I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Stephen King Appreciation Thread
Cuntus Epicus Offline
Pigeon

RE: The Stephen King Appreciation Thread
Re-read a few stories from 'Skeleton Crew' over the weekend. Always thought his short stories and novella's were often better than his novels due to him having to stop waffling on so much, and tighten his prose.

NightShift and Skeleton Crew the best in my view - certainly some of what would call actual horror stories.

The short post-Salem's lot story 'One for the road' from Night Shift still gives me the chills.

The one that triggered this post though was 'Word Processor of the Gods' - very Red Pill, (first published in Playboy incidentally), certainly worth checking out. Have read it a few times over the years, but this weekend was an 'ah!' moment with a wry smirk emitted.

Sadly it's a far cry from that 'Sleeping Beauties' pish, which I gave up on - never did that before to a SK book and I've read pretty much everything he's done - hopefully it was his son's influence that caused that direction (co-wrote with him)
09-02-2019 06:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Cuntus Epicus's post:
JayR, Solitaire, d'Aversa

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stephen King Appreciation Thread - Cuntus Epicus - 09-02-2019 06:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Horror Books/Authors (Outside of Stephen King/Lovecraft) 2Wycked 13 4,999 10-18-2019 04:37 PM
Last Post: Bizet
  The Pewdiepie appreciation thread Rudideviz 158 27,714 09-13-2019 11:08 AM
Last Post: [email protected]
  Kona Appreciation Thread Suits 19 2,236 08-25-2019 07:47 PM
Last Post: SlickyBoy