I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
Jetlagged Offline
Robin
Silver Member

RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic
I'm so glad I came across this thread, specially for the hook grip info and the fact that mixed grip can give you issues on one side of your body (makes fucking sense). I tried rotating the grips to even out but I prefer left overhand grip, right underhand grip and usually stick with that.

I tried hook grip once, without really investing a lot of energy into looking it up and it hurt like a motherfucker and I didn't want to drop my weights at the time to restart.

After this trip overseas I will be restarting. Also glad I read about not locking shoulders back, I also do this. Have been seeing a lot of dudes like Layne Norton and his clients posting lat spreads and claiming deadlifts did it I'm like how the fuck. Now I get it.

I stalled at a 335 deadlift, while my squat shot up to an all time best of 295 (I swear I had 315 in me). Those two lift should not be so close, DL should have been much higher. I think the lat activation thing and keeping my arms taut is going to help me refind my groove, along with hook grip. All these should help me get my hips closer to the bar as well.

I've also been very anti wraps, lifting belts, knee sleeves, etc since the very beginning of when I started lifting. I may invest in the straps now, I'm still borderline on the belt. I've made very good progress without it so far, at least I feel, and I still feel like I can take more. I picked up some sleeves and do like them.

Can't wait I come back and start Lifting again, and I can ease into hook gripping at the same time as easing back into lifting.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 03:16 AM by Jetlagged.)
05-12-2015 03:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Do You Even Deadlift" Clinic - Jetlagged - 05-12-2015 03:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic StrikeBack 85 40,700 03-28-2019 10:24 AM
Last Post: Kieran
  The Big 3 Routine (Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press Only Workout) Flint 30 17,339 03-16-2016 10:46 AM
Last Post: ScrapperTL
  My last deadlift Spike 103 38,569 04-25-2015 02:47 PM
Last Post: birdie num num