Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The Syria conflict thread
It_is_my_time Offline
Hummingbird

RE: The Syria conflict thread
(02-21-2020 11:58 PM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  
(02-21-2020 08:41 PM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  ...
We just keep poking the bear while we can't even defend our own borders and our citizens are not safe.

This will help you with the "we" part, IIMT. Whenever you see a US flag attached to a military vehicle then imagine an Israeli one in its place. Then you will not be upset that "your" military is being misused because you will accept that it's not "your" military.

The best you can do is to make sure that none of your sons (of God forbid, daughters) end up with foreign blood on their hands or being fed into the Israeli meat grinder.

I appreciate it. I just know young people active in the military right now and then some older guys who got out but could be called back if Iran or Russia pulls our card. And I don't want to see any of them hurt over this silly nonsense while the Mexican Drug cartel moves across our border and sets up shop across the USA.
02-22-2020 05:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like It_is_my_time's post:
Leonard D Neubache, MusicForThePiano
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

It definitely seems like a good time to drag one's heels until they can get out of the armed forces or at best get a remf position that doesn't require them to train murderous islamic terrorists and/or kill innocent people protecting their homelands.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2020 07:42 AM by Leonard D Neubache.)
02-22-2020 07:41 AM
It_is_my_time Offline
Hummingbird

Looks like Russia is going after Turkish troops/proxy troops in Syria

02-27-2020 04:00 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like It_is_my_time's post:
911, Handsome Creepy Eel, bacani
911 Offline
Crow

Erdogan recent speech in which he claims Turkish Ottoman lebensraum extends to not only Syria, but also Albania, Libya and CRIMEA!!!

The guy is nuts.

λ ό γ ο ς
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020 05:28 PM by 911.)
02-27-2020 05:27 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like 911's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, It_is_my_time, Leonard D Neubache, Simeon_Strangelight, rotekz, Sankt Michael, bacani, Garuda, MusicForThePiano
Dr. Howard Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

between this, the coronavirus thread, and the book of revelation I'm having a hard time keeping up

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
02-27-2020 06:08 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Dr. Howard's post:
It_is_my_time, 911, Leonard D Neubache, pitbullowner, Sankt Michael, bacani
It_is_my_time Offline
Hummingbird

Reports that there were 33 Turkish soldiers killed on twitter. No idea if this is accurate or not. In response the Turkish govt. is going to let the millions of Syrian refugees they have in their country go on into Europe to punish Europe for not helping them more.

All hell is about to break loose. Especially when you add in the Greeks yesterday who attacked and beat up 5 police officers for protecting a ship full of African migrants.
02-27-2020 08:25 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like It_is_my_time's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Leonard D Neubache
Dr. Howard Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(02-27-2020 08:25 PM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  Reports that there were 33 Turkish soldiers killed on twitter. No idea if this is accurate or not. In response the Turkish govt. is going to let the millions of Syrian refugees they have in their country go on into Europe to punish Europe for not helping them more.

All hell is about to break loose. Especially when you add in the Greeks yesterday who attacked and beat up 5 police officers for protecting a ship full of African migrants.

He's opened the gates of Mordor and let the orcs out

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
02-27-2020 09:07 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Dr. Howard's post:
Yatagan, Leonard D Neubache, It_is_my_time, bacani
La Águila Negra Online
Sparrow

Situation is evolving rapidly now.

Erdogan basically can't pull out anymore after taking 40-50 KIA (official number is 33KIA now but that will rise) in a day. Apparantly the Russians flattened a two storey building that was used a command center

The latest:
- Syrian AD engages hostile aircraft over Aleppo (Turks or Israeli)
- Erdogan has summoned a meeting with NATO
- Erdogan is playing his favourite card to gain support from the EU: unleash the migrants.
- Turkish artillery (and aircraft?) continues to strike Syrian Army positions in Idlib
- Social media (twitter Facebook, Instagram etc) are currently unavailable in Turkey

This was bound to happen. Rebels (or Turkish soldiers embedded?) have been firing manpads at Russian aircraft for days now. Usually taking cover near the Turkish outposts. Turkish artillery has been firing dangerously close to Russian servicemen.

Mad dog Erdogan thought he could get away with it. Or maybe it's the response he was actually hoping for

Play with fire and you WILL get burnt
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 12:11 AM by La Águila Negra.)
02-28-2020 12:07 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like La Águila Negra's post:
Leonard D Neubache, 911, rotekz, It_is_my_time, Sankt Michael, bacani, MusicForThePiano
Owl
Gold Member

I suppose the jury will be out soon on whether the American public will support a NATO response for a bunch of Turks getting killed while fucking around in a nation they're not supposed to be in.

I very much doubt that the NATO accord requires a response to a member state's forces being attacked while undertaking military operations in a hostile foreign nation or else Erdogan could simply begin a war of conquest and demand the US do all the fighting.

Somehow I don't think the American people nor the ground troops are interested in going to save a bunch of muslims they've been conditioned to hate ever since 9/11.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 01:58 AM by Leonard D Neubache.)
02-28-2020 01:58 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
911, pitbullowner, It_is_my_time, bacani,
La Águila Negra Online
Sparrow

Quote: I suppose the jury will be out soon on whether the American public will support a NATO response for a bunch of Turks getting killed while fucking around in a nation they're not supposed to be in.

I very much doubt that the NATO accord requires a response to a member state's forces being attacked while undertaking military operations in a hostile foreign nation or else Erdogan could simply begin a war of conquest and demand the US do all the fighting.

Somehow I don't think the American people nor the ground troops are interested in going to save a bunch of muslims they've been conditioned to hate ever since 9/11.

I don't see it happening. The elections are too close. For sure rhetoric will be ramped up in the coming days by neocons though

Expect many 'Assad bombs his own people and here's why we have to stand with out NATO ally' articles
02-28-2020 02:27 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like La Águila Negra's post:
Yatagan, 911, Leonard D Neubache, pitbullowner, It_is_my_time, Sankt Michael, bacani
Polniy_Sostav Offline
Pelican

Due to my work I am working very closely with Erdogan's circles of trust and businessmen , according to them it is very likely that Turkey declares war to Syria this afternoon.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 03:32 AM by Polniy_Sostav.)
02-28-2020 03:32 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Polniy_Sostav's post:
Dr. Howard
Owl
Gold Member

Ah, you are from Turkey? You must long to see your homeland again. Here, let me buy you a round trip plane ticket.

*koof koof*

What? No, that's nothing. Just my allergies playing up. Here, let me kiss you on each cheek as is the parting tradition of my people. Masalama, friend. Enjoy your time away.

02-28-2020 04:23 AM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

(02-27-2020 05:27 PM)911 Wrote:  Erdogan recent speech in which he claims Turkish Ottoman lebensraum extends to not only Syria, but also Albania, Libya and CRIMEA!!!

The guy is nuts.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTMD1GMlqXck8ovwOlot...iugxy7_xrr]

The Turks would declare Germany and Austria part of their territory. But they are the poor oppressed underclass who just failed at European conquest (a conquest that was made possible by not sticking to most edicts of Islam (since that makes you literally retarded and backwards) and by taking lots of smart able combat slaves from Europe).

Now they think that they are the shit only because they fit the geopolitical strategy point of some globalists and the US.

The fake coup that guy staged cemented his power for life - Turkey is already in a de-facto dictatorship.
02-28-2020 05:22 AM
Blake2 Away
Robin

"Opinion: NATO must stand with Turkey against Russia to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe in Syria"
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/...anitarian/

‘Turkish troops attacked despite coordination with Russia’
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/-tu...a-/1748312

"Airstrike Hits Turkish Forces in Syria, Raising Fears of Escalation"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/world...rikes.html

"David Adesnik: In Syria, Trump should act to save thousands of lives"
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/david-ad...s-of-lives

«Не должны были находиться в этом районе»: Минобороны РФ раскрыло обстоятельства гибели турецких военных в Идлибе
"They shouldn't have been in that area. Defense ministry of Russia explains the circumstances of the death of Turkish soldiers in Idlib"
https://russian.rt.com/world/article/722...ya-voennye

Take a look at Anadolu agency (Turkey's official news agency). They are being cautious and not calling for war against Russia troops. They are blaming Assad and Syria. Looks like they want territory/influence in Syria while maintaining friendly ties with Russia (ex weapons purchases). Tough balancing act.

RT (in Russian) is taking a similar stance, avoiding a full on media attack against Turkey. Russia also wants good relations with Turkey.

The US would be the clear winner in a Turkish/Russian conflict

"And I hope President Erdogan sees that we are their ally in the past and in the future, and they must abandon the S-400," RIA Novosti quoted US Ambassador to NATO Kay Bailey Hutchison as saying.

Its always fun to try to analyze such situations from an objective perspective.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 05:55 AM by Blake2.)
02-28-2020 05:54 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Blake2's post:
pitbullowner, It_is_my_time, 911
Blake2 Away
Robin

Excellent analysis article:
https://www.ft.com/content/7a409232-475c...5839e06441
"Russia and Turkey have fallen out in Syria"

**Written BEFORE this latest crisis.( Feb. 4) Even back then it was getting strained.

Turkey has interests in Syria.
Russia has interests in Syria.
They can't both get what they want.

"Russia and Turkey are also on opposite sides of Libya’s civil war and Mr Erdogan has pretty much burnt Turkey’s bridges with the US and EU. Ankara may have bitten off more than it can chew."

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 06:49 AM by Blake2.)
02-28-2020 06:47 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blake2's post:
It_is_my_time
Polniy_Sostav Offline
Pelican

(02-28-2020 04:23 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  Ah, you are from Turkey? You must long to see your homeland again. Here, let me buy you a round trip plane ticket.

*koof koof*

What? No, that's nothing. Just my allergies playing up. Here, let me kiss you on each cheek as is the parting tradition of my people. Masalama, friend. Enjoy your time away.

i am French , it s not an issue for me.
Actually - the numbers of soldiers dead is around 110, this is the info i have from some commanders on the ground.
But Erdogan said it s 33 or so to minimize things.
That what explains his "anger" , he understand he has been played out by Putin (this is my own interpretation)
In general the level of propaganda in Turkey is very high at the moment , a lot of Turks are happy and think that it is a good thing to send them to Europe .
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 09:49 AM by Polniy_Sostav.)
02-28-2020 09:42 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Polniy_Sostav's post:
It_is_my_time, Leonard D Neubache, bacani
Nineteen84 Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Not again...
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 10:00 AM by Nineteen84.)
02-28-2020 09:58 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Nineteen84's post:
It_is_my_time, Handsome Creepy Eel
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Turkey is only doing this because the EU and its members are pathetic. If anyone stepping foot into EU suddenly found themselves either A) shot, B) placed into a concentration camp with extremely basic conditions and zero hope of ever getting any benefits, and C) swift deportation regardless of what the origin country says, the migrant problem would be solved in less than a month.

Furthermore, even if Turkey hadn't done this, EU would have still been deluged with gimmegrants from Bangladesh, Benin, Zimbabwe and God knows what other places, simply because the parasites of the entire world are attracted to such a weak and gluttonous place.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
02-28-2020 09:45 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
Yatagan, Leonard D Neubache, Polniy_Sostav, It_is_my_time, bacani, MusicForThePiano, Neo2, Hansel
La Águila Negra Online
Sparrow

The latest:

- The ultimatum set by Erdogan for the SAA to retreat to the front lines as stipulated in the Sochi Agreement has expired
- Turkey continues to attack SAA military positions and convoys with artillery fire and from the air.
- Turkey attacks Hezbollah/ SAA / Iranian proxy militia gathering in Aleppo and kills several high ranking Syrian officers /Hezb members
- Russian and Syrian aircraft have been inactive for 12+ hours now. Only Turkish drones are active over Idlib
- A Russian presidential spokesperson told the public that they 'would not let Turkey decide Syria' s fate.' The Iranian embassy in Syria tweeted that' any Turkish aggression on Syrian or Iranian forces would be met with full force. '
- [Allegedly] Russian and Iranians have had a meeting how to avoid US/ Israeli intervention
- [Allegedly] Turkey and Russia have held meetings about coming to a new understanding
- [Allegedly] The Iranians have offered Turkey a bilateral meeting (excluding Russia, whom they regard as untrustworthy? ) to defuse the situation

My take: the Russians bombed that command center and are letting the Turks blow off steam on the SAA/ Hezb/ Iranian proxy militias as a trade off. Turkey knows it were the Russians but it's the one actor they do not want to engage openly. So they go after the pretty much defenseless SAA. They are offering Erdogan a means to save face without suffering too much themselves

In the coming days the Russians, Iranians and other SAA allies will return to the negotiation table to try to sort this out.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2020 10:51 PM by La Águila Negra.)
02-29-2020 10:50 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like La Águila Negra's post:
911, Leonard D Neubache, bacani, It_is_my_time,
It_is_my_time Offline
Hummingbird

Good news...

03-02-2020 01:13 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like It_is_my_time's post:
Yatagan, 911, bacani, Leonard D Neubache, Handsome Creepy Eel
Owl
Gold Member

Good if true.

As we've seen, they will literally say they're pulling troops out while dumping more in.

03-03-2020 02:35 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
It_is_my_time, 911, Handsome Creepy Eel, bacani
rotekz Offline
Ostrich

Syrian rebels have been busted trying to stage a fake Chemical attack as the Syrian army make gains in Northern territories. They got burnt by their own chemicals as they tried to set them up around explosives.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20200...-in-idlib/

Quote:Earlier in the day, the Russian Centre for Syria reconciliation stated that the White Helmets had finished filming a staged provocation implicating the Syrian army in the use of chemical agents.

The Russian Reconciliation Centre for Syria stated on Wednesday that a group of up to 15 terrorists had attempted to carry out a chemical attack in Syria's Idlib province.

Quote:"On 2 March, a group of up to 15 terrorists attempted to detonate explosive ammunition together with containers full of a poisonous chemical agent. The terrorists aimed to impede the advance of Syrian government forces in the western part of Saraqib city and then accuse the Syrian government of using chemical weapons", the statement reads.

The terrorists accidentally unsealed one of the containers, which resulted in a leak. Terrorists received "significant chemical poisoning" and failed to carry out the attack, the centre said.

The Russian military said they would soon publish the evidence on the failed chemical attack.

Earlier in the day, the Reconciliation Centre stated that the White Helmets had finished filming a staged provocation after delivering 400 litres of a chemical agent to the site.

The reports come days after units of the Russian military police were deployed to the Idlib's city of Saraqib to ensure security amid escalated tensions in the region.
03-04-2020 10:04 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like rotekz's post:
Nineteen84 Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2020 11:23 AM by Nineteen84.)
03-04-2020 11:19 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Nineteen84's post:
Rocha Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(02-28-2020 09:42 AM)Polniy_Sostav Wrote:  
(02-28-2020 04:23 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  Ah, you are from Turkey? You must long to see your homeland again. Here, let me buy you a round trip plane ticket.

*koof koof*

i am French , it s not an issue for me.
Actually - the numbers of soldiers dead is around 110, this is the info i have from some commanders on the ground.
But Erdogan said it s 33 or so to minimize things.
That what explains his "anger" , he understand he has been played out by Putin (this is my own interpretation)
In general the level of propaganda in Turkey is very high at the moment , a lot of Turks are happy and think that it is a good thing to send them to Europe .

France...the original turkish kebab lovers since 1536 the year of the Franco-Ottoman alliance during Francis 1st reign. Pedro de Valdivia should have kept his mouth shut and let the Spanish soldiers cut his head at Pavia a few years early.

"Поехали!!" (Yuri Gagarin, 1961)

Twitter - Роча
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2020 05:10 PM by Rocha.)
03-04-2020 05:09 PM
rotekz Offline
Ostrich

Putin-Erdogan talks are currently underway.

Soros has a finger in every pie. What deals did Erdoğan make two or three decades ago?
[Image: b2wUgDK.jpg]

03-05-2020 11:47 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like rotekz's post:
It_is_my_time, Leonard D Neubache, Handsome Creepy Eel, 911, bacani