Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Politics & War Lounge
nomadbrah Offline
Crow

RE: Politics & War Lounge
The new Twitter chatbot (remember Tay?) is eerily reminiscent of the FIFA World Cup 2018 thread, but /pol/ is hard at work trying to corrupt it.

[Image: 4497282de316a9a80a16220e54018c07169c2ecb...83a6af.png]
07-26-2018 04:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Labienus Offline
Woodpecker

Tongue RE: Politics & War Lounge
Most epic political ad I've seen:

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018 06:11 PM by Labienus.)
07-26-2018 06:10 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like Labienus's post:
CaptainChardonnay, Leonard D Neubache, C-Note, Polniy_Sostav, Veloce, Syberpunk, Richard Turpin, ChefAllDay, gework, Renzy, Enoch
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

The Muslim terror death camp that trained children to become school shooters sure gets little coverage - and certainly suppresses all info about the fact that it was a Jihadi camp and there were people involved who actually met Obama.

Now they are releasing some of them due to charges of Islamophobia:

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/08/new-m...lamophobia
\
Quote:New Mexico compound jihadis released on bond after charges of racism and “Islamophobia”
AUG 13, 2018 9:48 PM BY ROBERT SPENCER 20 COMMENTS
“Their lawyer argued that there was a double standard in the case because his clients were Muslims. He argued that if they had been Christian and white, ‘we might not be here today.'”

Seriously? If they had been Christian and white, stockpiling weapons and plotting school shootings, with the ringleader being the son of one of the most respected Christian preachers in the country, there wouldn’t have been news coverage of anything else for weeks. There would have been feature stories in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal. CNN and MSNBC would be running special reports on toxic Christianity and the crisis in the churches.

This incident, on the other hand, received very little coverage, and hardly any that touched on the Islamic aspects of the story. But Muslim claims of victimhood are so polished and reflexive by now, and the Leftist acceptance of them so matter-of-fact and instinctive, that Judge Sarah Backus fell right into line. We can only hope that no one dies because of her folly.

Robert Spencer is right of course - this was not even Waco or some gun-toting sect that wanted to be left alone. They actually planned to kill children in multiple locations for Islam.

And I even doubt that it was much of a setup this time handled by secret service operatives. They currently are suppressing that as much as possible since the flow of 100.000+ of Muslim refugees to the US must not be stopped or questioned.

Among the terrorists you have to differentiate between the believers, the mercenaries and the operatives. With ISIS and other organizations you get all 3. Here you probably only got the true believers. Some are false flag attacks for sure, but this seems to have been organized by a believer. Obama met plenty of Muslim Brotherhood true believers who would love a caliphate to be declared in the US.

Also funny how the media even avoids the mention of a Jihadi terror camp, but focuses mainly on some child abuse charges.

What would any Muslim country do with a Christian terror camp that planned to train children to shoot up Muslim schools? I bet they would release them on bail and suppress/change the news, then hope that everyone forgets about it.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2018 05:08 AM by Simeon_Strangelight.)
08-14-2018 05:07 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Transsimian, Richard Turpin, JackinMelbourne, kruger41
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Martha McSally won the primary for Arizona. Cernovich was stumping for Kelli Ward. There was something weird going on with the voting there too with several areas closed to voting.
08-29-2018 08:16 AM
C-Note Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(08-29-2018 08:16 AM)kbell Wrote:  Martha McSally won the primary for Arizona. Cernovich was stumping for Kelli Ward. There was something weird going on with the voting there too with several areas closed to voting.

Ward and Arpaio split the staunch conservative vote. It would be nice if the governor would appoint Ward to fill McCain's seat, but he probably won't.
08-29-2018 09:57 AM
Canopus Offline
Kingfisher

Yeah, John McCain definitely didn't die a bitter old man or anything.
08-29-2018 03:36 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Canopus's post:
Enoch, C-Note, Handsome Creepy Eel, kruger41
Kurgan Offline
Kingfisher

I'd thought I'd chime in on the stuff that went on Aretha Franklin's funeral: It's not really surprising what happened there because it's happened before.

Back in 2002 when Senator Wellstone died, the Democrats used his funeral to trash Bush and Republicans so badly Jesse Ventura left in disgust.

In 2006, Coretta Scott King passed away. Jimmy Carter and Rev. Joseph Lowery used it to trash Bush. You don't like the guy? Fine, but don't do it at a funeral FFS.

The third time, it involves most of the black community's civil rights leaders and activists. This mostly happens around Republican Presidents, they would never do it if a Democrat was President but just say some side remarks about the GOP.

Those leaders are stuck in the 1960's and the Republican Party and the black community have been isolated from each other for decades because of what happened in that decade (Obama made things worse too). They want to keep the community resentful of the party for a long time. Republicans will respond by not doing anything and double down on the Religious Right.

Nothing to see here really.
09-06-2018 05:47 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Kurgan's post:
C-Note, Handsome Creepy Eel
budoslavic Offline
Crow
Gold Member

An interesting news out of Russia about some Radical Feminist being charged with inciting hatred toward men.
Quote:Russian Feminist Blogger Charged With Inciting Hate Toward Men

A Russian feminist blogger has been charged with inciting hatred toward men on social media, less than two weeks after she told rights organizations she was being investigated for extremism.

A self-described radical feminist, Lyubov Kalugina warned the SOVA Center anti-extremist group in late August that she was subject of a pre-investigation check into her social media posts after an anonymous man had complained that her posts insulted him as a male.

Her case is part of a growing trend of tough anti-extremism laws applied to social media posts. Until recently, prosecutions were rarely applied to gender-related posts, the MBKh news website cited rights groups as saying.

“Criminal charges have been brought against Kalugina under Article 282 of the Russian Criminal Code,” the Omsk branch of the Investigative Committee told the local news website Gorod55.ru on Wednesday.

Kalugina faces up to 5 years behind bars under Article 282, which bans the “incitement of national, racial or religious enmity.”

Russian activists, social networks companies and even legislators have criticized anti-extremism charges which they say sweep up ordinary users who posted insensitive texts or images on their social media pages.

Gentlemen, meet the Russian broad in Russia who looks exactly like what you would expect in a Western Feminist.
[Image: 1374ed6554574f5e987372b87f848635.jpg]

[Image: F0990245-6A5A-4519-A8B2-BB655B045FD5_w1023_r1_s.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2018 04:14 AM by budoslavic.)
09-07-2018 04:11 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like budoslavic's post:
CaptainChardonnay, Leonard D Neubache
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

09-10-2018 04:52 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Dulceácido, godfather dust, Dream Medicine
BlackHussar Offline
Sparrow

Haven't found a good thread for my question so I'll ask here. Politics & War, close enough.

In WW2, before the Germans invaded Benelux and France, the frontline had been very peaceful. The Germans called it "Sitzkrieg" - "sitting war", while I have found, in various literature, that the Americans called it either "phoney war" or "phony war".

In history books in my language, I've seen the translation "telephone war", but it might be that the translators didn't know what "phoney" means and wrongly assumed it's derived from the word "telephone".

My question is:

Which is correct? Was it the "phoney war", fake war;

Or was it "phony war", as in: telephone -> phone -> phony, "to wage war only via telephone" (ironic, similar to "Sitzkrieg")?
09-27-2018 02:50 AM
Parzival Offline
Ostrich

Quote:The term Phoney War customarily appears using the British spelling even in North America, rather than the American phony, although some American sources do not follow the pattern.[2] The first known recorded use of the term in print was in September, 1939, in a US newspaper which used the British spelling,[3] although other contemporary American reports sometimes used "phony" since both spellings were in use at the time in the US. The term appeared in Great Britain by January 1940[4] as "phoney", the only acceptable spelling there.

The Phoney War was also referred to as the "Twilight War" (by Winston Churchill) and as the Sitzkrieg[5] ("the sitting war": a word play on blitzkrieg created by the British press).[6][7][8] In French, it is referred to as the drôle de guerre ("funny" or "strange" war).[Note 1] In Polish, it is referred to as the Dziwna Wojna ("strange war").

The term "Phoney War" was probably coined by US Senator William Borah, who, commenting in September 1939 on the inactivity on the Western Front, said, "There is something phoney about this war."[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoney_War

So your question is about the word / expression or why none side did a move after the Brits and France declare war on Germany?
It wasn't a fake war, just a declaration of war with no side take action so far.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple
09-27-2018 04:23 AM
BlackHussar Offline
Sparrow

Thank you for the clarification, Parzival!

So, it's a matter of spelling, like whiskey and whisky both being correct.

Yeah, my question was about the expression - so it was phoney/phony as in "fake", not as a (irregular/possibly non-existing) word "phony" derived from "telephone".

Nota bene:
Actually, the Allies commenced some very limited offensive action (Saar offensive!), but didn't push it through), as they thought it's gonna blow over and not grow up to be WW2...
09-27-2018 06:43 AM
Parzival Offline
Ostrich

Yes there had be some offensive actions. Hitler gave the order to not cross the German border. The whole war was planned very bad and Hitler even send peace offers after the Poland incident. Also a questions, why France and the UK declare war on Germany but not on the Soviets? I know they had a contract with Poland but they had no interest to settle this thing.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple
09-27-2018 11:22 AM
BlackHussar Offline
Sparrow

Yep, perhaps Hitler thought they'll let it slide (like they did with Czechoslovakia, the coward Chamberlain waving his copy of the Munich Agreement and proclaiming "peace for our time") and sign a peace treaty afterwards.
Germans pleaded for peace with UK even later!

French and British hipocrisy and blatant ignorance of the protection treaty with Poland regarding the Soviet invasion also interests me.

They did declare war on the Germans in order not to lose face in front of their citizens and pretend to do something... especially after Czechoslovakia. Furthermore, their politicians probably finally grew a spine (and a brain) and realised that a line must have been drawn, otherwise Hitler would have swallowed half of Europe like he did with Austria and Czechoslovakia.

Germans and Soviets were co-belligerents and had a non-aggression pact - not strictly allies, but de facto so. Perhaps the Anglo-French didn't want to put them even more close together by declaring war on the Soviets - a full Soviet-German military alliance in 1939 would probably mean a catastrophe for, well, the entire world.

I can't still comprehend the fact how can 2 major powers simply IGNORE a treaty they have with a third country like that. Oh, the Soviets invaded Poland, too? Quite so, old chap, that doesn't interest us anymore, Poland has almost fallen anyway...

Would be great to hear some Britishmen and Frenchmen about this: what do your history books say about this?
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018 12:02 PM by BlackHussar.)
09-27-2018 12:01 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackHussar's post:
Richard Turpin, JackinMelbourne
Once Was Not Offline
Kingfisher

At a local Oktoberfest event they played the whole German anthem (gasp) and hung the East German flag upside down (why was it there to begin with).

Apparently this is some kind of travesty. Weird, that all sounds proper and fine to me.

Play the full anthem and fuck the commies and fuck having a divided Germany. Play Preußens Gloria as well. So catchy.
10-09-2018 09:24 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Once Was Not's post:
Leonard D Neubache
Kurgan Offline
Kingfisher

I was curious about the forum's thoughts on former President Richard Nixon. He had some red-pilled beliefs but I also thought he was paranoid. I'm confused as to why the Left hated him. He endorsed Keynesian economics.
10-21-2018 08:50 PM
Richard Turpin Offline
Kingfisher

(09-27-2018 12:01 PM)BlackHussar Wrote:  I can't still comprehend the fact how can 2 major powers simply IGNORE a treaty they have with a third country like that. Oh, the Soviets invaded Poland, too? Quite so, old chap, that doesn't interest us anymore, Poland has almost fallen anyway...

Would be great to hear some Britishmen and Frenchmen about this: what do your history books say about this?

My son is up to WW2 now in his GCSE History. When I told him that the Soviets also invaded Poland 2 weeks after Germany, it blew his mind. I just don't think its been covered at all from what he's telling me. It completely dismantles the current narrative that the war was fought to free Poland! I've brought him up to question every facet of what's taught in the whole damn school, to look for primary sources where possible and look for bias in all things. Then make his own mind up. I've told him the teachers are full of shit.

Adults are worse. I take every opportunity to tell them stuff as well, just to see their 'thinking' faces for a few minutes before they go back to talking about Sportsball. Most of them don't know that we declared war on Germany first either. Or that millions of germans died after the war. Or that Germany built no Heavy Bombers for carpet-bombing babies, yet we and the US had loads from day 1.

I just make sure they bring the subject up first. One lad I work with was virtue-signalling to the office about going to Auschwitz. Nobody gave a fuck, but I took the opportunity to tell him how amazed I was to discover that 80% of it was a reconstruction. He predictably called me a holocaust denier! Then he ran off to google it and hasn't brought the subject up since.

Everyone in the UK just gets their WW2 programming from Hollywood, the History (Hitler) Channel and retarded leftie women teachers. Actually, not even that; they just don't give a fuck, lads only care about football, lasses care about X-Factor/buying things. Deviating from the Good guys/Bad guys story for WW2 even just a tad is too much for most people I bump into.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018 08:39 AM by Richard Turpin.)
10-22-2018 08:28 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Richard Turpin's post:
BlackHussar, Leonard D Neubache, Once Was Not, Macumazahn, JackinMelbourne, Enoch, nairobian
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Fortunate for us that corporate video game companies are so desperate to write white men out of history that they're destroying their own holocaust indoctrination programs aimed at young Western male minds.

According to EA, WW2 was won by handi-capable women and minorities, thus making the most identifiable characters for today's young white men the Nazis.

[Image: giphy.gif]

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
10-22-2018 11:51 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Richard Turpin, NoMoreTO, Handsome Creepy Eel, Transsimian, BlackHussar
RawGod Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

I was in the education system in the 80s and 90s. Sure, the Holocaust narrative was quite prevalent back then too. But it was just part of the WW2 story - less than 50% of the focus. Now, it seems that the Holocaust is almost the entirety of the story of the 1940s. And Germans back then were seen as German people - many civilians, some in the military, a few of them Nazis. Now all have been completely dehumanized as eeevil Nazis in popular culture.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I have had this sig since 2015 and received thousands of post likes; yet not one person has commented on my sig. Perhaps you're familiar with the work it parodies? Let me know!
10-22-2018 12:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like RawGod's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, amity
Parras Offline
Banned

Anybody see the Tucker Carlson vs. Cenk Uygur debate? Pretty interesting.

10-22-2018 12:51 PM
JackinMelbourne Away
Banned

(09-27-2018 12:01 PM)BlackHussar Wrote:  I can't still comprehend the fact how can 2 major powers simply IGNORE a treaty they have with a third country like that. Oh, the Soviets invaded Poland, too? Quite so, old chap, that doesn't interest us anymore, Poland has almost fallen anyway...

You might need to post this question in the JQ thread I think... but weren't City of London and Moskva's backers on the same "team" if you know what I mean?

WAR, what is it good for? Thinning the herd, stifling competition and devaluing nations for cheap labour and resources.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2018 05:49 PM by JackinMelbourne.)
10-25-2018 05:41 PM
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I BOUGHT USED VOTING MACHINES ON EBAY FOR $100 APIECE. WHAT I FOUND WAS ALARMING: https://www.wired.com/story/i-bought-use...s-on-ebay/

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
10-30-2018 06:28 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like scotian's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, spokepoker
Kurgan Offline
Kingfisher

I was thinking about the BS "Trump colluded with Russia" story and I just thought. Democrats want a Cold War with Russia because they were butthurt Republicans ended it and not them. Just some food for thought.
11-04-2018 09:11 PM
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Owl
Gold Member

While browsing for a suitable !Jeb meme for another occasion, I came upon this:

[Image: c51.png]

Laugh2

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
11-12-2018 07:09 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Number one bummer
Once Was Not Offline
Kingfisher

Looks like it's getting to be that time of year for those hilarious "pls send moneys to Israel goyim we need helps to feedings our peoples" commercials to start airing.

I guess the 46 Billion dollars a year isn't enough help to feed your massive 8.7 million population for the holidays.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018 02:21 PM by Once Was Not.)
11-20-2018 02:20 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Once Was Not's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Leonard D Neubache

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forum "Lounge" - Everything goes! Vicious 30,130 8,319,739 Yesterday 03:51 PM
Last Post: d'Aversa
  British Politics Thread IronShark 831 211,201 Yesterday 11:48 AM
Last Post: RedKurrant
  Positivity / Good News Only Lounge PapayaTapper 1,051 197,621 12-04-2019 09:41 AM
Last Post: Honk999