Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

44 year old woman has sex with 14 year old boy - gets slap on the wrist.
Ping Offline
Banned

RE: 44 year old woman has sex with 14 year old boy - gets slap on the wrist.
(07-31-2014 04:55 PM)richler Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 04:45 PM)Ping Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 03:27 PM)nigerian Wrote:  There's a double standard for a reason. If it the kid enjoyed it I don't see why anyone's life should be ruined here.

So to be intellectually consistent you would also say the same if a 40-year old fucked a 12 year old girl and she enjoyed it?
Would you say the same if a 40-year old man fucked your 12 year old son and he enjoyed it?

The fact that you consider a childs opinion as the ultimate decider or litmus test on whether or not something is abusive makes me question your intelligence. There should not be a double-standard (discrimination) under the law, I find it amazing that I even need to state that... but apparently I do.

This is equalist logic, Enlightenment-era logic. It's what ultimately produced feminism.

A 40-year-old man fucking a 12-year-old girl is not the same act as a 40-year-old woman fucking a 12-year-old boy. Neither is acceptable, of course, but one exceeds the other in terms of its brutality and in terms of the destructiveness of the emotional landscape produced. This is because men and women are different. They are fundamentally different. They are two different types of human being.

Citation needed for:

"but one exceeds the other in terms of its brutality and in terms of the destructiveness of the emotional landscape produced."

Men and women being different does not equal or support your statement above.

Anyway, so if it is only a matter of the victim being a girl or boy that determines the "destructiveness" of the pedophilia. A 40 year old man having sex with your 12 year old son is the same as a 40 year old woman right? In terms of "destructiveness" that is.

Also, are you also arguing that what the child thinks/feels about it in the present should be a major factor in determine the pedophiles sentence?
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 05:08 PM by Ping.)
07-31-2014 05:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ping's post:
Suits

Messages In This Thread
RE: 44 year old woman has sex with 14 year old boy - gets slap on the wrist. - Ping - 07-31-2014 05:03 PM