Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity
Isaac Jordan Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

RE: The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity
(05-25-2015 05:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  
Quote:I think this is what Roosh means when he says that his Neomasculinity places less importance on the theory of evolution, but I'll wait and see what he has to say about the matter.

I'm prioritizing that article. I'll get it up in June.

It's very long, however. I want to give it proper treatment if I'm going to question a sacred cow.

I'm quite interested in hearing your stance on this, Roosh, especially given your background in biology.

As an atheist, evolutionary theory/biology/psychology is by far the most parsimonious explanation I've found for the vast majority of human behavior.

One basic assumption-that humans are simply animals-provides an epistemological starting point by which one can reach theoretical conclusions that are firmly backed up by real-world experience.

When we want to understand how an organism works, we look at how it operates in its natural habitat, along with how that habitat (and the species itself) has changed over time.

In applying this methodology to a recently-evolved species of ape (homo sapiens) we find clarity in everything from mating practices (game), to diet and lifestyle (paleo/primal living), to social behaviors like politics (r/K selection) and religion.

A quick scan of your list from the What Is Neomasculinity? post shows that nearly half of the table of contents are directly related to evolutionary theory (especially sexual selection):

Game
Traditional sex roles
The true nature of women
Sexual marketplace value
Testosterone
Nuclear family
Binary sex model
Feminine beauty ideals
Natural health and hygiene

I'm likely putting the cart before the horse, as I of course have no idea what you plan on posting concerning evolution. And I'll admit, there are plenty of people out there who can twist and turn the theory to suit their own ends. But at the end of the day, I would hate to see a promising new ideology like neomasculinity distance itself from evolutionary theory, given that it already underpins (and vigorously supports) much of the ideology itself.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2015 07:17 PM by Isaac Jordan.)
05-25-2015 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 8 users Like Isaac Jordan's post:
Americas, MMX2010, Il Bersagliere, dies irae, JoyStick, Handsome Creepy Eel, Hank, Devilton

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity - Isaac Jordan - 05-25-2015 07:16 PM