Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

IT Skills that Lend to Freelancing, Remote Working, Location Independence, etc.
inostranec Offline
Sparrow

RE: IT Skills that Lend to Freelancing, Remote Working, Location Independence, etc.
I was in your position last year. I have been living in Russia-Belarus for the last 4 years. I was working as company representative here, but some time ago economy went bad, dollar went up to the roof and the war in Ukraine fucked it up. And no sales means no dough. So I decided to get some skills I can get some remote work. For 6 months I studied hard for web development now I work freelance here and living decently.

1-You don't have to be an expert to make money. I got some html, css and some jquery skills first. I took the "mobile first" approach which clients seem to like. I started making money after 2 months of studying.
2-I don't make cold calling, well especially my Russian accent is not welcome here so instead I make a shortlist, give it to my woman and send her over to customers. I choose my clients mostly 40+ year old lawyers, doctors, psychologists or such who has less technological knowledge than younger.
3-I always take hosting to my servers. Most developers don't do that and I don't understand why. I tell my customers that they need some maintenance like if the server is down the transfer of files to another server and such. 50$ a month a customer and it is basically no work and a passive income. Your rates in your country may vary but after say 100 customers you have 5000$ passive income.

You could outsource your work but you should at least be able to read the code.
03-20-2015 02:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT Skills that Lend to Freelancing, Remote Working, Location Independence, etc. - inostranec - 03-20-2015 02:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best U.S. city to work remote in? lunchmoney 38 3,680 11-05-2019 07:17 PM
Last Post: Aquarius
  Best Remote Jobs?? 2-3k USD Month To Live Abroad? Fitman2018 11 2,126 10-05-2019 08:48 PM
Last Post: Donbe
  Freelancing on Elance etc. Teedub 635 254,318 08-07-2019 07:10 AM
Last Post: iThinkThereforeIam