Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
I came across an article on the web a few months back. To reduce anxiety it recommended using folinic acid. I didn't think much of it but gave it a shot since its really cheap and is basically folate. Almost immediately my anxiety was reduced drastically, where things that would normally bother me, like a patient not liking a RX of a glasses I cut. Granted rationally I didn't DO the RX, that's the doctors job, but just cut the lens, but if the RX was off it would bother me a lot. It didn't bother me much at all while on folinic acid. After several week I went to my shrink again and he noticed quite a difference in how I talked about things. I normally am pretty pessimistic and would complain about something. I was much more easy going, and was under worse pressure before do to work related issues.

I went there again a few days ago and he still noticed the change so I don't think its a fluke. I read up a bit on what folate does and it is aborbed in the illium. That is the part of the small intestine on me that has the ulcer. So its most likely not absorbed well. Folinic acid is supposedly able to be absorbed much easier than folate. I'm not sure on that account since I haven't tried just regular folate yet. That's what I'm using.

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Me...linic+acid
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2015 07:37 PM by kbell.)
05-22-2015 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes kbell's post:
Biz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 05-22-2015 07:35 PM