Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Super rich Indian Brit kills himself after business fails
Thersites Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Super rich Indian Brit kills himself after business fails
(04-29-2016 04:02 PM)Vronsky Wrote:  Please. You're really going to attribute the suicide of a man clearly unsuited to cutthroat business life, a long history of depression and who recently got off anti-depression pills solely to his wife?

She obviously was a trophy to him but to ignore that the man was:
- CEO in name only (his father made the decisions)
- Inherently not business-minded (loved films, invested in nightclubs and went on retreats to the Amazon where he thought the tribes were too commercialized)
- Had an over-developed sense of responsibility for the collapse of the firm and the losses of all those jobs
- Had to sell-off his assets and wore his cheapest watch cause he felt "he didn't deserve those nice things"

...is simply ridiculous.

Angad Paul was not prepared to be a CEO or to handle his depression. I feel for this guy because I see some similarity with me. Someone like him is a guy that you can trust to take care of everyone in a community, but he is not leader to survive in today's business culture. Elder Paul put him there for show, he did not realize how powerless he made his son to be. There were fucking warning signs of his depression going into full swing him selling his cars, watches, and off his meds. I forsee a lot of Indian/Asian guys going through this, partly due to genetics.

There was blog post I read couple years ago about 5-HTTLPR genotype and Asian culture. The genotype is known as short allele Serotonin receptor is common in Asian population. This allele is seen in lot of Asiain guys with depression. This gene is good 9% of the Asian population due to holders of the gene having are more sensitive to communal bonds, hence help the survival of the community. Holders of this gene thrive in Asian culture are supportive to a person. The problem is put such a holder with this in modern Western Culture, say hello to pill popping antidepressants.
05-02-2016 12:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thersites's post:
sonoran_

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super rich Indian Brit kills himself after business fails - Thersites - 05-02-2016 12:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Indian Politics Eklavya 157 46,217 Yesterday 11:31 PM
Last Post: Transsimian
  Super Alpha: Nikko Jenkins doxide 41 16,531 12-01-2019 10:26 PM
Last Post: Zevs
  Scientist plan to play God by killing off mosquitoes spectacularly fails Roosh 28 4,343 09-23-2019 06:27 PM
Last Post: Mike42day