Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Business What Do You Think of This? Bailing out Big Banks
Pete Offline
Banned

What Do You Think of This? Bailing out Big Banks
I've been busy but I've seen how the Cypriots were all robbed their money.

I was just browsing this morning and found this.

http://silverdoctors.com/fdic-bank-of-en...btf-banks/

What do you think of it?

Basically it states that (like Cyprus) if a big bank fails, depositors would face confiscation of their money. They would receive in exchange equity shares on the institution.

Quote:The resolution states that while the US would prefer large financial institutions be resolved through ordinary bankruptcy, depositor wealth confiscation will be pursued in the case of a systemically important institution (i.e. BOA, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, etc):
As demonstrated by the Title I requirement of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 (Dodd-Frank Act), the U.S. would prefer that large
financial organizations be resolvable through ordinary bankruptcy. However, the U.S. bankruptcy process may not be able to handle the failure of a systemic financial institution without significant disruption to the financial system.

What do you think of this? I saw this at a site that sells and promotes physical silver. Nonetheless it wouldn't surprise me that what happenned in Cyprus would spread all over the world.

What would you do if it happenned ?
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 08:17 AM by Pete.)
03-31-2013 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What Do You Think of This? Bailing out Big Banks - Pete - 03-31-2013 08:17 AM