing street fights in lower class areas in Mexico assuming a fighting stance as soon as you are assaulted can level the field a little bit, I would guess much more than being a free for all target.

However, what happened here was more like a sneak attack, and definitely an ambush. So really there is so much you can do I actually think he actually managed really well after the initial attack, especially in elaborating an escape route, and it was lucky the assailant did not engaged with weapons otherwise I would say his best chance would be to just follow their orders.

As for the article I too don't agree 100% especially with the yelling to try and intimidate the opponent but I digress. It it does bring up important points tho.
05-04-2016 01:17 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phil619sd's post:
Disco_Volante
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

When I read what happened to him it just seemed like he got jumped. That he was smart to cooperate until he gathered himself from the surprise attack by multiple men. Had it just been one maybe he chooses a different course of action. He was smartly focused on surviving. That is my pathetic armchair commentary. By no means would I take anything I say as truth. Just a guess. I'm just happy he didn't suffer more serious injuries.

If you have experience in boxing or martial arts go here. https://www.rooshvforum.com/forum-39.html

Multiple threads where people seek knowledge. Maybe you can add to the conversation if you would like to join in. Thanks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
05-04-2016 01:30 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes samsamsam's post:
Going strong
Phil619sd Away
Male Feminist

(05-04-2016 01:30 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  If you have experience in boxing or martial arts go here. https://www.rooshvforum.com/forum-39.html

Multiple threads where people seek knowledge. Maybe you can add to the conversation if you would like to join in. Thanks.

Sounds good brother!
I'm happy he did not got worse wounds as well things could have turned really ugly.
05-04-2016 02:14 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phil619sd's post:
samsamsam
Constitution45 Offline
Alpha Male

Sorry to hear about that washedUPvet. Generally in that part of Moscow, trouble isn't as frequent as say it is outside clubs and bars in the U.K. But when there is a fight or confrontation it usually ends up being a lot nastier. I trust that you will recover well. Did you tell the Consulate ?
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 04:50 AM by Constitution45.)
05-04-2016 04:50 AM
WashedUPVet Offline
Recovering Beta
Silver Member

(05-04-2016 04:50 AM)Constitution45 Wrote:  Sorry to hear about that washedUPvet. Generally in that part of Moscow, trouble isn't as frequent as say it is outside clubs and bars in the U.K. But when there is a fight or confrontation it usually ends up being a lot nastier. I trust that you will recover well. Did you tell the Consulate ?

Yes @constitution45, I did it over the phone and also came into the American Citizen Services to give a sworn statement at the Embassy. I will reveal why later when I publish my "Datasheet: How to Get Your Ass Beat Overseas." Definitely will include a link in the signature line. Drop me a line by the way too dude.
05-04-2016 02:32 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like WashedUPVet's post:
Drizzle, samsamsam, DarkTriad
rishboy77 Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(05-04-2016 02:32 PM)WashedUPVet Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 04:50 AM)Constitution45 Wrote:  Sorry to hear about that washedUPvet. Generally in that part of Moscow, trouble isn't as frequent as say it is outside clubs and bars in the U.K. But when there is a fight or confrontation it usually ends up being a lot nastier. I trust that you will recover well. Did you tell the Consulate ?

Yes @constitution45, I did it over the phone and also came into the American Citizen Services to give a sworn statement at the Embassy. I will reveal why later when I publish my "Datasheet: How to Get Your Ass Beat Overseas." Definitely will include a link in the signature line. Drop me a line by the way too dude.

Can't wait to hear more of this story.

Obviously the bouncer is the key but sometimes it really depends on how deep his connections are. If for instance he connected to high level mafia the cops will back off quickly usually compared to if it was some low level no name thugs.

I still remember banging this chick from Dnep who's ex BF was a uncle related to the EX president Yanukovych... she showed me pic's on her phone like a queen she drove around the city in Audi Q7 until she smashed it. Cops are helpless against the mafia and usually in bed together.

https://twitter.com/pyellow
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 03:01 PM by rishboy77.)
05-04-2016 03:00 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like rishboy77's post:
PeruLover12, WashedUPVet, Davidovich
WashedUPVet Offline
Recovering Beta
Silver Member

So I think I'm just in Russia trying to recover from my PTSD of duders beating me down and head wounds, then this guy called the @Ligurian shows up fresh on the scene. Hot damn he was high energy from the moment we met at the horse statue. We sit down at Papa's place and dude takes the corner seat at the table in the fatal funnel of a bar and churns out women like butter. After I follow the lead of some poor drunk Russian teenager failing badly and plowing the path to a Stanish set this dude.... @Ligurian and his bro (banned member) completely buries me with some caveman game from the far West on multiple sets of slavic chicks. I'm left playing provider game and draining my wallet to some Asian Slooter from the Stans and her two girlfriend 5's who just "want to dance." While I'm buying drinks and dreaming of a finger blasting of abundant Russian Asian chicks, duder "Lig" is closing real slavs. Damn I felt dumb when he sent me the pic of the bottle of wine flowing down an 8 while I"m stuck waiting hungover in my lame ass room waiting for my LTR's train from the Volga river to arrive back to Moscow this morning. At this point I'm absent from game just praying for a sure bang. "Some guys get all the luck, some guys get all the pain......" It was like Rod Stewart was singing our overture.... To be continued.... A Washed up Veteran, a Ligurian with UK accent and Norwigan banned member in semi poosy paradise.... It is a combined male set meant to be. I will be redeemed. Welcome to the Eastern Block Men. Let's do some more damage every day to the FSU. Stay tuned for further updates as I duck and cover on my LTR to spend more time with the boys... Or maybe I puss out and they write about my weak approaches more here. Stay tuned for some new perspectives.... Stay real, stay accountable, stay verified.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 12:48 AM by WashedUPVet.)
05-06-2016 11:56 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like WashedUPVet's post:
samsamsam, 262, Rocha, Drizzle, PeruLover12, Gopnik, crudeloyalist, JohnDGregory, Windom Earle, Enigma, DarkTriad
PeruLover12 Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

Haha you must of written that whilst drunk. The truth is a little different...

WUV is a handsome mofo and built like a linebacker and had most of the girls in the bar trying to get his attention by throwing him glances and playing with their hair seductively. It was humiliating being destroyed by him. I eventually bounced to a club with Harald Baldr and a couple of chicks we met leaving WUV to hang out with a beautiful Central Asian girl who was giving him the puppy dog eyes. We eventually ended up back at a girl's apartment with a couple of over the hill women at 4am drinking wine and eating dumplings. Funny first night in Moscow.

Shout out to WUV who showed us a fun bar which we would not have found otherwise. An intelligent and socially savvy guy who is very good company, would recommend people passing through this incredible city drop him a pm.
05-07-2016 11:16 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like PeruLover12's post:
WashedUPVet, samsamsam, Rocha, Drizzle, 262, crudeloyalist, Enigma
Constitution45 Offline
Alpha Male

Shame, I used to remember going to Papa's place, would have loved to have gone gaming with you guys there. Had some great moments over there. This thread is making me miss it.
05-07-2016 11:25 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Constitution45's post:
WashedUPVet, Drizzle, Enigma
cycl0ne Offline
Game Denialist

I'll be visiting Moscow sometime between 26th May and 6th June. I'm planning on staying with a friend and maybe get a hotel in the city for about 2 nights. I was hoping to meet people who are around during the aforementioned dates?
05-09-2016 04:22 AM
_Cicero Offline
Recovering Beta

(05-03-2016 03:58 PM)DaveR Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 04:13 PM)WashedUPVet Wrote:  I'm not sure what the learning point is here, for myself or for you the member/lurker. Don't go out and drink? Don't go without a wing? Don't be a foreigner? I'm not sure what I could have done differently. I think its only a matter of time before you encounter an issue in Eastern Europe. If you roll the dice enough, at some point you get snake eyes.

Sorry to hear it. I'm 90% sure that you would have been targeted for being American. Anti-foreign sentiment is very strong at the moment and Americans usually experience the worst of it. The only thing you can do to avoid it is to integrate as quickly as possible.

(05-02-2016 04:42 PM)rishboy77 Wrote:  Thanks for a wake call Vet.

Too many guys think always think nothing will happen and 95% of the time it won't but it's the other 5% you got to worry about.

Hard to ever know if that this type of incident could easily happen in your own country compared to being targeted somewhere .
Better to safe then sorry.

Well said.

Horrific. I've been to Craisy Daisy at least twice. Coulda been me. I'm with DaveR here. While it's impossible to say with certainty what drove the attack, contingent on the race of the attackers, I suspect it may be some night-wolves, russian nationalist shit. Those f*ckers were likely looking to do some damage to a foreigner, especially one who is fucking their women, not just steal somebody's wallet. I'm also skeptical it was instigated by talking to somebody's girl. They probably went out looking for a foreigner.

It could just be a one-off thing that coulda happened anywhere, including the US, but I suspect it is a trend. Given the US/foreigner hate spewed by the media, which happens now in the US as well, it's not surprising. I heard another similar story about about an American getting beaten up randomly while camping. I also saw some TV show where guys were beating up Americans randomly for fun.
05-11-2016 10:42 AM
TheMoscower Offline
Male Feminist

Drunk fights may happen to anyone in moscow clubs. If you want increased security go to more high-end places like gypsy, icon, at least rolling stones. Security guys are very tough there.
05-11-2016 11:56 AM
_Cicero Offline
Recovering Beta

(05-11-2016 11:56 AM)TheMoscower Wrote:  Drunk fights may happen to anyone in moscow clubs. If you want increased security go to more high-end places like gypsy, icon, at least rolling stones. Security guys are very tough there.

this clearly wasn't a "drunk fight" bro
05-11-2016 11:49 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like _Cicero's post:
PeruLover12, WashedUPVet, DaveR, Enigma, Perdidogringo
fiveminrule Offline
Game Denialist

I also had trouble at Crazy Daisy a few years ago. It wasn't nearly as bad as what happened to you but as I was talking to a group of 5 or so girls a Russian guy who looked like he was on steroids rtightly wrapped his arm around my neck and said "you go home". I am a small guy and I wasn't really getting anywhere with the set so I listened to him. I believe there are 2 Crazy Daisys, which one did this happen at? I was at the one near Sukharevskaya.

I was actually at Papas Place that same night as you guys for a little while
05-12-2016 04:00 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes fiveminrule's post:
WashedUPVet
Courage Reborn Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

I never got a good vibe from this place. The doctor saying that he's seen it happen before is telling. Thank you for sharing your story. It will save others, no doubt.

Most Russians I've met like America, and Americans. A smaller number do not. To lower my risk exposure, I show Russian bouncers an ID card rather than my passport. When guys I don't know ask where I'm from, I say Canada. You never know what preconceived notions a stranger may be harboring.

In Russian nightlife, guys don't cockblock. There's enough quality to go around for all. But occasionally guys do bring their girlfriends with them to the club. Or the girl is dating one of the staff. This is when drama ensues, and occasionally violence.

The times I've unknowingly chatted guys girlfriends, they usually just tap my shoulder and say "that's my girlfriend". But other times, especially if his girl is acting slutty to provoke a reaction, the dudes got physical. Getting traction with a Russian dudes girl, while gaming in English, is a bigger threat than if you were just some local.

Finally, while I've seen plenty of fights here, I've never seen security break one up. They always just let them fight. I'm not sure what they actually do.
05-12-2016 08:55 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like Courage Reborn's post:
njimko22, Brosemite, Rocha, TripleG, Travesty, Chaos, rudebwoy, Enigma
TripleG Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

I'll throw in my 2cents. Most Russians do like America, and I've never had problems, except a few times where I felt the local guys were jealous but since I look like them, speak good Russian and am a laid back guy who prefers diplomacy over fighting I was able to eventually make friendly conversation. Also with old age i have gotten more careful with the places I choose to visit and the amount of drinking I do, though this rule should apply to most Roosh travelers who visit Russia.

When I was there last year anti-American propaganda (due to economic sanctions and UA stance) by the government was high, however to be honest most Russians seemed oblivious to it. There is more of a threat that someone will get assaulted if they are a visible minority than if one is a "loud American" and even then it would happen in less public places and only if you seem vulnerable.

Honestly it really depends on how one carry's themselves. Being humble and trying to speak in Russian go's a long way. Genuinely enjoying the culture and asking questions about it also go's a long way. Hitting on girls while drunk and not being aware of one's surroundings though is not a recipe I would be willing to try.

@Courage, i have actually seen security get involved and do "their job" however they only seem to come into play in case there is a blatant crime committed, such as assault vs staff or someone not paying/stealing money. Last year Gadkiy Koyot Bar not far from Red Square I saw one of the female bartenders have a disagreement with a drunk guy (i think it was over money) and the drunk pulled on the bartenders hair. Immediately a stocky, bald security guy put the offending customer into a choke hold, threw him towards the door and proceeded to pummel him. To me it showed that it takes A LOT to piss off most security in Russian bars but once you do there's a good chance a beating will follow. None of this "lawsuit crap" or "i'll call the cops" talk that us westerners are used to, that just does not fly there.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 04:53 PM by TripleG.)
05-12-2016 04:52 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like TripleG's post:
Rocha, JohnDGregory, Enigma

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Central Russia vs Southern Russia avantgarde 1 4,631 12-04-2017 04:07 PM
Last Post: JeanJaq
  Russia or Ukraine(spec. Lviv or southern Russia) avantgarde 4 6,008 01-01-2013 12:21 PM
Last Post: jimukr104