Tickets On Sale For Last 5 Cities Of Roosh's Tour! Early bird pricing ends soon for Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte. Click here for details.

Lifter's Lounge
General Stalin Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

RE: Lifter's Lounge
Just moved into a new place and bought a NutriNinja Pro for myself as a housewarming gift. It was on sale at Target $80 ($100+ anywhere else I looked online).

900 Watt motor. This mother fucker could grind rocks.

Broke it in tonight made a smoothie with:

1 cup Old fashioned Oats
1 medium banana
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 cup Greek yogurt - Vanilla blend
handful of spinach
1 cup 2% reduced fat chocolate milk

It was good! I overpacked the cup though and made the mistake of putting the toughest ingredient (oats) in first so I had to shake it up a lot to get them to sink down to the blades.

Looking forward to making more hearty smoothies.
05-03-2016 04:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like General Stalin's post:
redbeard, MiscBrah, samsamsam, Anabasis to Desta
kosko Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

I've been doing more early morning workouts with a new job. It has been a struggle to get energy as I just don't have the appetite to eat a heavy meal before bed, nor the time in the morning. To adress this I have been experimenting with baby food as a pre-workout snack.

Yes baby food.
[Image: SPR14_How_to_use_PCO_baby_food_pouches.j...margin.png]

In getting bananas one morning I saw some organic baby food on sale and I looked at the Marcos and ingredients and it was a easy choice. It is essentially mushed up fruit and vegetables and some have whey added to it for a little protein. As a performance food the logic is simple. For example, you can get performance electrolytes in gels which is great for high intensity stuff like running. With lifting you need more dense energy that is quickly availible. My view is that baby food offers a hack to expeinsive shakes and powders the supplements industry attempts to peddle.

I will crush back 2-3 squeeze packs and they give about 10 grams of carbs each pouch with fibre so it is slower released. It gives me good clean energy. I don't get the stomach issues a protein shake can give me and the honesty is that I never got great energy from simply just a protien shake. I always needed some carbs in me.

For my third time trying this I froze them and ate them like slushes which tasted good. It also passed a heavy leg day. I had good energy with my BCAAs in the mix intra-workout.

I usually stick to the pumpkin/squash/sweet potato type flavors and I will mix it with a more fruit one like mango or peach cobbler to chase. The squeeze packs are more convenient, I don't think I could do the little jars. I like how I can can throw a bunch of packs in my gym back and crush them back as I walk.

What lead me to this....I attempted to use BOOST Meal Replacement drinks as a pre-workout meal 2 months ago. Those things are trash and just full of sugar. They started to make me fat and they just give you a big insulin spike. I would only drink these BOOST drinks if desperate for calories post-workout. Any other time the baby food is superior for a quick hit of nutrients.

This will be a regular thing for me all summer.
05-03-2016 12:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kosko's post:
Anabasis to Desta
ballsyamog Offline
Recovering Beta

@kosko .... interesting, I've never actually heard someone use baby food like that before.... what's the calorie count on one of those packs and protein count?
05-03-2016 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Speaking of baby related products, if you get really hungover - pedialyte.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
05-03-2016 03:10 PM
kosko Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(05-03-2016 02:50 PM)ballsyamog Wrote:  @kosko .... interesting, I've never actually heard someone use baby food like that before.... what's the calorie count on one of those packs and protein count?

Not alot. The squeeze packs I use (pictured) have around 60-80 calories in them each.

Protein isn't the main goal of the packs as they won't give you much (1-3 grams).

Just really just think of it as a food source that is quick digesting for energy use that offer good clean carbs and nutrients.

It has the ease factor for a pre-workout meal source, or also for a post-work out glycogen hit.
05-03-2016 10:38 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like kosko's post:
samsamsam, Anabasis to Desta
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Glycogen hit is supposed to happen within the hour after lifting right? To minimize the amount that could be turned into fat? Just my bro science knowledge. Not sure if it is accurate.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
05-03-2016 10:43 PM
cubanlinx Offline
Chubby Chaser

Kosko, you get a rubber ducky with that? I want one.

On a serious note, baby food is a very novel idea. How much does it cost a week?
05-03-2016 10:43 PM
kosko Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(05-03-2016 10:43 PM)cubanlinx Wrote:  Kosko, you get a rubber ducky with that? I want one.

On a serious note, baby food is a very novel idea. How much does it cost a week?

It is economical. Baby food is subsidized I believe and not taxed. It is typically priced a 1cent/ml, even for natural/organics. You can get non-organic stuff for as cheap as .80 cents per unit but I prefer to go natural for something like this.

[Image: 999999-846675004246_1.jpg]

^^ This example here is similar to the stuff I take and it is 1.67 a serving. I eat 2-3 before I workout so it costs the same as a Starbucks more or less. Not pricy at all.

EDIT: In thinking even further on it since it is subsided it is likely cheaper to by a strained organic apple baby food pack then to buy a single organic apple.....
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 11:20 PM by kosko.)
05-03-2016 11:18 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like kosko's post:
cubanlinx, Anabasis to Desta
CaptainChardonnay Away
True Player
Gold Member

Was messaging mikeymike earlier today asking him if I had any idea why my upper abs are sticking out farther than my chest. I always thought I was either visceral fat or had weird genetics but I just figured out what is going on.

I just self diagnosed myself with a slight anterior pelvic tilt. Here are some sources Im going to start using tomorrow to fix this:

In this guy's diagram you can really see what I mean in regards to my abs sticking out

05-03-2016 11:25 PM
H1N1 Offline
True Player
Gold Member

Went for a max set of chinups today (overhand grip) from a tree branch whilst I was out walking my dogs. Hit 26 deadhang reps at 191lbs BW. This is the most I've ever done by 11 reps (previous best as tested was 15 reps), and was done from a thick bar (about a 5" diameter tree branch).

I've not gone over 10 reps in training for months if not longer. I do all my chinning with weight, and only do about 3 sets/week of chins. Quite surprised to have had that many reps in me.
05-04-2016 04:06 PM
[-] The following 10 users Like H1N1's post:
Hannibal, samsamsam, Valentine, CaptainChardonnay, Hades, cubanlinx, Chaos, The Lizard of Oz, Mjölnir, Saccade
RexImperator Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Squatted 380x1 today (a PR) and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I've actually been doing a lot less squatting recently.

Bella, horrida bella
et Thybrim multo spumantem sanguine cerno
05-04-2016 04:56 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like RexImperator's post:
cubanlinx, realologist
Valentine Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

Too many people I know at my gym through friends of friends. I don't want to talk to you at the gym. I just want to get in, do my thing, then get out.

I don't even want to talk to any hot women. Okay that's a lie, but damn do I hate interruptions when I'm in the middle of a circuit.

And they then want to plan some kind of workout date with you. No. I don't want to sit around waiting for your 20 minute late ass then have to listen to your broscience when I just want to do back-to-back sets and focus on my gainz.

They're exactly the kind of people that never lose weight, gain muscle or add any plates too.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 05:48 PM by Valentine.)
05-04-2016 05:47 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Valentine's post:
Hannibal, Hades, cubanlinx, Chaos, Mentavious, Mjölnir
realologist Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(04-27-2016 08:22 PM)realologist Wrote:  Came so damn close to setting a PR on strict overhead press today. Previous was 195 and had 200 up to the middle of the forehead today but locked out and couldn't push it any further. Tried another attempt and only made it to the nose after that. I'll get you next time!

I got it! I got it! I got it good!

First two attempts I failed but had it over my head. I could feel it though. I wasn't giving up so easy. Third attempt. Took a deep breath, visualized it and sharpened my focus. One strong push and that bar was now my bitch. So much so that I attempted it one more time and completed it one more time.

[Image: 200w.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 07:51 PM by realologist.)
05-04-2016 07:49 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like realologist's post:
cubanlinx, redbeard, samsamsam, H1N1, Benoit, Anabasis to Desta
redbeard Offline
True Player
Gold Member

(05-04-2016 04:06 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  Went for a max set of chinups today (overhand grip) from a tree branch whilst I was out walking my dogs. Hit 26 deadhang reps at 191lbs BW. This is the most I've ever done by 11 reps (previous best as tested was 15 reps), and was done from a thick bar (about a 5" diameter tree branch).

I've not gone over 10 reps in training for months if not longer. I do all my chinning with weight, and only do about 3 sets/week of chins. Quite surprised to have had that many reps in me.

I've been doing weighted chins with the dumbbell between my feet, really makes you use strict form. Plus squeezing it at the top of last set....schwingggg pump city

1 Year NoFap Veteran --- No Days Off in Trump's America
05-04-2016 08:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like redbeard's post:
H1N1, Fortis
Dominance Offline
Recovering Beta

I didn't think this needed a new thread. But here's a funny video giving planet fitness shit.

You know their whole 'no judgement' crap but if someone is actually serious and in good shape they ARE discriminated against.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR WHOLE SHAMING!

05-04-2016 08:44 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominance's post:
samsamsam, General Stalin
RexImperator Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Laugh

There actually is a Planet Fitness thread

Bella, horrida bella
et Thybrim multo spumantem sanguine cerno
05-04-2016 09:12 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes RexImperator's post:
H1N1
redbeard Offline
True Player
Gold Member

RIP ULTIMATE WARRIOR

Relevant Chaos & Pain plug: http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/10...bf75a49f21

1 Year NoFap Veteran --- No Days Off in Trump's America
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 09:16 PM by redbeard.)
05-04-2016 09:15 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like redbeard's post:
Hades, Dominance, realologist
Dominance Offline
Recovering Beta

Quote:There actually is a Planet Fitness thread

Oh I didn't realize, i'll have a look for it.

Hahaha I love that ultimate warrior video.
05-05-2016 01:16 AM
Anabasis to Desta Away
Banned

Repped out 10 sets of Landmine chest Presses for the first time this morning. The upper chest activation is insane. By the end of the workout, my pecs looked like butt cheeks. To maximize pec activation it is important to NOT grip the bar. Just sort of let it lay on your palms and push with your chest.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 12:47 PM by Anabasis to Desta.)
05-05-2016 12:41 PM
Valentine Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(05-05-2016 12:41 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  Repped out 10 sets of Landmine chest Presses for the first time this morning. The upper chest activation is insane. By the end of the workout, my pecs looked like butt cheeks. To maximize pec activation it is important to NOT grip the bar. Just sort of let it lay on your palms and push with your chest.

I find it weird how so many bodybuilders use a tempo like that. Looks like 20X1.

Too much momentum, not enough control. He's just relying on elastic energy stored in his muscles. Something like 3222 would result in a more intense and stimulating workout.
05-05-2016 03:08 PM
dog24 Offline
Chubby Chaser

What do you guys think of these two?

I stopped going to the gym, i wasn't able to get a proper workout due to my mma training and too much cardio, plus the environment was just awful...
Girls walking around with what can only be described as using horse blinders who look at you as a beggar when you ask to share the equipment

and trainers tripping themselves into who can WK the most. Fuck that shit

I bought more plates to a barbell i already had and two dumbells, with some creativity i can train every body part in my house whenever i want and save some money in the process.

I highly suggest younger guys to invest into some equipment, i've been paying 11 years of gym passes and i honestly wish i had done something like this a lot sooner. You don't need 3 different fancy machines to stimulate the biceps and you don't need to be paying for a 500$ treadmill only fatties use.
Plus without steroids you would never get an impressive physique even if you train at the most complete gym.

A squat rack, an olympic barbell with bumper plates, a bench, two adjustable dumbells, a punching bag and a skipping rope is everything a man really needs.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 02:51 AM by dog24.)
05-06-2016 02:47 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes dog24's post:
Hannibal
Hannibal Offline
True Player
Gold Member

I like the pullup bar off trapezerigging.com.

[Image: allinone_and_closeup_large.jpg?v=1375937860]

I think I've had it for two or three years now. I like it a lot, it doesn't fuck up doors, 100% portable, tears down in about ten seconds. I think the weight limit is 350 lbs, so you have a lot of room for growth.

There are crybabies on amazon who say it is unstable, but that's not really a bad thing. It wobbles a bit, but when you go back to a normal chinning bar, you'll be able to do more chins. This, in my opinion, is better than using a doorway pullup bar where your knees touch the ground and it has that shitty foam on the handles (for whatever reason this tears calluses).

That one you listed below looks alright, kind of looks like the combination squat rack / dip station / pullup bar from Iron Mind.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on having equipment at home. Between dips, chins, and some form of squat, you should be able to hit most of your bases with those three.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 04:32 AM by Hannibal.)
05-06-2016 04:29 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Hannibal's post:
Anabasis to Desta, dog24
Mentavious Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

Back up to 225 (3x12) for power cleans.
Was able to do 375 DL for reps as well.

All numbers posted after sprint workouts are finished as well

Down to 215 (was at 227 in February) because of track season.

I've got about 4 weeks left of the season and possibly more depending on if any of my guys get invited to regionals/nationals.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock
05-06-2016 06:31 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mentavious's post:
Anabasis to Desta
cubanlinx Offline
Chubby Chaser

"Plus without steroids you would never get an impressive physique even if you train at the most complete gym."

C'mon man, that's some bullshit defeatist talk and you know it. It'll take longer, but to say "never"? 7 years and you're golden, unless you're expecting to be walking around at 8% bodyfat for the better part of the year.
05-06-2016 06:32 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like cubanlinx's post:
Anabasis to Desta, zatara
Mjölnir Offline
Beta Orbiter

^ have to agree with this guy besides one thing, 8% is totally doable if you're in it for long enough, look, it might take you 8 years, but you won't lose the muscle like you lose with steroids, when I started in the gym I was 115 lbs, after 3 years reached 190, stopped and a year and a half later i was still around 160 lbs, of course i wasn't in great shape, but still had my share of muscle... and I only stay 190 for 4 months or something, it takes 6 monts at least for your body to adapt to its new weight/muscle mass.. And you can reach 17' inches arms in time if you're at least 5'10, might not sound like that big, but if you see 17' arms dude with 8-6% b.f. i doubt that you wont think its big.

Dog24, really thinking about that. Only thing is that i don't have space at my place right now (i'm still in college) but first thing I will do when i get my house is to buy a bench, a squat rack, barbell and some weights, gym's nowdays are like the female psyche, I can't really understand the mess that is going around there, unless you now a really hardcore basement gym that only serious dudes go and the chicks that go can benchpress more then you do, i doubt that you won't be getting them gainz and the brutallest workouts in there..
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 12:43 PM by Mjölnir.)
05-06-2016 12:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Grow Like a New Lifter Again?" Nascimento 9 5,277 05-18-2018 09:36 AM
Last Post: ScrapperTL
  Slow Carb diet a decent beginning for a lifter? stugatz 13 5,574 01-12-2017 04:48 AM
Last Post: Razor Beast