I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Thread Closed 
Anyone drive for rideshare companies ?
pitbullowner Offline
Recovering Beta

Anyone drive for rideshare companies ?
Recently I just got into driving for lyft.
I've got about 25 rides so far, and every single black person and the one noticeably Jewish person I've transported never has tipped.

It wouldn't be bad if the distance was more than 6 miles loaded with a passenger because the commute itself would make up for the lack of tipping

I thought, man I might be the only person who's never liked picking up these hoodlums, but here's an article that supports my reasoning to why I don't like to pick up black & "minority" people too often., heck with lyft I can see the profile picture of my potentially future passenger, and it's usually a quick denial on my end when they're minority since the last 6 "minorities" have annoyed me recently.
Burn me 5 times, I'm done.. not traveling 6 miles empty to drive you 2 to not get a tip. Screw that.

I searched online and found I wasn't in the minority. Apparently cabbies from NY hate picking them up too. Being from the South, I've never experienced big city life, I generally try to avoid big cities and stick to small towns.
I usually let "minority type" ride requests expire so it doesn't hurt my score.
Higher score means higher chances at rideshare. Lower is worse.
Being rude/ gross car/unpleasant gives bad reviews and denying rides outright instead of letting them expire will negatively affect your scoring system and reduce your chances of getting a rideshare completed.

Note: the article comes to the defense of the dindus and says us drivers are racist,...but if NY cabbies, lyft and uber drivers amongst waitstaff in restaurants hate serving them, then...I don't think it's just us white people.
Here's my comment on dissenter. It's anything but PC and probably considered racist. .

Your actions speak louder than your words, son.
-My father, R.I.P.

My newly crafted Twitter handle
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 11:32 AM by pitbullowner.)
08-04-2019 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user
Cattle Rustler Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

RE: Anyone drive for rideshare companies ?
I've never had to tip when Uber first started, why should I now? Drivers are entitled nowadays. Don't like it? Don't drive. The only ones I tip are Uber Black and above.

Just because the forum all Jesus-y, doesn't mean you can come in and troll it with your "minority" talk.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 12:07 PM by Cattle Rustler.)
08-04-2019 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 5 users Like Cattle Rustler's post:
Suits, wi30, Kona, Repo, Handsome Creepy Eel
pitbullowner Offline
Recovering Beta

(08-04-2019 12:07 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  Just because the forum all Jesus-y, doesn't mean you can come in and troll it with your "minority" talk.

So, you're saying noticing patterns and pointing out a lack of discrepancies is trolling ? Huh
I would have thought differently. Whether the fact that I've got a Ford Pinto clown car or my Dodge Hellcat shouldn't be taken into play about this. This is just a noticing of trends or lack thereof.
My luck has been abysmally low in regards to these rideshares recently.

Yes, I'll admit, I am legitimately a white nationalist. But im still very capable of being objective. So, entertain me on these observations alone , for a moment would you ?

-My father, R.I.P.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 12:36 PM by pitbullowner.)
08-04-2019 12:16 PM
John Michael Kane Offline
International Playboy

Driving for ride shares only makes sense if you are headed along the same route for something you were going to do anyways. Anything else and you aren't going to beat depreciation and trading your time for money.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein
08-04-2019 02:10 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like John Michael Kane's post:
pitbullowner, zoom, DJ-Matt
SilentOne Offline
Recovering Beta

Try to find a gig that isn't so reliant on making tips. Tips are for outstanding performance perceived by that specific customer, not a mandatory treatment. This post just reeks of entitlement.
08-04-2019 02:22 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like SilentOne's post:
mikado, pitbullowner, Handsome Creepy Eel
mikado Offline
Alpha Male

Good thing that in France drivers just bring you to your destination and there is no crying over no tipping. Same for the food industry (everyone has minimum wage).

I think OP has it wrong. The tipping culture IS the problem, not the customers.

PS: I tip often (not groundbreaking amounts, but for example 2 euros for a 10 euros drink is good I think), and I have pretty much never seen anyone of my generation tip. And I am black. So OP please refrain from the racial notes in your post (and also the humble bragging).

Je suis le roi du monde!!!
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 02:37 PM by mikado.)
08-04-2019 02:34 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like mikado's post:
pitbullowner, Handsome Creepy Eel
kamoz Offline
Chubby Chaser
Gold Member

I never tip for Uber rides and I'm not a minority (not yet at least). Uber Eats I generally do though. However keep in mind that TIP stands for To Increase Profit (from the company perspective). Pushing the idea that you as the customer "must tip" (as opposed to pay a little extra on that rare occasion where you do receive outstanding service) is an age-old cheap practice by corporations to try and put operating costs directly on the customer via shaming so they can fatten their profit margins. If nobody tipped we'd be much better off as this would force those companies to pay their employees a consistent decent wage. Would costs then go up? Maybe a little, but don't listen to those libertarian idiots that say it would be unaffordable - because then those companies would be out of business anyway.
08-04-2019 02:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kamoz's post:
pitbullowner
pitbullowner Offline
Recovering Beta

(08-04-2019 02:22 PM)SilentOne Wrote:  Try to find a gig that isn't so reliant on making tips. Tips are for outstanding performance perceived by that specific customer, not a mandatory treatment. This post just reeks of entitlement.

Yeah that's my plan right now. Currently working a full time job that's not very interactive with people and picked this up to meet locals and travelers.
My social skills leave a little bit to be desired too and I'm still working on them constantly.
I've noticed a trend though and wondered what the RvFrs thought.

Wasn't trying to seem like some scumbag entitled dude, but if it came off that way, I definitely can do better.

-My father, R.I.P.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 02:48 PM by pitbullowner.)
08-04-2019 02:42 PM
Kona Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

(08-04-2019 02:42 PM)pitbullowner Wrote:  My social skills leave a little bit to be desired too and I'm still working on them constantly.

You also lack business skills.

If I took an uber and the driver showed up in a Dodge Hellcat I would not tip either. Not because I'm a minority, but because I would feel obligated to teach my fellow man (even if white) a lesson. You are using a 700-plus horsepower gas-guzzler to drive drunk girls from bar to bar, at short distances and low speeds. Your fuel cost has to be a killer.

As opposed to blaming the minorities for your lack of income, maybe switch to a smaller, more economical, and cheaper car to use? Then it won't matter if the dindus tip or not because you are not burning a gallon of gas to chauffer and serve them.

I also find it very deep and philosophical how you have this massive behemoth of a vehicle and in order to pay for it and pay for your gas you have to drive it around and do as you are told by minorities. You need to take a hard look at yourself before you continue blaming others for your shortcomings.

(08-04-2019 02:42 PM)pitbullowner Wrote:  I definitely can do better.

I agree. Please list the ways you plan to do so, and members of this forum will be happy to comment.

Let's help this guy out.

Aloha!
08-04-2019 03:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kona's post:
Suits
mikado Offline
Alpha Male

(08-04-2019 02:42 PM)pitbullowner Wrote:  
(08-04-2019 02:22 PM)SilentOne Wrote:  Try to find a gig that isn't so reliant on making tips. Tips are for outstanding performance perceived by that specific customer, not a mandatory treatment. This post just reeks of entitlement.

Yeah that's my plan right now. Currently working a full time job that's not very interactive with people and picked this up to meet locals and travelers.
My social skills leave a little bit to be desired too and I'm still working on them constantly.

Wasn't trying to seem like some scumbag entitled dude, but if it came off that way, I definitely can do better.

No need to beat yourself over it lol.

Just accept that some people will tip, and others won't. Now you can settle for the easy way out (no minorities) and except average tips from white customers.*

Or you can step up your game and make it so good that even minorities will tip you (meaning that by default everyone will).

Option number three: you focus on getting your money from other works (since even with minimum wage, I don't think ridesharing or being a waiter will yield an incredible amount of money), and rideshare when you have to make the travel (for example, pick up customers on your ride to work, or to holidays).

Je suis le roi du monde!!!
08-04-2019 03:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes mikado's post:
pitbullowner
Repo Offline
International Playboy

OP proudly links to himself calling black people hoodapes while the best he is doing for himself is being a Lyft driver complaining about tips, and frequently complains on the forum about Jews. Dude get a grip.
08-04-2019 03:12 PM
pitbullowner Offline
Recovering Beta

(08-04-2019 03:04 PM)mikado Wrote:  
(08-04-2019 02:42 PM)pitbullowner Wrote:  

No need to beat yourself over it lol.

Just accept that some people will tip, and others won't. Now you can settle for the easy way out (no minorities) and except average tips from white customers.*

Or you can step up your game and make it so good that even minorities will tip you (meaning that by default everyone will).

Option number three: you focus on getting your money from other works (since even with minimum wage, I don't think ridesharing or being a waiter will yield an incredible amount of money), and rideshare when you have to make the travel (for example, pick up customers on your ride to work, or to holidays).

Those seem like excellent ideas. I plan to go for delivering service that's so excellent that people still feel compelled to tipping me just because their experience was so great no matter the race or background.

(08-04-2019 03:12 PM)Repo Wrote:  OP proudly links to himself calling black people hoodapes while the best he is doing for himself is being a Lyft driver complaining about tips, and frequently complains on the forum about Jews. Dude get a grip.

And yes, I do feel like (((they))) manipulate situations, but that's neither here nor there in regards to what I was discussing.

(08-04-2019 03:04 PM)Kona Wrote:  I agree. Please list the ways you plan to do so, and members of this forum will be happy to comment.

Let's help this guy out.

Aloha!
So my ideas are:
1) Keeping conversation short,sweet and vanilla comedic.
2)Smile be courteous, engage when you get a feeling to engage appropriately. (Millenials my age and younger seem to be glued to their phones and almost afraid of talking..so feel it out first) Striking up conversation seems exponentially easier with GenX and older gens.
3)Driving with the intent to be as graceful as I can turning corners, slowly accelerating, and not flying around like a bat outta H3LL.
4)Keeping my car neat, smelling fresh and clean and washing it consistently. (no i don't have use a hellcat to drive around, but I do drive a luxury vehicle made for a retired grandma or retired grandpa)

5) learning where the hotspots are and getting to the patrons as safely and efficiently as possible.

-My father, R.I.P.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 03:38 PM by pitbullowner.)
08-04-2019 03:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes pitbullowner's post:
jordypip23
mr_ks Online
Game Denialist

Tippimg culture can cause issues when it becomes entitlement. Tipping, from my travels in Asia, should happen when you are provided a custom service, or treatment, other than the ordinary type of business.
08-04-2019 04:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes mr_ks's post:
zoom
rapaz12 Offline
Chubby Chaser

Tipping? Man, take that up with Lyft. I'm not paying more than the displayed price if i don't have to.

Does lyft let drivers rate passengers too?
08-04-2019 04:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes rapaz12's post:
zoom
pitbullowner Offline
Recovering Beta

(08-04-2019 04:13 PM)rapaz12 Wrote:  Does lyft let drivers rate passengers too?

Yeah, I use it too, people that seem extremely anti social outta the gate and refuse to even say hello i 1 star them immediately.

-My father, R.I.P.

08-04-2019 04:34 PM
BlastbeatCasanova Offline
Chubby Chaser

I drove for one in the past, got tipped maybe twice out of a couple thousand rides, no biggie. I tip drivers if they we end up talking (I usually bring up that I used to drive so we already have some common ground to relate to) and if they are actually cool people or offer some stimulating convo, I'll throw em a couple of bucks. $1 or $3 to someone who was a cool person and made the drive better is nothing if you have a mentality of abundance. The driver will see it and it makes you feel good knowing you connected with someone out in meat space in a positive way. I usually chat up my drivers on the way out to get warmed up to talk to people and get my social juices going.
08-04-2019 04:41 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlastbeatCasanova's post:
jordypip23
Roosh Offline
Innovative Casanova

This is a race drama thread disguised as a rideshare thread. The topic is poisoned from the start.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
08-04-2019 07:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Claims women can drive . . . Myth Busted Hypno 3 1,004 09-02-2019 12:14 PM
Last Post: Captainstabbin
  Rideshare Scooters The Beast1 12 1,517 01-15-2019 12:23 PM
Last Post: Cattle Rustler
  Does Crypto Drive Globalism? redpillage 12 1,346 12-04-2018 02:18 PM