I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
I've always had depression. I have feelings of worthlessness and lethargy, and occasionally sadness. The last few weeks have been worse but that could be due to weather and not being outside enough. I do see a therapist and have for a very long time. The problem is the thoughts of worthless, low self-esteem and lethargy are still there.

Fisto recently posted about frame being everything in pickup. Is it possible to reframe your own thoughts to be more cheerful? And how would you approach this.

CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy does something similarly I have heard. I do have the book Feeling Good which is a intro to it, but haven't read it yet. There is also a website called Mood Gym. I'm going to register today on that. I'd like to hold myself accountable here because I can get lazy with doing things.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 11:43 AM by kbell.)
10-23-2013 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like kbell's post:
Giovonny, TonySandos, , puckerman, zero1, RunsWithScissors, Handsome Creepy Eel

Messages In This Thread
Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 10-23-2013 10:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Season depression/loss of libido MtnMan 37 10,834 11-08-2019 01:14 PM
Last Post: JM_321
  [Health]  Bright Light Therapy for Regularizing Sleep and Reducing Depression and Anxiety The Lizard of Oz 332 155,588 10-28-2019 01:15 PM
Last Post: redbeard
  drinking, depression and rapid aging The Lizard of Oz 77 32,520 08-10-2019 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kid Twist