I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Russia Thread
hawk_ca Offline
Male Feminist

RE: The Russia Thread
(01-10-2018 08:16 AM)ActaNonVerba Wrote:  
(01-09-2018 12:32 PM)hawk_ca Wrote:  Russian is difficult to learn. Or is this just me? Sometimes learning a new activity will eventually click. But this language seems to be taking longer to click. Just my thoughts. Confused

Every language can be learned. But you have to be willing to put in the effort. The number of hours per week depends on your plan and your goal. Russian is hard yet of course not impossible to learn. To reach a B2 (high intermediate) level it will take around 1000 - 1200 hours.

Thanks for the comment. And thanks for agreeing that it is difficult. I'm preparing to do at least 2 hours per week for now. See how this works out.
01-11-2018 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes hawk_ca's post:
wp_sniper
hawk_ca Offline
Male Feminist

Just a quick update on my lat post from two weeks ago. I'm dropping learning Russian from YouTube. I'm not learning as fast. I did find someone to study with. I think this is better because I actually have to study specific material. Also, we engage in actual learning once a week. I hope to report soon on how studying with someone is going.
01-24-2018 03:43 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes hawk_ca's post:
wp_sniper
wp_sniper Offline
Game Denialist

Damn; pretty brutal date tonight. I Was doing SOOO many things right, and buzzing right along, and then made several mistakes in a row; and lost it. Painful, but good learning experience. So i wrote a full write-up:

2/9/18 1st date with ala
Good choosing the bar to meet at. Good choosing a place to sit. Good making sure she sits next to you. Good finding out what she likes to drink. And when she's like "ohh maybe this maybe that", good being the man, speaking up and saying "fine, ok good, we'll get whiskey" Good getting two shots and a beer. Good just sipping on the beer and telling her you know what I don't like the whiskey, you can have mine too (so that she drinks more). Good finding out logistics: do you have a boyfriend (she has a GF), how much time do you have tonight? Have you ever liked a boy?
Good slowly getting more physical/ showing ZERO emotional reaction when she said don’t touch me. Just bringing up the logical question later, "why don't you like being touched?" And touching her anyway.
Good seeding the pull with lets go back and read my russian book and drink at my place. Also getting her to qualify that she's not a thief and she promises not to steal my passport.
Good having her speak most of the time during the date; and keeping my answers short.
BAD staying on the "do you want to go to my house topic" Could have baby stepped more when it was clear she wasn't sold on the idea. Should LEAD: Let's go outside, then once we're out there say "hey I'm gonna order an uber, 5 minutes away. It's great we'll have another drink. " NEVER ASK PERMISSION. YOU'RE HANDING HER A NO ON A SILVER PLATTER. When she agreed to go with you she was agreeing to be a slut; so of course she's going to bring up her mom/girlfriend/oprah etc who said she shouldn't go home with a guy. NEVER NEVER NEVER ASK. FUCK THAT. JUST LEAD.
After she agreed "ok we'll walk to your place" (1hr walk away) Good pumping buying temperature, singing/being silly while walking. Good when in front of her house and she wanted to go in, saying "no we're having so much fun together, lets keep walking"
While walking you asked "so can I buy an uber now to go to my place?" WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. Say, "hey we walked enough, I'm ordering an uber right now. It will pick us up in two blocks." If she throws a big fit, don't order it. Try again later after pumping her emotions again. NEVER ASK!!
When she didn’t want to get into the uber, good leading hard, saying lets get in and pulling her towards the car. When it was clear she wouldn't get in and was physically pulling back against you, BAD being emotionally reactive. She could tell you got pissed that she wouldn't get in. Good recovering and pointing out the license plate on the car matched the license plate on the uber app and it's perfectly safe; but the damage had been done, you just showed a sign of being a manipulatable beta.
When at your house and she said 'my mom told me guys who invite you home are dangerous" should have reminded her that her mom was talking about Russian guys who really are dangerous. I'm different. (Just give her a logical reason) -it almost worked later but by then she'd sobered up too much.
Good realizing you needed to change her mood, not her mind, to get her to come inside (but mind just went blank). Next time try something just completely out of left field like singing again; or throwing a snowball at her face. Anything to change the mood.
When she walked away; good remembering gun to the head mentality, telling her to wait and keep trying. And at least salvaged the situation and made her calm down enough where you could get a future date if you want.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 04:54 PM by wp_sniper.)
02-09-2018 04:54 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like wp_sniper's post:
Feyoder, Davidovich
wp_sniper Offline
Game Denialist

Hmm, either Russia is old news or my field report writing isn't very compelling Sad But I'll try one more time:

2/17/18 Botched 3 some attempt - Field Report
Went out Solo. Walked into a bar and saw a cutie with a big smile. I said hi, she said hi and hugged me. She went to dance on stage with a friend. I just kept approaching other girls but I kept my eye on her. She went outside to smoke and got separated from her friend so I made my move again when she got back on dance floor. We danced, then I started running basic comfort game: what's your name? what do you study? Where do you live? Who are you here with? Show me your instagram photos. Oh you're a singer? That's so cool!!!!!! Etc. After enough comfort I said find your friend, let's go to the bar next door. We found the friend, but then then they wanted to buy drinks at this bar. I have recently made a rule: I never buy drinks for a girl unless she is willing to venue change. This has been such a great rule to follow!! I don't know why I've never seen it proposed before.
Anyway, the friend was pretty drunk by now so kept getting distracted by other dudes hitting on her. I should have been more of a LEADER and said NO, LETS GO NOW. But I agreed to wait 10 minutes while this guy spit his game. Luckily his game sucked and I got the friend's attention back and got them to get out of there and down to a quieter bar where the guys don't pick up.
Bought them cheap beers, and sat in a far corner where no one would bother us (any time guys hear English they always use that as an excuse to come in and fuck up my set, saying whoah where you from, bla bla bla). Ran standard comfort game again getting them to talk about themselves most of the time, and answering their questions with as few of words as possible (to stay mysterious and not accidentally start qualifying myself). Also kept the vibe up by joking/singing etc.
Another guy did finally come sit down with us and try talking to them, but I just ignored him and told the girls we should go dance, so we stood up and he fucked off.
Out on the dance floor I finished getting logistics, I tried getting them to come to my house with lure of cigarettes and alcohol, but they seemed hesitant so when I found out one girl lived alone and we could go to her house I latched onto that. Only token resistance was that "my place is messy" my reply was "it's ok we're drunk we won't notice anyway." The logical excuse to go was there was a song that I wanted her to play me but our internet wasn't working inside the bar.
Ordered Uber. On Saturday night it was taking forever. After 15 minutes the first one canceled, and then had to wait another 15 minutes for the next one. A guy outside tried coming in and stealing a girl again. I knew this was dangerous so I told the girls fuck the uber lets just get a taxi. Couldn't get that to fly for whatever reason, but going back inside the bar to wait worked. And luckily again the guy didn't follow.
Waited for uber, got back to the girls place. This is always a nervous moment because sometimes these poor girls will just use you for the free uber ride home and then won't let you come inside, but again there was no drama; I just went straight up.
Inside when my target was in the toilet, I made out with the friend. She seemed pretty into it. I prob could have banged her right then but I was trying to set up the 3some and I didn't want the target to get weirded out too much. Long story short, the target just didn't get attracted enough to be DTF. And I couldn't get them to kiss each other so I could never get the that little spark to ignite which leads to a 3some. So we all went to sleep.
Still, waking up in between two hot Russians this morning was pretty nice. The target seemed pretty adamant about meeting up in the future for the whole "you teach me english, I'll teach you russian." So we'll see!
Lessons learned: Pretty proud of myself for mostly following the textbook: leading, especially when other guys come in.
Man that was painful last summer in Romania learning that lesson OVER and OVER again: if guys come up to you while you are with girls, and act like they are interested in you. MAKE NO MISTAKE. They are NOT interested in you, they are just trying to STEAL YOUR GIRLS. Ignore Ignore Ignore and move your girls ASAP!
My biggest slip up was not leading harder for the venue change as soon as we met the friend. If that other guy would have had better game and brought in a buddy, that would have been the end of the set.
Not sure what I could have done to build more attraction in the target to get the same night lay. Generally SNL aren't allowed in Russia so there just might not be anything I could have done.

Note: most of the above story was done via google translate. this video really explains how useful it is: https://youtu.be/XcfnzTDm7Pshttps://yout...cfnzTDm7Ps
02-18-2018 04:35 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like wp_sniper's post:
Feyoder, Davidovich
Feyoder Offline
Beta Orbiter

(02-18-2018 04:35 AM)wp_sniper Wrote:  Man that was painful last summer in Romania learning that lesson OVER and OVER again: if guys come up to you while you are with girls, and act like they are interested in you. MAKE NO MISTAKE. They are NOT interested in you, they are just trying to STEAL YOUR GIRLS. Ignore Ignore Ignore and move your girls ASAP!

I think a go to response to a legitimate AMOG trying to occupy you is a subtle "Hey, it's ok that you're gay dude" subtext.

The best though is to have a wing who can occupy them--straight out of
mystery.

Impressive that this was done out of google translate. It feels a bit of a mood killer to me.

One other thing: I'm always wary of appearing to "mate guard" (this is **my** girl) in these situations. Something I need to improve.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 07:22 AM by Feyoder.)
02-18-2018 07:17 AM
wp_sniper Offline
Game Denialist

Hmm. I'm not sure I understand how "it's ok you're gay dude" would work here. Maybe you could explain better? Back in the states, I think I could figure it out, but here there's rarely much verbal communication with the guys. And I definitely don't want to offend them. Everyone tells me never get in a fight with a Russian guy. Especially since I'm alone my survival strategy is always just get away.

Thanks for reading Smile I've got used to google translate. At a bar you can mix in singing, dancing, etc to keep the vibe up. And of course I'm slowly learning Russian also, and the girls sometimes know a few questions in English.

What do you mean "Mate guard"? I've found usually guys go for an easy target. I try to always make it clear both girls are with me. Usually if I have my arms around each of them, no guys come and bother us. It's when I'm slipping and letting one girl get a little distance between us that opportunistic drunk guys come in. So I've found displaying "This is *my* girl" is always a help, not a hindrance. But maybe you meant something different?

BTW here's the youtube link about google translate, up there the link is stuck together twice so you can't click it https://youtu.be/XcfnzTDm7Ps
02-18-2018 08:06 AM
Bikal Offline
Chubby Chaser

(02-18-2018 08:06 AM)wp_sniper Wrote:  Hmm. I'm not sure I understand how "it's ok you're gay dude" would work here. Maybe you could explain better?

Everyone tells me never get in a fight with a Russian guy ... since I'm alone my survival strategy is always just get away.
I think what he's saying is that the guy is focusing on you in an attempt to steal the women but as he's focusing on you, it could be seen in a homosexual way thus you can play the gay card and catch him off guard, especially how being gay is perceived in Russia.

Wrong, standing up to a man isn't going in for a fight, it's about showing your self-worth and that alone can win respect, if he wants a fight, you'd know before you can even challenge him over his muscling in on your girl so a strategy of running when challenged over a girl is the wrong move, assert your dominance, always.
02-18-2018 08:47 AM
wp_sniper Offline
Game Denialist

(02-18-2018 08:47 AM)Bikal Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 08:06 AM)wp_sniper Wrote:  Hmm. I'm not sure I understand how "it's ok you're gay dude" would work here. Maybe you could explain better?

Everyone tells me never get in a fight with a Russian guy ... since I'm alone my survival strategy is always just get away.
I think what he's saying is that the guy is focusing on you in an attempt to steal the women but as he's focusing on you, it could be seen in a homosexual way thus you can play the gay card and catch him off guard, especially how being gay is perceived in Russia.

Wrong, standing up to a man isn't going in for a fight, it's about showing your self-worth and that alone can win respect, if he wants a fight, you'd know before you can even challenge him over his muscling in on your girl so a strategy of running when challenged over a girl is the wrong move, assert your dominance, always.

I don't know man. I think you're assuming I'm with a bigger group than the guys that come up. Usually I'm solo and it's 2-5 guys coming up to steal my girls. I'm not going to convince all of them that they're gay.
However, if I take charge, assert that I'm the dominant leader, and just take my girls, then the guys would be immediately putting themselves in beta role to follow me, and thus will be easier to deal with.
I don't give a fuck about "winning his respect" I'm only worried about the girls.

This is a nice strategy if you speak the same language as the guy though if it's girls I've just opened and they aren't willing to move with me yet, and it's only 1 guy coming in, I can try to "make him seem gay" for being so interested in me. With the total language barrier here I just don't see it working.

Do you guys have examples of specific lines you could say to a guy? Like "oh yeah you seem cool too, actually only my roommate is gay, i'm not into that"
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 12:20 PM by wp_sniper.)
02-18-2018 11:54 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes wp_sniper's post:
Feyoder
Feyoder Offline
Beta Orbiter

(02-18-2018 11:54 AM)wp_sniper Wrote:  However, if I take charge, assert that I'm the dominant leader, and just take my girls, then the guys would be immediately putting themselves in beta role to follow me, and thus will be easier to deal with.
I don't give a fuck about "winning his respect" I'm only worried about the girls.

This is a nice strategy if you speak the same language as the guy

Do you guys have examples of specific lines you could say to a guy? Like "oh yeah you seem cool too, actually only my roommate is gay, i'm not into that"

Good points.

If you do speak the language, my go to response would be something that insinuates a subtext: "you're a very chatty man".
02-19-2018 11:37 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Feyoder's post:
Davidovich
wp_sniper Offline
Game Denialist

hmmm. cool. I'll start trying this. Every time we go out here at night it's endless dudes coming up to us so I'll get plenty of chances to practice haha.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018 04:59 AM by wp_sniper.)
02-21-2018 04:59 AM
mcgooie Offline
Beta Orbiter

Currently in St Petersburg and with almost no memory from Sunday evening. Last thing I remember was drinking tea at about 7/8pm and the next thing I know is waking up around 9am the next morning. Thankfully in my own bed and with both my kidneys still intact. No idea how I got home.

To make matters worse, my credit cards where hit for about £800 in total so I can only assume that I got drugged somewhere.
My credit card statements show the name "Granada". After a little bit of searching, I found this. I can only assume that it is the same place but with no memory, I have no way of knowing for certain or indeed any evidence of this.
Apparently this is now a very common scam going on in SPB. I just fired up tinder and literally the first couple of matches all wanted to meet me later this evening near Nevsky Prospekt. They got very defensive about being busy tomorrow when I said I couldn't meet tonight.

I am talking with my bank about cancelling the transactions but not very hopeful. The only good thing is that I had my laptop and passport with me and I still have those. Stay safe people!
02-27-2018 09:23 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like mcgooie's post:
durangotang, Rocha, Gopnik, Kaizen, John Michael Kane, Handsome Creepy Eel, Fornication
Batka Offline
Banned

(02-27-2018 09:23 AM)mcgooie Wrote:  Currently in St Petersburg and with almost no memory from Sunday evening. Last thing I remember was drinking tea at about 7/8pm and the next thing I know is waking up around 9am the next morning. Thankfully in my own bed and with both my kidneys still intact. No idea how I got home.

To make matters worse, my credit cards where hit for about £800 in total so I can only assume that I got drugged somewhere.
My credit card statements show the name "Granada". After a little bit of searching, I found this. I can only assume that it is the same place but with no memory, I have no way of knowing for certain or indeed any evidence of this.
Apparently this is now a very common scam going on in SPB. I just fired up tinder and literally the first couple of matches all wanted to meet me later this evening near Nevsky Prospekt. They got very defensive about being busy tomorrow when I said I couldn't meet tonight.

I am talking with my bank about cancelling the transactions but not very hopeful. The only good thing is that I had my laptop and passport with me and I still have those. Stay safe people!

Well at least you weren't buggered up the arse.
02-27-2018 11:16 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Batka's post:
mcgooie, Handsome Creepy Eel
exitus Offline
Game Denialist

Anyone think the World Cup is going to screw with Russia this year? I wanted to go to SPB for the summer but the Airbnb prices are jacked up. Anyone have alternatives for 3 months of housing?
02-27-2018 02:29 PM
MrRoundtree Offline
Wingman

(02-27-2018 09:23 AM)mcgooie Wrote:  Currently in St Petersburg and with almost no memory from Sunday evening. Last thing I remember was drinking tea at about 7/8pm and the next thing I know is waking up around 9am the next morning. Thankfully in my own bed and with both my kidneys still intact. No idea how I got home.

Anyone got a list of bars and places to avoid in Moscow/Sankt Petersburg?
02-27-2018 10:58 PM
icrus Offline
Recovering Beta

Avoid anything that is obviously low class. Moscow's nightlife is generally safer than SPB's in my experience but you do get the occasional disappeared or drugged foreigner here as well (once a year or so).

http://www.moscownightguide.com
02-28-2018 04:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Tail Gunner Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(02-28-2018 04:16 AM)icrus Wrote:  Avoid anything that is obviously low class. Moscow's nightlife is generally safer than SPB's in my experience but you do get the occasional disappeared or drugged foreigner here as well (once a year or so).

Hey, I just read your blog article on the five best cheap bars in Moscow.

Quote:Just remember to bring your ID because, like a lot of low-end bars in Moscow, they will not let you in without ID, even if you're clearly older 25.

This comment raises so many issues. Why do they demand an ID? Is the legal drinking age really 25? Is a copy of your passport sufficient (I never carry my passport when I walk about, unless this is absolutely required by law)? If not, is a driver's license from your home country sufficient?

Thanks. I will keep reading your blog when I have time.
02-28-2018 11:04 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tail Gunner's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Bikal Offline
Chubby Chaser

(02-28-2018 11:04 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  This comment raises so many issues. Why do they demand an ID? Is the legal drinking age really 25? Is a copy of your passport sufficient (I never carry my passport when I walk about, unless this is absolutely required by law)? If not, is a driver's license from your home country sufficient?
Why is it an issue to provide ID? Face control is prevalent and that requires your original ID not a photocopy.

Do you not use your ID in your home country for access to bars or clubs?
02-28-2018 12:42 PM
icrus Offline
Recovering Beta

Because low-end places in Moscow don't have крыша, a roof, that covers them in case shit goes down. This roof is either the mafia, authorities or probably both. The all too famous gipsy and rolling Stone clubs are full with underage girls because they don't give a damn.

Last Sunday we strolled into a club that works seven days a week. In front of it are tons of beat up Ladas and whatnot. Got asked for ID and patted down. Inside a decent amount of people that had nothing better to do than to dance to shitty techno on a Sunday. Of course you'll be fine here 99/100 times. But that one time you do some stupid shit, especially as a foreigner, you'll get in trouble at a place like this.

Judging by the posts here recently most people aren't too well-calibrated socially (basic statistics, not everyone can be a G). That's why the do's and don'ts are important to know.

Also, sometimes ID is fine. Sometimes the gorillas don't recognize a European ID and ask for a passport.

http://www.moscownightguide.com
02-28-2018 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like icrus's post:
Rocha, Gopnik
bill_pap Offline
Male Feminist

Was one of the little bitches that drugged you this blonde? Her name is Yana, she and her friend drugged me too last November, too bad for them I didn't give them my credit card, they tried to rob me too after they drugged me. She found me on Tinder

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-28-2018 01:43 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like bill_pap's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Gopnik
mcgooie Offline
Beta Orbiter

(02-28-2018 01:43 PM)bill_pap Wrote:  

Was one of the little bitches that drugged you this blonde? Her name is Yana, she and her friend drugged me too last November, too bad for them I didn't give them my credit card, they tried to rob me too after they drugged me. She found me on Tinder

Don't recognise her at all I am afraid. Or maybe that's a good thing. My bank are currently investigating so who knows. Maybe they will have some sympathy. I should know in a few days.
02-28-2018 02:44 PM
Aviel Offline
Beta Orbiter

Damn! I didn't think Russia was that messed up
02-28-2018 02:58 PM
Buffas Offline
Banned

Hey, need a quick opinion guys

Going to St Petersburg from August 2018 to January 2019 to study

I could choose to go to Moscow and take some courses during the summer (June to August)

Is the World Cup a reason to go or a reason to stay away? Like others have said here, Airbnb prices for these months are crazy. The university would offer a very cheap dorm room (less than $100 per month) but it's likely shared and with rules of no visitors after 11pm

It'd be nice with less work in St Petersburg, a better opportunity to learn Russian and to experience Russia during the summer. But I'm not sure if it's worth it now that the World Cup fucks up housing opportunities. I can't spend more than $800 per month in rent and I want my own apartment in a decent location in that case
02-28-2018 04:39 PM
Gopnik Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

(02-28-2018 04:39 PM)Buffas Wrote:  Hey, need a quick opinion guys

I could choose to go to Moscow and take some courses during the summer (June to August)

Is the World Cup a reason to go or a reason to stay away? Like others have said here, Airbnb prices for these months are crazy. The university would offer a very cheap dorm room (less than $100 per month) but it's likely shared and with rules of no visitors after 11pm

It'd be nice with less work in St Petersburg, a better opportunity to learn Russian and to experience Russia during the summer. But I'm not sure if it's worth it now that the World Cup fucks up housing opportunities. I can't spend more than $800 per month in rent and I want my own apartment in a decent location in that case

800$ should still be enough in Saint Petersburg, even during the world cup. From September onwards, 500$ should easily get you a very good studio in a central location.

You need to try other sites though, airbnb in Russia is used almost exclusively by tourists and will always have the most expensive options.

If you don't speak Russian, try to contact a local that can help you out. Otherwise, try avito, or vkontakte accommodation groups.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2018 05:47 PM by Gopnik.)
02-28-2018 05:39 PM
Buffas Offline
Banned

(02-28-2018 05:39 PM)Gopnik Wrote:  
(02-28-2018 04:39 PM)Buffas Wrote:  Hey, need a quick opinion guys

800$ should still be enough in Saint Petersburg, even during the world cup. From September onwards, 500$ should easily get you a very good studio in a central location.

You need to try other sites though, airbnb in Russia is used almost exclusively by tourists and will always have the most expensive options.

If you don't speak Russian, try to contact a local that can help you out. Otherwise, try avito, or vkontakte accommodation groups.

Probably didn't make myself clear but I'm mostly inquiring about the option to also go to Moscow from June to August. I'm not too worried about finding housing in St Petersburg in these slow months (Sep-Jan) where it's also a longer stay. It's more the two months in Moscow in the middle of the World Cup. Do you still think it's doable within the budget (own apartment in a decent location in Moscow for two months at $800 per month during World Cup) if I find a way to look through these more local platforms?
02-28-2018 06:19 PM
Bikal Offline
Chubby Chaser

(02-28-2018 06:19 PM)Buffas Wrote:  Probably didn't make myself clear but I'm mostly inquiring about the option to also go to Moscow from June to August. I'm not too worried about finding housing in St Petersburg in these slow months (Sep-Jan) where it's also a longer stay. It's more the two months in Moscow in the middle of the World Cup. Do you still think it's doable within the budget (own apartment in a decent location in Moscow for two months at $800 per month during World Cup) if I find a way to look through these more local platforms?
I love Russia but I sure as hell won't be visiting during the World Cup, WCs make everything expensive, I remember the gouging that happened in ZA and knowing Russia as I do, the same will happen there.

$800 wouldn't be enough for two months apartment rental, food, excursion and general costs, especially not if you want a decent location. That said, I wouldn't advise $800 for two months even without the WC, Moscow can be expensive, very expensive, even for locals.
02-28-2018 06:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Central Russia vs Southern Russia avantgarde 1 4,631 12-04-2017 04:07 PM
Last Post: JeanJaq
  Russia or Ukraine(spec. Lviv or southern Russia) avantgarde 4 6,008 01-01-2013 12:21 PM
Last Post: jimukr104