I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

I hate the corporate world, especially in IT
Mig Picante Offline
Chubby Chaser

RE: I hate the corporate world, especially in IT
IT in a corporate setting sucks, it is given no respect. As others have posted, it's a cost centre in a business context and so will always be under pressure. All the resources and attention a business are allocated to revenue and profit making opportunities. You're always expected to do more with less. Capital will flow to licences and hardware upgrades rather than staff and you will just need to learn it without help.

IT is largely process driven, it changes quickly and you're meant to know everything, while others in the business remain ignorant.

From a former IT guy that did a business degree and got out.
07-13-2019 05:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I hate the corporate world, especially in IT - Mig Picante - 07-13-2019 05:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How glamorous is the corporate world really? tugofpeace 47 5,324 08-08-2019 03:43 PM
Last Post: NoMoreTO
  The Corporate Life Lounge - career advice, stories, game etc. Dalaran1991 3 1,604 10-09-2018 08:02 AM
Last Post: Built to Fade
  [Making Money]  A Newbie’s guide to Navigating the Corporate Finance Environment - Part III Cobra 7 3,394 07-31-2018 03:22 PM
Last Post: Cobra