Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Hair sucks (need advice)
Nick98 Offline
Sparrow

RE: Hair sucks (need advice)
@Ringo
He's in his early 30s.For the haircut, I told him to avoid extreme styles , As I said above it was about adjusting proportions and not going for an unusual cut, But I'll make sure to try some other cuts. Thanks for the advice.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018 10:08 AM by Nick98.)
02-21-2018 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
the-dream Offline
Kingfisher

You have great hair, just not a good cut and style. Make the most of it whilst it lasts.

I and am sure a lot of others on here would love to have your hair even with that cut over our own hair with the most perfect cut and style in the world!
02-21-2018 10:40 AM
godfather dust Away
Ostrich
Gold Member

Your hair looks fine, maybe a little kinky.

Mines worse, I have cowlicks etc. I get a fade and I look good, I think fades are generally a good masculine cut unless you're going for more a upper crust look.
03-06-2018 01:52 AM
Sombro Offline
Ostrich

I would just say to even out the top with the sides.

But I would have to ask where you are -- geographically, culturally, what age -- ?

Example: I'm in Southern US. Your existing haircut looks like something out of the Northeast.
Not judging -- I'm in a college town with people from all over the country, let alone the world.

But chicks are the ones quick to judge appearance, so I think we all need to know your context before input.
03-06-2018 10:17 PM
whiteknightrises Offline
Kingfisher

An actual Step-by-Step way to Pick the Right Haircut:

1. Determine your Face Shape

To determine your face shape, get a tape measure and take the following measurements:
    • Forehead: across your face from the top of one eyebrow to the top of the other
    • Cheekbones: across your face from the pointiest part of one cheekbone (~below the - outer corner of the eye) to the same part for the other cheekbone
    • Jawline: from the tip of your chin to beneath the ear where your jaw starts to angle upward (multiply this measurement by 2)
    • Face: from the midpoint of your hairline to the tip of your chin

Types of Face Shapes
    • Oval: face length greater than cheekbones, forehead greater than jawline
    • Square: measurements all pretty similar
    • Rectangle: face length the greatest while others similar
    • Round: cheekbones and face length similar but larger than forehead and jawline, which are similar
    • Diamond: face length the greatest followed by cheekbones, forehead, and jawline
    • Heart: forehead greater than cheekbones and jawline
    • Triangular: jawline followed by cheekbones and forehead
  2. Pick a hairstyle

After determining your face shape, do searches on Google and Pinterest like “best hairstyles for _ face shape”, “best hairstyle for triangle face male”, etc.

Try to go for something "edgy" (gives off somewhat of a badboy vibe so girls will think about fucking you vs. friendzoning you – making you their “friend”).

Though you can go for more of a “prettyboy” hairstyle if other aspects of you, such as style, tattoos, how you act/talk, etc., imply you aren’t a “nice guy”.

Do things right and maybe you'll end up like this:

[Image: bad-hairstyle-vs-good-hairstyle-justin-t...345227.jpg]

[Image: bad-hairstyle-vs-good-hairstyle-bradley-...326126.jpg]

Also, don't skimp on stuff like the barber/stylist you go to. Ask around or go on Yelp for recommendations

For styling, Youtube is a good resource (e.g. “how to style pompadour”)

If you want more advice like this:

Practical Grooming Tips for Men (Basic Grooming, Hairstyle, Etc.)

New Post:
Daygame in Korea

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)
04-28-2019 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How To Keep Your Hair On The Cheap: Hair Loss Prevention Data Sheet Basil Ransom 178 98,884 10-16-2019 04:03 PM
Last Post: joecolombia
  I had a hair transplant done Kaizen 231 137,061 04-02-2019 01:22 PM
Last Post: Cr33pin
  Any of You Wax Your Nose Hair? Beyond Borders 27 7,118 02-10-2019 04:44 AM
Last Post: Kieran