Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Bitter non-entity says men are the problem with Silicon Valley
Benoit Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Bitter non-entity says men are the problem with Silicon Valley
(12-10-2014 08:28 AM)bojangles Wrote:  Haha that guy is more of a faggot then the faggot

What kind of person obsequiously fawns over someone who continually attacks and castigates them for any perceived slight?

Shanley is a victim-blaming harasser - 'you brought this beating on yourself, Jason'

Go team feminism!

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold
12-10-2014 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Benoit's post:
Sp5, SteveMcMahon, Feisbook Control
Sp5 Offline
Banned

delete
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 08:45 AM by Sp5.)
12-10-2014 08:42 AM
Sp5 Offline
Banned

I'm wondering about the meta of this. The OP and Milo tweeting he was doing a profile of Shanley were about the same time yesterday.

I wonder if the OP was read by Milo, or the OP is Milo?

I can't keep up with terms nowadays, is "faggot" considered insulting or not?

If it is, no need to insult Milo, he's doing great work. He's precipitated a wonderful meltdown of a truly noxious person. Maybe she'll be excluded from "polite company" now.
12-10-2014 08:45 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Sp5's post:
amity, Feisbook Control
Parlay44 Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Gay dudes call each other faggot like blacks call each other nigga.
It doesn't carry the same weight as an insult anymore since its
"Ok" and politically correct to be gay these days.

Team Nachos
12-10-2014 08:57 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Parlay44's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Sp5
sixsix Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

(12-10-2014 08:45 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  I'm wondering about the meta of this. The OP and Milo tweeting he was doing a profile of Shanley were about the same time yesterday.

If it is, no need to insult Milo, he's doing great work. He's precipitated a wonderful meltdown of a truly noxious person. Maybe she'll be excluded from "polite company" now.

In my post, 'faggot author' referred to that interviewer Jason Pontin, not to Milo, who happens to like other men and is a good writer. Kind of like beta, but then a sackless, traitorous beta. Or pussy.
12-10-2014 09:23 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes sixsix's post:
Sp5
Sp5 Offline
Banned

(12-10-2014 09:23 AM)sixsix Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 08:45 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  I'm wondering about the meta of this. The OP and Milo tweeting he was doing a profile of Shanley were about the same time yesterday.

In my post, 'faggot author' referred to that interviewer Jason Pontin, not to Milo, who happens to like other men and is a good writer. Kind of like beta, but then a sackless, traitorous beta. Or pussy.

Well, Shanley's shut down her public Twitter, so a spewing sewage line has been shut off.

https://twitter.com/shanley

Victory!!
12-10-2014 09:25 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Sp5's post:
SteveMcMahon, placer, Grange, amity, Feisbook Control, bojangles
dog Offline
Robin

[Image: 0moNMC9.png]

I know sixsix already posted the text, but Milo's response gave me an early morning giggle. Hey white knights, manginas, beta orbiters, and male feminists: this is the sort of appreciation you can expect from the females you spend your life catering to and pedestalizing. They don't look upon you with appreciation, they look upon you with disgust. Stop giving these women the slightest bit of influence.

I think the fact that over 40 women have already written to Milo in appreciation is quite telling. Even women in tech don't like the way things are going. You couldn't pay me enough money to work in Silicon Valley. The thought police have taken over there and made it their playground.
12-10-2014 09:47 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like dog's post:
Sp5, SteveMcMahon, Benoit, Feisbook Control, bojangles, KofiKingston
AnonymousBosch Away
Crow
Gold Member

delete
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 10:01 AM by AnonymousBosch.)
12-10-2014 10:00 AM
SteveMcMahon Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

I like Milo. No homo.

[Image: f5be0.jpg]

The guy has swagger. The world of journalism is full of lispingly politically correct SJW's and white knight manginas, and Milo cuts through it all with a smirk on his face.
12-10-2014 10:09 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like SteveMcMahon's post:
Sp5, amity, Handsome Creepy Eel, Feisbook Control, bojangles
Grange Offline
Kingfisher

I found out about the piece (and the girl) yesterday on Twitter. She must have just recently reached critical mass where people, Milo and me included, would start becoming interested in her bullshit. And I'm sure he knew about her before if he had time to interview other people about her.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia
12-10-2014 10:30 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grange's post:
Sp5
Grange Offline
Kingfisher

(12-10-2014 08:10 AM)sixsix Wrote:  As we speak, she's having a twitter meltdown directed at that faggot author:

Jason Pontin (Verified account)
@jason_pontin
1/ What I'd say to @nero's profile of @shanley: her Twitter persona is a more-or-less indefensible shtick, an act; http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Londo...en-Shanley
9:41 AM - 10 Dec 2014

Shanley ‏@shanley 7m7 minutes ago
[email protected]_pontin you're actual going to link people to a hate filled misogynist MRA takedown by a known harasser where YOU ARE A SOURCE?

Shanley@shanley 6m6 minutes ago
[email protected]_pontin and call my activism an "indefensible schtick"? Fuck you, fuck the MIT tech review

Shanley ‏@shanley 5m5 minutes ago
[email protected]_pontin you don't have the moral character to stand up for me for an interview *you asked for* that will get me harassed for weeks?

Milo Yiannopoulos ‏@Nero 5m5 minutes ago
@jason_pontin So if I start calling feminists disgusting cunts on Twitter but write intelligently on my blog, you’ll interview me too?

Hahaha, it's always awesome to see another White Knight being cannibalized by these mentally unbalanced freak shows.
It's beautiful, his next 2 tweets indicate he was sticking up for her. He thought her Twitter persona was just a thought-provoking act. Turns out, she's dead serious. Quelle surprise.

@jason_pontin
2/ It's a performance, meant to provoke. Read @ModelViewMedia, which is serious, and whose tone my Q&A with @shanley accurately captures.
9:44 AM - 10 Dec 2014

@jason_pontin
3/ I don't agree with all of @ModelViewMedia. But it is a serious critique of Silicon Valley, and must be read seriously.
9:55 AM - 10 Dec 2014

This is an important lesson for Jason Pontin, and I hope other people are watching. You earn zero credit, ever, for helping them. They cannot be pleased. Their message isn't actionable criticism, it's toxic drama through and through. They are trolls. Do not feed them.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia
12-10-2014 10:35 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Grange's post:
SteveMcMahon, Sp5, Feisbook Control
DJ-Matt Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

She's hateful and abusive to many people, we need to all hit the report button and get this cunt banned.

Annnnnnnd her twitter account is "protected" now. Bitches can never take the heat.

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
There is no salvation outside the Church
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 11:37 AM by DJ-Matt.)
12-10-2014 10:44 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes DJ-Matt's post:
KofiKingston
SteveMcMahon Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

(12-10-2014 10:35 AM)Grange Wrote:  This is an important lesson for Jason Pontin, and I hope other people are watching. You earn zero credit, ever, for helping them. They cannot be pleased. Their message isn't actionable criticism, it's toxic drama through and through. They are trolls. Do not feed them.

Well said, but... I'm pretty sure Pontin's one of them.

He's a posh-boy SJW:

Quote:Pontin was born on May 11, 1967 in London, and raised in Northern California. He was educated in England, at Harrow School and Oxford University.

And he's not actually a tech guy. He's just a journalist who writes about tech guys.

He's not some callow youth. The guy's pushing 50, and knew full well what a nasty piece of work Shandley is. He described her "lively and often profane Twitter persona".

The guy fully approved of this bitch's Twitter twattery. He just didn't expect her to turn on him. SJW's are always surprised when their allies turn against them.
12-10-2014 10:55 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like SteveMcMahon's post:
Sp5, Handsome Creepy Eel, Benoit, Feisbook Control, bojangles, Days of Broken Arrows, KofiKingston
Deuce Anna Half Offline
Woodpecker
Silver Member

(12-10-2014 10:44 AM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  She's hateful and abusive to many people, we need to all hit the report button and get this cunt banned.

Nah, I'd say let her cook. Banning her just makes her look like a martyr, like "the patriarchy" couldn't handle what she had to say so it "silenced" her.

The more crazy shit she says, the more people she alienates from her side. Look at how she treated the MIT faggot who gave her that softball interview to make her look good.
12-10-2014 11:18 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Deuce Anna Half's post:
spokepoker, SteveMcMahon, Sp5, Feisbook Control, bojangles, KofiKingston
perverted sage Offline
Banned

(12-09-2014 07:31 PM)Grange Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 06:58 PM)perverted sage Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 06:26 PM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 06:25 PM)RawGod Wrote:  I'm willing to wait until women form their own alternative Silicon Valley, exclude all men, and create tech that changes the world.

Scientists Invent Dildo That Can Remove Spiders

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/scien...0907081886

They've actually spend money on thisHuh

[Image: gcbs.jpg]

That's a humor site, man, it's not real.

The joke's on me then...haha
12-10-2014 11:20 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes perverted sage's post:
Sp5
spokepoker Offline
Hummingbird

When I first read her 'interview', I figured this had to be a 4chan job to discredit feminism.
She is so over the top and infatuated with the SJW/feminist gender political beliefs, that there was no way she was real. Like if they took all the bullshit that was taught in school in the 90's to special snowflakes, and made it insanely real.

I say, give her more coverage. Put her on CNN, MSNBC, give her interviews on tv, have her chat with morning show hosts, and bump the shit out of her twitter. She is the perfect troll that isn't a troll.
In order to get rid of this SJW mess, is to find the ones that insanely accentuate all the bullshit it puts forth. Then put them out there so that everyone gets 'their message' loud and clear, and is disgusted by it.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""
12-10-2014 12:06 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like spokepoker's post:
Sp5, AnonymousBosch, Days of Broken Arrows
Grange Offline
Kingfisher

(12-10-2014 07:50 AM)placer Wrote:  I have looked at and read some of the articles at Model View Culture. Shanley claims it's profitable, but I have my doubts.

It's a low-budget act. As just one example: Instead of licensing professional fonts from a font foundry, it uses free Google webfonts. The site doesn't even bother hosting them; they just point to Google's copy of the fonts. That's something a third-rate Wordpress blog would do, not a professional web magazine.

The site has no ads and its business model is selling $50 annual subscriptions. Anyone can claim they have zillions of subscribers, but its Alexa ranking is well above 100,000, which is hardly a popular site. RooshVForum.com, as a point of comparison, is in the top 20,000.

I could believe 1000 subscribers worldwide, many among tech or feminist journalists, grossing $50,000. Ballparking the hosting/maintenance/misc expenses she could be netting $40,000. This is a profit in the accounting sense.

In the economic sense, she's probably losing money because she could almost certainly be netting more than $40,000 doing something else in the tech industry.

But if she had that much economic understanding she wouldn't be criticizing VC's as much as she does.

12-10-2014 02:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grange's post:
Sp5
Sp5 Offline
Banned

(12-10-2014 02:02 PM)Grange Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 07:50 AM)placer Wrote:  I have looked at and read some of the articles at Model View Culture. Shanley claims it's profitable, but I have my doubts.

It's a low-budget act. As just one example: Instead of licensing professional fonts from a font foundry, it uses free Google webfonts. The site doesn't even bother hosting them; they just point to Google's copy of the fonts. That's something a third-rate Wordpress blog would do, not a professional web magazine.

The site has no ads and its business model is selling $50 annual subscriptions. Anyone can claim they have zillions of subscribers, but its Alexa ranking is well above 100,000, which is hardly a popular site. RooshVForum.com, as a point of comparison, is in the top 20,000.

I could believe 1000 subscribers worldwide, many among tech or feminist journalists, grossing $50,000. Ballparking the hosting/maintenance/misc expenses she could be netting $40,000. This is a profit in the accounting sense.

In the economic sense, she's probably losing money because she could almost certainly be netting more than $40,000 doing something else in the tech industry.

But if she had that much economic understanding she wouldn't be criticizing VC's as much as she does.

Did you catch the part in Milo's profile of her that she's reportedly living with a white male venture capitalist from inherited money?

Watching her melt down and lock her Twitter was like the first time I saw this when I was six years old:

12-10-2014 02:34 PM
Grange Offline
Kingfisher

(12-10-2014 02:34 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 02:02 PM)Grange Wrote:  

Did you catch the part in Milo's profile of her that she's reportedly living with a white male venture capitalist from inherited money?

Watching her melt down and lock her Twitter was like the first time I saw this when I was six years old:

None of the other stuff I read about her mentioned it but Milo could easily have gotten that from interviewees. Too perfect, really. I wonder what he thinks of her work.

12-10-2014 02:50 PM