Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Morbidly obese American woman unable to fit on plane
n0000 Offline
Woodpecker

Morbidly obese American woman unable to fit on plane
The title should read: "Morbidly obese American dies after airline unable to board her despite heroic efforts by a team of spot welders, strongmen and forklift operators"

[Image: 26.1n005.toofat.C--300x300.jpg]

Article

Some of the best parts:
Quote:He was also told the seat back couldn’t handle his wife’s weight.

Quote:In Prague, Delta staff told the couple the airline’s plastic wheelchair couldn’t hold her weight, Janos said.

The staff also couldn’t put her on the sky-lift elevator, the airline said.

Quote:Then trouble struck again.

On the plane, the crew, with help from the local fire department, was unable to move her from her wheelchair to the three seats assigned to her.

The captain ordered them off after 30 minutes of no success.

In typical American fashion he is suing:
Quote:Then they were told to drive five hours to Prague for a Delta plane that could accommodate her as a disabled person, said attorney Holly Ostrov Ronai, who is mulling a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against the airlines accusing them of violating laws protecting the disabled.

Quote:“I’m lonely now. Wherever I am going, I am just going alone. I am missing her a lot,” he said, adding he was grateful to work his ferry job on Thanksgiving to keep his mind off his late wife.

“There were only two women in my life — my mother, who I lived with for 23 years, and Vilma, who I lived with for 33 years,” Janos said.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2012 02:33 PM by n0000.)
11-26-2012 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Morbidly obese American woman unable to fit on plane - n0000 - 11-26-2012 02:28 PM