Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Question about bulking/cutting
ryanf Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

RE: Question about bulking/cutting
(04-15-2013 05:20 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 05:08 PM)ryanf Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 01:49 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  I just wonder of the OP really wants to be a bodybuilder?

Not at all

So, you do not want to be a bodybuilder.

Are you just trying to get as big as you can?

You said you would rather have a sprinters build. This method of "bulking/cutting" is more of a bodybuilder type of strategy.

If you want to look like a sprinter, I don't think "bulking and cutting" is the best strategy.

We can discuss strategies for looking like a sprinter if you want to..

(04-11-2013 05:08 PM)ryanf Wrote:  Ive just always either been a fat average height guy or a skinny average height guy.

hmmm...

Why the big swings in weight?

(04-11-2013 05:08 PM)ryanf Wrote:  If I had to choose, I would go with the sprinter type build vs the bodybuilder, but I have a hard time getting to either.

I think the sprinters body is easier to get and maintain.

There is no bulking and cutting. It is just a lifestyle that you live. Eat smart, train smart.

I can go into more detail if you want.

I have been sprinting up sand dunes at the beach. My body has never looked more like a sprinters. Of course, I lift weights and play alot of basketball and soccer. And, I do yoga and stretch religiously.

Here is a sample of my daily diet:

8am - smoothie (bananas, almonds, dates, coconut flesh, honey, protein powder)
9am - fresh fruits and nuts
10am - 5 or 6 egg whites, one or 2 whole eggs, scrambled with veges and tortillas.
1pm - fish, chicken, or steak tacos with brown rice and beans.
3pm - nuts and fruit or protein shake
6pm - another big meal (grilled chicken/fish/steak with brown rice and veges)(post work out)
8pm - fruit smoothie or salad
before bed - protein shake.

Related info:

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-4585-p...l#pid58997

Quote:Why the big swings in weight?

Well, I was a super skinny kid and gained a ton of weight during puberty, so I was always a tad chunky since late middle school. Throughout adulthood, I would diet and gain it back from time to time. It was only about 8 months ago that I went down to slender and have kept it off (around the time I discovered this website and game).

I do have a partially endomorph physique, though. I can easily put on fat, but when I slim down, I have that nice v-shaped torso.

Quote:We can discuss strategies for looking like a sprinter if you want to..

That would be awesome. I google around, but you never really can tell if the advice is bullshit. It's always biased towards either bulky / super lean, and frequently it's just trying to sell you some shit program. Would be nice to hear from someone who lives the lifestyle.

Uncle Hank from Requiem for a Dream is my spirit animal
04-16-2013 08:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about bulking/cutting - ryanf - 04-08-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: Question about bulking/cutting - GenJx - 04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: Question about bulking/cutting - ryanf - 04-10-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Question about bulking/cutting - ryanf - 04-11-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: Question about bulking/cutting - ryanf - 04-16-2013 08:37 PM